JOK1812 - ttc no 2
AUSSIEGAL66 - ttc no 2
HIGHEXPECTATION - ttc no 2
CALI - ttc no 4 in 2007
KAS TTC
NASH TTC #3

Pregnant Mums:
LUV.MY.KIDS - #3 due 17 August 2006
REBELYELL #3 due 29 Sept or 5th Oct 2006.
SOSLEEPY #2 due 3 Nov 2006.
MS FLIB - #3 12 Nov 2006
YELLOWROSE - DUE JAN 2007
SOPHIAANNE - #1 DUE 28TH JAN 2007
41MUM - - #1 DUE 3 MARCH 2007

Babies Born:
MINNI DUE? Any news?
FIONA40 - Due 24th July 06. Any news anyone?
LOTZY - Cooper John Born 3rd June 2006
JAZZY2005 Surprise baby due 26th May 2006. - Any News?
4THTIMEAROUND - #4 due 17 May - Any News?
JAIMESMUMMY #5 due 16 March 2006 - Any news?
CLAIRE36 - William Jack born 6th May 2006
BANANA PEEL Lauren Paige born 19th Feb, 06
BLUEMIST Alina Joan Born 4th April, 05.
BUTTERFLYAJ #1 due 6th March 2006 - Any news anyone??
CATHY44 - Isabella Mary born September 28th, 05.
CHRISSY36 - Gorgi Louise Born May 28th, 05.
GABISMAMA - Gabrielle born - 13 Feb 2006
GUMMYBEAR - Brock Born 4th April, 05.
HARO - Peter Ian Born May 30, 05.
HEIDIH - Jeremy 25/10/01, Tobias 14/03/03, Miranda 20/01/05
JAHBEE - Dylan John born August 9th, 05.
KIT4KEEPS - Nicholas Matthew
KFOGO - Nicholas David Born 15th March, 05
LOHLA Liam James born 9 August 05
MAZZEE - Gabrielle born 23rd October, 04.
REDGIRLSHELL - Elijah is 8 months old
CRISTAL - Luka Bonnie born 21st November 2005
SLJ - Haydn Anthony born 8th November, 05.
SYDPROD2001 - Phillippa Louise Born 9th May, 05.
VICTORIA1394 - Jade born on Valentines Day!
WISHINGSTAR - Amy Lyn born August 23rd, 05.

If anyone has any updates for me, please PM me and I will post it for you.
Thanks.
Best of luck to everyone this month!

Edited by Lotzy, 05 August 2006 - 07:14 AM.

#2 Guest_Lotzy_*

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:11 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

It is so lovely to see so many new members here, the list is certainly growing...it's just great!
Welcome to all you new members. Please do check the list above and if your name and details are not included, please do let me know and I will make emends to the list.

Thanks for your concern re mammogram and u/s. All went well, the mammogram is for a dodgy boob I have from about 6 years ago and it is the first time since then that I have had it checked...I know, I know.
Anyway, I have a mass there, but benign fatty tissue...it hasn't changed thank goodness, but it can be as sore as hell. Incredibly so in the first weeks of b/f, it felt like a thousand needles travelling up my breast...quite painful!
All is well.
The gynaecologist appt went well too, that one is for contraceptive of the Mirena IUD...little to no side effects and rarely get a period, plus it lasts for 5 years yay!...sounds like me! I can't take the pill as it causes me more migraines than I get anyway. Not that I have had one for 3 years and don't want anymore either. Used be a weekly girl and on the pill was around 3 times per week with migraines.

Cooper had his 2 month shots yesterday..poor wee mite. Got the cranks well and truly and I had picked yesterday to go clothes shopping for him. I took my mother along with me, bought baby panadol, but to no avail...he just wanted comforting. So we cut it short. He didn't sleep except for in the car and finally went to sleep about 7pm last night. He still woke at 12.30 am, then again at 4am, then 6am. He is sleeping right now though, hence that is why I am here..LOL

He is doing well and now weighs well over 6.5 kgs, which is about 14 and a half pounds. Doing well I'd say! He is still a Mister Piggy.
I will post updated photos very soon.

Hope all is going well with everyone and Cathy are you still in Singapore or home again?

