Sept 05 Parents #169

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
212 replies to this topic

#26 Suzi's Tribe

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:07 PM

Hi Ladies,
         I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

Renee - Great idea for a cake! Cute photos of Will happy.gif LOL at getting busted. tongue.gif

Lynny - Cute video of Damian walking. happy.gif I also get a little sad with every milestone .. but I know that he's not my last so it's not so bad .. ask me again when I have my last bubba sad.gif

Lisa - How did Ryan's needles go today? I also hate needles and it's definitely not one of the things I like when being pregnant!  ohmy.gif  LOL at the extra men's slight.

Mel - That's why I only go to the hairdressers once a year or so.  <_<

Kirsten - Glad to hear that things are getting back to normal  now that the FIL has gone. biggrin.gif

Helli - Hi and welcome back. Sounds like you have had a bit of a rough trot sad.gif .. but at least things are sounding better now for you. Happy Birthday Yasmin for last week! biggrin.gif

Mardi - I hope things went alright for Caius at the Drs this afternoon.

Belle/Karen/Kirsten - I definitely hear you all with the constant talking .. it drives me nuts wacko.gif .. bring on prep next year .. Yay! ph34r.gif

Karina - Cute photo of Zahli, looks like she enjoyed her cake! happy.gif I also agree with the 5 year old, asking questions and the reading .. but let me tell you it gets worse! My 6 year, going on, 15 year old DD thinks she knows all about everything .. then whinges about it, her brothers etc, talks back .. ARGHHH!! I shudder to think what she's like when she IS 15. Noooooooo! wacko.gif  

Cass -
Not saying tooooo much, but I hope to have a little surprise on the day

I'm not going to the meet and even I'm intrigued. ph34r.gif

Well that's enough from me. Hi to anyone I missed. Nite ladies.

biggrin.gif Suzzanne

#27 ~*danielle*~

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:25 PM

Mel - what can I say? thankyou so very VERY much for the wonderful surprise.  It really did come at the right time and I have shed a few tears.  Its so wonderful of you to take the time to put this together for us all.  I have no doubt it will remain special to us all for a very long time to come.  It is still amazing how amazing the internet it in bringing us all together  blush.gif  rolleyes.gif
so THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU

Mardi - darling, your not a hopeless Mum, you know that!  We all understand how we can all have those 'moments' though.  I do hope that Cai is feeling better this evening and tomorrow is another day original.gif

Helli - wow you have been through so much in the past few months.  I am so sorry to hear about your m/c.  Please know that you can always come here to have a whinge or a cry or whatever - thats what makes this group so wonderful as we are all here for each other ((hugs))

Lisa - congrats on Ryan standing up by himself. Its very exciting when they reach a milestone!  Good boy for helping your Mum pack - I hope she doesnt get pulled into one of those little rooms at the airport where the rubber gloves are pulled out  unsure.gif

Sharon - Hannah darling, please let your Mum pack.  It will be a fun trip!!

Zoo - I wanna come to the zoo sad.gif reckon I could blow off the wedding? lol

Renee - you always know how to put a smile on my face. Your posts always make me laugh.  Are you able to come to the meet on Saturday?  How are things going with your parents staying with you? Hows your Dad?  Loved Wil's cake!

Bek - hello? where are you? how are you? hows Fraser? miss you girl!!

Kelly - thinking of you still  ((hugs))

TT'ing - ????  wacko.gif I dont even want to think about it - my girl is going to stay little forever!!

Karen - love that cake of yours.  It really puts mine to shame!  You can come and make Jasmines next year please biggrin.gif

Cass (or any other Sydneysiders) - I will be staying at the Vibe Hotel North Sydney (Alfred Street, Milsons Point) on the Friday night... any help on the best way to get to the centre?  Should I just jump in a taxi? Too far too walk? anyone know?

sorry for all that I have missed.  A BIG BIG HELLO to everyone original.gif

xoxoxoo

back again - I have a question actually.

jasmine still is a little unwell.  A runny nose and still a tiny congested in her chest.  Do I need to hold off getting her 12 month needles?

