May 06 Parents #67

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
138 replies to this topic

#26 Sarbella

Posted 28 November 2006 - 06:29 PM

wow steph that bag is awesome. if i saw that ina  shop i would so buy it ey...

also are you able to make covers that just have elastic around the legs and top and bottom. i have so many dresses for charlize but they never came with like a matching nappy cover. sad.gif

Edited by Sarbella, 28 November 2006 - 06:29 PM.

#27 ***jules***

Posted 28 November 2006 - 06:31 PM

Hi girls

Thanks for all your kind words.  I know Ella isn't fat and even if she was (like her mum) who cares!!!  Chubby babies are adorable!

Nappies - I would love to see an 11kg baby fit into a Huggies crawler size nappy!  They are so small.  The Babylove ones are so much bigger.  Ella will be in those for ages but I am going to use the Toddler Huggies for night time now I think.

DH has just rang and isn't going to be home until 6.30pm so I have a few more hours of baby chatter and play before bed.  

Toothpaste - the CHN said too much flouride is bad and can cause white spots on the teeth but the low flouride ones are recommended until 6 years of age or something along those lines.  

Steph - yey for Mik!  She'll be crawling in no time at all.

Erin - those Santa pics are gorgeous!  Cooper is very camera friendly!

Was going to do more personals but Ella is getting grumpy at me for not giving her my full attention so better go.

#28 Nephnie

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:01 PM

Leila, I'm not so sure I know what you mean??  The covers I make do have elastic around the legs and top.  It's fold over elastic.    Thanks for the compliment.  If I make enough bags, you can buy them off me!! I won't say no!!

Am making my other SILs present now.  I'm using a fabric painting that I did a couple of years ago. I'm backing it with that stuff you use to protect your table.  I'll post a pic of that too when I've finished.

Better get cracking again!!
Steph.

#29 **LYN**

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:06 PM

I finally took some Christmas pics today and we put up the tree.  You can see some of the pics here
Photobucket doesn't like me today!

Speaking of accidental shoplifting Max stole a toy from a shop a month or so ago.  I gave it to him to hold to see if he liked it (it was a demo one in a fancy toy shop) and then got distracted by Molly.  Max was in the main pram and quite hidden by Molly in the toddler seat and I didn't realise it was there until I had already strapped Molly into her carseat and went to get Max out of the pram.  There was no way I was going back in at that moment.  I felt very bad about it though!  I always planned to call and give them my credit card details to pay for it but now so much time has passed I think I'll chalk it up to experience. ph34r.gif

Off to spend some quality time with DH.  I'll pop back tomorrow with personals (I hope).

Lyn

#30 Nephnie

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:17 PM

Oh... Yeah, I can make those!!  Let me have a go at some when I'm in Perth and I'll post them for you all to have a squizz at.  Well at least I THINK I can make them...

#31 ZachandPaigesMum

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:38 PM

Happy birthday kristy

Happy 6 months alice and jack

Erin – I got my photo back straight away they print them on the spot now. Oh I just love your santa photos they are gorgeous.

Nappies – zach is still in crawler day and night no leaks yet.

Britt – omg your bil sounds like such an immature child.

Dani – sorry to hear about the bad news let us know what the physio says oh and yay for oliver on commando crawling that’s excellent news.

Steph – you are soo talented that bag is beautiful and yay on miky on the move you will know it now lol I am forever chasing zach.

us - i spent today throwing out so many items of clothing we have been keeping just for the sake of it i now have sooo much room in my wadrobes and drawers again time to buy new clothes lol.

well must go am watching dancing with the stars and want kuda to win

#32 wowie

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:40 PM

Hi Girls

Just a quick one from me......

Lulu has been so out of sorts the past few days/nights waking up 5-6 times during the night, she's not hungery cause she settles as soon as DH or I go in and see her, it must be her teeth???? she hasnt got any yet....the bonjela doesnt seem to be doing anything....she also had her shots today and she is very cranky as soon as I put her down she spits it......so DH and I are off to bed soon.

