#1 Lucky Mama

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:52 AM

New thread time

Kim

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=268910

#2 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:57 AM

GOLD

3 - count them - 3 times in a row now!!!

YEEEEEEHAAA!!!

#3 maisy_jane

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:01 AM

Just got to say a special big

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RILEY !!!

and

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POPPY !!!

hope you two had the best birthday ever original.gif love always from your cyber auntie kate and cyber best friend forever Jake!!

Edited by maisy_jane, 18 September 2006 - 10:03 AM.

#4 ~LisaJ~

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:02 AM

Third????

#5 Curlzzz

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:26 AM

September 2005 Mums & Bubs

Lynny - Lynette
Sydney Hills district NSW

Damian
7/8/05

Crackajac - Jac
Newcastle NSW

Katie
23/8/05

Lee27 - Leanne
Parkinson QLD

Brock
25/8/05

Bekbeks - Rebekah
Mildura VIC

Fraser
26/8/05

Hannahmania - Sharon
Melbourne VIC

Hannah
28/8/05

Ryans mum - Lisa
Perth WA

Ryan
5/9/05

Happyhearts - Bronwyn
Narangba QLD

Caleb
6/9/05

MirandaW - Miranda
Wollongong NSW

Charlotte
7/9/05

Kirsten G - Kirsten
Bathurst NSW

Rosalie
7/9/05

BronR – Bron
Marrickville NSW

Rory
7/9/05

Butterflies - Karina
Hills District, Sydney NSW

Zahli
8/9/05

~*danielle~* - Danielle
Melbourne VIC

Jasmine
12/9/05

cohenandlani - Rochelle/Shell
Newcastle NSW

Lani
13/9/05

oops twins - Judy
Melbourne VIC

Lily & Hannah
15/9/05

mhjemma - Mardi
Melbourne VIC

Caius
15/9/05

Curlzzz - Kelly
Sunshine Coast QLD

Noah
16/9/05

Domestic Goddess - Tash
Remote WA
Zachary
16/9/05

Enchantress79 - Leesa
Glenbrook NSW

Lilian
17/9/05

sotetno - Melanie
Marrickville, Sydney NSW

Ernie
19/9/05

2boysmummy - Karen
Newcastle NSW

Matthew
20/9/05

Lil'Will - Renee
Canberra ACT

Wil
20/9/05

Cassiopeia
Sydney NSW

Lorcan
20/9/05

Kay1 - Kay
Sydney NSW

Nate
26/9/05

maisy_jane - Kate
Taree NSW

Jake
5/10/05

bellemae - Belle
Byron Bay NSW

Kai
1/10/05

#6 2boysmummy

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:27 AM

biggrin.gif Does that mean I have the boobie prize??? wacko.gif

Belle, I hear you on the constant chatter. Brendon seems to be worse when I am driving in traffic or just trying to concentrate on work. He is ALWAYS disagreeing with me. wacko.gif  mad.gif LOL

TT, I agree with Belle and Sharon. That they start developing the urge to TT before 2. I am sure they all develop at different times too. But as I said Brendon was fully day trained before 2 years. That is, he wore knickers all the time and told me when he wanted to go. Whether we were at the shops or park or home. But each child is different. Brendon was a breeze and he was ready. But Matty might be totally different and it is up to each child to be ready. Whether that is 2 or 4 or whenever. I will start getting the potty out at 18mths to get Matty used to it. If he gets something in there, well and good but if not doesn't matter either. Also we probably won't start putting knickers on till next summer and he will be 2 then. So he can run around with no pants on. We have tiles too so accidents aren't a problem. tongue.gif

Anyway BBL Matty should be ready for bed. He is playing with his awesome new toys. wink.gif

#7 ~LisaJ~

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:51 AM

Ok, a couple of personals. Hi to everyone else.....

Hi Helli – Gee you have had a rough time recently haven’t you. So sorry to hear about your m/c. Glad Yasmin is such an angel. Happy birthday to her for last week! Hope you can pop in more often and let us know how you are going.

Mardi – I am pretty sure it was Kylie (Fraserky) who gave you the advice on the Lactose Free formula as Niamh had gastro not too long ago. So glad Caius is doing better. Fingers crossed it stays that way!!

Only two more days……….. Sharon & Mardi, I have loaded your mobile numbers into my phone. Anyone else want to put their phone number on MSN??? Hopefully we can catch up on Thursday night. What time are we meeting in the lobby on Friday again Mel?? Was it 9:30am??