#28 Kay1

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:25 PM

Most impressed with the rockery work - well done!
Cass Err...yeah well the rockery is more like a loose collection of stones... blush.gif seems the concrete didn't work. Of course if I had to do it know I'd be an expert but its only through trial and error that we learn these things LOL! Oh well, its not like it has to be indestructible...just if anyone sits on it it they'll fall into the flower bed and get a dirty bum LOL!! Well done on your gardening though. I must say I'm getting a bit worried about getting everything done before the party so I'm finding it a bit too stressful to be rewarding but anyway!! It is lovely weather to be out there anyway.

Thanks for the meet update and yes I can be garbage lady. biggrin.gif

Your tv unit sounds great. I am sure that the drawers can be made safe though! You just need something to stop them from coming too far forward, a little block inside the unit that the drawer will catch on IYSWIM?

Mel - Oh phew, well at least I know my dvd is not lost forever! I was starting to worry I'd given you the wrong address or something. Looking forward to getting it.

Oh and thanks for being so organised about the zoo - I love it when someone takes charge!

Lisa - yep we have 7 day trading. I found Witchery the best place for pg clothes as everything is stretchy. I got a black skirt and black dress there which I wore before, during and after being pg! Also great for long tops!! LOL at Kylie needing to be in the same state as the sperm!!  biggrin.gif

Mardi - how is Cai?  I hope he's alright and you are feeling better too - you sounded really worried  sad.gif . You are a brilliant Mum, you know that really don't you?  unsure.gif huge hug to you. I am sure he's fine but you did the right thing getting him to the GP.  Let us know how he is okay?

Okay gotta go and catch up a bit more. Have been v busy today but only got 3 of the million and one things done...and MIL wants me to come round tomorrow as well so that's going to mean no gardening tomorrow either...YAAHHH!!!!

Night,

Kay.

#29 maisy_jane

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:40 PM

Hey there
]Just popping in to let you know that my waters broke at about 3.30am today, Im now getting wopper contractions so thinking it might be time to get my butt to the hospital.

Will let you know when bubs is out.

Cheers
Jess

*Breez*

RILEYS BIRTH STORY

I had been to my midwife on Wednesday and everything looked pretty good, bubbys head was only 2/5 engaged but I had started to have a few niggly pains, which she wasnt too concerned about. We had a bit of a joke about whether I should make my appointment to see her the following week, or would bubby arrive before that because I had Breah at 38 weeks also.

That night, I made DP change around our bedroom etc then went to bed. He left for work on Thursday morning at 2am, and I woke at 3.30am feeling like id wet the bed. lol. I jumped out and sure enough my waters had broken. I phoned DP and he came home then we phoned the midwife, she suggested that we just stay home until contractions were well established. I started getting quite bad pains at about 5am, and they got worse and worse until I finally couldnt bare it any longer and at 9am we left for hospital.

When we got there I was examined and was 5cm dialated so I was really pleased that I was halfway already. I wanted to have Riley in the birth pool so I hoped in there and stayed there until about 11am when I got sick of that and got out. My contractions were very irregular, they would come in bunches then stop for about 7mins. My midwife examined me again when i got out and I was only 6cm, but I was still at that stage certain I was going to go natural. By about midday I had lost it, I was just so tired, and couldnt handle the pain anylonger so asked for an epidural. They got the needle in the wrong way to start with so after buggering around for almost an hour they finally got it all sorted. It was about 1.30pm when the drugs kicked in and I was able to have some relief.
We sat there for the next few hours DP nearly asleep on the chair and me twiddling my fingers eating chocolate. At about 2.30pm the contractions were still not enough to get things moving, so I had the oxytocin drip put in, and at about 3.30pm I was 8cm dialated. We carried on waiting and waiting, and about 4pm she decided to have another look, and to her surprise the head was right there, so she asked me to give a wee push, and he was nearly out, so she quickly got her gloves on and I pushed two more times and he was out, I couldnt have asked for it to be much easier than that, especially since Breahs birth was so hard, and she still wasnt born after 2 hrs of pushing!!!!

