May 06 Parents #56

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
133 replies to this topic

#26 Nephnie

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:05 AM

Hi girls.

No good morning here... mad.gif

Mikayla was up twice last night.  Not much but she wouldn't got to sleep the first time.  Took AGES to get her back to sleep.  SHe'd fall asleep in my arms, then wake up as soon as I put her back in her cot.  Her teeth were just soooo painful for her.

No just that though... DH was really rude to me (Can't remember exactly what her said, but it was rude) and then the power went out so we decided to head to bed.  We only had one torch and he took it to the kitchen while I was moving across the loungeroom and then suddenly turned it off!

Well, I asked him to turn it back on and APPARENTLY I asked him like a QUOTE "Black American Hoe"... Hmmm... EXCUSE ME??? Just because I asked for the light back on so I don't trip over and hurt out daughter!!

He reckons he only turned it off for a second.  But the hell was I supposed to think?  He'd just said he was going to bed!  Of course I would think he wasn't going to to turn it back on!  Why the hell turn it off in the first place was my argument!

So then he went to bed.  Mikayla fell asleep eventually and I then went to bed too.  Mik was up the twice like I said.

This morning I asked DH to apologise to me for being rude to me.  He then attacks me about the way I told him to turn the torch back on.. BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!  It was RIDICULOUS!!  

Oh, Mik was also crying a lot last night. Mainly coz she hadn't cried all day so she was saving it up for the night.  DH had a headache and it annoyed him.  He just wanted to keep giving her food, but seeing as we had had the vomiting episodes last week, I was a little hesitant.  I wanted to fill her up with milk instead.  Not as stressing to her when she vomits.  But then he gets all offended because I don't do what he suggests and thinks I don't value his opinions.. Blah blah blah again... I DID offer her more food after she had more boob,.  I just wanted to offer more boob first.

GEEZ he is annoying me!!  He keeps crapping on about listening to myself, but MY GOD!! LISTEN TO YOURSELF YOU SILLY t*at!!  Personally, all I hear is my concern for Mikayla.  If that makes me seem unreasonable sometimes, I am NOT going to apologise for that.  I WILL NOT apologise for making sure our daughter is safe.  I am far from a over-protective mollycoddling mother that he makes me out to be.

Sorry for the weekly DH vent... I wish he would just acknowledge that his unreasonableness was because he had a headache.  He doesn't need to take it out on us though.  mad.gif

VENT OVER!! I'm over fighting with him right now...

Brooke- OH, you're the youngest in our group!! Hee hee.. NOt a criticism either.  Just an observation.  Erin was the youngest previously.  I'm not changing Mikyala around jsut yet.  She's 8 kilos I think, but my personal opinion is that she wouldn't cope with the impact of a crash front facing.  She also crans her head, but she's quite happy backward facing, so I'm leaving her as long as possible.

Dessert... HMmm... YOU GIRLS ARE NAUGHTY!! All I want now is chocolate!!

Erin- Yeah, Mikayla woke up grumbling/crying.  But by the time I got to her, she had worked herself up to a proper cry so I couldn't jsut put the dummy back in...

Sleeping- Well, I think Mikayla is going through the 6 months growth spurt to top it all off with our marital problems...  <_<  Just what I need right now...  So NOW, Mikayla wakes up around 6am-ish, back to bed 1 1/2 hours later, has a quick hour sleep then is awake until lunchtime.  She has lunch and then goes back to bed.  Wakes up around 2 or 3pm, up until dinner and then goes to bed around 7pm.  Up again at midnight then 4am.

Anyway, I had better get dressed.  The electrical checker person is coming at 8.30am to check the sheds new wiring up.

BBL.
Steph.

#27 hollybeagle1981

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:14 AM

Dani:  Oh, glad to hear there is another bubba like mine!  Although Vienna will go to sleep in her capsule in the pram when we are out and about, but not if I'm holding her.

Beck:  Ditto what Jackie said

Beck - DO a test! Do a test!

Haha, I can lend you one of mine!  I still have about 45, haha.  I haven't bothered using any lately as you have to BD to conceive.. lol.. we've been so tired.   I need some of Dani's mojo. blush.gif

Oh, I'm jealous of you girls going to freestyle now!  Next time maybe?

Kirsty:  Did Kylie PM you her address for Thursday? I've just done a whereis and it said it would take about an hour to get there, but you wouldn't have to drive through the city or anything.  We would love to see you and preston (and clayton, he is welcome too!)  You and Angela are the only Brissie/GC mums who have 2 kids!  Please correct me if I'm wrong anyone.. (oops.. maybe Beck is going to catch up!)

Ok, better go clean the house a little.  Vienna is just lying in front of the TV as I type this.. another bad  mummy moment!

Love Kristi and Vienna

Steph:  I notice when DH and I are tired or stressed we can snap at each other too, and we don't even realise the tone of voice we are using.  So I feel he is being nasty/rude to me and vice versa.  Maybe it's just some of that happening with you guys, especially if Mikayla is teething and not letting you sleep.  That said, Vent away!!  It can get frustrating when you think you're doing the best thing for bubba and it's not appreciated huh?