Flib take it easy with the pregnancy...I can totally relate re the hips...not nice is it? I still get a clicking in my back now, like something is a bit loose somewhere.
I call it old age...for myself that is.

Best of luck to everyone with their endeavours this month.

All the best.
Cyber hugs to all

Toni

#3 Bkrsdzn+1

Posted 01 August 2006 - 09:28 PM

Hi girls, I thought I'd join you all.  I have qualified here for a while but this is the first time I have posted.  I started out at 19, as a young mum, then became average and now at 38(39 when bubs arrives)I'm in the 'older' category.  I've loved every stage and feel incredibly priviledged that I get to still be enjoying this incredible experience as I approach 40.

#4 Bluemist

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:12 AM

Hi all,

Just popping in to welcome those I missed.

I am finally recovering from my thingy flu shivers hot sweats. DD is still sick...her nose is all blocked and she has a hacking cough...its terrible to listen to..

Anyway better get off to bed...

Bluemist.

#5 41mum

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:47 AM

Hi all
I can't believe that July has gone already.  I am now nearly 9 weeks pregnant, and am getting used to the idea now, and looking forward to the little bub.  I am also looking forward to getting past the m/s stage - I had forgotten how horrible it is.  I recently did some travelling and found I felt disgusting the day after my plane flights.
Am coming up to having the ultrasound, blood test screening soon.
Hope everyone is going well.
41mum

#6 Bluemist

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:47 PM

Hi again all,

Just popping my head in again original.gif

41mum how exciting (the scans I mean NOT the morning sickness! Can relate there I was throwing up the morning of the day I gave birth...all acid...oh sweet memories ohmy.gif )
Well it will be exciting to have the ultrasound......original.gif

Lotzy- Cooper is doing so well!!!! My DD wasn't even 8kgs at last check up and tomorrow she will be 16 months (I CANT GET OVER HOW QUICKLY THE TIME IS GOING)

Poor DD is really stuffed up and her hacking cough is causing stares wherever we go...they all look at me as if it's *my* fault LOL original.gif
She is obsessed with bikes at the moment...points them out wherever we go...so am thinking of getting her a bike like thing for christmas...if we move out of this shoebox...

Hope everyone is well...I am slowly getting better.

Bluemist.

#7 SLJ

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:53 PM

Hi All

Have had a shocker of a week here.
Still at home haven't managed to get into work this week, and not looking like gettong back until Monday at this stage.

Haydn started the week with vomiting which soon turned to the most explosive nappies I've ever seen. I then finished up vomiting for 2 days couldn't even keep water down, now just as I'm feeling a bit better, DP is starting to feel sick.

Haydn still has the explosive nappies but the doctor tells me there is nothing they can do but wait it out and try to get fluids into him, he seems happy enough between explosions, gets the grizzles just before, but I'm guessing he has a belly ache.
Once we hear the rumbles we whip him off the be changed, because the nappies just can't contain it.

Flib - Yep you guessed it full blown gastro, which Haydn so kindly passed on to me, and now it looks like DP too, oh and my brother who had dinner with us the other day too. Oh well the first of many to come I guess, we have been lucky so far.

Michelle - Welcome. You certainly have covered all the 'categories' ( for want of a better word lol), sorry my brain is not functioning this week! Hope you find this group as helpful and supportive as I have.

41mum - Hope the m/s isn't too bad, I remember it well, and have been reliving it this week!

Bluemist- Don't those people make you feel terrible with their disapproving looks, geez, didn't their kids ever get a cough. Hope DD's cough gets better soon, nothing worse than watching them turn them selves inside out coughing and you can't help.

#8 Bluemist

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:32 PM

Susan- sorry to hear you and DS have been sick too- it;s really the pits trying to look after a littley when you are sick yourself isn't it.

Big hugs and I hope you are both feeling better soon.

Bluemist.

#9 Bloomer

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:52 PM

Susan-unfortunately the life of having a child in Childcare.  We have never been so sick.  I remember leaving a friends daughters 1st birthday one easter and vomitting in the gutter...then we proceeded to all get it..  Ever since Grace we have had 2 easters like this.  Must be the season for the gastros in Sydney(easter Show).