I havent read all the posts but have loved looking at all the pics, the meet up in Bris looked like great fun, loved izzy's pics of her doing push ups, beck - cooper is sitting up so well he looked so cute in the bath, Lyn your blog is gorjez hope max is on the mend, dbear - what a cutie oliver is I loved the series of pics, erin - what a great photo of cooper sitting on santa's knee especially the one where she is laughing..happy 6 months for tomorrow too!
steph - loved the bag your such a cleaver chook, I can sew but just dont fing the time!

Kristie - sounds like a meet in the city would suit both of us...the botanic gardens are always nice????

will try and pop in tomorrow, have a good night all...

#33 ~Rebekah~

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:16 PM

Well I am sitting here writing to you in tears for about the 3rd time tonight.  Talk about emotional.  Don't worry there is nothing wrong it's just that tonight we took Cooper's bandage off his eyebrow because it was starting to get a little stinky from this heat and there was quite a rash appearing under it so I didn't want to risk it getting infected.  Well I have been worried sick about the scar the operation would have left as you can imagine.  But there really isn't much to it at all.  I cannot tell you how relieved I was to see this tiny little line.  It just looks like someone has written on his head with a pencil.  I was so happy that I burst into tears and both Cooper and Luke cracked up at me.  I'm even getting emotional writing about it  sad.gif   Anyway, so really good news here original.gif

Erin- Oh cool I always buy the Sunday Mail so I will make sure I keep a copy original.gif  Those Santa pics are gorgeous.  I can't wait to get Cooper done next week.  I was waiting till his bandage came off.

Wowie- Sorry to hear Luella is having a few rough nights.  Definitely sounds like her teeth.  It really knocks them about doesn't it?  I hope tonight is better for you.

Steph- Great job on that bag you clever little duffer.  I was wondering whether or not you mind if I mention to other EB'ers where I got my wool cover from ??  Just thought I would check first!  I realised that it wasn't lanolised yet so I am soaking it overnight tonight original.gif

Lyn- Those pics in your blog are great original.gif  Max has very similar expressions to Cooper.  It's funny because everytime I see pics of him I can see similarities between them.  I love the one of Molly on the couch with her arms up in the air, what a classic!!

Steph/Dani- YAY on your bubbas crawling.  Hey I wonder how we can post little videos on here because I got some great footage of Cooper doing the caterpillar this afternoon.  I might look into it because it would be so... cool to be able to see all our babies now that they are doing lots more.

Off to make some more sigs before I head to bed original.gif

#34 TazzieD

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:17 PM

Hi girls
I am off to bed early tonight - I am buggered. Working hard!!

Brissie/GC meet - 9 Dec is better for me than this coming weekend. Southbank sounds good but it might be too hot/sunny? Maybe we do what we did the first time around and meet at a cafe so we are out of the sun?

Dani, I'm sorry to read of Oliver's legs. try not to fret too much. There is a Gymboree near you - on Moggill Rd just past the Indooroopilly shopping centre, heading towards fig tree pocket. On the left side of the rd. That might help too?

ok, I'll be back tomorrow, until then off to get some zzzzzz's
Shari

#35 hollybeagle1981

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:35 PM

Hi girls!

Well it looks like I'll have to miss out on the next meet, as I am busy the weekend of the 9/10 December, however I agree with Shari, unless you can find some shade it'd be pretty hot.  Unless it rains again?? heehee.  

But hopefully see Beck and Kylie on Thursday! (now that I'm invited  tongue.gif ).

Have a great night everyone!

Love Kristi and Vienna

#36 ~Rebekah~

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:41 PM

Dani- So sorry hun it wasn't until I read Shari's post that I went back and re-read your post.  I have been skimming tonight because I have been making sigs.  Sorry to hear about Oliver's legs.  I hope you get some answers soon.  On the feeding with a spoon thing I just wanted to let you know that one of the girls in my mother group had the same problem with her little girl.  She is better now but she is almost 1.  She basically had to stick to finger foods because she didn't like to be feed at all, she wanted to do it.  I know it's hard at this age because they're isn't alot of food you can give them like that but I would definitely ask your Paed for some suggestions original.gif  

Shari- Yes shade would definitely be a good idea.  Especially if it's as hot as it has been.  That weekend suits us fine as well original.gif

Kristi- OK, so now you're making me feel really bad  tongue.gif  LOL!!

