Kim

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=319467

#2 Milly Molly Mandy

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:05 PM

Gold!!!!!

#3 Guest_bubby76_*

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:07 PM

SILVER!!

Edited by bubby76, 24 January 2007 - 12:08 PM.

#4 Annabel05

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:07 PM

Silver?  Nope Bronze for me

Edited by annabelSA, 24 January 2007 - 12:07 PM.

#5 MeLFunKTioN

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:08 PM

Rusty Metal or whatever it is..

#6 Guest_bubby76_*

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:10 PM

Sorry Annabel - we posted at the same time  biggrin.gif

Went to post and the bl**dy thread got locked  wacko.gif

Tam ~ Are you anywhere near Lakeside Pakenham?  My SIL used to live in Pakenham, but has built a house and moved further out.  I think she's moved to Longwarry.  Cool that I'll be 15 mins from you.  When we move, I'll be hounding you for a coffee  tongue.gif

Danni ~ Simonds hey!  Thanks for that, will keep that in mind.  Do you reckon you'll ever build again?

Has anyone heard how Sharon is doing??

Thanks guys for the congrats on the land!  It's a big step for us as far as getting our independence is concerned.  I'm looking forward to cutting the umbilical cord that joins Robert to his mum!  We told his family last night that we had locked in the land and his mum went quiet.  I know he's her baby boy, but it's time for him to spread his wings and fly!!

Nice to see that Vic has got some cool weather today.  Now all we need is more rain and we'll be set.

Got a stack of housework to do today, so I better get cracking.

#7 Purple_Gecko

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:13 PM

First page.
that will do.

Kristy
OH NO re Jayden.
Do they keep him on a list and can he get a spot through the year. would you move him is a place comes free.

#8 mel83

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:15 PM

All I get is a kick up the tush Tounge1.gif

BRB have to read the end of the last thread now.

#9 Purple_Gecko

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:22 PM

I am waiting for the kitchen guy to bring the builder so they can give a quote to spotless for my kitchen replacement.
I have already had a few dramas getting this kitchen fixed.
I will post some piccies soon

#10 Tam76

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:41 PM

Sam, Nah we aren't near lakeside, that is the other side of the hwy to us.  Can't wait for that coffee.  Tounge1.gif

#11 mel83

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:11 PM

So were they cute Syl??

#12 ~Danni~

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:33 PM

sad.gif

I hope you girls dont mind me dumping on you, but I feel so sad right now

sad.gif

All the kids at playgroup are walking except Paige and its just made me depressed

sad.gif

I was so good at playgroup, I didnt get upset at all but now that Im here by myself Im just bawling

sad.gif

I just feel so down that she is behind them all and behind all the October bubs, I know Im prolly being hard on her and myself but it hurts you know ?

sad.gif  sad.gif

#13 Bloomer

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:50 PM

Girls I am so glad to see my little family has such an impact on you all.  Now I seem to have a sore throat and headache..  voice croaky and strained..  SORRY sad.gif  sad.gif

Danni  Please don't compare Paige!! and do not get upset  She will do everything at her own pace.  I met my old FDC mum in the shopping centre and she had her kids with her and one little girl only started walking at 19 months....  all kids are different..you have more time before the high water mark changes( the area they can reach) biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

my dad's in hospital again sad.gif   he was very tired and they think he has a slow leak somewhere in his body, they have given him extra blood and are looking for the leak..  they are going to review all his medication.  So we will see.

#14 Purple_Gecko

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:21 PM

Danni
I know you have heard it before but you cant compare. It is silly to be upset about that as she is doing so well for her age.

Kitchen people have been
I will be without a kitchen for a week and it should happen in 4 weeks or so.

I have a question.
How many of you will be getting the Chicken Pox needle for their babies?

Cathy
OH NO re your dad.

#15 ~Danni~

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:21 PM

Cathy & Syl~ Thanks for making me snap out of it! Yes she is doing brilliantly but you know me, I want the best for her blush.gif

Chicken Pox needle~ Yes Paige will be getting that one! Ive seen how nasty chicken pox can be ( I was 25 when I got it) but it can be very bad so why not?

