May 06 Parents #87

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
137 replies to this topic

#51 ~ZiggyStardust~

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:09 PM

Evening May mummies

Pretty hot here tonight, but I'm trying to be good, so I've just got the fans on, and Jacks' crawling all over the tiles in the kitchen, so at least it's cool for him.  He's getting awfully close to our modem though, I have to keep moving him away from it!!!

Dani - what are you doing when you go to Uni?  Is it something you've put on hold to have Oliver or something new??  Those emails that get sent are great huh?

Jackie - I love your new sig!

Kath - great news about Josh rolling over Yay!!! Was it hard to get him to drink out of a straw?  Your sig is great, Josh has so so much hair, was he born with it all? Jack had heaps of black hair when he was born, and lost all of it, now it's come back a light brown and curly!

Lauren - I look at pics of Jack when he was first born and he has changed so so so much, it kinda makes me sad that he's growing up, pathetic huh? Did you get Chloe a walker?

Sarah - Jack does this thing where his face goes all red and squishes up, and you know he's doing a big poo!!  Last Friday I was out shopping and I was in Myer talking to someone I knew, and my cousin (she's 23!) turns around to me and says OMG He's doing a huge poo, look at his face! I was so freakin embarrassed, I think cause she said it so loud everyone heard LOL!

Jack ended up sleeping all night and waking only when I had to get him into the car to go to mums, so that was great, it was trying to get him to go to sleep that was hard, I think we're gonna have the same prob tonight, he's quite whingy now so he'll be going down soon (I Hope) ph34r.gif

Renee - I love shopping, and a new camera is always nice .... You can take more pics now LOL  I got a new digi camera with my notebook last week, and I've taken that many pics, it's terrible LOL

Amber - hope Zanes christeining day is perfect - weather too!

Anni - wow on Tayla sleeping for so long, I wish Jack would do that through the day LOL he usually sleeps between halft and hour to two hours... that's it!!

Erin - I agree with Dani, Coop hsa only gotten bigger, she honestly does look the same as she did as a new born!  Looks like she loves her Freddos!  The pics are great..

QOTD No 1 - Jack doesn't sleep that much during the day, any where from thirty mins to an hour and half usually, two hours on a good day!

Britt - how is everything going with 'Walter'!

Kristie - bugger about the phone/computer...   hope you or Telstra can sought it out.

Looking at all your gorgeous new born pics takes me back... I've found some of Jack I'll post..

Erin - did you hear from Mick about why he didn't turn up... Guess he's blown his chance of getting Coop tomorrow...

This has taken me over an hour to write believe it or not, and Jack is asleep now YAY

Went to dietician today after one month and have lost three kgs in the last month, (only 500 in the last week) but my goal is three kgs per month so that I keep it off, and I've lost six kgs in total since November, so I'm real happy about that...

Anyways, hope these pics of Jack work, glad to be able to finally catch up on posts... Tounge1.gif

QOTD No 2 - Jack has a vegimite sandwich/toast/scrambled eggs for lunch, fruit/yogurt...

I Have no idea why this pic turned out so big!

Edited by Chels13, 17 January 2007 - 08:13 PM.

#52 Guest_**Slappy**_*

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:57 PM

Well my dinner was good! I really like my aunty and cousin. My cousin is only 13, starting highschool this year and is so cute... she really is a lovely girl. My aunty told us tonight that my other cousin (15yo boy) is gay! She reckons he gets it from our side of the family as another cousin of mine in our family is gay too  wacko.gif So there you go.

I had a gin and tonic, the first fully alcoholic drink I have had in soooooo long... it was good though. Dont think I will be getting drunk anytime soon though, I dont think I could go back to the hangovers again.

My grandma baby sat and when Bridget woke up for a bottle, instead of picking her up she just gave her her bottle in the cot. Well Bridget managed to push the teat back inside the bottle and milk went everywhere! I went to check on her (she is still awake 1 1/2 hours later  <_< ) and her hair is caked dry and crackly with milk lol and she smells dreadful (formula stinks wink.gif ) so that was funny.

Erin - I hope Michael turned up in the end with a good excuse...

