5 month old starting DC in late Jan - anyone else?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#51 Guest_atelier_*

Posted 16 January 2007 - 02:18 PM

Hi,

Well she had another few hours again today and another injury again she has a bruise on her forehead now  sad.gif  it doesnt seem to bother her though.

LJ - Glad orientation went well i cried yesterday but was a bit better today.

Jassy - i didnt cry at the creche only when i got home i didn't want to look like too much of a sook  Tounge1.gif

#52 ~*jassy*~

Posted 16 January 2007 - 02:24 PM

Hi  original.gif

Leesa Sounds like you have a great centre for Zac.  I just know when I go back to work and will only be in a different ROOM to Liam I will be  sad.gif  sad.gif   i guess it will just take a few weeks for you both to adjust - as long as Zac is happy and content, that's the main thing  original.gif

$7 a day sounds quite a lot extra!  Our centre has price rises each new financial year, so maybe yours has one each new calendar year.  I know some families only get the minium CCB ....and have 2 or 3 children in care....makes you wonder if it is worthwhile working - most of their pay would go on childcare!  At tax time in 2008, 30% of what you have paid for this financial year will be offset on your tax, so hope you get a nice little refund  wink.gif

atelier Your poor DD!  Sounds like she is being very active and exploring her new environment!  original.gif

I went for a quick visit at my Centre yesterday, took my Mum for a look.  She said it's a nice centre, but Liam would be better off if I stay at home with him wacko.gif (I said ok we'll live in a caravan then shall we, never mind about the mortgage  Tounge1.gif )

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all coping well  original.gif  original.gif

#53 Guest_atelier_*

Posted 19 January 2007 - 12:41 PM

I start back at work Monday, it has come around to quickly and i will miss my little girl for the 8 hours i am at work and she is at creche  sad.gif

#54 Guest_atelier_*

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:54 PM

Well my baby now has gastro so while i have to sart work on Monday DH has to stay home with her.  She must have got it on one of her trial days  sad.gif

#55 raysofsunshine

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:33 PM

Oh atelier!  You really have had a bad start to it all.  I really feel for you hon.  

All the best with your first day back and I hope your DD is better very soon.

Jassy - Yep the CCB for us isn't very much for us  sad.gif but what can you do.  We have only got a week to go!  Where has the time gone?  I can't believe it.  I am going to be giving my little Zac lots and lots of extra cuddles while I can.  lol at your Mum and the caravan comment - I hate mortgages!

Is everyone else ok?  I think that I currently have my head in the sand....  I am not thinking about D day...  maybe if I don't think about it it won't happen  blush.gif

Leesa

#56 mum2taylor

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:55 PM

Hi everyone.  I hope you don't mind me butting in.  I go back to work on 5th Feb and DD will be going to FDC 3 days a week.  We are starting for a few hours a day next week to ease her into it.  She is 7 months now so i have been pretty lucky t be off work this long but i a freaking out.  I've been a wreak the last few days thinking about it, doesn't help that i have had to start her on formula for the feeds i will be at work i guess.
Anyway...nice to know there are other people going through the same thing at the moment.
Good luck everyone.

#57 Guest_atelier_*

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:59 PM

Oh what a day work was a mess i spent the whole morning cleaning up my new desk.  Bubs will not be going to DC again tomorrow as she is still sick so will be looked after various people through the day, mum, dad, me at lunch and DH.

#58 ~*jassy*~

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:58 AM

Hi  original.gif

atelier  oh no, your poor DD  sad.gif  Hope she feels better soon...

Leesa The countdown is on...only 6 more sleeps....  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif

mum2taylor Welcome  original.gif Taylor is a little cutie! Hope everything goes ok for you both.

We went for another visit yesterday, I went for a wander and a chat, went back to the Baby room ..... and Liam was asleep LOL.  Will go for another quick visit later in the week (more for me than him, I think.  I was nearly crying, such a sooky lala)

#59 Dons

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:55 PM

Hiya Girls

Have been mia for abit!! Finally caught up on things and am hoping your bubs are settling ok.

Gem orientates next wednesday and the thought brings tears to my eyes.
She is at the stage everything is funny to her and she is really bonding with DH and I and it breaks my heart!
I used to be the Director who used to sat in the office saying to new mums holding a box of tissues 'It's ok, she wont forget you, creche will be good for her' and look at me  sad.gif lol
But she is with me and I am lucky.....