ETA
Kylie- MMMmmm Freestyle sounds good original.gif

Edited by ~coopersmum~, 28 November 2006 - 09:42 PM.

#37 ~Rebekah~

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:54 PM

LOL Kylie original.gif  Luke has gone to bed and I'm still wide awake so I'm lurking around the boards.

Lucky I did though because I came across a post about me in the Misc thread.  I almost died when I saw the title of the post.

Check it out-

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....5&#entry3588285

PSML original.gif

I think I am still high from all the sugar I had today from that Rocky Road LOL original.gif

#38 ~MaidenWarrior~

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:13 PM

Dani - Great news about Oliver commando crawling. Maybe he has a bit of low muscle tone in his legs, babies with low muscle tone usually catch up, it just takes them longer. Don't worry too much until you get some more info about it all. Oliver is gorgeous, and if he is commando crawling, that is a positive sign.

Sarah - I PMSL at your signature, Zach as Santa, how cute is that, love it!!

Kristie - We shoplifted something from BIG W one day, Dh put this oil stuff for our car in the basket of the pram, and when we finally decided to get a trolley we forgot that it was in there, and when we got to the car we found it, oops, oh well, it wasn't like we did it on purpose.

Beck - lol about you being emotional, Cooper will have a beautiful forehead, the surgeons do such an amazing job these days, esp with internal stitches, the scarring is very minimal.

Anni - I nearly PMSL reading your post about you being drunk and Chad trying to express for you, bloody hell, i have these funny images in my head. Glad you had a good time, sounds like a blast.

Erin - I loved Cooper's Santa photos!! She is a real character.

Kristi - I forgot to tell you thankyou for the sweet note you left on our windscreens the other day. You are so lovely. I told the other girls while you were ordering your lunch that you have the most beautiful posture, you walk like a princess!!

goodnight

Britt xx

#39 ~MaidenWarrior~

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:34 PM

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n268/hu...se/PICT0076.jpg

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n268/hu...se/PICT0015.jpg

here are a couple of pics, Hunter in food area of Dreamworld, and Hunter in the bath with my mum holding him. He loves the bath, it is a bit of a novelty for him, seeing as we don't have one, so he is always getting chucked in the shower with one of us.

goodnight again, I'm up cause we all had a nap together this afternoon, it was so hot here today, it was boiling at Dreamworld the other day.

I went on all the scary rides at Dreamworld, i love the adrenaline rush. I went on The Claw, The Cyclone Rollercoaster, The Vortex, The Giant Drop, The rapid ride, The Nickelodean Rollercoaster that i can't remember the name of, and other things i can't remember.

When i went on the Giant Drop, I thought i was going to have a Cardiac Arrest, i held my breath the whole time, I don't scream on rides, just hold my breath, lol. I was really shaking when i got off it. What a great way to end the day. I really loved Dreamworld, I am glad i got to go, and I got a photo of myself and Hunter with Kenny Koala, I have photos of me when i was 10 with Kenny Koala so i should dig them out to have a look.

okay really i am going now,lol.

Britt xx

#40 *~hotchocolate~*

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:21 PM

Anni-Sounds like you had a good weekend and Tayla was well behaved. LOL at you dairy cow comment. My DH would never even attempt something like that. unsure.gif

Beck- Glad your tupperware party went well.Hope you get the stain out of the carpet. Its okay to get emotional like that. Tears of joy for your precious boy.

Dani- I hope its nothing serious with Olivers legs as well. As the other girls have mentioned im sure the physio will give you lots of exercises to help him get stronger. Izzy use to stand really well but now she just bounces. There is no way i could lean her against a lounge or anything and have her stand. She will just bend at the knees and fall. Yeah for the cammando crawling smile1.gif

Kristi and Vienna- Got your PM but the email didnt go through!

Erin- Yep. Car sales is definately not a job for a family man. Love tha santa photos.