Off to get ready for dinner on the river somewhere..

hope everyone gets well soon. I can recommend a couple of weeks in the warmth.

#10 ms flib

Posted 03 August 2006 - 11:21 PM

Gosh we've had gastro in our house the last 2 Easters too and we're in Melbourne. Last Easter I had both gastro and morning sickness so I can sympathise on both counts. I'm so glad that I won't be having m/s again - I wish I could say the same about the gastro!!!

Susan - I hope you all feel better soon!

41Mum - I hope your m/s doesn't hang around for too long. Mine calmed done by about 14 weeks - what a relief!

Bluemist - I hate the dirty looks you get when your child has a bad cough. My son had asthma when he was younger and used to cough a lot in public. I felt like sitting people down and giving them his medical history. It used to drive me crazy that people would be saying  "ooooh that's a bad cough" like I hadn't noticed it or done anything about! So annoying! Hopefully you'll stop hearing it soon too!

Shell - Welcome. I loved the photo of your amazing brood.

Toni - I'm glad your mammogram didn't show up anything you weren't expecting. Thanks for the sore hips sympathy! The chiropracter has been working recently although I can only afford to see her once a week and it gets pretty bad by the time my appt comes around. The joys of pregnancy.......

I'm going to a family wedding in a couple of weeks and will be almost 29 weeks pregnant. What to wear?? I don't want to spend much for obvious reasons but want to look decent which is hard without a waist! I going to try shopping again tomorrow and have even been considering making myself something! I can sew but have a terrible history of not finishing things. Hopefully I'll find something gorgeous that's on sale that I can wear when not pregnant also. Well that's the plan!!

Best wishes to everyone

Flib

#11 Cristal

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:32 AM

Good Morning

I have not experienced gastro with a child yet, it sounds pitiful. I guess the worst part is not being able to conjure up some mummy magic and get rid of it for them.

Susan & family - hope your getting better.  

Margaret - thanks for your comment on childcare. I probably was over-reacitng. DD went on Wednesday and she had 4 little girls to spoil her all day. She had a great day so I am told. She was certainly happy and content when I got her home.

Flib - I went to wedding recently and friend was 38 weeks, she looked radient. She wore black pants and loose fitting flowing top with a floral-type print. It was really worked, it was  not too much belly but enough to exentuate her beautiful baby figure IYKWIM.  

Take care everyone
Cristal

#12 miffymoo

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:45 AM

Hi All,

Thanks for all your welcome messages.

Feeling a bit sad as I didn't fall pregnant this month.I feel a bit desperate despite only trying for a couple of months.I have been waiting for my husband to be ready to try for a sibling close to our daughter's age, for more than 12months and once he decided he was ready (he has been sick,which is understandable,)I guess any more waiting is challenging.I'm letting the fear of being older effect me,and it's hard to trust in my body that it knows what to do.I feel a bit frustrated with my hubby for making us wait so long to start trying.
Some of my friends in Mum's group are questioning my feelings."You seem really upset but you haven't been trying very long."
I want another baby as much as I longed for my other two.I hope it happens soon.I'd better get back to playing shops with my daughter instead of feeling sorry for myself!!!

Miffymoo.

#13 Bloomer

Posted 05 August 2006 - 12:33 AM

MiffyMoo - i know that feeling and I think realistically it took 6 months everytime for me... after the vasectomy reversal worked.  

Cristal - that is great about the Day care.

ms flib- yes trousers and a lovely top seem to work.. It worked for me anyway.  I was lucky I could still wear my jackets from work as I had lost weight, though i had a dress I was going to wear to my dad's 70th birthday but it was just too late and their was no way that was going to fit(I was 35weeks)...

Shell - i feel bad now complaining about having to look after 2 when DH is away..(he leaves 2 weeks after we get home)

Susan - Get well!

41Mum - Sorry my MS felt better the day I walked out of hospital with an extra baby.

Bluemist - Winter!

anyone got any remedies for heat rash..grace has it on her chest, went to the pharmacy to buy something and she said she doesn't want anything to make it better.  Where does a 3 year old get these ideas? She said the same about panadol lasttime I tried to giver her some.

