August Mature Mums and Mums-To-Be

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#51 KAS

Posted 27 August 2006 - 12:28 AM

Hi everyone,
Have been reading the posts, but haven't had much time to reply. Both DH's parents are sick so that has taken up spare time travelling to see them (1 hr away). His dad was 93 yesterday, he is pretty well considering, mainly just his memory goes. However his Mum has just been diagnosed with bowel cancer, so that has rocked the family a bit.

Anyway, firstly congrats to FIONA40 on a healthy baby. To Toni on the wedding date, and to Nicki on your BFP!!!

Will update more later, but I wanted to say to Bluemist to hang in there. My SIL was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism awhile back. She is now 45 and 23 weeks pregnant with her 3rd child. It was a total suprise. She has 2 other kids 23 & 20 years old. So far she is well and so is baby. Actually she looks great. So don't give up on #2 happening.
Take care all
Kaelene

#52 boocoop

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:35 AM

happy.gif   Hi Guys
I have never posted in here before either but you sound like a great bunch of gals.  I am 40 and have a 21years, 18years, 3years and an 18 month old brood.  Loving every minute of the parentung role second time round and am very proud of my 4 boys.  Looking forward to getting to know you all and reading your posts.  

Have a great day
cheers

#53 aussiegal66

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:19 PM

Hi gals

Hope everyone is fine.  Well I will be 40 on Thursday, arhhhhg.  Unfortunately I should of been 12 weeks, be mc early, I hope this is the month for all us us trying.

Rose

#54 Bluemist

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:22 PM

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your encouragement KAS....just wanted August to be our month...but AF not here yet.LOL....I am crazy.

Hey Rose- hang in there....we are all here...original.gif

Welcome boocoop (great name by the way ) join us....original.gif

Hello to everyone else....

Bluemist.

#55 Cristal

Posted 29 August 2006 - 03:39 PM

Greetings everyone

I have just be introduced to the importance of keeping things out of Luka's (9months) reach. I was having lunch with my mums group. She was on my knee. The waitress placed a coffee in front of me. I didn't really connect the fact that hot coffee and her wandering hands may  collide.  I saw her hand reach for the coffee but before I could do anything, there was hot coffee over her & I.  I grabbed her clothes so they did not stick to her, and another mum took her clothes off and wipped her hands. Luckily she was not burnt.  

OMG I feel so guilty, inadquate and so stupid. I should of been paying more attention. She is fine, sitting on the floor beside me, sharing her toys with me and looking at me with a big one tooth grin. Its hard though. You really need a hundred set of eyes and quick reflexes.

Best wishes Bluemist & Rose

Hello Boocoop

Toni - gee every baby is so different Luka did not teeth until 9 months. Got her first tooth last week.

Take care everyone.
Cristal

#56 Bluemist

Posted 30 August 2006 - 12:43 AM

Well I am not pregnant...not that I thought I was *really* but I am still annoyed .
LOL.
Now I will have to wait at least till November.....sigh.
Oh well.

Bluemist.

#57 miffymoo

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:41 AM

Hi Bluemist,

Sorry to hear that you didn't have any luck this month.
Wishing you lots of hope and luck for November.

I'm in a similar situation. AF was due yesterday but hasn't arrived yet.I tested the day before but it was neg.  If I'm not, I will have to wait until October as I will be away in Sept. At least it will be a nice distraction being in Far North Q'land with DD!!!

Miffymoo

#58 Lizzicat

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:23 PM

Just a quick hi,
Friday, we are going to Tassie for my b/day long w/end celebration as I figured if I couldn't have the type of party I wanted, then I wasn't having one.(I was tired of having to please everyone else)

Aussiegal - Happy Birthday for tomorrow, you're 3 days older than me smile1.gif

Nikki - congrats on your BFP smile1.gif

Cristal - Never feel stupid, a little guilty maybe but not stupid, I bet you'll never do it again. My bad Mummy moments include DS falling off our bed and cutting his finger instead of his nail when he was 4 weeks old.

Bluemist - obviously you need more practice tongue.gif  seriously though,I hope you see 2 lines on the pee stick in the near future.

Me well I'm still unsure, part of me says lets just see if it happens, but I'm more of a carefull planner type of person.
Dinner beckons, catch you all later

#59 Guest_Lotzy_*

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:13 PM

Hiya Ladies,

Good luck to Bluemist and Miffymoo on your TTC in the next couple of months or so. Time seems to go so slowly when all you are wanting to see is a BFP on your pee stick. Then when you have no choice but to be cautious, it seems unfair.