He is just so beautiful, I feel in love with him as soon as I saw him and I just dont want to put him down. I had a bit of PND when I had Breah and I never had the bonding feeling I have had with Riley, I just love him more and more each day.
Hes feeding about every 4 hrs during the day which is great, but for the past 2 nights the little rascal has wanted feeding every 2 hrs, so Im totally shattered but things will get easier Im told.

Does anyone feel totally empty now that they are not pregnant anymore??? I have a sick feeling in the botom of my tummy, like ive lost something, its horrible, I keep feeling like I just want to break down and cry or something, Its horrible, I hate feeling like this!!!

Better go now and have a rest before little Mr wakes for his next feed.

Goodluck for any mummys having bubbys today. Take care

Jess.

#30 maisy_jane

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:03 PM

Brettjess birth story for Poppy..

On the advice from the midwives I have been told to camp out the front of the hospital for our next bub.......

Our little girl made her entrance in 50mins,
thats from when I felt a trickle and thought "hmm I think thats my waters" till bub was out.
DH just made it home and we only just got to hospital.....never made it to the 'birthing bed' lol

#31 bellemae

Posted 19 September 2006 - 03:18 AM

Why oh why wont my baby sleep  sad.gif

He has been up and screeming at us since 12.30am...and of course I have to be up at 5.30  unsure.gif   sad.gif

He has been doing this every night for the past few. And to make it worse Matt and I have been having lots of arguments in the middle of the night, basically because neither of us have a clue about what to do with him. He's definately not in pain as when he gets his way he's not crying, if we do anything which is not what he wants then he screems the house down!! Basically he's throwing tantrums in the middle of the night. What he wants is to NOT be in his cot, be in bed with us, feed off and on, hit us, laugh at us, kick us and fidget and roll all over the bed  wacko.gif  He's a nutter!!

I just really don't know how much more of this I can take. I really feel like I'm starting to loose the plot....Starting to think I may not be able to make the zoo or sadly perhaps even the meet if this continues  sad.gif  As Matt will not come to the meet (I've tried VERY hard to convince him) I just don't know whether in this state I can cope with both my nutty kids without him. They behave better with him, and require sooo much energy when you're looking after them alone, energy which I don't think I have.. blink.gif

Stupid 2brm house!! If only we had another room we could put him in, at least then my head wouldn't be thumping so hard!!! I've had headaches for I think the past week, perhaps two, I've lost count...

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh..........I think it's all gone quiet...ahhhh.

Now I'm scared to go back in, in case he's not quite asleep yet and I start him back up again  unsure.gif

Edited by bellemae, 19 September 2006 - 03:24 AM.

#32 maisy_jane

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:19 AM

Hey guys i posted a birthday wish for Riley.. Jess just gave me a then and a now shot of him so you can all see just how BIG hes got!!.. Jess's username was *Breez* just so you all remember wink.gif

Edited by maisy_jane, 19 September 2006 - 07:21 AM.

#33 ~crackajac~

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:42 AM

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY ERNIE

We hope you, Mummy, Daddy and Nick all have a fantastic day today
Biggest cuddles and kisses from Katie
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#34 Kay1

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:05 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RILEY!!
Hi Breez! Riley sure is a big boy now!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERNIE!!
Mel I hope you and your family have a lovely day today. Can't wait to read your trip down memory lane!!

Dan - I am not 100% sure, you'd have to check with the reception but I am pretty sure you could walk to the centre from that hotel. It is not very far (if its the hotel I'm thinking of). Good pick! By the way, when you are asking for directions its probably easier to ask for the Stanton Library - everyone knows where that is but they may not know where the community centre is, although they are together (they are together right Cass?)