Ok, off to get Ryan’s needles done and get this pregnancy confirmed (like I need that after 8 BFPs!!!) and get my referrals.

Have a great day everyone!!
Lisa
x

Oh and Ryan is so close to standing by himself!!!!

#8 ~Lynny~

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:56 AM

Jac – lol I’m not chickening out – just being bombarded with stuff atm.  Got the kids coming over on the w/end too – not sure if its Saturday or Sunday yet..  I wouldn’t wanna miss the meet for the world!

Helli – welcome back miss!! Sorry to hear about the mc and DH’s job – keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes your way from now on..  Yay on Yasmin and all her milestones – sounds like she’s doing great – well done!

Kay – lol at Nate staying little – I hope Damo doesn’t grow anymore than he already has! Either that or I need another bubba asap! LOL Tounge1.gif

Sharon – lol I’m trying my best dammit! Tounge1.gif  I’ll also try and get Damo to show Hannah some walking tips I think you’ll find that one day she’ll just get up and go!  Damo was like that with the crawling – did it once and then not again for another 2 weeks! So of course mummy looked like she was telling fibs!  I didn’t expect him to walk today (figured he would’ve forgotten how to do it) but he is.. yay.. Tounge1.gif

Lisa – wish I could give you some tips on clothes but Im afraid that Sydneys’ weather has been way too unpredictable for that!  One day its sunny the next its pouring down and windy as!

Mel – grr at the hairdresser!  I hate them myself but the one up the road from me is good – I think the most I have paid was $120 but that was for a colour, straightening and cut.. my hair is so damn thick too which doesn’t help.  

Better go – Damo is munching on cd’s again..

BBL

Lynny

#9 Starbuck

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:20 AM

Hi all, well the house is back to normal. Phewww.
Alyssia has behaved quite strangly toward to Grandpa this visit (perhaps she doesn't like him either!) normally any visitor to our house is asked to read books to her at night, even if she barely knows them, but he was never asked.  huh.gif

The children are driving me crazy at the moment. Now that Rosalie is really mobile and into everything, Alyssia is not so keen on her anymore. They keep squabbling over toys etc and Alyssia is constantly crying or yelling at Rosalie to go away.  wacko.gif (Even if the toys Alyssia is playing with are Rosalie's.)

I guess this is what we have to look forward to for the next ?? years until they leave home.

Belle/KarenIt's not just 4 year old boys who drive you crazy with their constant talking and questioning and arguing, it's girls too! Alyssia very rarely stops talking, and she argues all the time.

Lisa Good luck at the doctors!

#10 mhjemma

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:21 AM

Sorry Kylie and Jac. My brain doesn't work. Thank you Kylie for the info. The lactose-free formula has worked wonders. Caius had his first non-liquid poo today (sorry if TMI). Still not solid, but far better than it was.

I am taking him back to the docs this afternoon though because his wee is wrong! I am scared that it might have blood or some kind of gunk in it  sad.gif  Poor little bugger. He woke at 6:30am, had a bottle, then went back to sleep until 10am and he is still yawning! No temperature and he is playing and smiling still, just without his usual energy.

I am a complete mess at the moment. I feel like a hopeless mum. I hate the medical system too. The first appointment I could get today isn't until 6pm. Why is it so hard to see a doctor when you need to?

I am going to go and have a cry in the shower. Sorry to be such a misery guts.

Mardi

#11 butterflies

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:29 AM

Mardi - what do you mean by his wee is wrong??? doe sit have crystal like things in it?? If so I think that has got to do with dehydration?? I could be wrong though, I remember Paris having something like that! and if you think it is urgent to see the docs, ring back and say it is urgent and asked to be squeezed in!! that's what I do, mother's instinct is never wrong!!  YOU ARE NOT A HOPELESS MUM!!!

Lisa I can't seem to get into the msn site and join, but if you want to swap mob numbers pm me!!

OK sorry I have no time or energy to post any more personals, the house is back to normal after the family over yesterday, every enjoyed themselves but I did not sit down nearly all day and I am knackered, and to top it off I come down stairs to an old prawn stench, I asked DH to take the rubbish out last night, but of course he didn't and of course the bag with the prawn shells had a hole in it, so have just finished mopping the floor again after I only did it on saturday.

that's it for now sorry, but I have no energy, plus Alannah is not going back to day care so I have no time to get work done or time for myself!!!

oh woo is me! LOL!!

