New thread time

Kim

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=262402

#2 ~*danielle*~

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:08 AM

#3 Kay1

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:20 AM

BRONZE!!!

Cass - yes actually we have seemed to overcome the 5am starts. I started giving him a bottle (in the dark) and putting him straight back to sleep. I only had to do it a couple of times and for a few blissful days he slept til 7am or even 7.30am! But that was when he was going to bed later. I've had to start putting him down earlier again as I think the late bedtime was causing problems during the day. So we seem to be creeping back a bit but still 6am which is a whole lot better than 5! I tried mixing formula with milk but he didn't seem to like it much. He was hardly having any of his evening bottle anyway so the other night I just gave him milk and made it really warm and he drank it all. Sounds like things are improving for you! Pity about DH waking you up though! Why are men to helpless. My DH will never take the initiative to take something, just suffers in less than silence until I tell him to!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAT!!!
Kelly I hope your gorgeous little munchkin has a beautiful day and is spoilt rotten!

#4 ~LisaJ~

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:26 AM

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH, stoopid puter!

#5 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:01 AM

I knew the thread was going to get locked just after I posted that!!

so here it is again!!  blush.gif  blush.gif ROFL

Hannah Walking

Cass/Lisa - it depends on who your insurance is with - some cover accidental breakage, some don't.  But if it is going to save you a couple of thousand dollars, it is worth maybe checking!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAT!!!

Gotta go get stinky ready for a trip to the park!! original.gif

(EW - I am being fed soggy bits of cardboard!!)

#6 ~Lynny~

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:19 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAT!!!  and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DAMIAN!!!

Cass was it? With Moo milk - initially I gave Damian about 100mls formula with 100mls milk - a week later I gave him 50mls formula with 100mls milk and the week after that he got sick (bad flu) so for that week only I put him on nothing but formula so he could get the extra nutrients as he wasnt eating that well either.. but as soon as he got better I just threw him straight onto 100% milk and he gobbled it down.

Sharon - lol @ Hannah going "aahhh" - too funny! Tounge1.gif  and yay on the video clip - its gorgeous.. even DP said "aawww too cute!" when I showed it to him

I have to go and do cleaning! DP had to go into work this morning so I was a good girl and got up at 5 to wake him up (his alarm didnt go off) then I made him some lunch and a coffee before scooting off back into bed and I only just woke up!! LOL  tongue.gif  blush.gif

be back later so try not to yack too much - its too hard to keep up! LOL

Edited by Mum2Damian, 31 August 2006 - 10:23 AM.

#7 sotetno

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:33 AM

Not much time to reply here as I'm up at the inlaws place.  FIL is home from hospital having been told he has a blockage in his bowel and there is nothing they can do about it, so it's just time to die (before anyone gets too upset its probably a few months before he dies, not days, so save the sympathy for when he does go, we are celebrating life at the moment.)  Anyway the point I'm making is I should be celebrating not reading and replying to EB. original.gif  blush.gif  

Karen - where are your figures for milk fats from because I'm 98% certain full fat milk has only 4g fat per 100mL, not 9 as you stated.  Don't mind being correct but just wanted to check.  I thought full fat milk was 4g, low fat was 2g and no fat was 0.2g??

Immunisations - My point of view with the rubella one is that immunisation for it is very variable for how long it lasts, so I would be furious if I was nice enough to get my immunisations but they ran out (because my immune system takes  to them less IYKWIM) and then I caught rubella from you or your child and my unborn child was deformed because of it.  I've then done the right thing, but had my child damaged because of your unwillingness.  That's my take on the risk point of view (I understand others risk thing about their own child getting the disease from the vaccination but don't agree) original.gif  We can all be adults and agree to disagree though original.gif

Jac - on your list of politics, religion and immunisation for not talking about I'd put circumcision too Tounge1.gif

#8 ~crackajac~

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:14 AM

I never said I wasn't going to get my daughter vaccinated she will be completely vaccinated by the time she goes to school, and my reasons for delaying etc are not due to her getting the disease from the vaccines it was for other reasons. I think if you know that vaccines do not work on you then it is your responsibility to make sure that you are completely covered prior to trying to conceive (yes I know accidents happen). So getting angry at others because they don't immunise or have not as yet (what about for the first 12 months of the baby's life they aren't vaccinated against rubella then)and you catch the disease is unfair considering you should be aware of your own status and take appropriate measures.....  To sero-convert for Hep B I had to have 2 full courses and and a booster.  I also had a blood test prior to TTC to check out my status...  Also the effectiveness of the vaccines are not 100% so even if you did vaccinate then you can still get the disease just a lesser form of it. Agree to disagree.

