5 month old starting DC in late Jan - anyone else?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#76 BarossaBec

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:01 PM

Hi All,
Don't know what I was worried about.  He slept when he was supposed to. He ate all his lunch and he even TOOK his bottle!!!!! rolleyes.gif  Apparently he smiled at everyone who would look at him and called out to the ones who didn't look at him quickly enough.  The one year old tried to join him in the pram but he told her what for.  No tears at all but did want lots of cuddles which is to be expected.
Now his Mummy is going to bed early to get over the last week of sleepless nights.

LJ - from experience(girls 5 & 7), it does get easier. But IKWYM. Glad I didn't run in to any of my friends with babies at work today ( work in the main street of town).

Well that was week one over and done with.  Hope everyone did as well as Jack and I hope week 2 is even better.
Chiao
Bec

#77 ~*jassy*~

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:50 PM

Hi  original.gif

Would love an update on how everyone is going  biggrin.gif

#78 BarossaBec

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:26 PM

Hi Jassy & everyone else,

Jack and I are doing really well.  I started two days a week last week (was one day a week before that).  He loves going to FDC.  Carer has an 18 yr old girl and two teenage boys who just adore him.  He finally took formula from a bottle yesterday as I have trouble expressing enough for the two days. YAY!  I think he'll be fine because he is such a social being!  Loves it when I pick him up though.  Big smiles and great cuddles.  Makes me feel so much better.
How are you going Jassy??  I would also love an update on everyone.

Chiao
Bec biggrin.gif

#79 raysofsunshine

Posted 25 February 2007 - 02:01 PM

Hey Jassy, Bec and Atelier,

Things are going really well!  Zac has had no problems at all settling in. He loves watching all the kids playing and as there is only him and another little girl his age, they seem to get lots of attention.  His day sleeps have been a bit off but he has always had trouble in that area. He has started sitting up now and even done some painting!  Something that I would never do at home!

We have just started him on solids in the day.  No probs at all.

I'm doing ok too.  Dh takes Zac in the morning and collect him in the afternoon so I guess I get the easy bit.

Bec - sounds like it is all going to plan for you too - great news about the bottles!

Jassy - How is Liam going?

Leesa

#80 Guest_atelier_*

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:14 PM

Hi,

We are going really well.  Ellie is having two good day sleeps at creche without putting up any fights something she would never do at home.  She is on three meals of solids a day since becoming very fussy with her bottles.

I do both the dropping off and collecting because the creche is where i park my car to go to work and DH has unreliable hours anyway.  Dropping off is fine at the moment she happily goes to the carers or plays on the floor.  I am really dreading if she starts crying when i have to leave.

She is loving all the different people to watch all day and play with as she is very active.

LJ - Wow painting Zac would have loved that.

Bec - Sounds like Jack is doing really well.  

Jassy - How is everything doing with Liam?

#81 ~*jassy*~

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:07 PM

Hi Leesa, Bec and Atelier  smile1.gif

Glad to hear everyone is coping ok  smile1.gif   We are going great, Liam seems to be settled in and I am really enjoying being back at work.  It's hard sometimes not being with him all the time, but we're getting there.  He is still bf and I feed him on my morning break and at lunch time.  He has ebm in the afternoon.  We started solids last week, but I am giving it to him in the morning at home (guess I still want to do it all for him  blush.gif )

His routine has changed a little, and he is going longer between feeds now.  He sleeps really well there, sometimes has 2 x 2 hour sleeps, and a little one in the morning.  I guess I'm lucky though that I can visit him anytime, I can call down to his room (I'm just in the next building next door) or pop in to check on him.  He spends my lunch hour in the staff room with me, which is great.  He gets sooooo chatty!

#82 TPS

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:44 AM

What a great thread! So glad I found it.

DS started DC yesterday and it hasn't been a pleasant experience for either of us yet. He would barely look at me when I picked him up (although apparently he smiled at everyone else) and I could have just burst into tears (I did later that afternoon).

I really struggled dropping him off again this morning. I hope he sleeps better today (barely slept there yesterday). I've put him in 2 weeks before I go back to work to get him used to it with shorter visits and so I'm around just in case, but it's really hard for me because I come home and see his swing, or cot or toys and it makes me want to cry. It's pathetic really - he's ONLY in DC!!!  cry1.gif

#83 Dons

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:51 PM

Hi All

We are doing ok!
Gem is with me so it's nice when I am snowed under and a little beaming face is looking at me through my office window!

Only downer - she has been constantly sick - cough/cold she is that congested tonight I am too frightened to go to bed!

But she is settling well, hard seeing her cry but she is getting used to it.

She has a boyfriend Zack lol he is adorable and often sits beside her at mini maestro's patting her in the rocker  wub.gif

#84 Guest_atelier_*

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:17 PM

Hi,

Things are still going fairly well.  Ellie has a cold and cough that will not go away.  I was also a bit disappointed when i picked her up the other day and her face all dirty still had vegies along with snot on her face and her Tshirt was dirty as well.  I thought they could have wiped her face and changed her clothes.  I have 4 sets of spare clothes and she is always still in the same set i drop her off in.

Otherwise she has settled in well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.