Madeline's delivery via C-Section
Madeline's delivery via C-Section

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ElizabethIAm

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:26 PM

Well I was due to give birth on the 3rd May however by the 10th May I was still waiting. My doctor told me that due to the fact that it appeared that my baby was a little on the larger size if things didn't progress we would need to do an induction. When I went and saw my Dr on the 10th May he said that because the head was still quite high and my cervix was not making any progress I could be induced however chances are that I would go through a long and tiring labour with only about a 50% chance of being able to deliver naturally and therefore I had the option of haveing a C-Section. I didn't like the thought of a long labour and opted for the ceserean. We assumed that this would be organized over the next few days however as soon as I left the surgery my Dr called my mobile and told me that we would be able to do this that evening and really I only had the time to go home, get my bags together and go to the hospital. By this stage I had called my DP and he was on his way home from work. I also called my mum, dad and my best friends who also wanted to be at the hospital. We arrived at the hospital at about 6pm and were told that there was a chance that it wouldn't happen that night but it would depend on surgery time as we were last on the list. Anyway by 9pm the nurse came in and said "its time" so I put on an attractive hospital gown and that is probably the time I started getting nervous. I had never been in hospital before so being in the operating room was quite scary. They gave me an epidural and the whole thing was over in about 5 minutes. Then they lifted out our beautiful baby and announced that she was a healthy little girl. By this stage I was feeling a little sick however very excited to have finally met my baby. Little Madeline Grace was born at 9:58pm on 10th May at a weight of 8 pound 10. I am a little unsure now if I was in fact late as due to my doctor and dates she was a week late although the Dr conducting the C-Section seems to think that she was in fact 2 weeks early. Either way she is beautiful and healthy, doesn't cry much and is just a joy to watch and a wonderful addition to our family.  

ME: 29yrs
DP: 30yrs
Beautiful Madeline, 1 week and 1 day old.

me 29
dp 30
D-Date: 03/05/05

#2 Freckles

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:20 PM

Congratulations on the safe arrival of Madeline and thanks for sharing your story. original.gif

Cheers!

Emma
DH Andrew
DS Patrick Finn 19/6/02

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.