What did you wear to give birth?!
What did you wear to give birth?!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 roni29

Posted 15 October 2005 - 08:44 PM

My old Whitlams 'Eternal Nightcap' tour t-shirt and about half a dozen undies - not all at once though lol! I hopped in and out of the bath a few times but pulled my t-shirt and a fresh pair of knickers on each time. Only had one internal just before pushing, so the undies stayed on till then (I was just more comfortable that way). When DD was born, just lifted the t-shirt up and she was placed on my chest straight away original.gif And the t-shirt made it through labour fine, I didn't throw up, and while I lost over 3 litres of blood in the aftermath, none of it made it onto the top wink.gif

Veronica

#27 incywincy81

Posted 16 October 2005 - 03:50 PM

I went in wearing a pair of navy blue trackie pants and a black longsleeved top... Don't know why seeings it was the middle of summer.

During labour, I lost the pants...of course but the long sleeved top and socks stayed on. When I had finished given birth and my son was all wrapped up in his wheelie bed, I looked down at my top and it looked like I had been attacked by snails.

#28 Wishful

Posted 27 October 2005 - 02:34 PM

I was wearing a long button down pyjama shirt, but they told me to take it off before they gave me an epidural as they couldn't get to my back easily.  So I wore a hospital gown.  But I don't think I would've cared what I was wearing when in labour.

#29 Jacarandah

Posted 06 November 2005 - 01:13 PM

I used the shower and bath so I was naked for the birth. After DD was born I was in a hospital gown. I found that once you're in labour you don't really care about what you're in as you're too focused on the contractions.

Chriss
Me 34 DH 38
DD 10th May 2004
http://www.snugglepie.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=51592

No 2 due March 2006

#30 VJs Mummy

Posted 06 November 2005 - 05:53 PM

I wore Jays jim beam shirt i honestly think i was in to much pain to even notice whether i had of been nude or not lol

Me: 22
DS: Van-Jordan 28/10/05
Jay:25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.