Anyway I am going to lounge on EB for awhile I think... have a good night everyone original.gif

#53 TheyCallMeRach

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:00 PM

Finally EB is back online.
Kristie-to make the smoothie just add a frozen banana to 250ml skim milk and blend. Dont add extra milk though as i found out the hard way, it doesnt go thick if there is too much milk, 250ml is  the perfect amount.
Jackie-i love that pic of Joey aged 1 day. She is gorgeous.
Renee-Have fun with your new camera.
Dani-Oliver has changed so much since he was born.
Erin-cooper looks exactly the same as when she was born.
Anni-wow four hours is a long nap. LOL bout your night on the grog. Sounds like our new years eve party. My friend is a police officer and was very drunk and she was pretending to arrest DH cute single mate(she was pretending he was Robbie Williams) and was using my hairband as handcuffs. It was hysterical.  
Britt-wow your dragon sounds cool. I have similar things in my yard but not  sure if they are water dragons.Prob just lizards in my neck of the woods.

QOTD-Holly has 2 day naps  of 2hours each. I usually put her down at 915 ish  and around 1.30 or 2pm ish.
QOTD-For lunch Holly either has one of the following,  a sandwich, yogurt, custard, fruit, vegetables.

Me-made a yummy chicken ceasar salad for dinner. The WW ceasar dressing is delicous. Went for another walk tonight. Couldnt believe how much the temperature went down after the clouds rolled in this arvo. Made  the walk so much nicer.
Night all.

Edited by rachandbub, 17 January 2007 - 10:02 PM.

#54 TazzieD

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:05 PM

hi girls!
QOTD, Milly has 3 sleeps but the length can be anything from 30mins to 2 hours.

Rach, I love the WW caesar dressing too - so authentic and not many points! original.gif

Erin, Mick needs to grow up doesn't he. That is bad. I hope he turned up.

Sorry girls, no more personals. I promised myself 5 mins (LOL!  Tounge1.gif ) only on EB as I need to get some sleep desperately.
*hugs*

#55 HairyMaclary

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:28 PM

Hi girls,

Rhiannon - poor Bridget!  Formula does stink, doesn't it?

Chels13 - No, it wasn't hard to get him to drink out of a straw.  I have one of the Mag Mag straw cups and I just offered it to him and he drank from it first go.  He always ends up drenched but I only give him water so I don't really care...he dries pretty quickly.  He was born with a lot of hair but it was darker blonde than it is now.  It fell out around the side and back but the hair on top has just got longer and longer.  It is now a much lighter blonde but the tips are still the original colour...somebody once asked me if I get it coloured at the hairdresser  wacko.gif .  DH's brothers keep asking us "When are you going to do something about his hair" but I can't bring myself to get it cut.  I'll have to eventually but not yet!

Erin - Has he come up with a good excuse yet?

QOTD1 - Josh has 3 naps, usually around an hour each (1.5 to 2 hours very, very occasionally if I'm lucky).  He goes down for his first one sometime between 7.30-8.30am, the next one at around 11am and then another one later in the afternoon (although he missed this one today and was a bit grumpy).

QOTD2 - Josh has only been having fruit for lunch so far.  I'm planning to start giving him yoghurt next time I go grocery shopping.  He won't eat finger food at all so sandwiches aren't an option yet.

I ended up going to Pilates this afternoon and it was great.  I think the best part about it is that I get a whole hour to myself! It seemed to be a lot harder than last week so I think I'll be feeling it tomorrow. When I went to pick Josh up from childcare he was having a giggle with the childcare lady and she said that she'd like to take him home with her!  Apparantly he turned on the charm while he was there and was a little angel.  Why does he save all the grumpiness for me???  

He was in a walker the whole time he was there (but his little legs couldn't reach the ground so he was just playing with the toys) and he loved it.  I've been avoiding buying a walker because the physio said I shouldn't (apparantly teaches them abnormal walking patterns because they learn to walk with their weight supported by the walker or something like that), but I'm tempted to get one and just keep the brakes on it so that he can sit in the kitchen with me and play.  It's hard because he can't sit up or crawl yet, so he gets frustrated lying on the floor all the time.