Steph- You are so creative. So Mikayla does the worm now! I guess thats what i call the caterpillar. My nephew saw Izzy doing it and thought she was breakdancing wacko.gif

Britt-Love the photos of Hunter. He looks like a little muscle man in the first one. The claw was my favourite ride when we went to dream world. The tower of terror was closed for maintenance. I dont scream on rides either. I laugh.

Okies. Its about time i went to bed i think. Goonight.

p.s Jellybelly1- Is the bass still going or did your slingshot come out ph34r.gif

#41 Me Plus 3

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:43 AM

Morning Girls

I cant sleep got up to Zack at 3:30 and now i cant sleep mad.gif

I haven’t caught up with the thread so I will only do personals to the last 10 posts  blush.gif

Beck – lol at the thread it took me by surprise

Kylie – glad the music finally stopped

Britt- your BIL sounds like a right d*@k h@#d sorry he spoiled your holiday. Awww the pics of hunter are cute

jeaniebean – what a cute pic of izzy sleeping

US- the wrap has gone YAY its been 4-5 of nights and day sleeps without it im so glad his out of it its just getting to hot for him, he is a little restless without it though but at least his not sweating as much as he was.
Zacks 2nd tooth has come through found it last night ohmy.gif he has been off his solids now for 2 weeks and im starting to worry a little he screams the house down if I try to give him any thing, but yesterday while we were out shopping I had a mushroom & chicken pide and he screamed the shop down until I gave him some he happily sat there and chewed on it then wanted more ohmy.gif wacko.gif can work this boy out some days.

I got my order from vistaprint yesterday, im soooo happy with it, will take some pics to show you (if I remember) I got the slow post and it was here in 7-8 days I couldn’t believe it, when it got delivered. i was that happy with it i ordered another 2 desk calendars  biggrin.gif

Maybe I should try getting another 1hr sleep before the kids wake up

Edited by **BuTTerFly**, 29 November 2006 - 04:44 AM.

#42 Guest_**Slappy**_*

Posted 29 November 2006 - 05:30 AM

Morning Girls,

Kylie you took first post!!  tongue.gif

Dani - its never good to get bad news about your bub... when do you have an appointment? I hope its all ok.

Jean - it sounds stressful to have your DH without a job. Do you think you will move interstate??

Britt - I love the photos, especially the one of Hunter in the highchair wink.gif Lucky you getting to go on all those rides, I love rides too. I always choose the scary ones and then regret it when I am on there wink.gif

Beck - LOL at you having your own thread!

Bridget was a bit better last night sleeping. She had a feed at 10pm then a quick wake up at 4am for some bonjela then back to sleep until 5.45am. Not too bad!
We are going to have a quiet day at home today. I have no idea whether its going to be hot again in Sydney today?? We never got any rain like I was expecting last night, just a cool breeze went through which was wonderful!

OH! I posted my SS parcel yesterday so I hope my SS gets it soon! I so need to spend an entire day doing xmas shopping very soon. Im thinking Monday next week, I still have so many presents to get. I cant make up my mind whether to go back to the Macquarie Centre or try the Miranda Westfield...

Anyway breakfast time! I will probably be around a lot today since I am going to be home all day!!

Edited by **Slappy**, 29 November 2006 - 05:30 AM.

#43 ~Rebekah~

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:13 AM

Morning

I really shouldn't be on here as I should be in the shower but I just wanted to pop in and catch up before I leave.  I have Mother Group today but instead of meeting at our usual 10am we are meeting earlier at 8.30am to avoid the heat of the day.  We are having another picnic which should be nice.  It is four of the girls 1st Birthday's within a week of each other so we are celebrating them all today.

Well I put some paw paw cream on Cooper's eye last night and the rash has cleared up perfectly so I am very happy with that.  Did I tell you how relieved I am LOL original.gif

I also have Cooper's 6 month needles this afternoon on the way home so that should be fun NOT!!  Luke normally comes with me but I told him not to worry about it this time because it's only 2 needles and last time Cooper was an angel so I am hoping he will be the same this time.  Nothing a bit of boob won't fix.  