Chelsey-May:  Vienna has her 2 bottom teeth, Cooper (Erin's bub) has a tooth (or 2 now?) and Joey has a tooth too.  I think that's it!

Edited by hollybeagle1981, 10 November 2006 - 10:20 AM.

#28 ~ZiggyStardust~

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:16 AM

Steph so called DH's  rolleyes.gif  can be real pains sometimes, especially when things are hectic with bubs.  Hope your little one gets a better sleep tonight, and you too.

I think Jack's heading for his six month growth spurt too, whingy lately and teeth moving doesn't help.

Has anyone's little one cut there first tooth yet? and if so, stupid question, but how long does it take to fully come up from there, do you brush them once they are up?  blush.gif  Keep applying bonjela i assume? Everyday i think ones gonna pop up, but it hasn't yet.

Chels

#29 ~Rebekah~

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:19 AM

OMG I'm a complete idiot and so P'd off!!  I can't make it to Freestyle because my car is dead.  When I went to go out last night for dinner my battery was completely flat oops  huh.gif   So DH put the battery on charge while I was out thinking it would work but it didn't.  So looks like a new battery for me.  I can't believe it though because we have only had the car for 6 months  mad.gif   Anyway, cut a very long story short I had to take Luke's ute to my G/F house and it was a very long 15 min drive.  It was pretty funny now looking back at it. original.gif

So sorry, but now I can't come.  Gee I'm glad I didn't shower and get Cooper ready and then realise blush.gif   I have been so silly lately, my memory has faded completely.

Have fun girls  sad.gif

#30 hollybeagle1981

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:20 AM

Hi!  I didn't realise I'd edited above to add about the teeth and Chelsey-May might not read it.. well see above.. lol

Love Kristi and Vienna

#31 ribenaberrie

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:20 AM

OooOOoo! I can see Beck posting. I wonder if she's done a test! biggrin.gif

Kristi - Joey won't sleep in my arms anymore either. Before she loved sleeping in my arms or on my chest. Now she won't do either! She will only sleep in her cot, her swing, the car seat, her rocker, our bed.. ok.. anywhere but in my arms! Tounge1.gif

Chelsey - Joey has cut 2 tooths already. There are not all out yet though. I am curious about when I have to start brushing too, but then she's not on solids yet. She's only had rice cereal once.

Steph - Your DH sounds like he needs a kick up the bum. Hope you day is better today.

#32 strawberry*shortcake

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:21 AM

God we can talk at the moment...

I am so jealous of all you girls who live near each other, I want to come to freestyle too, pity it is at least 12 hours from me... sad.gif

I didn't get much study done yesterday and should get back into it now. Sometimes you just need a break though...haha

Leanne xo

#33 Nephnie

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:25 AM

Hmm, maybe we should go over to MSN...  I think the mods might get annoyed at us for chatting too much...

I'll pop in there now!

Oh, where has the chat function gone???

#34 ribenaberrie

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:27 AM

Oh don't go to MSN and leave me here by myself! I can't use MSN at work. Tounge1.gif

ETA: Just went and had a look, yeh how come theres no chat function? Thats weird...

Edited by ribenaberrie, 10 November 2006 - 10:29 AM.

#35 ~ZiggyStardust~

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:30 AM

Thanks for that Kristi and Jackie am i the only one with a bub with no teeth LOL  tongue.gif

I'm at work too and can't use MSN! I only get to chat at work (No computer at home - pathetic hey!  blush.gif )

Edited by Chelsey-May, 10 November 2006 - 10:31 AM.

#36 Nephnie

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:34 AM

PM me your email address anyone who IS able to get on MSN and I'll add you to my contact list.  Oh, my MSN is Babyscremin... I don't know how to change it...
Steph.

#37 ribenaberrie

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:37 AM

If I don't manage to come online this weekend (becos my DH is a computer hog!) or forget...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECK!!! for Sunday and hope you have a lovely day!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHELSEY!!! for Monday and hope you have a great day as well!

Steph - I have a list of everyones (well the people who gave it to me) MSN details if you want it.

#38 Guest_BrennaBoo_*

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:43 AM

Did I miss something??? Beck do you think you are pregnant?  ohmy.gif

Steph - are you talking about the MSN webpage thingy we have or the MSN I have on my desktop... I am crap with computers and get confused easliy  blush.gif

#39 ~ZiggyStardust~

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:46 AM

THANK YOU !!!

Can't believe it's come up so soon!  Shame it's on a Monday AND I'll be at work, but what can you do about it LOL  tongue.gif   Wonder if DS will get me something for my Birthday through DH, maybe i'll have to give him the hint, my first birthday with Jack, i'll have to keep him away from the cake, he swipes at everything now. Last thing i want is some lovely cake creation full of cream, chocolate etc yum  tongue.gif  all over his face and in his mouth!! LOL

#40 ***jules***

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:57 AM

First of all I just wanted to say:

Steph - hope you are DH are ok now.  Some of the things he comes out with though do make me laugh.  Black american hoe!  Sorry to laugh cos I know it is serious but that just cracked me up. Not as much as the 4 cans of f**k off did though!  Seriously where does he get these one liners from!!  Anyway hope you are ok.

