Flexible employment opportunities nationally!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

#26 Angcha

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:55 PM

So, did anyone hear anything yet?

Angcha

#27 *Goobs*

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:32 AM

Kim How did your interview go ??

I am still tossing up if i should apply or not  unsure.gif

Leonie

#28 **Kaz**

Posted 31 January 2007 - 04:26 PM

I haven't heard anything yet, I mustn't be good enough lol!

#29 Snagglepussed

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:22 PM

I'll let you know tomorrow as I have it tomorrow morning!
Hmmmmm, I'll listen, absobr, think on it and then decide!!!
AHHHHH!

Kim

#30 Rum~bah

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:02 PM

Kim... How did your interview go?

I just applied, but might follow up with a phone call in the morning  original.gif

Good luck to everyone else too!

Ali

#31 Snagglepussed

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:26 AM

Hiya girls! I had the interview and i have the job! I have to say Yay or Nay today!
I am 99.9% sure I want it but I would really love to hear from anyone already doing it how they cope with Holidays! I have FDC for my 2yo and DD1 could go to vacation care a few days a week and my sister/friends could probably help out but is it REALLY feasible?????

Thanks!

Kim

#32 Tuesday Moon

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:30 PM

Well done Kim !!!!
I would love to know more about what they were interested in that you had previous experience in and what questions they asked you at the interview.
With the children I think you have lots of options, as you said, so I do think it is feasible and you should go for it.

Tuesday

#33 Snagglepussed

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:32 AM

I said yes! Thought about it long and hard and decided to take the plunge!

No real retail experience in my CV, maybe it was fluke! They needed someone in my area and the sums added up!

Good luck to everyone!

Kim

#34 lisajoy

Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:46 PM

I took the plunge and applied too - thanks all posters for the info, will have to update us after you get your first assignment Kim!

#35 *Goobs*

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:35 AM

Well done Kim biggrin.gif Let us know how you go original.gif

Good luck
Leonie

#36 Georgie Boy

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:33 PM

KIm you sell yourself short surely a TW demonstrator counts for some retail experience. original.gif

Louise

#37 *snoopy*

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:35 PM

I've applied and had a telephone interview with Jan. Now waiting for the State Manager to give me a call to set up a face to face interview.

For those interested in applying, Jan's asked that when you send her your application to mention which shopping centres are close to you so that she can see if she has a territory/work available.

Good luck to all!

Kath

#38 Snagglepussed

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:06 PM

Got my info pack, just about to sit down and go through it! Lots of gadgets and strange hooks in there!!!! AHHHHH

#39 LynnyP

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:39 PM

Oh well done Kim!

I am not working Friday this week or next but maybe you are now!

#40 Angcha

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:04 PM

Hi Kim,

Those strange hooks and gadgets are for hanging posters! Have someone videoing you doing this for the first time, then send it to Funniest Home Videos. You will win  tongue.gif

Good luck,

Angcha

#41 mynameisprince

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:11 PM

Just sent my resume off - I hope it's OK, as i have never had to do a resume!

Oh well, see how it goes anyway.  Can't hurt trying

Lisa

#42 Snagglepussed

Posted 02 March 2007 - 07:10 AM

STarted up! It's bamboozling but I am sure it'll be fine once I am up and running and doing my own thing!
It's time consuming at the moment as I am in training and have to be available when the Team Leader is available!

Onwards and upwards!

Kim

#43 Guest_Tracy+3_*

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:01 PM

I just applied too  ohmy.gif , I haven't worked as such in 8 yrs & haven't been for a job interview in over 10 years  blink.gif so now I feel a bit nervous LOL would love to know what they asked in your interview Kim ?

#44 Angcha

Posted 04 March 2007 - 03:35 PM

They don't ask questions specific to the job per se, they are more interested in assessing your problem solving and relationship building capacity.  And they certainly take a kind view of Mums who have been out of the work force for a while. Most of the employees are working mothers!

It's not brain surgery wink.gif All it requires is common sense, an ability to relate to people and lots of walking!  It does take a little while to get you head around it, as Kim is finding, but that's really the same with any job.

I have been at it for around 6 mths now and really enjoy it. I love working autonomously and I love the flexibility it affords me. It has been a great confidence boost after 3+ years out of the work force.

I may change my view next week after I have finished my 33 hours of work  wacko.gif  But that's a rare occurrence!

Good luck!

Angcha

#45 Guest_Tracy+3_*

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:00 PM

Well even though I didn't send a CV & haven't worked in 8 yrs , they must want people in my area as I just had a call back from Jan & she sounded really keen to talk further .So fingers crossed .

#46 Amysha

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:04 PM

I';d like to apply for something like this but my retail experience only extends to part time school jobs 20 years ago  blush.gif , since then it's been office & IT work. Where abouts are the interviews held?

Tracy, I'm like you, been out of workforce for 6 years. I am just so overwhelmed by going back to work, I have no idea where to start and all the help out there is for people on Centrelink benefits. I'm finding it so hard I just wish I could get some guidance from somewhere without having to fork out an arm and a leg and go privately. I have no confidence and no clothes for interviews or work either!

#47 nicki-b

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:21 PM

Been dragging my heels and trying to pluck up the courage, just applied now and guess what, they filled my area today... doh!  I live on the Central Coast near Gosford, did they fill it here.
She said another one might come up though, always at the airport when the boat comes in!!
Nicki x

#48 Guest_Tracy+3_*

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:26 PM

Burtof I just did the over the phone interview & because I haven't had any retail experience at all ,plus no recent work experience Jan just told me it could be about anything , just as long as it related to the question ,I explained that I was nervous & that it was hard to have the confidence to put myself out there ....but she was really easy to talk to .

I found it easy to just do it rather than think to much about it , I should hear from the area manager in the next day or two , I think he does another phone interview & the final say is up to him.

Edited by Tracy+3, 05 March 2007 - 03:58 PM.

#49 Chazee

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:49 PM

How long do you work for at a time? Is it just a few hours, or can it be all day long?

I need something i can do that doesn't take more than 3-4 hours at a time, as DD won't take a bottle.  rant.gif

#50 Guest_Tracy+3_*

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:41 PM

Well I had my second phone interview today & he rang back not long ago & offered me the position . original.gif So just have to sign my contract & wait for the pack to arrive & organize for a lady to come over from wagga to train me & off I go .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.