Flexible employment opportunities nationally!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 11 December 2006 - 09:27 AM

The following has been posted on behalf of SPARFACTS:

WOW! Flexible employment opportunities nationally! Get back into work easily. Tell your friends

This will be the break you or your friends have been looking for.  With national employment vacancies, Retail Merchandising with SPARFACTS is a great way to get back to work.  Think:

FLEXIBILITY – Work fits in with your family, varying hours

GET BACK INTO WORK WITH EASE – a great way to start working again, without compromising family time

GREAT BRANDS – Work on some of the premier brands in Australia

GROWING BUSINESS – Be part of a fast growing Australian born company!

GREAT PEOPLE – be part of a national team of 400+ merchandisers

YOUR TERRITORY – Own your zone! Make it work for you

If you or your friends are looking for this kind of fantastic employment opportunity, and you have some retail or merchandising experience, a reliable car and a can do attitude then this is probably the best opportunity you will find.  We are always looking for bright, friendly energetic people to join our amazing team of go-getters, and there are always new vacancies around the country – both metro and regional.

Retail merchandising is about working in retail stores on behalf of our clients.  We go into Kmart, Target, Big W, Myer, David Jones, Coles, Woolies, Priceline, Reject Shop and many more to look after our client’s interests in store.  We do in-stock management, Planogram implementation, product launches, Sales support, POS implementation, presentation maintenance and more.  In fact, we are known for being the team that can do anything out there in retail land.

So if you – or someone you know – is looking for a great opportunity like this, click on the email link below and send a brief email.  Be sure to include in the SUBJECT LINE your name, number and the town or suburb you live in so we can contact you to offer you work!  We will update vacancies regularly, so please send through your CV to the link below, or call Jan Turner on 0434 651 557

Email to, or click on:

recruitmentaust@sparinc.com

#2 white2sugars

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:10 AM

Has anyone applied for this job ??? I would be interested in finding out more - But just wondering if anyone from EBaby knows what this job is like ???

#3 Georgie Boy

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:19 AM

Your best bet would be to email/phone them directly.

Louise

#4 Angcha

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:08 AM

Hi There,

I actually work for this company and it is a FANTASTIC job for a Mum. I do about 15 hrs per week and I pretty much fit that in around the kids school things. So I still have plenty of time to help out in the classroom, go to assemblies etc and am always there for pick up time biggrin.gif

The work can be a little physically tiring as you are on your feet in the stores the whole time. And I guess you have to have enough confidence to tackle the work and approach people as you are pretty much out there on your own.

The pay is not super ... but the job is really flexible so I never need to fork out for OSHcare etc  I have found it a great confidence boost and an excellent re-entry to work.

Good Lck,

Angcha

#5 white2sugars

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:03 PM

thanks for that - interesting stuff - I have emailed them but I havent had any response from this company sad.gif ...  

Angcha: Could you tell me what you actually do in the store - is it making sure the product is on the shelf or is it those people that cook samples and hand it out to customers - If you know what I mean  mellow.gif

#6 Angcha

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:35 PM

Oh no ... no cooking required  Tounge1.gif  Tounge1.gif

You work in stores like Kmart, Target, Myer & Big W. Mostly it is fill and tidy as well as putting up new promotional material and doing stock reporting.  Brands that you may represent include Universal Pictures, Bonne Bell, Face of Australia, Activision and Willow. The work is highly varied, which I really enjoy!

How long ago did you email them? It was weeks between when I applied for my job and when I heard from them. I think the recruiting is pretty much a continual process. It may also depend on whether they have a territory available near you.

Cheers,

Angcha

#7 white2sugars

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:26 PM

sounds like a fun job - I think I emailed them about 2wks ago - I am not in any hurry though - just really wanted to find out how FLEXiBLE they are with hours ...

I appreciate your posts though - I was thinking this was going to be a dodgy job - but it sounds pretty legit !!!

Thanks for your help !

#8 MattsMum

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:44 AM

Just a quick question. Do they provide which stores for you to go to or are you expected to 'drum up' the business yourself?

#9 Angcha

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:33 AM

Nope, not dodgy at all! No selling or anything involved. All the work is delivered to your house ... you just follow the instructions which we be along the lines of "Universal call at Kmart XYZ. Locate Universal module, display stock to planogram. Blah blah blah". You will be allocated a certain amount of time to complete the call, which is usually very generous.  Then you jst fill in the call form on line and hey presto at the end of each month you get paid!

Go for it!

#10 ~MakkaPakka~

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:15 AM

I have emailed them too and have had no reply sad.gif

I have done merchandising work before too (it is great)

Amanda-Jane

#11 Angcha

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:10 AM

They do prefer you to live in the vicinity of your stores (I think). I live about 10 mins from my area and all my stores are in the 1 shopping centre  biggrin.gif

$18.25/hour is the going rate.

Cheers,

Angcha

#12 mum@work

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:29 AM

Can you do it afterhours (e.g. nights), as long as the stores are open?

#13 MattsMum

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:38 AM

Alright have emailed them with my resume. Thanks for the information.

#14 Angcha

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:42 AM

Work cannot be done after hours or on weekends.

#15 white2sugars

Posted 19 January 2007 - 12:11 AM

OH Angcha - your last post puts me out of the running - that is exactly what I wanted After Hours and Weekends sad.gif

Thanks for all your input on this !!!

#16 Shainala

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:31 AM

I just sent an email off.Haven't done a resume for years and years.Hope its OK it was just a quick one!!!! biggrin.gif

#17 *Jen*

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:25 PM

I have also forwarded on my resume.
Thank you  original.gif

#18 Angcha

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:30 AM

Good luck to all who have applied  original.gif

Angcha

#19 Ohnoyoudidnt!

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:32 AM

Hi

Silly question - is it the type of work that you could do with a toddler in a stroller???

#20 Angcha

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:25 PM

Definitely NOT with a toddler in a stroller! You will be out for hours at a time and it would also be against the Health & Safety policies of the stores you work in.

#21 **Kaz**

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:20 PM

I just applied, fingers crossed original.gif

#22 *Goobs*

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:11 PM

Sounds very interesting original.gif but i do have a question

Are you required to deliever the items to the shops from your house or are they delievered to the shops and you just get them from out the back dock ? and then set them up.

Also do you need to keep going back and refilling ?

Thanks
Leonie

#23 Jessie01

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:27 PM

Hi, just letting you know that one of my relies does this work.

She started off doing a couple of days a week, and from word of mouth and enjoying the work, she is now doing 4 days a week.

Most of the stock is at the store.  But some of the stuff for displays, or special things that need to be attached to existing stock in the store are sent to your house.

Depending on the store that you are working in and what they have asked you to do there may be some refilling involved.

Edited by Jessie01, 23 January 2007 - 10:29 PM.

#24 Snagglepussed

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:15 AM

I applied, got a call the next day, have to set up face to face int. with state mgr on Monday! Yikes!

It sounds PERFECT!!!!! Thinking caps on for me!

Kim

#25 Prizzy

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:23 AM

K, that's fantastic darling!  biggrin.gif
Congratulations (you don't need good luck) - you'll be in like Flynn.

Let me know how it pans out would you? The Princessa starts school next year and I may not be able to do the 9-5 grind anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.