this time 2 years ago
this time 2 years ago

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_kaz_*

Posted 18 March 2005 - 08:35 PM

i know i have already posted Logans birth story in here...... but....................

this time 2 years ago i was sitting in a hospital bed on my own, with my Dad upstairs in his own hospital bed.

i had had one lot of gels inserted at 3pm, and was waiting for the midwide to come check on me at 9pm (she was late) and put another lot of gels on.

within 10 minutes of the 2nd lot of gels i was in enough pain to have a shower and to call DH to come in. after my shower i called my sister too.

by 11pm i was in the birthing suite, writhing in pain, wanting to know where the hell my DH was. he was at home having fallen back asleep thinking i'd be a while before i had the baby.... not so.

1am he walked in the door, after my sister calling him a million times, but him not hearing the phone. i was on my hands and knees holding the head of the bed with the gas mouthpeice firmly in my hand. i was sucking on that stuff like my life depended on it.

when he walked in at 1am i screamed at him "where were you" and he replied with "i'm here now, how much of that stuff has she had"?  my sister gave him he death stare.

they wanted me to roll over, the baby wouldn't come down in that position, but i knew it would hurt more on my back.... they told me they wanted to check how far dilated i was, so after some persuasion i rolled over, i was 8cm, so she broke my waters..... then i was on my back. but i refused to open my legs.... in hindsight, i was scared of that searing burning pain i remembered from Badens head crowning.... oooh the sting, i remember like it was yesterday.... but once they (a midwife and my sister) held down a knee each... i was on my way.

at 1.45am on 20th March 2003 Logan Adam Leonard was born.... he came out with his hand on his head supposedly... not that i seen it. he literally slipped out... his brother had pathed the way with a bigger head.

he came straight up onto my tummy, gunk and all... i put him on the boob after a while, and he fed for a bit. that was interesting, first time i had ever breastfed, and it felt great.

after a while the midwife took him away to be cleaned up and weighed and measured. he weighed  the same as his brother did. and he was the same length, but his head was 1cm smaller.... swoosh.......

i got up to have a shower.... and that was a new experience. after Badens birth i was on heavy medication so i dont remember birthing the placenta (i dont actually remember it with logan either) or all the stuff after.. but after logan, i was shocked and concerned by the amount of blood and gunk that came out of me in the shower..... it really disgusted me, still does, the memory....

2 years on, and my little monster is the joy of my life, along with his brother.... i cant' wait till tomorrow when he wakes and i can give him his presents....

Logan i can't beleive you are nearly 2.

Baden 5   Logan 2 on Saturday

#2 Freckles

Posted 21 March 2005 - 07:05 AM

Thanks for sharing your story. Our little ones are such a delight, aren't they? original.gif

Cheers!

Emma
DH Andrew
DS Patrick Finn 19/6/02

TTC #2 on hold (FF Page)

#3 KA

Posted 21 March 2005 - 10:52 AM

Kaz that was so lovely. I can't believe your little man is 2. Happy Birthday Logan!

Love Kerrie.

KA<BR>DS 5/7/01<P><BR>
DD  15/2/04

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.