May 06 Parents #67

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
138 replies to this topic

#126 Guest_DBear_*

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:29 AM

Erin
I wish Oliver would take a leaf out of Cooper's book in the sleep department. Maybe it's more teeth. Who know's. At least she is sleeping a lot. Have fun shopping.

Dani

#127 HairyMaclary

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:31 AM

I wasn't going to post this morning, but I just wanted to say to Jackie that my thoughts and prayers are with you today.  I hope your DH realises how insensitive he was.  Sending big cyber hugs your way!!

BTW...Erin was right.  He was eating peas!

Must go and change my son's stinky, stinky nappy.  Oh the joys of motherhood  wacko.gif

Kath

Edited by Kath14, 30 November 2006 - 08:32 AM.

#128 ~Rebekah~

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:36 AM

Good luck Jackie original.gif

I won't be on here today so I just wanted to wish you all the best, I hope the news is positive for you original.gif  Will be thinking of you!!

#129 Guest_DBear_*

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:40 AM

Jackie
Good luck today. I hope everything goes well with the Ultrasound

Dani

#130 ellacy

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:41 AM

Morning,

OMG I dont even know how much sleep I got last night but it wasnt much. I dont know what is wrong with Ella. Could her tooth still be bothering her? Or maybe the 2nd one is coming cause i know they come pretty close together? She was up and down all night. And then at 3am she decided it was play time and while i was trying to tuck her in she was kicking and laughing - i WAS NOT in the mood at that time of the morning. I think Im going to have to do some CC during the night to get her back on track - wont be fun at 3am in the morning  wacko.gif

Erin - No fair tell Cooper to stop hogging all the sleep and pass some Ellas way. Have fun shopping. Im going to go tonight when DH gets home. That way I wont have to rush.

Dani - Yey for Oliver finally having some solids. He probably likes the fruit cause its sweet and hopefully that will get him use to eating and he'll go onto vegies in no time.

Jackie - Hope it all goes ok today. Thinking of you.

Beck - How'd you go with the storm last night?

Chris - A mothers instinct is stronger then anything. Lucky you pushed the issue and didnt let the paed fob you off. A 9 month wait is ridiculous, hopefully it sorts itself out by then.

Sarah - Yey on Zach's 1st tooth!

Rhiannon - Glad you had a good night.

Better get off the internet and get back to doing DH's invoices. Finally we'll get our 1st bit of money since he started working for himself. So I better get cracking cause i have mothers group this arvo.

#131 **LYN**

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:43 AM

It has really quietened down in here in the last week.  Makes it much easier to keep up original.gif

Music
  It has been really funny listening to all of your posts about favourite music from the past.  Like Dani it has made me feel really old!  Here's one for you ... I saw the Village People in concert when I was about 15 and I was so naive I had no idea they were gay.  I couldn't work out why there were all these men in the audience kissing eachother!  I also saw KC and the Sunshine Band, The radiators, The Anngels, Icehouse (even once when they were still called Flowers!!).  Oh and the best one of all was I went to a ......wait for it..... Bay City Rollers concert when I was 11.  I wore a  tartan scarf and screamed right along with all of the other young girls and my mum wore earplugs.  My best friend and I wrote hundreds and hundreds of lines "Please can we meet the Bay City Rollers" in the hope that it would work.  We had no idea of where to send them though.  Many many years later I heard that they didn't sing live but lip synced.  Who would know?  You couldn't hear a thing over the screaming.  Too funny!  What a blast from the past that is.  Skip forward to today and DH and I love listeing to the 80s channel on the Foxtel digital music.  IIt always makes us laugh.

Max slept a little better last night.  He woke at 10.30pm for a feed and then again at 5.45am then went back down until 7am.  He has just gone down now in his sleeping bag with no fuss so fingers crossed we may have ditched the wrap for good!

I have to go to Kmart today to return something!  Grrrr.  I bought a FP aquarium for Max and the sound doesn't work.  Very annoying. Molly has one of the old style ones and I thought Max would use that but Molly doesn't look like giving it up anytime soon.  She loves her "fishies".

I have just finished putting in my application for part time leave from work for next year online.  It's just a formality because my boss has already OK'd me working Mon, Tues, Wed for all of 2007.  Makes it all feel very real that I have to go back to work on Jan 29th.  I donlt think I;m ready to leave Max but I guess I have to! sad.gif

Jackie  I'm thinking of you today and sending lots of positive vibes your way.

Chris
That is scarey that Josh is stopping breathing for so long.  Thank goodness for the monitor!

Steph
  Drive carefully!

Rhiannon  I have emailed you too.   Yay for Bridget sitting.  maybe she can give Max some lessons on Monday.

Leanne
  welcome back!  How is Max's cyber twin going?

Sarah
  What a good boy Zach is getting a tooth without any fuss.  Max is now addicted to Bonjela and no tooth yet!

Dani  I wonder what is going on with our boys and their waking up!  I hope we get to meet one day.  I think Max and Oliver are very alike and would probably be great friends wink.gif
It's awful when they scream like that.  How are you feeling today?