Righto - gotta try and get through some housework before I have to go to MIL. Nate is being very clingy so its hard - he's had some shocking teething poos this morning so I think that's it.

BBL,

Kay.

Edited by Kay1, 19 September 2006 - 08:11 AM.

#35 butterflies

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:07 AM

Happy Birthday Ernie!!

#36 Kay1

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:09 AM

Belle - you poor thing! You must be shattered. You have to come to the meet!!  unsure.gif We will all help with the boys and you can collapse in a corner with a drink! Could you leave Tien with Matt at least? Have you thought of trying Tresillian? Might be worth a try....its free and all. You just need a referral from your GP or local Early Childhood Centre.

#37 maisy_jane

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:14 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERNIE!!!!! cyber hugs from Jake..

#38 oops twins

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:19 AM

Happy Birthday Ernie!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!  biggrin.gif

Dan - Sorry I can't help with your question, but I have the same dilemma here.  We are booked in for needles on Friday and the girls are coughing and have blocked noses.  I was just going to ring the doctors tomorrow or Thursday and see what they say.

Belle - You poor thing.  Sounds like Kai is being a very naughty boy for his Mummy and Daddy.  I hope things improve tonight.

Sorry, that is all I can manage.  I have the same lurgi as the girls and I didn't sleep much last night as I was too busy coughing.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Judy

#39 ~LisaJ~

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:00 AM

Morning All

Happy Birthday Ernie!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!
Happy Birthday Riley!! Where have you been Jess??

Cass – Oooh, a surprise!!! Good Luck with Lorcan’s birthday!!

Suzi – Ryan was absolutely fine after his needles, even better than the others!! Only woke up once last night too which is fantastic for him right now!! Might be because he didn’t have the MMR though!

Dan –
Good boy for helping your Mum pack - I hope she doesnt get pulled into one of those little rooms at the airport where the rubber gloves are pulled out
PMSL!!! Oh no, I hope not too!!
Haha, don’t know how well blowing off the wedding will go down!!
Had to postpone Ryan’s needles because he had a cold, but we went yesterday and he still had a runny nose and a bit of congestion in his chest. I go to my GPs for the needles so they have a policy that all children are checked by a doctor before they get their needles. Do you go to your GP for them??

Kay – Yay, 7 day trading!! How sad do I sound?!!! Not sure about Witchery……..haven’t been able to get into their clothes for years, such tiny sizes!! Will have a look though.

Belle – Oh no! I don’t really have any advice for you on Kai’s tantrums. I can’t even control Ryan’s daytime ones!! I soooooooo hope you can come to the zoo and the meet (or just the meet), we can help you. There will be enough of us that we can help each other out I am sure. Hope you can get some rest soon. Just dream of the house you are building with all its bedrooms!

Judy – You must be exhausted with both girls sick. Hope things get better soon

Well I had the WORST nights sleep last night. Went to bed at 8:30 and still only got 5 hours of broken sleep. Woke up at 3am and could not get back to sleep. Now I am exhausted! Luckily Ryan seems to be healthy today which is a rare occurrence for daycare day, s going to drop him off early and try and fit in a nap. Not sure how well that will go as I have a million things to do. Glad we are not leaving too early tomorrow so I can at least get some stuff done then.

Ryan has sent the last two days walking back and forward across the room behind his walker. Now that he has figured out how to turn it around when he hits a wall he won’t sit down!! No more standing unaided though.

Ok, must feed the monster and get him to daycare. Back later
Lisa
x

#40 sotetno

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:06 AM

Happy 1st Birthday Erno!!
One year ago at this time I was just pushing you out.  What a feeling of relief original.gif

Melanie (sotetno), Name: Erno Han, Weight:3.68kg (8lb2oz), Length: 51cm, HC: 35cm, Time: 9:08am

joeyn 19/09/2005, 11:00AM

sotetno 26/09/2005, 04:55 PM
OK am slowly getting organised enough to do some congratulations...more on me to come soon
Karen - So glad Matthew is here for you and hope DS1's croup goes away soon, so you can get some sleep and start to function as a human being again. I'm finding a terrible two and a baby hard work too

