pram stores in Sydney

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kird

Posted 28 December 2006 - 04:27 PM

Hi pram gurus!

I'm hoping someone can advise me where to look as this is our first bub, neither of us is from Sydney and we're a bit lost!

So far, I've only been to Babies Galore and Baby Co but they both have totally different stock and I'm sure the ones in Chatswood are not the cheapest.

I guess my question is: where in Sydney can I find a big baby store that stocks a wide range of prams so we can compare them properly and look for a good deal?  I find it hard to do on the internet as I'm definitely a "try before you buy" person.  I don't mind having to travel a bit to look.

thanks for your help

#2 mamaknits

Posted 28 December 2006 - 11:06 PM

I recommend Baby Kingdom (we went to the one in Alexandria). the prices are better than Babies Galore and they ahve a wide range of stock and helpful staff. Ask for a discount if they don't offer you one. They are not reluctant to offer lower prices if you ask.  All the best

celia

#3 Lealeaâ„¢

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:16 AM

Hi Kirdy!..

I got all my stuff at Babies Galore at Taren Point... They were so helpful and had a huge range and gave as a great discount!..

Happy shopping! :biggrin:

#4 m2e

Posted 30 December 2006 - 05:45 AM

I definitely recommend Baby Kingdom.  You will find they are also the best prices by far (especially when you are buying a lot).  Any store is good but the one at Bankstown is huge so worth the treck if you have a few things to get.

BTW - it is worth doing one big shop for all your stuff.  You will get a much bigger discount when shopping for the lot.  Baby Kingdom have a VIP club that you join when you do a big order (I dont remember the minimum) and then you get lifetime discounts over and above their normal and sale prices.  <this is a bonus because they really are cheaper>

Cheers

Edited by m2e, 30 December 2006 - 05:47 AM.

#5 Aloysius

Posted 30 December 2006 - 06:31 AM

Babies Galore are consitently more expensive than other shops, so I'd recommend staying away. Independent shops are better. Baby Kingdom is the place in Sydney where I've seen the cheapest pram and agree with PP. Get the car seat and the pram and other bits at the same time. When we got our P&T we got 5% off the pram and then another 10% off everthing because we spent over $1000. That was in Brisbane though...

#6 scuttlebutt

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:54 AM

yeah, I live right near the alexandria baby kingdom, once you spend over $1000 you get a 10% discount for ever (12% when they have a sale on)

They have 10% off storewide atm.

HTH

Kate

#7 ~BT~

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:14 PM

I also recommend Baby Kingdom.  I went to the one at Penrith, it was a bit of a trek but worth it.  We bought most things at once and saved a small fortune.  If they dont have one thing on your list that you want, ask if they can get it in for you.  I bought a few things but they didnt have the mattresses that I wanted, but they got them in for me, and I still got a discount!

I bought an item from them a couple of months ago that is sold for $65 everywhere else, but at Sydney's Baby Kingdom they sell it for $55, then I got the 10% off that (VIP member)!

#8 Fluker

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:15 PM

I thought that Babies Galore have the widest range of prams. Baby Co have a lot of their own stuff that you won't find in other shops. If you're after range, just go to the store and test drive, then make notes of make and model and buy from wherever. If you're actually wanting to purchase the exact product you test drive then that's something else.
K

#9 kird

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:03 AM

Hi,

thank you all very much - it's definitely shopping weather today so I'm dragging poor DH off to check out your suggestions!

#10 lalala

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:33 AM

I would agree that Baby Kingdom has the best range and the best prices, plus heaps of staff all wanting to help you.  I went (and still go) to the Baby Kingdom at Bankstown.

Always remember that prices are negotiable, over and above their regular 10% discount.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.