Flexible employment opportunities nationally!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

#51 Snagglepussed

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:42 PM

Congrats Tracey! Well done! You'll enjoy it!

#52 **jazzytazzy**

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:26 PM

I sent my resume in about a month ago...and not heard anything sad.gif  .. feeling so unloved..lol

Congrats to all of you who are getting work though.. hope it's all going well for you original.gif

#53 studentagain

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:34 PM

Don't worry, I also sent mine off over a month ago-I thought it would be a good thing whilst studying a degree-maybe they think I am over qualified!

I thought being nearly 40 and having a lot of customer service experience would count for something-obviously not!

I got a better offer today anyway.

Good luck to all anyways...

Michelle original.gif

#54 Angcha

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:39 AM

Qantas, there probably wasn't any work available in your area. I'm mid 30's, degree educated and previously 10 years as a marketing manager in IT and they gave me a job  wink.gif

#55 studentagain

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:53 PM

Yep, that's what I thought it could be, too. original.gif

I am starting a part time job after the school holidays, more in the line of what I am studying.

Sounded good though!

#56 FloralArrangement

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:13 PM

original.gif Just to let you know that I have an interview with this company tomorrow wow I thought I wouldn't hear anything as it has been a while since I applied fingers crossed

Gina

#57 mynameisprince

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:21 PM

Good luck flowermummy !!!  

They probably keep emails/applications on file, for when a position becomes available.. Either that or they are still sorting through and reading all the applications they got fom EB ladies!!

Lisa

#58 Guest_Tracy+3_*

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:20 PM

Goodluck flowermummy .

I have been doing this for 3 weeks now & slowly getting into a routine after not working for so long , so far I seem to be averaging 15-20 hours a week .

How is everyone else who got jobs with them going ?

#59 FloralArrangement

Posted 14 April 2007 - 04:51 PM

Hi there

I have had my phone interview and will be having my face to face on Friday. Funnily enough I am back at school doing my visual merchandising diploma and prior to that have 19 years customer service experience. I am pretty excited about this opportunity to be honest. Tracy that sounds great are you casual at the moment that is what I will be to start with.

Gina

#60 Guest_Tracy+3_*

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:08 PM

Hi Gina

Yeah I am casual , I think that is all they offer .The only ones that are permanent are the team leaders , support staff & area managers all merchandisers are just casuals .

#61 Angcha

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:18 AM

I have been doing this for about 6 months now and love it. It is a great "mummy" job if you have kids at school. Don't have to pay for any daycare or OSH Care. Yes, everyone is casual as your work hours vary from week to week. Hope your interview goes well ... from my experience once you get to the face to face interview you're a dead cert unless you have two heads or something  biggrin.gif

#62 FloralArrangement

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:02 PM

I GOT THE JOB. Face to face went very well. I am part of a merchandising team for dedicated products. I am pretty excited as it sounds awesome. I am currently in second year of visual merchandising so can put that into practice. YIPPEE.

Gina

#63 singleton

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:15 AM

Congratulations flowermummy!  smile1.gif

I have just applied. Fingers crossed!

#64 Chocolate Addict

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:05 PM

Congratulations Flowermummy!!  biggrin.gif

Does anyone know if they are still taking applications?? I wouldnt mind applying but think I might have left it too late.

#65 FloralArrangement

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:00 PM

Michelle

Just apply it may take a while too hear as they contact you when a job becomes available in your local area. It is a constant thing.
3 of us have just been employed in Adelaide.

Gina

#66 FloralArrangement

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:49 PM

I am so tired implementing herbal essence new range this week but people seem pleased with my work....Gina

#67 lg

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:40 PM

Hi!
Im just curious, and have a question for those who have been successful in getting work, I had a face to face interview yesterday, how long was it b4 you were offered the job ?

TIA

Edited by lg, 31 May 2007 - 02:41 PM.

#68 Guest_~twogirlsandaboy~_*

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:23 PM

Hi

I never had a face to face interview , I had a phone interview.I was contacted a few hours later & told I was successful.

Hopefully you have heard by now .

Edited by ~twogirlsandaboy~, 04 June 2007 - 03:23 PM.

#69 lg

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:48 PM

Thanks, but no, still have heard nothing!! I dont know wheteher to assume I did'nt get it or what, as the interview was very positive, even to the point of the lady saying "wait till u you have to do this or that", so needless to say Im confused!!

Anyway, will post If I hear anything....

#70 sarahbeara4

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:32 PM

Hi Ladies,
This sounds interesting, but did one of you say that you can't do this on weekends or evenings? Why is that? Aren't some of the big chain stores open on weeknights (ie: Kmart) and all of them open on weekends?

If so, that puts me out of the running too. Weekends and evenings would be the only time I could do it when DH can look after the kids.

Edited by sarahbeara4, 05 June 2007 - 10:34 PM.

#71 Guest_~twogirlsandaboy~_*

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:26 PM

You can only do this weekdays , so no weekend or night time work available .I guess the reason that they don't do this is because of what they would have to pay you .

#72 sarahbeara4

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:43 PM

Oh yeah, I didn't think of that.
No good for me right now then.
Thanks for the reply!

#73 FloralArrangement

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:27 PM

You need too work the mon-fri hours 9-5 because you need to speak to dept managers etc and these are generally their hours. I am in SA and they are looking for more staff so give it a whirl.

BTW Tia I heard pretty quickly after my initial phone interview all done and dusted within a week if I remember.

I work approx 2-3 days a week not full days though more like 9-2.30pm sort of thing.

GIna

#74 pinkberry

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:05 PM

Hi,
I applied yesterday and have a phone interview tomorrow!
Any tips from those who do work for this company.
I don't actually have any merchandising experience.
Also do you wear a uniform?

I don't feel like I know much about it so hope I go ok.

My bub is also only 11 weeks old and hope to be able to do this job around my partners shift work?

Thanks heaps for any insight...

#75 heidstar

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:28 AM

So is this job available in all states, I only have one shopping centre very close, with Kmart, Target... The next is about 35 minutes away, and after that is 45 minutes.  Do they also do Safeway (woolworths in other states) and coles???

It sounds like a descent hourly wage to me... allthough would only be viable if I was guaranteed to get a certain amount of hours a week, or another of the work from home jobs come through.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.