Britt- Love the pics of Hunter.  That one of him at Dreamworld is a classic.  I love all the scary rides at Dreamworld too, so much fun.  My fav's where the Giant Drop and The Tower of Terror.  I absolutely hated the Claw because it made me really sick  wacko.gif

Jean- That pic of Izzy sleeping is just gorgeous original.gif  I love pics of babies sleeping, so peaceful.

Rhiannon- Sorry I just bring myself to call you Slappy LOL!!  It just cracks me up  tongue.gif  Thats a great night with Bridget, gotta be happy with that.

Have a great day everyone original.gif

#44 Guest_**Slappy**_*

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:30 AM

Awww c'mon Beck. Whats wrong with Slappy??  tongue.gif

#45 wca

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:34 AM

Morning!

Glad I made you all chuckle at Chad trying to express me. He also managed to take off the bra I was wearing and put me in my comfy maternity bra. He said it was difficult because "They kept falling out of the bra". LOL!

I am so happy, last night Chad gave Tayla a FF at 6pm, she was in bed by 6:30 without a fuss and woke up happy as larry at 7:30am! Thats the longest stretch of sleep she's ever had! biggrin.gif

BECK> I would have been really emotional too, but yey that it's all cleared up! What a relief! Have a wonderful day with your mums group, sounds like you'll have fun!

AH CRAP, was all set to do personals but Tayla is chucking a tanty because she doesn't have my full attention. She also cracks it if she can't reach something wacko.gif  So I better skidaddle!
Hopefully I'll BBL to do personals happy.gif

Annixx

#46 ZachandPaigesMum

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:36 AM

Brit – I love dreamworld too. My fav ride is wipeout.

just quickly wanted to post a pic of zach from yesterday mourning.

and some xmas clothes i got him

#47 ZachandPaigesMum

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:07 AM

how exciting my ss parcel just arrived along with my free nappies from huggies we got a 24 as one of packs had tabs ripping off

#48 Guest_**Slappy**_*

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:14 AM

Wow Sarah, Zach must have strong little legs to be able to stand like that! Bridget bounces... but cant stand and bear all her weight like that.

Edited by **Slappy**, 29 November 2006 - 08:15 AM.

#49 ellacy

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:26 AM

HAPPY 6 MONTHS COOPER!!

Ella had her needles last night and she was not happy. I think she was more aware of what was going on cause she normally only has a little sook at the end but this time she screamed as soon as the first one went in. Then the second which is the more painful one, her whole head went bright red!!!  But the lovely nurse knew what to do and had some bubbles ready to go. Ella was so distracted by trying to catch the bubbles that she completely forgot she was suppose to be crying.. biggrin.gif  But the poor little thing had a terrible night (no sleep thru like id hoped), her little toothy is right out this morning so she was copping it from every angle. Hopefully now its come out she'll settle down abit.
Oh and I forgot to say yesterday that I bought some rockmelon and cut in little chunks and Ella loved it. She could hold it and feed it to herself and she went thru 3 pieces. Maybe try something like that Dani

Anni - Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend. How funny Chad dressing you, Dean has had to do that a few times, id guess it wouldnt be a nice sight! Yey on Tayla sleeping through. Whens it my turn? sad.gif

Jean - Very cute photo. Hope hubby picks up some work soon.

Britt - I am petrified of rides. But when i went up to QLD I had to go on all of them, I thought Im all the way down in Melb better do this while i get the chance.

Sarah - Love the christmas clothes. Post a pic when you put them on Zach - i bought Ella that very same santa hat.

Beck - I am so relieved that you are relieved. biggrin.gif Its ok to get teary, Im sure even when he's 21 he'll still be your baby boy and you will still get emotional, this is only the start!  biggrin.gif  Good luck for his needles today.

Slappy biggrin.gif  - It cracks me up too!  Glad you had a better night last night.

I have been really stuck for what to get for SS, each time I go to get it Ive had no luck. Today is the day, Im on a mission! I know I know have left it to the last minute but I will definately get it and post it today.

Edited by kristies80, 29 November 2006 - 08:29 AM.

#50 ZachandPaigesMum

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:29 AM

jellybelly - i got the bib from best and less the 1st xmas santa hat from target and the rest from kmart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.