2 Embies tx/Twin Stats Please

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 anonebber

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:32 PM

Just wanted to hear from girls out there who conceived on IVF cycles where they transferred 2 embryos.  

I know this is a very subjective thing, but would like to get an idea of how common it is to conceive twins vs singletons from a cycle where 2 embryos were transferred.

Thanks heaps.

ETA We are completely comfortable with the decision we have made to transfer 2 embryos, and are well aware of all the risks associated with multiple births.  This question is purely out of curiosity.

Edited by grub11, 25 August 2006 - 02:48 PM.

#2 Simi61

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:59 PM

Amy,

We transfers two embies for all of our 7 transfers.

As you can see from my sig we got:
* numerous chemical-pregnacies
* 1 ectopic (single pregnancy)
* 1 bub (a Boy!!!) from our last transfer.
(My HCG numbers were absolutely huge in the beginning, followed by lots of bleeding, so they think I 'may' have lost a second bub, but it was too early to tell anything definitive.)

Like you, we discussed our options extensively and knew the risks associated with a multiple PG, but were always comfortable with our decision to transfer 2 little possibilities.

Love Simi

#3 sweetart

Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:12 PM

I have ALWAYS transferred 2 embies - in every transfer.

IVF #1 - DS
FET - Neg
IVF #2 - Neg
FET - Neg
FET - Neg
FET - DS
IVF #3 - 7 wks preg Twins  ohmy.gif   biggrin.gif

#4 Lifesgood

Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:41 PM

Transferred 2 frozen embryos - 1 baby girl.

PS. One of the embryos looked distinctly better than the other on thaw.

#5 legally blonde

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:51 AM

Where we had two to transfer, we have always transferred two.

We have a 17 month old little girl, from two transferred.

I've just transferred another two and am in the 2ww.

Ellbee

#6 anonebber

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:36 AM

Wow!! Thanks for all your replies!  Keep them coming.

Congratulations to all of your who have made it!!  Ellbee - all the best for your 2WW.

#7 white2sugars

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:59 AM

Where possible I always transferred 2 embryos -

last cycle I transferred 2 embryos (8-cells/ICSI) and have a 5-mth baby girl ...  biggrin.gif  

Where possible I always transferred 2 embryos -

last cycle I transferred 2 embryos (8-cells/ICSI) and have a 5-mth baby girl ...  biggrin.gif  

I was the same as Simi (except my beta wasn't WAY high) - and was told this too ...

lots of bleeding, so they think I 'may' have lost a second bub, but it was too early to tell anything definitive.

#8 diva

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:20 AM

Hi there,

2 x 5 day blasts transferred ( 1x Gr1 and 1 x Gr2).  Beta was 615 at 16DPO.  Also suspect "vanishing twin syndrome" (although no bleeding in my case).  Gave birth to a singleton boy.

Best of luck.

#9 ~Levity~

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:41 PM

Hi, we were very lucky first go (ICSI) with two 3-day embies - and got our twin sons.
My clinic originally quoted me odds of ~40% chance of a pregnancy, then ~13% chance of multiples - after transferring two good quality embies, so not huge odds of multiples.
Good luck!

#10 Jubilant

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:12 AM

2 x 3 day old embies on a fresh transfer.  One was compacting and the other was 8 cells.  We now have one 6 month old boy!

#11 shangobunni

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:53 AM

We always transfer 2 embies

IVF#1 single pg (m/c)
IVF#2 BFN
FET#1 single pg (DS)
IVF#3 single pg (currently 8 wks pg)

#12 catnat

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:57 AM

1 ICSI cycle, day 3 transfer of the only 2 'surviving' embryos

These turned into our twin boys.

#13 Megs71

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:03 AM

We transferred 4 on an FET and we now have (very active & independent) 22mth old b/g twins.  My beta at 15dpFET was 398.

#14 anzacgirl

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:46 AM

Transferred two thawed embies, they were frozen at 2 and 4 cells, and transferred at 6 and 8 cells. Beta was 666 ( yes you read that right ) on 16 dpo.

Have a very cheeky naughty devilish boy.

We will only be transferring one embie ( if we are lucky enough ) on our next cycle though.

#15 *kea*

Posted 26 August 2006 - 06:12 PM

We transferred two high quality embryos -- one of them is now my 8 month old DS  biggrin.gif

HCG was 537 on 16DPO.  I've always wondered if there was a vanishing twin there but I didn't have any bleeding.  Guess I'll never know!

#16 Cinzia

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:59 AM

Transferred 2 high grade embryos and we now have a 16mth old Son.

DG - I always smile when I see your stats!! Love it.

#17 ~*Roachie*~

Posted 27 August 2006 - 09:05 AM

I Have also transferred two embies

IVF#1 - BFN
FET - M/C early so don't know
IVF#2 - My Darling Dominic~

Best of luck...

I'm secretly hoping for twins next time...shhh don't tell!

#18 Aqua75

Posted 27 August 2006 - 05:25 PM

We transferred two 3 day embies, the thawing process meant one was a fragmented 5 cells and the other was I think 11 cells but had gone from round to footy shaped after the freezing process. Not sure which one became our gorgeous DS...

#19 Magic

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:22 PM

16 IVFs = 1 x 1 transferred, 1 x 3 transferred the rest all 2 transferred.  DD and losses from IVF were singleton pregnancies. HTH

#20 kaboo

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:29 PM

We transferred one 4 cell embryo on a fresh cycle with a BFN. Then our FET was two embryos frozen at 4 cell. One embryo was at 6-8 cells and the other at 4 cells - this resulted in a singleton pg and our 22 mth old.

#21 anonebber

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:10 AM

Please keep these coming.  I'm loving it!!!

Also - I got a BFP biggrin.gif  on Father's Day, am heading in for beta tommorrow - very curious to see what the hCG level is biggrin.gif

Edited by grub11, 04 September 2006 - 11:24 AM.

#22 Jahbee

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:21 PM

Congrats on your ++++ Grub.
I'll sticky this post for awhile as i am sure others will be interested in the stats as well.

We transferred 2 every cycle (6 stim & 1 Fet and have a 3.10 yr old daughter and my son (from our only Fet cycle) has just turned one.

#23 treedestiny

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:59 PM

We transferred 2 fresh embies from donor cycle (egg donor) which resulted in our one beautiful son - also had bleeding early in the pregnancy which could have been the vanishing embie.  

Silvia

#24 Baby~amore`

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:05 PM

IVF #1 we transferred two 2 day embryos
FET #1 we transferred two 2 day embryos
IVF # 2 we transferred two day 6 blasts (Clinic didn't do transfers on Sunday) - result our fraternal twin sons now 10 weeks old

Edited by Baby~amore`, 13 September 2006 - 10:08 PM.

#25 twicelucky

Posted 29 September 2006 - 07:53 PM

hi , 1x7, 1x8 cell singleton boy
1x7, 1x6 cell singleton boy
2x8 cell twins due may 18

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.