#12 Starbuck

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:39 AM

Mardi I am no expert, but, if Caius has had diarrheoa (sp?) for a whil and now you are worried about his wee (is it strong smelling, thick looking, cystals?)Has he had many wet nappies?  I think he could be dehydrated, especially if he lacks energy and is lethargic.

Does he still have a soft spot, if so, is is shrunken into his head, are his lips dry or the inside of his mouth?

I wouldn't be waiting, I would personally be taken him to the nearest emergency department. Hope I have not alarmed you. But babies dehydrate really quickly.
Hope he gets better soon.  smile1.gif

#13 2boysmummy

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:53 PM

Alyssia very rarely stops talking, and she argues all the time.
Kirsten, Thanks for making me feel better. I feel like I am the only one with a feral four. This age is so much worse that 2's or 3's. I just hope it improves when they turn 5. He is really driving me bonkers. wacko.gif

Mardi, I agree with Kirsten. If you are worried he might be dehydrated take him to the hospital.  unsure.gif

#14 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:55 PM

Mardi - I was going to say the same as the others - it is most likely an after effect of being unwell.

ROFL - I just had a telemarketer not want to let me hang up the phone - so I handed it to my phone obsessed daughter...  ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif   She laughed at them, then started pressing buttons... then handed it back to me.  tongue.gif  Appaently she did not want to talk to them either.  ohmy.gif  rolleyes.gif  tongue.gif

Gotta try get this rodent to bed. Tounge1.gif

#15 butterflies

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:09 PM

Sorry girls, foul five's are worse, they know EVERYTHING!!! do not stop talking, asking questions every 5 minutes, asking how to spell everything and learn lovely manners from the other foul five's from school!!!

Edited by butterflies, 18 September 2006 - 01:24 PM.

#16 2boysmummy

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:29 PM

Thanks Karina  <_< of shattering any hopes that he will grow out of this. sad.gif  Do they ever get better???

#17 butterflies

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:35 PM

Yes Karen I hear they get better when they leave home, well that's what my mum says!!! biggrin.gif

Just wanted to share a pic of Zahli from yesterday easting her ice cream cake, then better go and get her from bed, she is whinging, the poor pet got her 1st lot of needles today  sad.gif  then another two next week..... just not fair!

I hope this works

#18 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:44 PM

Sydney Forecast...

Wednesday Fine.

City:  Min:   16  Max:   29

Thursday Fine.

City:  Min:   13  Max:   27

Friday Fine. Windy.

City:  Min:   13  Max:   30

Saturday Fine.

City:  Min:   17  Max:   28

Sunday Fine.

City:  Min:   13  Max:   25

#19 -R2-

Posted 18 September 2006 - 02:20 PM

Omigod, so much to say that I can't remember any of it  unsure.gif .  I think placenta-brain has well and truly kicked in here.  Seriously, I'm getting seriously vague!  See, I even used the word seriously twice in one sentence!!!

Helli - welcome back.  It's great to hear from you, but you would have been welcome here with bad news/whinging or not!  Seriously, that's what we're here for.  It sounds like you've had a pretty rough year, but you're on track for a better one this year!

You're all scaring me with TT talk.  I can't believe I'm about to have another baby.  Whose freakin idea was THAT?  I find that lately, as I'm moving about my day I wonder how the HECK I'm going to physically manoeuver about with two babies.  Now I know I'm not the first woman in the world to ever do this, but  blink.gif .  I can't get my head around how I'm going to carry 2 kids to the car/daycare or even just get them from the nursery to the loungeroom?

Omigod, I'm at work and just got busted (pardon the pun) with my hand down my top, scratching my cleavage.  This silly maternity bra with no underwire doesn't lift 'and separate' if you know what I mean  blush.gif

gotta go do some work. mellow.gif

#20 ~Lynny~

Posted 18 September 2006 - 04:39 PM

Mel - got the DVD today and its awesome!! thank you so much for doing it - I'll treasure it forever **insert teary smiley here**

#21 Curlzzz

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:07 PM

Mel ... Oh... My... Gawdddddd... thankyou for the most beautiful surprise with the DVD. I was all choked up.   happy.gif  happy.gif

#22 sotetno

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:40 PM

Kay sad.gif  I did get your DVD back today, so have reposted it.  My post office now knows me and the post guy said as soon as I walked in "oh no not another one returned!"  Stupid people!!