#14 Guest_Lotzy_*

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:23 AM

Cathy, just a quickie, but good ole nappy rash cream, whatever you are using will work fine. It has a barrier in it and will help soothe and heal the rash. I use Gaia natural products on Cooper, and they work a treat, he was very rashy for a couple of weeks, which I put down to my chocolate addiction...gulp!

Sick people and kids, get well soon. Must go, Cooper is awake and has been most patient with me, bless his little cotton socks!!

Yummy baby!

hugs and get wells to all.

Toni

#15 miffymoo

Posted 05 August 2006 - 03:26 PM

Toni, I had a Mirena I.U.D for the past two years and found it fantastic.After the initial few months of irregular light spotting,my periods disappeared altogether,with no other symptoms.My Dr. recommended it to me after she had a good experience with one.Many women I have spoken to would not have even considered one,myself included.

Bluemist,I hope your DD is recovering.My DD has similar symptoms including the cough,whilst the rest of us only got the blocked nose and sore throat.We have been lucky to avoid the gastro bug.

Flib,good luck with shopping for an outfit.My sister attended our wedding at 39 weeks and she looked great but she didn't feel so good!!! After 7 shopping trips I finally found a frock for a black-tie dinner dance coming up.I know what you mean about not wanting to spend too much,especially if you may not get to wear it again.With our occasion, all the girls wear different outfits every year so there is alot of pressure to get a new dress.

Cathy,thanks for your understanding about ttc.I will try and be a little more realistic about the odds,to avoid so much disappointment every month.I guess I am very goal driven and this is one goal that we cannot be in control of!I hope Grace's heat rash clears up soon.I had that when I was in Thailand but it disappeared after a week without scarring.I didn't have anything to put on it.

Miffymoo
Me 39
DH 45
ttc no.3,"our" no.2!

#16 Lizzicat

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:14 PM

Hello Fellow Mature Ones biggrin.gif ,
  It's lovely to see more of us in here every time I pop in.

Miffymoo - you're only 39 ;)like you, I like to be in control of everything in my life. I won't add my 2c worth on ttc, but I will wish you lots of positive thoughts and wishes that what you want in your life happens.

Cathy is my inspiration wink.gif . I'm unsure if I want another baby but at my age I guess I had better figure it out soon (this is my only regret about waiting to have children)

LOL at the Easter gastro bug, us too sad.gif

Toni - Cooper sounds lovely, is he a "go with the flow" baby? He seems to take it all in his stride  tongue.gif already, he's obviously got a contented Mummy. smile1.gif

Catch up later,

#17 Bloomer

Posted 06 August 2006 - 12:15 AM

Glad to provide Inspiration!..next Sunday is my 46th birthday!.. It is freaking me out a little.. I have a 3 year old and a 10 month old...

Isabella was entered in a crawling comp at a shopping centre today. I think she would have won the cutest baby if we'd entered her in that...she just made up numbers for the crawling. But she was more interested in having a look around..There were probably a couple of hundred...singaporians watching her.

#18 Margryan

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:00 PM

Hi all

Had a lovely day on Sunday.  Paul and I renewed our wedding vows for our 10th anniversary.  For once our children were actually well behaved in church.  Had a few friends back for lunch afterwards which we had catered because we did not want the stress of having to prepare the food on "our" day.

No time to do proper personals.  Commiserations to all those suffering from morning sickness and gastro.  Good luck to all those ttc.

Best wishes

#19 Narm

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:08 AM

Hi everyone,

Haven't posted for a couple of weeks just been flat out lately.

Margryan - Awww - how lovely.  What a wonderful way for you and your husband to celebrate your 10th anniversary. Glad you enjoyed it.  Good idea about catering!  DH and I have thought about doing this one day.  We even discussed getting married again by Elvis in Las Vegas - not very romantic I'm afraid.

Had first ob visit the other day - he seemed ok - a no nonsense type but I'm fine with that.  I didn't expect him to be all touchy feely (well you know what I mean).  He got me booked in for a scan and amnio on Thursday (yikes!!!).  I'm a little (in fact very) nervous I have to admit.  I did a quadruple blood test the other day and based on that and other things will be counselled whether to go ahead with amnio on the day. I expect we will go ahead.

