Mum's 2 boys
Mum's 2 boys

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rebecca1

Posted 24 September 2005 - 08:25 PM

I loved being preg and I loved giving birth! Mad I hear you say. But you do definately forget the pain, not only of the labour but the weeks leading up.

#DS 1 Riley. Born about 35weeks 5lb 13oz after a reluctant induction and an 18hr labour he arrived. I had pre eclampsia and first time nerves!! On paper the labour was 10h and then 45 min pushing- in scn for a week NGT fed for 3/4 days (didn't want to suckle at all). I recovered well and vowed never to have any more children..........

12 months later.... preg number 2!

Now I had a fantastic preg with Frazer and loved the big belly that I didn't get with Riley. Feeling rather frustraited and agitated in the last couple of weeks and couldn't shake the feeling that something was not right. Check up at 36w ok- prot incresing and keep an eye on it. 37w high bloodpressure now getting up there. Finally at 38w an internal revealed that I was 3cm dialated. Was told to go home and come back in morning. I went home and finished off my bags.

7am arrived at hospital and had to wait till 8.30 when ob tired to break waters, no such luck. Up the drip and try again soon. 9.30 try again- still no breaking- too add fuel to the fire, baby didn't like being poked , pulled back out of pelvis and went transverse!!!!! The dr looked at me, I looked at her and I think we both cried. She organised a Theatre if needed.2 more Dr's called in and baby pushed and shoved back in to pelvis. Drugs now going at full steam and by 10.30 my waters were broken. Finally!!!

Progressed really well and no hiccups on the way, only had a little gas and just after 2pm Frazer Made his entrance, blue. He had the cord around his  neck twice, around his torso and his left arm ver tight. he was taken and resuses.

This is when I started thinking........ what if my ob hadn't listened to my fears and my instinct? What if I hadn't have asked her to do an internal.? What if, What if What if.

I had a 30sec cuddle and he was taken to scn and in a humidicrib for about 12hrs on 100% oxygen.  by midnight they had him down to 20% and said by morning he would be out.  They were right. He was fine except for a bit of respitory distress.  He weighed in at 8lb 1oz (big difference to 5lb 10oz) He was on a drip for 2 days and NGT fed for about 4/5 days. One of the biggest babies in scn.
So all up it was a 3.5h labour and only 20min of pushing.

We are planning number 3 in the coming months.  And I have one rule......... (My view and opinion)

Mother's intuition and mothers instinct- Follow your heart. Don't be shy/scared to ask/express your fears or concerns. Sure glad I wasn't.

Bek.
Mum, 2 fantastic boys.
Riley Eric:  09/07/2003  5lb 13oz, 49cm @ 4.16pm
Frazer Kyle: 08/03/2005  8lb 1 oz, 52cm @ 2.12pm

#2 WOBGEM

Posted 25 September 2005 - 09:32 AM

Congratulations on the birth of your DS2 (both really)... Great story... All the best with number 3... I've recently (12 weeks ago) had my number 3, and I already want to go back for a 4th... I am very lucky and have good pregnancies and love the labour part - sure it hurts like crap, but I'd do it 100 times over.

Hope your boys are being good to their mummy... All the very best.

M xo

Me 31
DH 37

Ectopic Pg - 10 wks Oct 99
MC - 7 wks Apr 2000
DS - 31.07.2001
DD - 05.12.2002
DD - 01.07.2005

#3 crockerml

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:49 PM

Congratulations,

I know what you are feeling about having another one.  I have four kids at the moment due to have my fifth on the 8th November and not ruling out another child down the track.

Michele
Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and baby girl due on the 8th November

#4 crockerml

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:50 PM

Congratulations,

I know what you are feeling about having another one.  I have four kids at the moment due to have my fifth on the 8th November and not ruling out another child down the track.

Michele
Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and baby girl due on the 8th November

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.