Must fly have a grumpy bub to put to bed....will be back soon

Keep smiling lovelies

#60 ~*jassy*~

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:01 AM

OMG *starts to hyperventilate*

I start work on MONDAY  sad.gif

#61 heidistar

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:11 PM

Hello,

mum2taylor:

doesn't help that i have had to start her on formula for the feeds i will be at work i guess.
Just wondering... If you have been breast feeding, why you won't be expressing breast milk for your DD's feeds whilst in care??? I haven't had my baby yet (not long to go now unsure.gif ) but i plan to breast feed & when i return to work when she is about 8 weeks old, i plan to express milk for her feeds whilst i'm at work... I know it will mean sitting around expressing quiet a bit before hand, but i'm hoping that i can get into a pattern so that this will work...

As for my baby attending day care: I'm not sure now if i'll be putting her into care when i go back to work. I am hoping to get a part-time position (perhaps 3 days) & then my Sister & DH can take turns to look after her.

#62 Guest_atelier_*

Posted 26 January 2007 - 05:37 PM

Oh Jassy i hope you have a great weekend with Liam.  Hope Monday goes well.

The countdown begins again bubs will be in Daycare Monday as she is over her gastro now.

#63 raysofsunshine

Posted 28 January 2007 - 07:49 PM

OMG OMG OMG - tomorrow is the day.  My head in the sand technique must finally come to an end  blush.gif - tomorrow my little bubby starts his first day at kindy.

Jazzy I know you are out there somewhere!  Are you all teary like me?

Tomorrow is just going to be a horrid day.

Atelier hope your second starting attempt is better than the first.

Dons - I hope wed goes well for you. And you just reminded me to put a packet of tissues in my bag.

I don't think that I can sleep... I am so sad.  I am going to miss him so much - I think I will even miss the bad bits.  Got to go and read the positive CC thread again, and again, and again. ohmy.gif

Leesa

Edited by LJ*, 28 January 2007 - 07:50 PM.

#64 Guest_atelier_*

Posted 28 January 2007 - 08:20 PM

Jazzy and Leesa - Best of luck for tomorrow, i hope it all goes ok, i am going to make an effort to cry in the car instead of in the creche in front of everyone  original.gif

#65 BarossaBec

Posted 28 January 2007 - 08:41 PM

Hi All,
Can't believe I found this forum. (Not too good at navigating this thing yet).  My Jack is starting at family day care on Friday 2nd Feb.  He will be six months on 3rd Feb. I had the luxury of staying at home with my girls until they were 18 months and 20 months old.  Don't know how I'm going to go.  Luckily I can choose my hours as I am the boss.
My problem is that Jack won't take a bottle.  Have tried formula and EBM in a bottle and a cup but he just pushes it away.  He will take water in a cup though.  The CAYHS nurse says that he'll be fine because he is able to have other dairy beginning at 6 months and also chicken and fish.  He will be hanging out for a BF by the end of the day though.
Anyone else had this experience???  What did you do?
Good luck to those starting tomorrow.
Chiao
Bec

#66 ~*jassy*~

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:09 PM

Hi everyone

atelier Glad to hear your DD is feeling better, hope everything goes ok for you both tomorrow.  Don't worry if you cry, I'm sure they have seen it all before....make sure you call your creche as many times as you need to to see how she is going, I'm sure they won't mind, it's better to know than to be stressing all day IYKWIM.

Leesa Good luck for you and Zac for tomorrow, I know how you are feeling....I have been a bit teary all day  sad.gif  

BarossaBec Welcome  original.gif Sorry I can't offer any advice, Liam takes bottles, and I will still be bf him twice during the day (He is coming to the childcare centre where I work)

Atelier and Leesa, hope you can both pop on here tomorrow night to let us know how things went...

#67 BarossaBec

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:31 PM

Hi Jassy,

Lucky girl, having the child care centre at work.  That would be my ideal but I work as sole trader with no receptionist  sad.gif
Has Liam always taken the bottle?  I tried Jack at about 3 weeks and then again at 3 months but each time he wouldn't take it.  My first took one as she was in neonates for 3 week and the second didn't need one.  I guess they all have their little quirks don't they. He won't take a dummy either but loves to suck his thumb at night!!!! GGRRR rolleyes.gif

Well have to run.  My middle one, Dominique, joins her big sister , Anastasia, at school tomorrow.  Big day for all!

Bec

#68 ~*jassy*~

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:05 PM

Hiya  original.gif

Well, we survived the first day  original.gif  

Liam didn't sleep much, and got woken by another baby when he normally has his 'big' pm sleep (usually has 2-3 hours, only had 1 hour).  I saw him a few times during the day (well, more than a few  wink.gif ) He was soooo tired when we got home, didn't even want to play on his mat, just lied ther instead.... he's in bed alseep already, poor little bubba.