Anyway, must dash.  Bye for now.  Hope all of you that are unwell get better very soon.

#20 Bluemist

Posted 09 August 2006 - 07:48 PM

Hi girls....

Phew I feel knackered today.... DD was trying to rearrange everything LOL.
Anyway just dropped in again to say hello.
Marygryan- congrats on the renewal original.gif AWWW Romantic Romantic. original.gif

Miffymoo- hang in there. original.gif

Well Dh and I are thinking of trying soon for number 2......original.gif

<_<  rolleyes.gif  smile1.gif  unsure.gif  wacko.gif

Hope everyone is ok.

Bluemist.

#21 Guest_Lotzy_*

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:55 AM

Hi Ladies,

Sorry it's been so long since posting. Where does the time go? Doesn't seem that long ago and already we are almost half way through August already.

Miffymoo, yes the Mirena I.U.D is going in on Tuesday. Was supposed to be last Monday, but I had a gastro bug and didn't want to be caught short.
Also already I have had my first period, since having Cooper. Not fair! Oh well that's life.

Lizzicat...Cooper is a pretty cruisy baby when he wants to be. He is quick to smile and laugh now and just enjoys loads of activity. He is sick and tired of being a baby already and wants to be on the move and upright most of the time. He's been here before I reckon! But then I reckon most babies these days have been here before, they already know what to do and want to get past being a baby way to quickly.
Cooper is really a delightful wee man. His eyes are so expressive and he smiles with those eyes before it reaches the rest of his face. You just gotta melt when that happens. He has daymares too, as opposed to nightmares. It breaks my heart when he wakes sobbing like that, and the tears...oh lordy it brings tears to my eyes too and his dad's and his grandmas...real heartbroken, soul wrenching sobs!

We are all doing well though and Cooper is thriving still, thanks for asking. Dad loves him to pieces and cannot remember all of the things we do with him and the bathing etc when his firstborn was this age almost 21 years ago.
Having said that, he (DH) is a completely different person to then and a much happier person in himself ( he was a single working dad)...he used to be so hard on himself and had a pretty awful father back then. But maturity and love have got him to where he is today. I wouldn't have him any other way!

Anyway I am jabbering on here. Hope you ladies get over MS, gastro and any other ills you may be experiencing.

Take care of those babies...precious gems that they are.

hugs to all
Toni

#22 Bluemist

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:32 PM

Hi - just had to tell someone my DD took ten steps today YAY....8 yesterday ---not that I'm counting...its just so cute to see.

original.gif

Bluemist.

#23 SLJ

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:18 AM

Hi All

Well finally on the mend here, now that the gastro bug has finally left the house!

Have been having some computer (well phone line really)problems so haven't been able to get online much at home. Hopefully all sorted now though.

It appears I have missed an entire thread! Oh well, won't try to catch up will start from scratch again.

Not much happening here, my little man is now 9 months old, and growing like a weed. Have been out and about doing a lot of walking over the weekend while the weather was beautiful. Have pulled up quite well, even the brummy knee, so maybe I'm not as far out of sahpe as I thought.

Will try to catch up on all the happenings.
Hope everyone is well and happy!

Must go and do some work now though.

Edited to add:

BLuemist - Woo Hoo on DD's steps!

Edited by SLJ, 14 August 2006 - 08:18 AM.

#24 miffymoo

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:17 PM

Toni, Good luck for your appointment tomorrow.That was bad luck getting your period so soon.Hopefully with the Mirena you could be period-free soon.Something to look forward to!!!

Regards,
Miffymoo

#25 aussiegal66

Posted 15 August 2006 - 01:57 PM

Hi guys would love to join your group, maybe I have popped in a few times can't remember, but I do read your messages.

I'm Rose I'll be 40 this month, have a beautiful 2.5 yr old son, and would love another, I had 2 miscarriages before Liam and 1 just last month.  So hope that I can have another,my Ob did not give me much hope given my age, saying that it is just luck and most eggs are bad.  Well thanks very much, I am not ready to give up now.  Was so hoping for some good news for our family as I lost my Dad last year and then my brother took his own life and the list of disasters goes on.

Love to all  Rose xxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.