Anyway, must go to bed.  Sending lots of sleepy vibes to you all.

Kath

#56 Guest_**Slappy**_*

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:41 PM

Well Bridget has been awake in her cot now for 2 hours  <_< I just cannot get her off to sleep! She has had hugs, a bottle, bonjela she just seems to want to play. I hope she goes to sleep soon, I am tired and want to go to bed...

#57 Nephnie

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:53 PM

Hey girls!
1DPO!!!  WOohoO!! Tesing date is the 2nd Feb!!

Catch you all tomorrow!!
Steph.

#58 ~ZiggyStardust~

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:03 PM

Hi all

Steph - BFP vibes coming your way... Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhiannon - hope Bridget is asleep - sending sleepy vibes your way cause Jacks' been crashed for a while now...

Kath - thanks for the info on the straw, I'm going to get Jack one or something similar, he has handles on his bottles, that I use, and he feeds himself.  LOL about Josh getting his hair done at the hairdressers, are some people stoopid or what  wacko.gif  LOL!!!  I'm worried about getting Jack's hair cut too, it's all long on top, but not much other than fluff anywhere else..

What's the go with EB tonight???? I tried for ages to get on earlier, left it, packed up notebook and put it in bag, but I've been watching telly all night blush.gif  and I thought, I'll give it one more go before I go to bed, I'm always up late Wednesdays, cause now I don't work till Sat morning, I don't worry about getting up and going to work... ph34r.gif

Does anyone watch 'Teachers' on ABC, its English, bloody weird, but great, it's on so damn late too, but I have to watch it...

Rhiannon - glad you got to have a drinky drink tonight, I didn't drink for ages after I had Jack, and the first time I did, I had one wine, and had head spins, LOL, not what I'm used to....

Anyways, should really go to bed soon......

Sleepy vibes to all bubbies...

Chels cool.gif

Edited by Chels13, 17 January 2007 - 11:05 PM.

#59 YouAreMySunshine

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:09 AM

Hi All

[font=Times New Roman]I too am a May Mummy. My beautiful daughter is now 8 mths and was born on 5th May 2006. How fast they grow, time has gone soooooo quickly. What a joy it is too be a mum, I love it.

I hope all your bubs are sleeping and feeding well. rolleyes.gif

#60 2littletigers

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:20 AM

I wrote a post last night and then was unable to post it so I saved it and here it is... It is very much written in the "last night" tense but I'm sure that won't be too much of a problem  happy.gif

Hi all,

It's been a couple of days since I was here and once again I'm amazed at how fast things move. It's taken me nearly an hour to catch up on the news! I've had my mum here and it's not really good form to be sitting on here on and off through out the day when the house looks like a hurricane has been through it.  tongue.gif The unfortunate thing she will be here for the rest of the week so my EB is going to be slightly restricted.  glare.gif It's nice having her around but let's be real about this... There is only so much restricted EB time a mum can take!  tongue.gif

Anyway, welcome to the newbies! That makes me sound like I've been here forever...  biggrin.gif  Truth be known, I think it's been all of about a week...  biggrin.gif  It looks as though you all have fitted right on in here. The other mums here are lovely and really helpful so I hope you enjoy your time here.

Renee - I have a Canon 400d too. I have had it for about 3 months or so and I LOVE it. I used to have a little cheapy Olympus which, at the time I thought did a reasonable job but I cannot believe how fantastic the canon is. It won't take you long to work out how to use it. It's a perfect excuse to spend time taking pics of your little one!  Tounge1.gif

WCA - 4 hours!!! Wow!!! I'd consider Gracie a pretty good sleeper but I don't think she has ever slept that long!

Rhiannon - I just want to echo what the others have said... Love your sig! I checked out the website of the photographer (forgotten the name) the other day and they do gorgeous stuff!!! Glad you were able to have some done of your girls. I bet the rest were just as gorgeous!