Cass - What a littleun he was, but so glad to hear he was out of the incubator so quickly and back home with you now. Love the name Lorcan (I'm assuming it's pronounced with a hard K sound??) and love the mixture of Celtic and Scandinavian

Janine - What a wonderful size bubba you've baked, I'm so excited that he's finally here for you but was obliging enough to wait till after the pantomime was all done

Deb - Bummer the induction didn't run smoothly and you ended up in a C/S but I know you were happy that Deni come out however it ended up.  Hope you recover well and see you back online soon.
Melanie

sotetno 28/09/2005, 04:56 PM
Cass - yep they say there's a growth spurt at around 9 days (+ or - a few days of course 'cause not every baby's average) and Ernie is definitely having his today (feds every hour or so all today) and Lorcan is only a day behind Ernie so I'd say he is probably having the same thing.

Hope for both my sake and yours that tomorrow is a little better and by Friday I'm back to three hourly feeds. I'm living in a complete fog today, don't know which way is up and which is down!!

Melanie

sotetno 30/09/2005, 08:45 PM
See you all in the Parent's Group thread tomorrow  

Good luck for tonight Belle, sounds like this is the real thing!!

I reckon Maisy_Jane has given birth too as we haven't heard from her in two days

That just leave sweetpea (Danielle) to hear from....are you in labour/given birth yet???

Erno has settled down in his feeding too after his growth spurt. In fact last night and today he's only taken 10 minutes to feed and then slept in three hourly lots. I'm getting paranoid about that now, as my firstborn always took 30 minutes to feed at this stage. But he seems happy enough so am I just being silly? Is it just that Nick was premmie, so that's why he took so long to feed and Erno is much more normal???

Melanie

And if anyone cares, my birth story is here.  WOn't post it as it's 6 pages long!

Edited by sotetno, 19 September 2006 - 09:07 AM.

#41 mhjemma

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:19 AM

!! Happy Birthday Ernie !!

I will be back later with a few personals, but I wanted to thank you all for your support and advice yesterday. I really should learn not to post when I am having one of those 'woe is me' moments. Caius was mildly dehydrated, and the doctor wasn't worried, so long as I got some Hydralite into him. Caius is chirpy and bright today, and this morning he had a lovely heavy nappy with no staining  biggrin.gif

Fingers crossed  that this is the end of things to worry about and we can now concentrate on resting up for Thursday and the start of our big adventure.

Time to go and play with my happy little boy  biggrin.gif  I'll be back later to try and catch up.

x Mardi

#42 breez

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:46 AM

rolleyes.gif Hello rolleyes.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL THE SEPTEMBER 2005 BUBS.

I havent been around for ages, I know, very busy, and very slack actually.    Thankyou so much Maisy-Jane for posting Rileys photos, and thankyou everyone who wished him a happy birthday.

I am going to try and keep in contact now.  I have fast internet now, lol, bit behind the times I am, but I get there in the end.

Lisa - I read that your having another bubby. Congratulations to you, and there was somebody else that is nearly due is that right??  Wow how exciting.

Oh man, does anyone else have the urge to be wanting another baby now that your little people have turned one??? I know that I do but no way not yet. hehehe, got my work cut out for me as it is with 2. wacko.gif

Anyways, I will come back later.  Have a nice day everyone, especially  ERNIE, happy birthday to you little man~~~~.

Bye bye for now

Jess.  Ps ok, i just checked my post and its darn boring, I have no idea how to do nice colours etc,  tongue.gif

#43 ~*danielle*~

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:41 AM

Happy Birthday Ernie

Happy Birthday Riley

I hope you all have a wonderful day today original.gif

Belle - oh sweetheart, I am so sorry - I did wonder who the hell posted at 3.18AM!!  Please come to the meet, we will all help you out and yes if possible can you leave Tien with Matt? If that will help anyway.  I wish I could offer some advise but I dont know what to offer.  Maybe seeing Tresillian as has been suggested might be a good idea?
Thinking of you and I hope this all changes for you quickly.

