SLS free personal products??? Where?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 WowWowWubbzy

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:32 AM

Anyone know where you can get sls free personal products.

I'm more specifically after, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, possibly baby bath.  Everything really.   ohmy.gif

Or even how to make them would be of great help.

Thanks.

#2 Gin and Tonic

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:42 AM

I use Natural instinct products.  I buy them from regular chemists.  They are not expensive.

I use Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, baby shampoo, baby bath, facial cleanser.

I started with the smaller bottles to see if I liked them and now I have stocked up with large litre bottles which I decant into the smaller ones.  You can often get a free gift with purchase when you buy the big bottles- eg free body wash with shampoo and conditioner, free cleanser with body wash.

#3 RainDancer

Posted 02 December 2006 - 07:34 PM

MooGoo is good, perfect for dry and sensitive skin too! original.gif
http://www.moogoo.com.au

I don't think they do toothpaste though...

#4 WowWowWubbzy

Posted 03 December 2006 - 03:50 PM

Cool thanks guys!!   biggrin.gif

#5 Chantz

Posted 23 December 2006 - 05:13 PM

Neways has no SLS or SLES which is worse.

#6 WowWowWubbzy

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:35 AM

Neways website looks terrible.  

Think Amway or other nasty pressure sellers.

No THANKS!

#7 ~kylie~

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:11 PM

Neways are great - I use heaps of their stuff.

#8 mumofaine

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:16 PM

I agree with Kylie, Neways products are fantastic particularly the baby range. I have never been pressured into buying anything, and when you join as a wholesale buyer there is no need to pressure anyone else. In terms of safety the only other products I know of are miessence which are supposed to be all natural/organic but I have heard they are expensive and can cause sensitive skinned people to have bad reactions.

#9 ~kylie~

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:03 PM

Yep, I tried Miessence, I had a reaction and their shampoo made my hair go yuck.

#10 shazzab

Posted 10 May 2007 - 07:26 PM

I have used neways for years and find them great.  A bit on the expensive side, but I feel very confindent with their products, especially the hair care range.

#11 jo-

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:07 AM

Absolutely Neways has a great range of products that do not contain potentially harmful ingredients - their baby range is great.
Jo

#12 jo-

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:11 PM

I used Miessence as well and had a bad acne reaction and my hair felt yuck.

Edited by jo-, 18 May 2007 - 10:32 AM.

#13 BelnBen

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:11 AM

I use Miessence deodorant everyday and have never had any issues with it. I also use their make-up and again - no issues, so it may work for you. SOme of their stuff is quite well priced.

Second Natural Instincts - well priced. Fairly easy to buy.

Woolworths do a natural toothpaste - Naytura brand - no SLS, but the best one is Red Seal Natural. Be careful as Red Seal make a few different ones but Natural is the only one I believe with no SLS. Usually only find it at health food shops. If you are in Sydney or Melbourne, I know Macro wholefoods stock it.

TriNature also have natural body products too now I think. They were actually one of the first on the market back in the early 1990's and so have stood the test of time, but I think the personal products are relatively new to them. http://www.trinature.com/index.html
If you read this page, you will see that the 'chemical' sounding names are really just natural things (albeit heat treated - therefore molecularly altered), it's often just hard to discern these names from the real menaces. Consequently, I usually won't buy anything that even sounds chemical!

I went to the PBC expo the other day and found a new Avocado based product that is about to be released in Franklins. It is called Avado.

www.avadoorganics.com.

They have shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser, shower gel and just the Avo oil itself - supposed to be very good for you. They make a baby range too and were developed by a mother with a child with excema.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Bel

#14 ~kylie~

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:22 AM

Some of TriNature has SLES so beware. (I own some)

#15 cherub27

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:03 PM

http://www.black-stone.biz/
We use this from a local business here in Launceston, Tasmania
Great stuff

#16 TheAugustGirls

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:40 AM

We use the Natural Instinct stuff in this house - ITS GREAT and EASY TO GET - lots and lots of chemists/health food stores stock it now!!

Bel

#17 brazen

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:50 PM

http://www.soapkitchen.com.au

#18 SMBT

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:31 PM

I to recently started using neways products. I have found the baby wash and moisturiser to work fantastically on both my kids who have excema. there excema is now nearly non existent.
I was never pressured to buy anything, and signed up to get the wholesale prices only because they are sooooooooooo much cheaper that way. I am totally satisfied. I use the toothpaste, mouthwash, bath and shower gel, kids body wash, moisturiser, foundation, and face makeup and oracal vitamins. only took them for three days before getting a lot more energy than i usually have. and the roll on deodorant is great - i thought I would start smelling a little while after putting it on, but I'm not joking it lasts all day long (although obviously not going to the gym) lol.

Edited by SMBT, 03 August 2007 - 08:32 PM.

#19 charlotte22

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:29 PM

Neways products are great:) and not so expensive.

#20 macymoo

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:35 AM

Hello everyone,

I have tried a new range that's made just for kids called Tiny Tribe.  They do a SLS and SLES free range of shampoo, conditioner, bubble bath and a baby hair and body wash also.

We use the bubble bath as my son has really dry and sensitive skin and it smells amazing, I seriously have to have a big smoochy session with him when he gets out of the bath!

I got the bubble bath at my local health food store, the tubes are brightly printed which my son also likes.

Hope this helps anyone else out there concerned with using chemicals on their kids. biggrin.gif  www.tribekids.com.au

Julia

Edited by macymoo, 25 September 2007 - 12:44 PM.

#21 antipode

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:41 PM

Avalon from health stores is great. I like all of their products (shampoos, conditioners, etc.) but particularly their herbal deodorants!

#22 PuntersWife

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:29 PM

Edited by PuntersWife, 14 July 2008 - 08:25 AM.

#23 *Bobcat*

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:06 PM

I use Alchemy shampoo and conditioner and bodywash. The sandalwood one smells beautiful.

Weleda plant gel toothpaste is my favourite. SLS and fluoride free. They also have a salt one which is fine to use when on homeopathics.

#24 petess

Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:53 PM

Hi all,
UNfortunatly neways started the unsubstantiated rumours regarding sls.Although once threatened with legal action retracted the statements. Although  now a lot of mis informed people are running with the idea it is harmful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.