Shari - It's a little delayed now but I just wanted to say how cute Milly is! She so lovely and looks like such a little cheeky bug!  tongue.gif  

Erin - I would be so annoyed if someone did that to me! I hate it when people don't follow through on their word and then to not even let you know!!! he sounds like a total loser!

I think I may have said this before but I can't believe so many bubs are crawling and that there are babies here standing up. Gracie is still doing the rocking on all fours but is yet to realise that by moving her hands and knees she can move. That being said she is getting pretty quick with commando crawling! She also is nowhere near standing.

Thanks to those mums who responded to my formula question. I can't remember who it was now but there was someone who informed me that I could get S26 in small sachets. Well I found some in the shop and tried Gracie on it today and she seemed to really like it. Hmmmm...  wacko.gif  The problem is I have really mixed emotions about it. One part of me is really excited cause breastfeeding her has been a real pain in the butt but there's this other part of me that's really sad and sorry that she's taken to this formula so easily. I've been trying to work out why that is and I really don't know why. I'm also in two minds whether to continue her on formula. She doesn't really need it. I still have plenty of milk it just a convenience thing. It seems so silly and probably an obvious decision but it's a real dilemma!

Anyway, now that I've got some of that off my chest I should probably sign off and go to bed.

Happy sleeps,

Natalie

PS I'm sure you've all read about little Ashleigh. I was reading through our other thread and Chloes-ma said how much she loves her little one. You're so right Chloes-ma!! I know exactly what you mean. Anyway, I can't get Ashleigh's story out of my head. I feel so intensely sad for her mum and dad and extended family. I can't imagine the pain of falling so much in love with a child only to have it taken from me within in a couple of months. It seems so senseless... Anyway, I don't really know why I wrote that. I guess I just needed to get that out too and say how deeply thankful I am to have two happy, healthy children.

Anyway, that's all for today. I hope to see you tomorrow.

N

#61 mummy~2~two

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:23 AM

Morning All,

Another good night here last night. Cheslea seems to have dropped the dream feed and her mid morning feed all in a matter of days. Now she is onto 3 feeds. 6:30am, (when she wakes up) 12:30 - 1pm (just before her afternoon sleep) and at 6:45pm. (just before bed)

Now I am sure there were a few QOTD that I hadn't answered.

QOTD re : Lunch
Chelsea currently has only one meat meal a day and that is currently lunch time. I figure it gives her body more time to process it before she is in bed. She has mixed cereal and fruit for breaky (plus we tried a finger of toast today). Meat and veg followed by fruit for lunch and then for dinner she has mixed veg (sometimes with pasta) and then fruit. She has alot of fruit because her bowels are really slow and can have trouble pooing at times. She alsway has prunes with her breaky and sometimes twice a day if she hasn't been to the loo in a few days.

QOTD re naps
Chelsea has been only having 2 naps for some time. She normally goes down for her first nap about 2 hours after she woke up from her night time sleep. That would normally be for about 1 1/2 hours then it's up for playtime. Depending on how early her first nap was, she would normally be back in bed by 1pm for another 1 1/2-2 hours. The only time she would have 3 naps would be if we had been out in the day time and she hadn't had enough sleep. Then I would try to put her down at 4pm but we always wake her at 5pm. Though her body must know as she normally wakes up at like a minute to 5 anyway.

Kath- I'm not a big fan of walkers either but I have borrowed something similar from my sister. It's called a Take Along Hop and Pop. It looks like a walker but it has no wheels. It just does a slight bounce and it has things for them to play with and it play music.

Here is the link

Hop and Pop

Chelsea really likes it and is slowly starting to bop!!

Ok sounds like Chelsea is asleep so I shall go and check and then I have to jump in the shower.

I'm sure I will be back later.

I can't belive how quiet it is in here.

Oh, Welcome toeternity!