Kay - thanks for the info.  The hotel does look really nice but at the price we are paying ($240) a night it better be bloody good!! We didnt choose the hotel, it was chosen by the groom as thats where everyone is staying.  The wedding is at luna park.
We were also staying at the Medina Grand on the Saturday night (again we didnt choose) but we have organised to stay at a friends apartment in Bondi on Thursday & Saturday nights as they will not be in Sydney for the weekend and it means we will save some money.  Obviously with Chris' job situation right now saving money is important. Okay rambling now...

Cass - I do love walking, even hills are okay but I think I might just give walking 45minutes a miss.  I might just get Chris too drop me off (we have hired a car anyway but he will need it to pick some people up from the airport.  I will check what times they fly in and see if this is possible.  oohhhh might have to check out the cafe you suggested if I have time!

Mel - I will read your birth story later in the day.  I have really enjoyed reading everyones birth stories again as I didnt get to read them properly the first time.

Judy - I hope your feeling better soon.  Let me know what the doctors say about taking the girls for their needles.  Great to see you pop in every now and then when you can.  

Lisa - well I did used to go to my GP for the needles but he has moved and I am yet to find another GP to use (they are useless around here and it took me many try's to find this original GP that I liked)  Might just book in somewhere and ask them what they think.  I think she should be okay but this cold is hanging around a long time.  I was considering taking her to the doctor tomorrow for a checkup anyway (if I can find one)

Lynny - can you post that recipe thingy to make the finger paint again?  

Jess - great to hear from you again.  Glad to hear that your gonna keep in contact now.  YAY for fast internet - not sure how I would cope if I had to go back to dialup

Zoo - well I have just looked at the wedding invite and the wedding doesnt start until 6.30PM!! so maybe I could come to the zoo?  maybe... will have to talk to Chris to see what the plans for the day are.  But it might be a possibility!

okay off too do something productive.  Waiting on a phonecall from my BF who is taking her mother to hospital as we speak and then Jaz & I will go and spend some time with her

#44 ~Lynny~

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:48 AM

Danielle

Finger Paint

1/2 cup of flour
2 cups of water
food coloring

Mix the flour with a little water, stirring out the lumps. When smooth, slowly stir in the rest of the water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture gets thick and shiny. Pour some of the mixture into small containers (yogurt or baby food work well). Stir in the drops of food coloring until the paint is bright and the color you want. Let cool.

#45 Kay1

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:50 AM

Mel what a wonderful birth story! It sounds like the birth I imagine for myself but never got...

#46 ~3boysmummy~

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:11 AM

Happy Birthday Ernie

Happy Birthday Riley

I am so sad. Today is officially the last baby day for Matty. This year has been such a pleasure and it has gone way too fast. sad.gif

We are going to have lunch today at the beach with Katie and Lani. It is beautiful weather so we may as well enjoy it. biggrin.gif

Lynny, Thanks for the paint recipe. I would me much happier letting Matty try finger painting with that when I know he is going to eat it. tongue.gif

Dan, I hope you get a chance to catch up with your BF today.

Jess, Great to see you back tongue.gif Hope you are having a wonderful day. Yes, I am extremely clucky but I am planning to TTC about November/December next year. So I have plenty of lose weight time before then wacko.gif

Mardi, I am soooo glad that Cai is feeling better. Looking forward to meeting up with you on Saturday!!! smile1.gif

Lisa, Hope you have a smooth trip tomorrow. Looking forward to saturday!!  wink.gif

Cass, I am just chucking some snags on the BBQ. That sounds easy to me! unsure.gif

Anyway, better go get ready for the beach. Yippee!!

#47 Starbuck

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:20 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERNIE!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RILEY!!