OK off to try and get some stuff done around the house.  I am feeling pretty lazy today though.

Lyn

#132 humphreybear

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:47 AM

Jackie, good luck today.

Dani, you are not alone in the having trouble with solids camp. Jess is 7 months next week and is not really interested in them. I am holding off trying sweet stuff but think I'll head that way next week. The stop after that is commercial food.

Chris, how scary your instincts were right. Hopefully he will grow out of it quickly.

Hi to everyone else. I only came in to wish Jackie good luck and somehow it became longer.

#133 buddhabubbas

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:53 AM

hi ladies  biggrin.gif i am new to this forum. i have a son  born 26th may and a daugter who is 7. i live in sydneys eastern suburbs. hope to get to know you better.

#134 ~MaidenWarrior~

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:07 AM

Jackie - thinking of you and sending lots of hugs your way.

Buddhabubbas - Welcome to our group, we are a very chatty bunch so just jump on in. original.gif

Chris - I think Dr's should listen to Mother's more instead of thinking we are neurotic or something, there is alot to be said for Mother's instincts, we are the experts on our babies, after all, we are with them basically all the time. Good on you for pushing the issue.

Lyn - lol about you being at the Village People concert with all the men kissing each other, I don't think i knew they were gay either. I never knew that Icehouse were called the Flowers.

Rhiannon - Yay for Bridget sitting. Clever girl.

Hunter is definately getting a tooth, i can feel it sharp and he is playing with it with his tongue. He is not unsettled with it at all, he slept 7 hours last night, wrapped.

The night before last Hunter slept all night unwrapped, but i had to let him fall asleep in his pram, wrapped, and then transferred him to his cot later, unwrapped, but then he slept for 6 hours unwrapped, so i think that is a great start. He is falling asleep by himself of a day with no wrap so i hope it won't take long. it is getting too hot to wrap of a night.

bbl, need to have some breaky

Britt xxx

#135 smiliek

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:23 AM

Good morning lovely ladies,

I'm another who has been MIA - well actually I try to read as much as possible, but too tired to post  blush.gif

Jackie - thinking of you today - BIG hugs!

Thomas is going along so well still, dare I say it but we haven't had any problems at all yet, he seems to be too perfect  blink.gif   No sign of any teeth cutting yet, so I'm sure it will be different story when that happens.

I'm looking into Day Care for him at the moment for next year, just 1 day a week at this stage - does anyone have any suggestions on what to look for and what to ask the Day care centre?

Well must get working  sad.gif

take care everyone
SmilieK

#136 smiliek

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:36 AM

Wow, awesome, thanks Erin, that is soooo helpful, I knew I would get some great ideas from here - thanks again  biggrin.gif

#137 ellacy

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:05 AM

I also looked into childcare as im going back to work 2 days a week as of 30th Jan (scary) anyway i didnt end up needing it cause my mum is having ella but I took a friend who is a child care worker and she looked for the following:

- Check out the area that they put bubs to sleep. Do they have sufficient cots etc

- If you are planning on sending him there for a few years, have a look at the lunch menu and see what sort of food they prepare. You wont need it now but for the future. Apparently some places just feed em up on tinned spag etc

- Find out how many staff per room. As they are still babies there needs to be I think 1 per every 10 kids (youd have to check that one for exact figures but thats roughly it)

- Also ask to meet the people who will be looking after bubs. That way you can get a feel for who they are.

And I second everything Erin said. In regards to observation, they should have a file for each child and you should get updates on their progress.

My friend also agreed with Erin that government run ones are better because they have stricter guidlines etc. And they pay better then private ones due to awards etc but are normally cheaper for the parent. If you are looking at ABC or one like that just be careful.

I should be working... get off Kristie!

#138 ribenaberrie

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:36 AM

Morning or should I say afternoon girls!

Well I have to admit I have only skimmed through the thread but just wanted to update you guys on the scan.

Thanks to all the hugs and well wishes and positive vibes, it must have worked?! original.gif

The scan showed a sac measuring 6 weeks 3 days with a foetal heartbeat of 123bpm (can anyone tell me if this is normal - it says normal on the results - but I remember Joey's was higher, I THINK.) They also found a subchorionic bleed (not sure what that means) on the right side of the sac and it says it should be followed up with a progress study. I will have to go back and talk to my dr about the results tomorrow but the sonographer said it looks OK and she's not sure why I am bleeding, it could be I lost a twin? I hope not! But I am still very very happy with the results and that everything is OK for now. Fingers crossed it stays this way. original.gif

Thanks again for all your support girls, it meant so much to me! original.gif Especially since last night I went home DH didn't bring it up once and pretended nothing was happening?!  <_<

I am trying not to be overly excited about this, but I think I will have to go figure out my EDD. Tounge1.gif

BBL!

#139 smiliek

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:38 AM

Jackie - Wow, how exciting, positive, healthy vibes being sent your way  biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.