When did you baby first crawl??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
162 replies to this topic

Poll: Crawling Age (919 member(s) have cast votes)

What age did you baby first crawl??

1. Before 6 Months (142 votes [15.49%])

Percentage of vote: 15.49%

2. 6-7 Months (242 votes [26.39%])

Percentage of vote: 26.39%

3. 7-8 Months (183 votes [19.96%])

Percentage of vote: 19.96%

4. 8-9 Months (147 votes [16.03%])

Percentage of vote: 16.03%

5. 9-10 Months (97 votes [10.58%])

Percentage of vote: 10.58%

6. 10-11 Months (59 votes [6.43%])

Percentage of vote: 6.43%

7. 11-12 Months (24 votes [2.62%])

Percentage of vote: 2.62%

8. Over 12 Months (23 votes [2.51%])

Percentage of vote: 2.51%

Vote

#51 ~~Kys~~

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:33 AM

Ds is 5months and 3weeks and sort of wriggles around knees come under the bum and bum goes up and he shuffles forward cute to see, its sort of like a commando crawl and he gets so determined trying to move around but hes doing a great job atm

I wonder when he will get the proper crawl, but atm the commando crawl is gorgeous  biggrin.gif

#52 Lump-of-Coal

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:20 PM

11 months and 1 week....I thought it was never going to happen. Now all I have to wait for is teeth! laughing2.gif

#53 pinotgrigio

Posted 29 May 2007 - 11:06 AM

It was just before 7 months, not really proper crawling, but not commando crawling either, sort of a cross between the two. He could crawl before he could sit.

#54 renee_nay

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:18 PM

Tahlia started commando crawling at 5 months, and started crawling properly at 7 months....

#55 MissDeb24

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:17 PM

Charlotte started crawling yesterday, shes not quite 8months! I'm so proud of her  wub.gif

#56 mummybek

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:44 PM

My little chickie started to crawl about 3 weeks ago just b4 she was 7months, now shes unstoppable already pulling up on everything & standing wobily for a few seconds alone. original.gif

#57 Doula Amber

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:13 PM

Phoenix started to commando crawl at 4 months, was fast as lightning at getting from one of the house to the other, and at 8 months started the up off the floor 'normal' crawling.

He is also cruising on furniture now; and has been for almost 2 months. Eeek!  ohmy.gif

#58 LittleMissHappy

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:05 PM

Our DS has been commando crawling for about 3 mths & started crawling for the first time yesterday!!!      
cclap.gif  eexcite.gif  ddance.gif  tthumbs.gif

#59 Stepmumand1

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:29 PM

DS started crawling at exactly 9 months. I never thought it would happen. Hes into everything now.

#60 lisa83

Posted 04 July 2007 - 11:41 AM

Commando crawling the last few weeks but decided she would crawl properly right on 9 months.

#61 ~*Sammi*~

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:27 PM

At about 7 months Rhys started to army crawl and a month and a half later he crawled on all fours happy.gif

Now I have to chase him wacko.gif  wink.gif

#62 mummabear

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:55 PM

12 months and still waiting...he can roll though!

#63 mel-jam

Posted 14 July 2007 - 03:35 PM

My DS started crawling at 8 months

#64 Chelbean

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:30 AM

DD started crawling properly at 8mths. She had been rocking since 6 mths and trying to crawl since about 7mths but she could never get the process right!! She would either go backwards and run into a wall or go forwards one and then fall on her belly. Now shes crawling all over the place!!

#65 littlecuties

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:58 PM

I'm so glad I found this. I have been really worried that my daughter couldn't crawl. She will be 11 months next week and she did her first real crawl today. She's been commando crawling for months.

All my other kids crawled at around 7-8 months, so I didn't expect her to crawl so late.

#66 heidistar

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:07 PM

Gee I'm glad i have found this thread.... My DD is 7.5mths & some of the babies in my Feb 07 parents group have started to crawl & i was worried as Nitara hasn't even looked at crawling. She hates tummy time & will roll onto her back (but not back again) & just this month has started sitting unsupported, but still topples over easily LOL

Thanks ladies you have helped me stop worrying about it!

#67 kazstar

Posted 08 September 2007 - 08:54 PM

my daughter chelsea started crawling at aroudn 8 months

but had been attempting to crawl since about 6 months and commonda crawling aswell and finally put it all together a few weeks ago and now cant stop her
its a joy to watch

#68 nadsc

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:43 PM

Commando crawling at 6 months and proper crawling a couple of weeks later. He is now almost 10 months.

#69 antipode

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:44 PM

I would say my DS started to crawl at 6 months (2 weeks ago). He is crawling on one knee and one foot, very funny to watch.

Nina

#70 mummatina

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:58 PM

My son started at 6mths and walked on his first bday, DD just started 2wks ago and she is 9.5mths. Just so long as they crawl before they walk, this helps their development for later in life apparantly.

#71 Jarn77

Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:01 PM

Sorry this is a bit of a vent  blush.gif

It's just so nice to know we're not alone...DS is 10m1w and still not even commando crawling.  He LOVES to sit up (has done since he was 6 mo) and HATES being on his tummy (cries hysterically) so I put it down to that.  When sitting he'll do 360's and loves to pull himself to standing holding my hands.  Has just worked out how to cruise along holding the coffee table but can't actually pull himself up there on his own or let himself down yet - I guess I shouldn't help him do it but he's SO cute and he loves it so much  blush.gif

I get a bit frustrated sometimes, all the other bubs in our mums group are crawling, and it seems EVERYONE I come across feels the need to comment on the fact that he's not crawling yet. My oh so wise cousin (who has perfect children by the way, who both reached all their milestones early and have wonderful language skills  glare.gif ) tells me he "really needs to learn for proper development" and "maybe you should take him to a physio or O.T."  grrr  ph34r.gif

I guess he'll just do it when he's good and ready! He has great skills in other areas, he talks incessantly, points at everything and can clap and wave bye-bye on request (without copying).

#72 *maddierose*

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:44 PM

Commando crawling at 7 mths and proper crawling the day he was 8 months.

#73 Mummy~Mayhem

Posted 14 October 2007 - 07:46 PM

hey, i write all my bub's little milestones down but i dont have nmy info with me at the moment and my stupid brain can't really remember but i think my child started crawling at around 6-7months but was trying to crawl and rolling around from around 5 mths. don't get worried that your child is "slow" to begin certain things. all babies are different. biggrin.gif

#74 Zorro

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:29 PM

DD - 8 months
DS - over 10 months at the moment and still waiting!! original.gif

#75 missfrizzle

Posted 09 November 2007 - 05:48 AM

DS#1 was 3 days before his 1st birthday.
DD about 15 months, she was a bottom scooter from around 11 months. He walked at 15 months, she walked at 16 months. They are both "normal" and never had any developmental problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.