OK - WEIRD!!!!!!!  When I went in to get Ella up thismorning she had a bib on over her grobag.  WHat the!!!????  I have no clue as to why and DH and I both don't remember doing it so one of us must have done it in our sleep.  I am really freaked out!!!!

I am off to visit a girlfriend who is over from Sydney.  She hasn't met Ella yet and I am so excited to see her!  And meet her new man of 3 years that I still haven't met!!!

Then am off to the dr thisarvo to finally get my results back from the heart holter monitor.  I am still getting heart pulpitations so am hoping we can get to the bottom of this.  Will let you know how I go.

#41 ribenaberrie

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:58 AM

Jules - Maybe Ella put the bib on herself ready for brekkie.  ph34r.gif  tongue.gif

#42 ~ZiggyStardust~

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:15 AM

Jules Freaky and Weird !!  I have done things like that before, and it makes you wonder, did they really do that.  Only yesterday at my mothers, i put jack down on his play mat, turned around and he was about a metre away, i thought surely he couldn't do that  ohmy.gif  i said to mum, did you just see that, she said she moved him closer to a toy  rolleyes.gif  wacko.gif  blush.gif  i felt pretty stupid! LOL but stranger things happen oooh  ph34r.gif

Edited by Chelsey-May, 10 November 2006 - 11:16 AM.

#43 Guest_DBear_*

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:21 AM

Beck
Sorry about the car battery. You can always go another time.

Maybe you are pregant!!! ohmy.gif  tongue.gif
Dani

#44 ~MaidenWarrior~

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:21 AM

Jackie - PMSL at your 2 tooths, that is like me one day I said to DH mouses instead of mice. Jackie, honey, they are teeth.  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

Steph - Give your dh a kick in the bum.

Beck - Spewing about your battery. lol about having to drive the ute, hope it isn't a column shift one. they are hard to drive.

Chelsey - not sure about brushing the teeth once they come up. Good question, maybe I'll ask my sister, she is a dental nurse, i'll let you know when i find out. Hunter hasn't got any teeth yet. My nephew didn't get his first tooth til about 10 months.  I keep wondering when Hunter will get one.

If anyone wants to add me to MSN let me know and i'll pm you my addy.

Brooke - Hunter is 10.2kg and I havn't turned him yet, but the car seat says to turn him at 9kg. He also arches his back, and I find it really hard to get him in and out of the seat now. I don't really know what to do, it's so confusing with the new guidelines that have come out.

britt xx

Edited by brittlestar, 10 November 2006 - 01:47 PM.

#45 strawberry*shortcake

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:31 AM

Ok, so I shouldn't even be thinking this, but how do you get MSN and what do I do to chat to you girls???

I would love to chat in real time...and if we are going to get in trouble from the mods in EB then we should do it elsewhere...

I just found out that my contracts lecturer Peter, died last March and I didn't even know. I am shocked and so sad, he was an awesome guy and I can't believe I didn't know about it... sad.gif  <_<

Anyway (we can all say it together now) "back to the study"

Leanne xo

#46 ribenaberrie

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:37 AM

Britt - I thought it didn't sound quite right when I read back on what I wrote, but then I couldn't figure out which was the right one so I thought stuffit.  blush.gif

jellybelly - I have a list from a while back of all the girls on MSN. I have the details of Jodi (jodi22), Jackie (ribenaberrie), Sarah (zachsmummy), Shari (TazzieD), Kylie (smilieK), Britt (brittlestar), Meredith (mers),Angela (Wickazoid),Kristi (hollybeagle1981),Erin (coopersmummy),Steph (Captain Cremin),Parul (Parul). I am happy to send you the details and you can look after the list if you want to.

Leanne - How sad about your lecturer. Sorry to hear about it. MSN, you have to download MSN messenger (from msn.com) and then add everyone from our group or anyone you want using their email address and then you can chat. Now get back to study! Tounge1.gif

Edited by ribenaberrie, 10 November 2006 - 11:37 AM.

#47 Guest_DBear_*

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:37 AM

Britt

I tried to add you to my messenger but it wouldn't allow me, I dont' know why. Very frustrating. It did the same with Steph but then she added me and it worked.

Here is my hotmail account. If anyone wants to add me then I will add you as a reply.IYKWIM

kumacub@hotmail.com

Dani

#48 Nephnie

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:38 AM

Leanne- BACK TO STUDY!!!  You need to sign up for MSN.  If you already have, PM me you email address and I'll add you to my list.

Jules- Yeah, I dunno where the hell DH comes up with his one liners... They are pretty funny though in hindsight.  I do think the six pack of F*ck off was a classic though.

#49 ~ZiggyStardust~

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:38 AM

Jellybelly1 what a bargain with the high chair!

Britt look forward to hearing about the teeth question, looks like jack has some catching up to do - i had him weighed last week, he is 7.49kg and 70cm! Just like his father - lean LOL ! Doesn't take after his mother  blush.gif

#50 Guest_DBear_*

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:39 AM

Leanne
LOL you are as bad as me when it comes to studying. Sorry to hear about your lecturer.

Dani

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.