#16 Tam76

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:24 PM

Danni, Please don't compare Paige.  She is doing so well.  I know I would rather Nic not be walking some of the time  wacko.gif   It isn't neccesarily because she has DS that she isn't walking yet, I too know of a little boy that didn't walk till he was 19 months.  If you want to chat, grab me on msn, I will be here for a while.  It is perfectly natural to be upset and please feel free to "dump" on us, to use your words.

#17 jacybelle

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:34 PM

Danni - Jacynda didnt walk until 15 months, and Isabel learnt faster off her. Please dont compare her, she will do it in her own time. Then you will know yourself!! wink.gif

Syl - How are you going to go without a kitchen for a week??

Chicken Pox Needle - I am getting it for belle, is there a negative to it?

Cathy - Sending well wishes for your dad.

#18 Bloomer

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:35 PM

Chicken pox yes(at 2) - Grace had the needle  Neighbours little girl was in intensive care with chicken pox before she was 2, she is now 3 and the scars on her chest are still very very noticeable..

#19 Purple_Gecko

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:37 PM

Danni
Here is a chart I found online.
Milestone Average age of accomplishment (in months)

Smiling       DS 2    NoDS  1
Rolling over  DS 8    NoDS  5
Sitting alone DS 10   NoDS  7
Crawling      DS 12   NoDS  8
Standing      DS 20   NoDS  11
Walking       DS 24   NoDS  13
Talking       DS 16   NoDS  10

Edited by Purple_Gecko, 24 January 2007 - 02:42 PM.

#20 mel83

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:39 PM

Oh Danni,

I know its hard and I know EXACTLY how you are feeling!!! Do you know when she should be reaching milestones with DS? She isn't that far behind babe and she is doing really well. She is only 15 months old and yes some babies do not walk until well after 18 months. Lachlan never walked until 17 months. Emma was 16 months.

She will get there babe, I know of some babies born around the same time as lach (yes premmie) who stilla ren't walking either. they will do it in there own time, and you won't know what hit you when she starts.

Keep your chin up and vent all you like happy.gif

CP needle- I'm not sure if Lach gets it. I think he gets it free actually so will ask when he has his 12 month ones (yes I still haven't done it).

Cathy- Sorry to hear about your dad hun. hugs to you xx

Danni- That chart Syl has got is good, it says that the average age for walking is 24 months, so if she is standing and cruisng furniture (well sort of) then thats great!!!!!

#21 Purple_Gecko

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:44 PM

Mel
It is at 18 months and they have to have it to qualify for the immunuisation payment.

#22 mel83

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:45 PM

Is it free now?

#23 zia

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:53 PM

Danni - Everyone has already said exactly what i was thinking. Please try not to be so down about these things, it's important to appreciate every day with your bubba, what she is or isn't doing is so not important in the scheme of things.
The info Syl posted that she found online was interesting too (and hopefully of some reassurance), do you have the link Syl?

Cathy - sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope they can figure out what's happening and fix it.

Chicken Pox - I won't be vaccinating against it. There is no evidence that by immunising against it in babies that immunity will continue into adulthood (which like Danni said is the much worse time to have it!), so I will be allowing nature to take it's course. After all, it's only chicken pox....
I've also decided not to immunise myself (I've had blood tests to confirm that I have never had CP), mainly because I think my body has done a good job preventing it so far. As a teen, I even looked after my brother and father while they had CP as Mum thought i had had it as a child, and I still didn't get it.
I'm expecting that I'll be in a minority with this opinion, but I should point out that I am pro vaccination for other *serious* illnesses (even if Claire is a bit late for her needles  Tounge1.gif )

Immunisation Payment - They don't *have* to have the CP needle to qualify for the payment, your doctor can complete a form if you don't want it, and it wont affect your payment.

#24 mel83

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:58 PM

Just looking at Lachlans immunisation schedule and the varicella isn't a free one, so its not one they have to have. Phew, I will have to check it out though cause he does get some of them free.

#25 jacybelle

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:07 PM

mel - Thanks for those emails last night. LMAO laugh.gif

CP - I have never had it but have witnessed kids with it, not something I would like to go through so thats why I am of the opinion that isabel will get it.

Kim - Everyone has a right to immunise or not.

Edited by jacybelle, 24 January 2007 - 03:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.