please confirm your seat :) MAI HOA (vietnamese) in d*ckson? dinner Tues TONIGHT!!!

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#51 Dino-Mite

Posted 24 December 2006 - 08:06 AM

oh oh oh oh...  Maybe one that I can come too BUT  it all depends on how our move goes the day before.  If we can find the door, then I can come.  

Can I let you know closer to the time?

#52 brazen

Posted 24 December 2006 - 09:48 AM

of course!! hope you can make it!!

#53 brazen

Posted 26 December 2006 - 06:34 PM

bumping!

let me know if you're still coming (especially if there's a question mark after your name in the list on the first post) and i'll book later this week  :biggrin:

#54 Jo

Posted 26 December 2006 - 06:49 PM

Grrr ... I am on a night shift sad.gif  Thought it was about time I got sociable again and made it to a function ... but not this one apparently.  Maybe next time.

#55 Guest_gollygar_*

Posted 26 December 2006 - 06:53 PM

I'm still a yes ... well, as long as bubs doesn't make an early appearance. :biggrin:

#56 brazen

Posted 26 December 2006 - 08:21 PM

sorry jo sad.gif

#57 **Laura**

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:39 PM

I am coming too please :biggrin:  :biggrin:

#58 **Laura**

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:17 AM

Bumpity bump anyone else care to join us??

#59 Jet07

Posted 30 December 2006 - 06:49 PM

I'm still at Mums waiting for the call that DH has finihed his work so I can come home - but have told him I have to be back by the 9th  tongue.gif

#60 brazen

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:17 PM

tried to book but no answer, if anyone goes past d*ckson would you please have a sticky and see when they reopen? thanks!

#61 NewLifeDirection

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:49 PM

Hi there brazen!

I knew there was a dinner thing due sometime soon so thanks both for organising it and LauraT for bumping it too!  I am a maybe leaning on the definite side - the only way that it will fall through is if DH is called out with work.

Look forward to catching up with some of you ladies soon!

Edited by The_Source, 02 January 2007 - 04:50 PM.

#62 brazen

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:44 PM

ok the pho phu quoc is closed until at least the 10th if not the 18th due to building work.

any other suggestions? anywhere from woden north is good for me and i'd rather asian food and am partial to vietnamese and thai  smile1.gif (and don't wnat to spend a bomb)

#63 NewLifeDirection

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:57 PM

Malay perhaps?  Rasa Sayang (?sp) - it is in d*ckson too.

#64 Susana

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:00 PM

Rasa Sayang is a great idea Kristy. We used to love eating pre kids  :biggrin: Bring back some memories eating there.

I might trawl my entertainment book and find somewhere out of there for you  :biggrin:

#65 Guest_gollygar_*

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:01 PM

You're going to have to count me out now anyway as bubs will be making an appearance soon according to my Ob. I was hoping to squeeze in the 9th but even that's not a certainty if my Ob gets her way.

Hopefully next time .......

#66 Michelle&Girls

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:02 PM

Have you guys tried the Ethopian Restaurant in D*ckson?
I love that place, its my favourite.

We have taken a few visitors to Canberra there, some love it, some hate it.

#67 nessrose

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:38 PM

Hey, count me in too. Haven't been to anything in ages!

Don't mind where either, just need to have a night out IYKWIM! tongue.gif

#68 brazen

Posted 02 January 2007 - 07:00 PM

you're more than welcome ness! as long as we can find somewhere LOL

#69 chuggabug

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:12 PM

I would love to come. Where has the majority decided now that the original venue is changed. Can someone please give me all the updated info please.

I can give someone a lift if they are from Nicholls area if they want as I won't be drinking.

#70 brazen

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:19 PM

i've just realised that i will probably be late  wacko.gif as i'm going out the night before as well  laugh.gif (just to a meeting LOL) so i will have to hang around until the kids are settled, or at least the littlest one...

ohhhh how about the huang ho?

Edited by brazen, 02 January 2007 - 08:19 PM.

#71 Princesspink

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:23 PM

May i suggest the asian chinese place i think East Kitchen in d*ckson, This place is awsome value, the food is fantastic, esspecially the banquet menu.
East Kitchen
Shop 2, d*ckson Plaza, 28 Challis Street
Canberra , ACT  2602

I personally think rasa Sayang is nice, but the meals are very small, and we ended up with a heafty bill at the end and found ourselves up at the frozen custard place for a top up. wink.gif

Otherwise i love the Thai House at manuka - its in a little paved or pebbled ally way across the road from the coles and just up from that Justqtly place. Its the best Thai i've ever tasted!! Best red curry's and this ginger sauce thing they do almost makes me pass out its so delicous!! yummo!! original.gif

Anyway just some extra suggestions!! original.gif

P.S. i might be able to come... original.gif

Han x

Edited by Princesspink, 02 January 2007 - 08:35 PM.

#72 brazen

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:24 PM

ok, i should have read further on the website i was on - the huang ho closed 3 years ago  wacko.gif

#73 Princesspink

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:31 PM

Brazen, do you mean this one? original.gif
http://www.yourrestaurants.com.au/guide/hoang_hau_kingston/

HTH original.gif

P.S. here's a list of Vietnamese restaurants in Canberra:

1   Au Lac   Vegetarian, Vietnamese   d*ckson
2 Hoang Hau Asian, Chinese, Vietnamese Kingston
3 Kinh Do Vietnamese Macquarie
4 Metro Vietnam Vietnamese Canberra City
5 Pho Phu Quoc Vietnamese d*ckson
6 Rice Paper Vietnamese Canberra City
7 Sue's Kitchen Vietnamese Scullin
8 The Ginger Room French, Mod-Oz, Vietnamese Parkes
9 Tu Do Vietnamese O'Connor
10 Vietnamese Kitchen Vietnamese Giralang

#74 brazen

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:34 PM

there's also the vietnam village in page, the one upstairs in belconnen 9where we went last time) i have to say though that i don't particularly like any of the ones in belco (though that doesn't stop me from eating there LOL) there used to be huang ho next to bellucis in d*ckson but it obviously moved to manuka...

#75 Michelle&Girls

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:57 AM

What about Jasmine House in Gungahlin?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.