Belle You poor thing. It must be so hard having to get up and work after horrible nights like you have been having. Bummer too about fighting with Matt in the middle of the night.  sad.gif I hope he starts behaving for you soon.
Please come to the meet, we will all help out with the boys, or leave Tien at home. Why won't Matt come to the meet?

Mardi I am so glad that Caius is feeling better this morning. It is so hard when babies are sick, I never no what to do either and whatever we do as mothers we always feel we should have done it differently or better. Mothers guilt!

Judy
I hope you and the girls are feeling better today and that you get better soon. It must be so hard for you with two sick and you too.

Lisa LOL at Ryan helping you pack. Imagine having to unpack in front of security with them going "Excuse me miss why did you pack this?" holdig up some completely random thing that Ryan has packed.

Dan Looking forward to meeting you this weekend (obviously looking forward to meeting everyone!  biggrin.gif ). Alyssia's invites went out yesterday and some parents at preschool commented om how nice they were. I hope today is not too hard for you visiting your friends sick mum.

Jess Hi, nice to meet you. I am a relative newbie. It will be nice to get to know you and Riley. Gosh, he is a big boy! I hope you have a great day celebrating his birthday.

Cass I hope your party preparations are going well.

Mel The birth announcement you made for Ernie is wonderful. Am off to read you birth story now (providing Rosalie stays asleep!)

Hi to evryone else. Looking forward to meeting you all in 4 days time!!!!!

Yesterday I rearranged the back room (play room - or at least it is meant to be, an awful lot of playing seems to go on in the loungeroom which I kinda want to be kept tidyish wacko.gif )
and put stuff in Alyssia's room that Rosie shouldn't play with. I rearranged Alyssia's room, and I thought it was much better. More spcae to play and the ability to put a little gate up to stop Rosie going in. Alyssia loved it....until bed time when she started crying wanting her bed back the way it was. wacko.gif  So we had to move all he furniture AGAIN!

Rosie has woken up a bit sick today, I think it is just a virus, but I never know and it is so confusing. I don't want to rush to the doctors, but I also don't want her to have some horrible CF chest thing and leave it for so long. I rang her CF nurse who said to watch her for a couple of days and then call her back. Hopefully she won't be too sick to come to Sydney. She is looking forward to meeting all the other babies, we have been watching the baby movie (Thanks again Mel) together and she loves it!

She's awake now, so I'd better go. BBL. biggrin.gif

#48 ~*danielle*~

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:33 AM

is there another way to make jelly rather than using the crystals from the supermarket?  Having said that, is that jelly okay to use?

#49 -R2-

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:44 AM

HI all

Happy Birthday Erno
Happy Birthday Riley  (welcome back Jess - I remember you!)

Mel - I showed the DVD to my DP & mum. They loved it too!

Kay - I agree with you about Witchery for maternity clothes!  I bought heaps of long tops from there last year.

Danielle - be careful asking how it's going with having my parents living with me - I might just tell you  wacko.gif
Basically, I need to let go and accept that I no longer have a peaceful, tidy or quiet sanctum sanctorum, and that I no longer have control of the environment.  Once I get to terms with that, I'm sure things will be fine... mellow.gif

Belle - IKWYM about arguing in the middle of the night over an inconsolable child!  It's so much harder to handle then isn't it!

Kirsten - I hope Rosie has a mild virus and gets better quickly for you!  It must be hard having the CF at the back of your mind constantly.

Karen - I said the same thing this morning (about it being the last day of baby-ness for Wil!)

Mardi - I'm really glad to hear that Caius in on the mend.

Jess -
Oh man, does anyone else have the urge to be wanting another baby now that your little people have turned one???

Ummm - no, not yet.  No hurry... huh.gif  ohmy.gif

I'm out of time and energy for personals.  I hope the rest of you are either well, or at the very least hanging in there!

#50 Curlzzz

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:06 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERNIE!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RILEY!!!

Pics of Kat & Noah's party coming soon...!

Inlaws home tomorrow morning...!!!!!!! WOOHOO...!!! biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.