Have to go, the next door naighbour has just started pelting out his drums and woken Katie up. mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

#9 mhjemma

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:15 AM

Oooh, a contraversial topic  happy.gif Before I begin, let me restate Mel's line:
We can all be adults and agree to disagree

I agree with Mel's example completely. I have researched a fair bit about immunisations and I have made the choice to get all of Cai's done (except for the Hep B at birth). It is my understanding that to keep a lot of these diseases at bay, most people need to be immunised against them. This gives those that are unable to be immunised (because of allergies etc.) a better chance of never having to contract them. It is because of immunisations that small pox is almost unheard of in today's society.

When I was pregnant, I visited a friend in QLD. The day before I went, she rang to tell me that her son had contracted rubella. She naturally thought that I would have to cancel my trip, but luckily I knew that I my rubella immunity was strong (had it tested at the start of the pregnancy). I still kept my distance from him until he was no longer contagious. The point of this story is that if I had visited with them 2 days earlier, he would have been contagious, and no-one knew that he had it at that stage. If I hadn't been immunised I could have caught it and Caius may not be the perfect little boy that he is today.

That's my point of view  biggrin.gif

HaPpY BiRtHdAy KaTaRiNa

and Happy Birthday Damian   Good to hear from you again Suzi.

Mel - I will give you sympathy now, and later. It is a great thing to celebrate life before it is too late.  biggrin.gif

Belle - I LOVE Nori rolls so yes please  smile1.gif

Cass - I'm one of the lurkers!! I never log out, so I never get around to changing my status  tongue.gif

BEK - and Danielle, Sharon and Judy... I have sent you an email about Saturday. If you don't read it, I wondered what you all thought about coming to my house on Saturday for a relaxed, home cooked lunch? My place is easy to get to by train or car. Let me know what you think  smile1.gif

A huge HELLO to everyone. I have given up trying to catch up. I will do what I can. Love you all  biggrin.gif

Mardi

Edited by mhjemma, 31 August 2006 - 11:18 AM.

#10 2boysmummy

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:16 AM

Mel, I stand corrected. Whoops, it is actually between 3.6g - 4g. blush.gif

Karina, With Matty's cough I was actually thinking it sounded like the dry asthma cough. Gee I hope it isn't though. sad.gif  He did seem alot better last night??? unsure.gif  

Cass, Hope you read about the full cream milk is only about 4g fat. Sorry. huh.gif  Matty's cough seemed a lot better last night. I did use the humidifier again too. wink.gif How was your night??

Judy, Hope you are all well soon.

I'd put circumcision too
LOL and YES!!!

I am going to do some work today so best be off. Talk later smile1.gif

#11 butterflies

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:31 AM

HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY KAT!!! I hope you get your wish and turn into a mermaid!!!

Karen - glad to hear matty's cough was better last night!!!  Did you get your works done?

Mel - I hope your FIL spends the rest of his days surrounded by love and family close by, he will be in my thoughts.

I can't remember what was in the last thread and who I wanted to reply to!

oh that's right

Cass - re the CP vaccine, I don't want to have it before falling pg at all, I am a bit scared that something may go wrong but then again CP could be worse when pg???

#12 sotetno

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:36 AM

Sorry Jac that wasn't particularly at you so hope you are not too offended!!  And actually I do know that rubella vaccine doesn't take as well with me (I belive it is supposed to last about 10 years, but hardly last 5 on me) so I do make sure I have it redone more often than other people, but I doubt most young women in society pre-child bearing would know their status and if their immunity has run out before the recommended 10 year top up.  In fact I doubt most women know they should have a ten year top up.  That's my point.  So maybe it's a better education issue that needs to be addressed.  