Tash - I posted you another one too.  

Gosh I hope I don't get nay more back in the mail tomorrow  mad.gif

OK to confirm the Zoo.  I'm meeting interstate people at the lobby of their hotel at 9:20am (I want to walk out the door at 9:30 - so don't be late).  We can meet Belle at Circular Quay at 10:00am (ferry leaves at 10:15am)and the rest of the people at the top of the zoo at 10:45am.  

Oh and Sharon - I meant to say two threads ago...I love the poem you posted original.gif  I alos checked the BOM today and saw the forecast for Friday.  Hope the ind is a nice cool one to keep us at a nice walking temperature!

Cass - did you go to teh zoo on the weekend?  If not are you coming on Friday?

Can I have Sydney ladies' mobile numbers if they are coming to the zoo so I can let you know if we're running late.  I got the interstate numbers of the birthday bash site.

#23 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:32 PM

I don't think Hannah wants to go!!!  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

She was just caught unpacking the suitcase!!  <_<  <_<  <_<

#24 ~LisaJ~

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:22 PM

Ha ha Sharon - I know Ryan wants to go as he was helping me pack!! He kept putting random things in the suitcase so will have o double check he hasn't put in any expolsives or things that may label me as a terrorist!!

#25 ~LisaJ~

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:45 PM

I'm back!

Lynny - So I should definitely bring an umbrella then???!! Lucky I packed one! Bring the kids to the meet if you

Mardi - You are NOT a hopeless mum. If you were, you wouldn't be worried about Caius!! My doctor will always fit a sick baby in even if there are no appointments. Usually it takes 3 days to get an appointment (we are obviously very sick in my area!!) Hope they can relieve your stress a bit. Glad the formula worked! I will have to let Kylie know.

On that note, Kylie won't be able to come to the meet. Flights are a bit expensive on short notice and with her DH in a cast she can't really leave him for too long. PLUS, she is ovulating this weekend so in her words has to be in the same state as the sperm!!! I'm sure she won't mind me sharing that with you!!

Sharon –
I just had a telemarketer not want to let me hang up the phone - so I handed it to my phone obsessed daughter...   She laughed at them, then started pressing buttons... then handed it back to me.  Appaently she did not want to talk to them either.
PMSL!!! I should try that next time!! You should see how many phone toys Ryan has and still he puts the cream cheese covered cruskit up to his ear and pretends its a phone!!
BTW, thanks for the weather update!! I will blame you personally if its wrong!!

Karina – Have pm’d you. Cute photo, bet Zahli loved the cake!! Ryan had his needles today too, but they left the MMR out as they said he would probably get the side-effects while we are in Sydney. So going to wait a month and get it with his 18 month needles. Then apparently he will be done until 4yo!! Thank goodness, I hate needles!

Speaking of needles, I have to go and get blood tests done. Don’t remember doing that last time though I’m sure I did. One of the most hated parts of pg is being stuck with a needle!! Ot my referral for my early scan and to OB so all set. Waiting until 7 weeks for the scan so there will be something to see!!

Kay – Thanks for the tip on skirts. I wore this one black skirt pretty much through my whole pg last time and it was so ratty by the end I threw it out!! Now I need to find another! Will have to go shopping when I am in Sydney. You guys have 7 day trading don’t you??

Renee –
This silly maternity bra with no underwire doesn't lift 'and separate' if you know what I mean
PMSL!! Yes, I do know what you mean. On the bra and on the having two kids!! I am sh*tting myself and I have a bigger age difference!

Mel – Got your number in my phone now and will be waiting in the lobby a 9:20am on Friday! Don’t forget though that it is 7:20am Perth time so I may be a bit tired!!

BREAKING NEWS!! RYAN JUST STOOD BY HIMSELF FOR A WHOLE 6 SECONDS!!!! IT WAS SO EXCITING!!!

Ok, back to business…………..

Cass – Can you put child safety catches on the drawers so Lorcan can’t pull them onto himself?? Not sure if you want to drill holes in it though!!

Well I seem to have fit an awful lot of clothes into a small space in the suitcase!! Its probably going to be quite heavy though…..excess luggage fees I guess!! Oh well.

Well we are having a mountain of visitors tonight and tomorrow night as everyone wants to see Ryan before we go!!  Better go and get sorted then.

C ya
Lisa
x

Edited by ryans mum, 18 September 2006 - 07:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.