He had a bf in the morning and on my lunch break - 1 bottle of EBM in the pm.  He seemed happy when I saw him, and didn't get upset when I left (WHY NOT  tongue.gif )  

I am soooo tired, I miss my nanna nap  ph34r.gif

atelier and Leesa, hope your day was ok - and anyone else who went back to work today...

Barossabec - hope your girls had a good day today.  I've never had any problems with Liam taking a bottle, but I prefer that someone else gives it to him, so he doesn't associate the bottle with me and prefer that instead, IYKWIM

Edited by *jassy*, 29 January 2007 - 07:07 PM.

#69 Dons

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:02 PM

Hi Guys

Jassy - Sending u big hugs lovely meant to reply in our parent grp to see how u were.  blush.gif

Sorry just a short visit as I am exhausted - Gem was in hospital for the morning and I was more traumatised than her (see my post in Sept 06!)

Gem orietates this week and I well up everytime I think of it....mind u af has arrived as well so it's not a good week!

MWAH to you all brave mummies xx

#70 Guest_atelier_*

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:10 PM

Jassy - yay for surviving the first day.

We went well too no bumps or bruises, she had 3 shortish naps (pretty good for her) and drank her bottles.  She was really tired and cranky when i picked her up though.  Work was awfully busy so i only got to phone the creche once so it was a long day.

Leesa - how did you go?

#71 raysofsunshine

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:11 PM

Sorry girls....  It has been a busy few days.

Well I survived.  Zac was fine - three short naps and drank all of his milk.  He seemed to be the new attraction all the kids wanted to try and play with him - so cute.  He was a bit cranky with me in the afternoon but otherwise he was fine.

Now for me....  I stayed around for about an hour till he went down for his first sleep...  alot of the 2-3 year olds were crying... they all play together in the mornings.  It made me very sad.  I didn't cry till I got in the car and tried to keep busy.  Today was our day off and we are back tomorrow for the rest of the week.  I really hope this gets easier.  I am so glad that I have this week off.

Jassy - Do you think they get used to sleeping with other bubs around?  I am glad your day went ok. Liam sounds like he was totally worn out - too much playing.  I know what you mean about being missed - when I picked Zac up I struggled to even get a smile - boo hoo!

Atelier - Great to hear that there wasn't anymore mishaps! After yesterday Zac slept for 2hours this morning and 1.5 hours this afternoon and then had another 40min!  It is a miracle!  He has never done that ever! Maybe CC will cure their bad sleeping habits!  

Dons - I hope Gem was ok... I will go and hunt for your post.

Barossabec - I had alot of trouble with bottles with Zac.  He always had expressed milk in the evening from a bottle and then one day he just didn't want a bar of it.  It took alot of teat trials but finally we found one that he would take and since then there has been no problems.  We got ours from a lactation consultant but they are very similar to the pur silcone teats in the shops.  You could also try the advent spouts, or a sipper cup like mag mag.  You might also find some other suggestions under "feeding your baby"...  it is a common problem.  

Hope everyone had a good day today.  Bring on Friday!

Leesa

#72 BarossaBec

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:54 PM

Thanks Leesa,
I'm going to let the carer try the bottle or cup ( might be better taking it without me any where near him) and if he doesn't I'll try pur teats.  Someone said the new Tomme Tippee ones are good too as they are a bit stretchy like a nipple.
Oh well, he won't starve. At 8kg he has a bit of leeway. Amazing for a boy who was labelled "Failure to thrive"!

Glad Zac went well.  RE: grumpiness - apparently the first two weeks at school are pretty ratty for kids(mine certainly are) so maybe the same goes for childcare.  Hope he settles down soon.  I found my girls slept soooooo much better once they were in care.  A lot of mental and physical activity!
I am expecting Jack to ignore me when I pick him up.  He's quite good at that if I've left him for too long.

Well must run.
Chiao
Bec original.gif

#73 ~*jassy*~

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:51 AM

Hi  original.gif

Just quickly -

Dons hope Gemma went ok yesterday (and you too  wink.gif )

Leesa - glad to hear you both survived  original.gif

atelier - Liam has been really tired too, must be all that extra stimulation, too much going on   original.gif  

Barossabec - good luck for tomorrow for Jack (and you too  wink.gif )

#74 BarossaBec

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:21 AM

Hi Guys,
Lump in my throat!!  Leave in 10 minutes!!  ARRRRGGHH.  Will let you know how he goes!

Bec

#75 raysofsunshine

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:54 PM

Good luck Bec.

I went to the shops today to meet a girlfriend and everytime I saw a mum with a bub about Zac's age I felt really sad. sad.gif

How has everyones week gone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.