Mer

#62 ellacy

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:38 AM

Good morning,

Ella did it again - slept from 7pm - 6:30am! DH got up to her once but only because she was in some weird position in her cot and couldnt get comfy.
But I have been up since 5:30am... DH had left for work and the dogs were barking like mad so i got up and turned the back light on - always shuts them up. On my way back to bed I thought Id have a toilet stop, anyway as i go to step into the ensuite i saw a dark patch on the floor where i was about to step. It was semi light as the sun was trying to come out. I turn on the light and its another huntsman... i felt like i was gonna be sick cause i nearly stood on it!!!! My nanna always said that they come in 2's and i have always found that to be true, so since yesterday ive been waiting for the spiders "friend".. i run get the flyspray and killed it. By then it was just after 6 and i couldnt get back to sleep then ella woke.
This may sound stupid to some of you but I am absolutely petrified of spiders! And huntsmans are so bloody big! I cant even bring myself to pick them up once they are dead, although now Ella is crawling i wont be able to leave them dead somewhere till DH gets home...
Sorry that was a ramble, im still abit frazzled - can you tell?? biggrin.gif

Rach - I think I have a serious mental problem with spiders now and think i too need to talk to someone. I cant walk into a room without checking first and i tell you what there is no way im walking around in the dark ever again!

I'll BBL for personals, have to put Ella down for her nap. She is cracking it big time!

Edited by kristies80, 18 January 2007 - 07:39 AM.

#63 chloeandmaddison

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:08 AM

Kristie I hear you on the spider thing. I am so scared of spiders. When I was little my grandmother as bitten by a redback spider that had crawled into her bed between the sheets. Ever since I have had to check the sheets before going to be everynight. DH still shakes his head at me but it's something that really scared me as a child as she was living with us at the time and I remember being woken in the middle of the night to go take grandma to the hospital. After that she checked the sheets every night and so do I.

since Chloe's been born I've be better at getting rid of spiders/creepy crawlings etc... but any spider larger than a 20c piece freaks me out.

Anyway I'll bbl for personals. I'm going to breaky with a friend while DH watches bub before he goes to work. original.gif

#64 2littletigers

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:09 AM

Ooooohhhh... Kristie I also HATE spiders - especially huntsman! It makes my skin crawl just thinking of them. I once nearly climbed out of a moving car window cause there was one in the car and I couldn't get away from it. Thankfully the driver pulled over before I fell out (I was already up to my waist out of the window).  tongue.gif  Funny in hindsight but at the time terror just takes over!

Another time I was driving and there was one in the car so I pulled over, got out and walked home (about 6 km) to get dad to get it out of the car.  tongue.gif

I think you are very brave even getting close enough to spray it with flyspray.

Hooray also for your little Ella! That's marvellous!!! A pity you couldn't make the most of it though!

Also sounds like Chelsea is setting up a better pattern, Mers. fingers crossed they keep on!

BBL

Natalie

#65 HairyMaclary

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:27 AM

Kristie - I can't stand spiders either.  Whenever there is one in the house DH and I end up having the same argument.  I yell at him "Just get rid of it!" and he says "No, it's fine.  It'll catch all the insects" and I reply "I'd rather have insects than a spider!".  When we were in our old house there was a spider on the staircase bannister one morning.  DH saw it when he went down for breakfast but he left it there so that he could hear me scream  mad.gif .  I hate spiders!!!

Mers - Thanks for the info on the Hop and Pop.  That's exactly what I'm after.  I'm sure the physio wouldn't approve, but it technically isn't a walker so if she asks again if we have a walker I can still say no  wink.gif .

Natalie - I keep thinking about little Ashleigh too.  Josh woke at 2.30 this morning (which is very unusual) and as I was cuddling him I kept reminding myself of all of the mothers like Ashleigh's mum who have lost babies and I think about how much they would love to be sitting up at 2.30am cuddling their baby.  It helps to keep things in perspective when we're having a bad night (not that one wake-up is really a bad night).

toeternity - Hello and welcome!  Your daughter was born on my DH's birthday!

Erin - Grrrr  mad.gif .  Can't wait to hear his excuse.

Rhiannon - Did Bridget end up going to sleep for you?

Well, I think I need to go and change Mr Stinky Bottom.  Hope everyone has a great day.