Cristal, you poor thing, how horrible for you and Luka. I know you must've felt terribly guilty, but yeah lesson learnt I reckon and thank goodness she or yourself weren't burnt. A good warning though, don't you think? Luka has forgotten about it already and now it should be time for you to move on from that incident as well. Unfortunately, we adopt guilt the minute our kids are born and we carry it through to our graves...parenthood!

I have discovered Cooper trying to roll from his back to his front and have realised I can no longer leave him sleeping on the couch (even with a blockade beside him), just in case he rolls off. This is just today as well, that I've noticed this. He likes sleeping on the couch, but I am going to have to get him used to sleeping in the portacot downstairs I think. He is great with his night time sleeping, only now waking once and at around 3 or 4am.
We only had the once off 'almost sleeping right through the night' episode. He slept, I didn't!

I think his teething was just his teeth coming up and then going down again. Some kids don't seem to feel it, yet others go through hell to push them through. I hope they have settled for the time being and for a few more months yet. But if he takes after his paternal side, he'll be doing everything by the time he is 8 and a half mths old, including walking...not looking forward to that, I can tell you! My youngest prior to this one was just shy of 10mths old and walking, that was bad enough!

I am going to get Cooper weighed and measured tomorrow. It should be interesting what he weighs now after a months grace.

Well Spring has almost sprung (well September anyway), been spring here for the past couple of weeks now.

See you all on the September posting on Friday.

Take care of yourselves.

Toni

#60 SLJ

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:12 AM

Hi All

Sorry been A bit MIA of late, just not enough hours in the day at present. Generally get 5 minutes here and there to read posts during the day at work, but rarely get time to post.

A big welcome to all the new names, hope you find this group as supportive as I have.

Lizzicat - Enjoy! hope your birthday is wonderful!

Toni - Wow seems like it was only yesterday that cooper was born, trying to roll already, geez time flies. HAydn is currently trying to walk. He stands up by himself so has the balance now he just has to get the feet moving.

Bluemist - bummer on the BFP, fingers crossed for next time.

To all those I have missed hope you are all feeling happy and healthy, and you get the results you want! I promise to try and keep up better in the future (yeah right I've said that before too.....lol)

#61 Bloomer

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:36 PM

hello, we are back from a quick drive to brisbane and isabella is driving me crazy..  she wants to be on my lap to see what is going on but can't sit still my arms must be getting strong with her wriggling...  forever patting and poking me..  her fingers up my nose in my eyes.. she has just about fallen many times.  

Cristal I know one day I will be telling that story, she is such a wriggler or dancer..  GF had a worse story her DD2 is same age as bella and walking!!!!  Unfortunately for her she drinks black tea and turned around in time to see her grabbing it and it going over her arm.  She had to go to Dr and then rush off in an ambulance.  She is fine now but a few weeks visiting the burns unit daily, last week she said all is now Ok..  My Brother did something similar came up onto mums lap from under table and knocked her tea onto his chest..  No scars at all.  But horrifying.

Toni - Isabella is going to be walking before Grace(DD1 - 14 months) but not 10 months!!  maybe when she is one.

Lizzicat - we said just let it happen but then had to get serious..  Problem with being older we know how it happens and what to do to prevent it.(I hope I do)

Bluemist - you need to be healthy for #2 look after yourself.  It will be here before you know it...I was never this tired with just one.

MiffyMoo - enjoy that warmth and have a great holiday.

DH Going OS again Sat.

#62 miffymoo

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:23 AM

I can't believe it...... I'm pregnant!!

I thought it was over for this month after getting the negative test on Mon (14DPO.) We even consoled ourselves at the end of the month of ttc with a bottle of our favourite champagne!!!   I had no pregnancy symptoms this time to convince me the test was wrong. Then I had very, very slight spotting so I thought AF was on the way. Tested yesterday morning and got a BFP!
It still hasn't sunk in. It's such a strange feeling getting something I wanted so much.
Now,I'm just hoping I don't get too much morning sickness when I'm on holidays next week with DD on my own!!  Hopefully it will be too early in the preg.  I'm sure I will cope even if I am sick.
Anyway,we just both feel so relieved that everything's still working fine.

Cristal, So glad to hear that your dear little Luka is okay and didn't get burnt. Isn't it just the worst feeling when they are hurt?
Lizzicat, I loved the sound of your long weekend b'day celebration...HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Birthdays are always more fun spread over as many days as possible!!

A very happy Miffymoo!

#63 Bloomer

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:32 PM

CONGRATULATIONS miffymoo I always found it sneaked up on me those + results..

#64 Moop

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:53 PM

Wow that is fantastic miffymoo congratulations. How long had you been trying for?
Another month down for me with no good news.. it is so annoying cause you are always watching your body for signs and then when you see something you think “this is it” then oh no another month of disappointment.

But I am not stopping yet.

Take very good care of yourself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.