Cass - re the dinner thing.  If you do want to take John out instead of cooking at home, you can always leave Lorcan with me and then go out somewhere in the city or Leichhardt or something and then stay at our place overnight. Offer is genuine original.gif

#13 Curlzzz

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:47 AM

September 2005 Mums & Bubs

Lynny - Lynette
Sydney Hills district NSW

Damian
7/8/05

Crackajac - Jac
Newcastle NSW

Katie
23/8/05

Lee27 - Leanne
Parkinson QLD

Brock
25/8/05

Bekbeks - Rebekah
Mildura VIC

Fraser
26/8/05

Hannahmania - Sharon
Melbourne VIC

Hannah
28/8/05

Ryans mum - Lisa
Perth WA

Ryan
5/9/05

Happyhearts - Bronwyn
Narangba QLD

Caleb
6/9/05

MirandaW - Miranda
Wollongong NSW

Charlotte
7/9/05

Kirsten G - Kirsten
Bathurst NSW

Rosalie
7/9/05

BronR Bron
Marrickville NSW

Rory
7/9/05

Butterflies - Karina
Hills District, Sydney NSW

Zahli
8/9/05

~*danielle~* - Danielle
Melbourne VIC

Jasmine
12/9/05

cohenandlani - Rochelle/Shell
Newcastle NSW

Lani
13/9/05

oops twins - Judy
Melbourne VIC

Lily & Hannah
15/9/05

mhjemma - Mardi
Melbourne VIC

Caius
15/9/05

Curlzzz - Kelly
Sunshine Coast QLD

Noah
16/9/05

Domestic Goddess - Tash
Remote WA
Zachary
16/9/05

Enchantress79 - Leesa
Glenbrook NSW

Lilian
17/9/05

sotetno - Melanie
Marrickville, Sydney NSW

Ernie
19/9/05

2boysmummy - Karen
Newcastle NSW

Matthew
20/9/05

Lil'Will - Renee
Canberra ACT

Wil
20/9/05

Cassiopeia
Sydney NSW

Lorcan
20/9/05

Kay1 - Kay
Sydney NSW

Nate
26/9/05

maisy_jane - Kate
Taree NSW

Jake
5/10/05

bellemae - Belle
Byron Bay NSW

Kai
1/10/05

#14 bellemae

Posted 31 August 2006 - 01:27 PM

quiet in here today....guess I should be working.. <_<

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATARINA

HAVE A GREAT DAY YOU GORGEOUS GIRL!!

#15 butterflies

Posted 31 August 2006 - 01:46 PM

Cass - I am sure (correct me if I am wrong) but that rubella shot at 13 (I think i was 15 though) should have made you immune.  when you fell pg and got your load of bloods done if you weren't immune I am sure your doc would have said something!!

#16 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 31 August 2006 - 02:06 PM

This is WAY too funny!!! I have to share (now that I have worked out how to put video up... lol)

(This one has sound, but it is not all that interesting - just Hannah huffing)

Enough already mum!!!

Yes, that is the lens cap.

#17 Suzi's Tribe

Posted 31 August 2006 - 02:14 PM

Hi Ladies,
          Damian says Thank you for your birthday wishes, I will take a few photos on Sat and post them.
DH has been home for the last week due to having an ingrown toenail removed, but will be back at work on Monday. YAY  ph34r.gif It seems that whenever he is at home we spent too much money because "I'm bored, lets go somewhere ...", we are trying to save to get our patio done and he's not helping. <_<
But on the other hand since he's home, he can watch the boys tomorrow while I go get my hair done, getting some foils done .. long overdue, it's been 2 years since I last had some done! happy.gif

Sharon - Cute video of Hannah walking, it's always the way isn't it, they seem to know that you're going to get the camera and stop whatever they are doing. <_<  By the way I loved that cake you made for Hannah, mine always get the number one cake .. so original LOL

Kay - Good to hear that you and Nate enjoyed playgroup. I bet he looked so cute in his fancy dress. I love my playgroup and over the years have been to quite a few, but the one I go to now has been the best. I love my Wednesday morning with the girls, a good cup of tea, a piece of cake and a good chinwag!  