Kath

#66 Guest_DBear_*

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:28 AM

Good Morning

QOTD1
Oliver is having two daysleeps ATM( I say that as it often seems to change). I think though that he won't go back to three just because he's getting older. The time the second one ends varies unfortunately but usually he is up at the latest by 330pm/4pm. Although the other day he did sleep until 5pm but that was very rare. He really isn't consistent as sometimes he wakes at 2pm and then it's a very long afternoon.

QOTD2
I am looking for lunch ideas too with Oliver going off to childcare soon. We have really only just "mastered" solids so I am not much help with this question sorry.

Britt
I like the name Walter for your new pet.

Anni
I PMSL at you and your friend weighing your boobs. That is pretty funny.

Erin
Sorry to hear Mick didn't turn up or contact you. It'll be interesting to hear his excuse.

Chels
I'll be studying teaching. It'll be a new thing for me although I was an ESL teacher but you don't have to be a qualified teacher to do that. You just need some kind of qualification that allows you to teach English to non native speakers. That's great that you have lost your goal of 3kg in the month. Keep up the good work.

Rhiannon
I agree formula is stinky. You should smell the formula Oliver is on now. It must take the cake for the stinkiest one. After three months of being on though I am used to the smell.

I hope Bridget eventually went off to sleep for you.

Rach
That WW Chicken Caesar Salad sounded good. Do you make the dressing or buy it from the supermarket?

Kath
I'm so glad you got to go to pilates. Josh sounds like a little monkey turning on the charm for the childcare lady.

Steph
Good luck with testing in Feb

Natalie
This thread does move fast doesn't it? I try to check in at least once a day otherwise I end up getting overwhelmed and it takes me ages to catch up. Good luck on your decision about formula. I think there is a lot of pressure out there to continue BF. I know there was for me.

Mers
It sounds like Chelsea slept through for you. Did she? That's great.

BBL for more personals

Dani

#67 ribenaberrie

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:29 AM

Just a quick update.

I told my parents last night and they were fine. I think just a bit shocked! Tounge1.gif My mum was a bit worried about the bleeding I had, which has now got me all worried again. I guess I haven't been really thinking about it and now she's brought it all back up again. sad.gif Now I am going to be worried until my next scan. *sigh*

Anyways, I am so sleepy today. Didn't get home until 10pm and still had to shower Joey and put her to sleep then I had to do her bottles and the laundry. Can't wait for Friday.

#68 ellacy

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:30 AM

Natalie - Oh i would have done the same thing. Once i was driving and reached into the compartment on the drivers door. Felt something move when i looked down there was a massive huntman in there. I just braked in the middle of the street. Lucky no cars were behind me.. somehow managed to pull over, rip up the handbrake, climb over to the passenger side and out the door. I was just standing next to the car looking at it (nearly in tears) when a car pulled over, this guy got out and is like, do you have a spider in your car (dont know how he guessed).. he opened the door, picked up the spider and then just threw it away.  I was so grateful i could have kissed him!!!!! biggrin.gif  I have also called my dad in tears when ella was first born because we had one in the house in a place i couldnt spray it, and he drove 20 minutes to come and kill it for me. I was in tears so he had no choice (DH was working an hour away!)

Chloes-ma - Oh great now Im gonna have to check my sheets every night too.... biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  (as well as the whole house!)

Erin - OMG what an a**hole! I would have thought that Mick wouldnt be doing things like that now there is another man on the scene..IYKWIM... he'd be trying to be on his best behaviour you would think. Imagine if he's like that when Cooper gets older and she understands that he was suppose to come but he didnt. Would break her little heart. You get stuck into him and make him learn he;s lesson. Prickhole!

Mers - Good on chelsea for deciding for herself. Sounds like she is in a good little routine!

Rhiannon - Hope Bridget finally went to sleep for you.

Steph - Good luck for the 2nd!

I have mothers group this morning. Havent had it since b4 xmas cause a few of the mums were going away etc so we had a break. And we;ve changed it from the arvo till morning so hopefully that works in better with Ella. She is asleep at the moment so fingers crossed. Speaking of which, i better go get myself ready.

ETA: Jackie Im glad your parents were fine. Sorry your mum has made you feel worried again. Positive vibes going your way. Tell your DH to get off his butt and make the bottles cause you're pg, busy & tired..lol..