Karina - I hear you on the weight losing before TTC. I was originally going to start in Nov but can't wait that long. CLUCK CLUCK! LOL I still have 3 kgs to lose but think, oh well, I'll only put it back on anyway ..  

Judy - Sorry to hear that you all have the flu, maybe Lily will be lucky enough to not get it. I hope you all get better soon.  biggrin.gif

Lisa -  ohmy.gif on your laptop getting broken.

Lynny - I love your new sig, so cute. Bit jealous of your sleep in though, a sleep in for me is 7am! ohmy.gif

Mel - I hope your FIL enjoys the celebration of the rest of his life. Good on you all for looking at it that way. biggrin.gif

Karen - I hope Matthew's cough gets better soon. I don't like it when my kids are sick .. sad.gif

Mardi - How is your gorgeous little fella going? happy.gif

Cass -  mad.gif Grrr at your DH waking you, I hope you got some more much needed sleep.

Kelly -  biggrin.gif HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATARINA!! biggrin.gif
        I hope your beautiful (BIG 7) girl enjoys her day!!

A big "HI" to all I may have missed.  biggrin.gif

That's it from me, have a good one ladies.

(Edited to fix spelling mistakes)

biggrin.gif Suzzanne

Edited by Suzi's Tribe, 31 August 2006 - 02:20 PM.

#18 Kay1

Posted 31 August 2006 - 02:32 PM

Oh why can't my child ever do the same thing two days running?!!!!!! mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  

Have been trying for over an hour to get an afternoon sleep after leaving MG early and nope, just wants to scream. Even though I know he's tired. LJF:U)$&@*#&@$*(&$*@T^FHGDKFB!!!!! I get so MAD with him and then I feel bad....I would give anything for some sort of routine especially when I'm sore and headachey. Sorry for whinge. May as well go out and do Father's Day shopping then.

#19 bellemae

Posted 31 August 2006 - 02:35 PM

Just got an sms from Matt, Kais really sick and fevery today. Wont let Matt put him down at all, and he keeps drifting off to sleep...poor little thing sounds pretty sick..  unsure.gif   sad.gif

#20 ~Lynny~

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:30 PM

PSML at that clip Sharon! too funny Tounge1.gif

LOL sorry Suz - if it makes u feel any better - its not every day that my little man lets me sleep in so late wink.gif

Kay - hope yr little man calms down and lets you nap soon. Its horrible when you have days like the one youre having sad.gif  Damians been so clingly the last week - I cant leave the room for 2 seconds without having him whinge and squeel - it drives me nuts! lol

hmm better go B&B is on! Its a love hate relationship with that show - I hate to watch all b**chiness on it but hate it even more if I miss out on an episode!  wacko.gif  unsure.gif

#21 PeggyLou

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:43 PM

Heya ladies!
Sorry haven't had a chance to go through the previous thread. I am okay and so is Zachary.... biggrin.gif

He is sleeping fairly well now, we just pop him in his cot, put his aquarium on, give a bottle of water and leave the room.......he winges for a couple of minutes and then he's asleep!!! happy.gif WOO HOO, WOO HOO.....This has even been working for day sleeps too! I hope it lasts!

Thanks to the ladies asking about him (from a couple of threads ago blush.gif ) oh and 'yes' it is a FisherPrice Aquarium and I love it! (sorry another thing from an old thread that I didn't reply to... blush.gif )

I went to a friends house last night and got incredibly drunk......OMG I was so sick this morning and I am never, ever, ever, ever drinking again!! unsure.gif I can not remember the last time I threw up so much!

I am going to have to make it up to my DP as he went back to work today and wasn't too pleased with his lack of sleep.......I couldn't keep my balance, so he had to help me a lot!!! blush.gif  blush.gif

I am not too sure what is going on with the topic of vaccinations   but just have to say that my children have all of theirs done (well Zachary is up to date) and three weeks ago I took Jessica to get the chicken pox vaccine as a friend of ours has children who broke out in the 'pox' a week after we met them...... ohmy.gif  so I rushed out and bought it and got Jess done.......Zachary has my immunities and so far seems fine........my SIL has not vaccinated ANY of her children (dd 5, dd, 3, ds 3 months and dd 3 months) which in my honest opinion is very irresponsible, but each to their own hey?

Okay, I am going to attempt to read the last thread.

Oh

To all the babies and children and adults that have had birthdays! I have been thinking of you all! Sorry for not doing it individually.... blush.gif

Tash

#22 butterflies

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:46 PM

Suzi - I have got alot more than 3kg to loose let me tell you!! LOL!!!

Belle - I hope Kai gets better soon!!!

Cass - the reason for not wanting to have it now is I want to TTC sooner than later  biggrin.gif  I would do it now, but need to loose some weight, I am looking at buying a friends twin pram off her to try and walk more!!!  Oh yeah and not eat as much LOL!!!

well we had an eventful arvo, went to the shops after we picked Paris up from school, AJ was being a right royal pain in the a*se, whinging complaining, then we get home at 5pm was going to give them dinner first but they are so tired and grumpy I thought I would go and have a bath with them all (DH not home yet as usual LOL!!) so we all get in, I get out first then get Zahli out, Paris hops out and she dresses herself, so AJ stays in there until I finish with Zahli, and then I hear 'there's a poo nugget there's a poo nugget' (poo nugget is a charming word for poo that DH kindly taught them) and she is in the middle of doing a poo, by this point I lost it, she is 3 1/2 and should not be pooing in the bath at this age for god sake, so I get her out clean her up, and tell her to go to mummy and daddy's shower and wait there(as we don't use the one in their bathroom) I finish cleaning up the floor as much as I can so Zahli doesn't decide to eat any left over bits ewwww, and I go into our room and she is on our bed, by this point I had TOTALLY lost it and smacked her bum really hard, sad.gif  I can't believe I did this, I hardly ever smack (it takes alot to get one out of me, and I found it never worked with Paris) and she now has a hand print on her bum as she was nuddy, I feel like bursting into tears atm, she cried so hard, yes i am a bad mum, but now I have to go and clean poo off our bed covers  mad.gif

OK slander me now!!

#23 PeggyLou

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:54 PM

sad.gif Ohhhhh Karina! You are NOT a bad mummy........our daughter has turned into a little monster of late and even my DP had enough of her the other night (I had popped to the shops)when I got in, he told me he had smacked her and it had left a print.... ohmy.gif

We all have breaking points and our lovely children seem to know how to get to us hey? wink.gif

BIG hugs TO YOU!!!!!! happy.gif

I hope things are better for you........AND YOU ARE NOT A BAD MUMMY!

Tash

#24 sotetno

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:10 PM

The way I understand the rubella vaccine is that it lasts an "average" of 10 years so some people it last 20-30 years some it doesn't last long on (like me).  But all us previously pregnant ladies would have had our levels checked first thing in pregnancy so no-one here should be unimmunised for it.  

Cass - FIL has been sick for a long while.  He had a heart transplant 12 years ago (or is it 13??) after having cardiomyopathy and has since then been on anti-rejection drugs etc but had learned to live with all that.  He had non-hodgkins lymphoma about 3 years ago, but chemo beat that a while ago.  The  just after Ernie was born he was diagnosed with liver and bowel cancer.  He's been on chemo for that for the last 9 months or so, and it was going well, but all has gone downhill in the last two months or so.  The cancer is now spreading again and has caused a blockage in his bowel.  They won't operate as he's too weak from other problems, they can't put ina  tube to keep the bowel open as the blockage is in the hardest to reach place in the small intestine.  So he's now on a diet of purees and has been old nothing can be done for him.  They've also stopped the chemo.  

Anyway you wanted to know Tounge1.gif

#25 ~Lynny~

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:13 PM

Karina - Just wanted to say that I hope tomorrow goes better for you.  And no youre not a bad mum - sh..t I only have one baby to look after and i already feel like I've lost my marbles permanently.  I take my hat off to those of you who have 3 kids or more to look after!  Hey DP just did a home brew and we're stocked up on loads of wine and liquor - if you feel like coming over one day to get blotto just let me know Tounge1.gif

Rubella - My levels were low when they did bloods for my pregnancy.. but I couldnt get the shots till after I gave birth. I dont see the harm in getting your bubbas vaccinated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.