Edited by kristies80, 18 January 2007 - 08:33 AM.

#69 Guest_**Slappy**_*

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:30 AM

Morning All,

I want to know where you get a baby that sleeps all night  unsure.gif Bridget is just getting worse and worse. Last night she didnt go to sleep until nearly midnight, then was up again 3.30 - 4.30 then awake again at 6.15. I am SO tired! I cant even move properly in the mornings for about an hour. I need to call the clinic nurse or something and have a chat, its doing my head in. She is such a good sleeper during the day, but its beyond a joke at night. She wants a drink, and a cuddle, and some bonjela every time she wakes up, and that is if she doesnt want to play!! Argh!

Spiders - I hate hate hate them. I can handle other bugs but not spiders...

Anyway... Im off to look up the SA number for sleep advice original.gif

#70 ribenaberrie

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:31 AM

Kristie - I am terrified of spiders and all insects! How scary you nearly stepped on it!  ohmy.gif I would never have been able to pick it up even if it was dead. I would probably get a broom and a scoopy thing (sorry I can't think of what they are called right now) and throw it outside.

#71 Guest_DBear_*

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:18 AM

Oh Rhiannon
I just read about your night last night. It sounded terrible. Unfortunately I dont' know where to get one of those bubs that sleeps all night although Oliver did sleep through again last night. He is really hit and miss recently so can never be sure when he'll do it IYKWIM.

Kristie
yay on Ella's sleep through.

Me
As I said to Rhiannon Oliver ended up sleeping through. I was suprised but DH told me not to get excited as I may jinx it.

We are off the the paedidatrician for a follow up appointment for Oliver's excema in October. I am going to ask for a referral to a allergist/immunologist to get Oliver tested as certain foods are causing his skin to flare up. The problem is I am not 100% sure exactly what food it is.

Dani

#72 Nephnie

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:27 AM

Oh... ANother one with a BAD night... Mikayla's NEARLY cut her first tooth.  I can feel the serations under the gum, it's just got to cut.  Poor love is in sooo much pain.  She was up at 11.30pm and wouldn't go to sleep until 1am.  DH said to get her up, but I yelled at him that I was not going to let her play, it's night time!  Hee hee... I was a little moody if you couldn't guess.

She kept falling asleep, only to wake up 5 minutes later coz of her teeth.  I only gave her a half dose of panadol last night thinking that might take the edge off.  I'll just give a full dose in future.  After 1 1/2hours, I ended up closing her door and our bedroom door so I couldn't hear her.  And guess what?  She fell asleep...

THen she woke up at 6am.  By 6.30, I went into our bedroom and kicked DH out.  I told him I'll get up just before he goes to work.  SO I got another 45 minutes in bed.

I'll be back in a minute.  Miky's grizzling.  Better go fetch the bonjella!
Steph.

#73 Nephnie

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:39 AM

MIKY CUT HER FIRST TOOTH!!! Literally since I last posted a few minutes ago!! I went in to put bonjella on and I can feel it!!

It wasn't there when I gave her her breakfast!
Yay!!
Steph.

#74 Guest_DBear_*

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:41 AM

Steph
That's great about Miky's tooth. I hope now she wont' be in anymore pain. It's funny how one minute they don't have it and it can appear the next. The same happened when Oliver got his first tooth.

#75 ~Rebekah~

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:48 AM

Morning girls original.gif

We had an ok night.  Cooper stired a few times before midnight but nothing a little bonjella couldn't fix.  He came into bed with us about 5.30 and we got a nice sleep in till about 8am which was lovely.  Now I am all out of sorts though because I haven't been for my long walk.  I think I might get on the treadmill while Cooper is having his nap.

I have a G/F coming over this morning with her new little bub who is only 3 weeks old.  She is interesting in converting to fitted cloth nappies so I am going to go through everything with her.  I was naughty again last night and bought two more bubblebubs YAY  tongue.gif

Apart from that I have lots of housework to catch up on today so I am going to try and be good and only get back on this afternoon to catch up and attempt personals!!

Have a great day everyone  smile1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.