October 05 Parents #205

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
382 replies to this topic

#26 zia

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (jacybelle)
Everyone has a right to immunise or not.
Of course!  wacko.gif

#27 mel83

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:12 PM

Kim- I do agree to a certain extent. I don't see the point in immusing us or the kdis cause we have been exposed to it and never had it. As for Lach, well I think with him the risks out weigh everything else so I would like to get it for him. Does that make sense?????

#28 zia

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:19 PM

Gosh, I definitely wasn't asking anyone to agree with me  Tounge1.gif  I was just answering Syl's question about whether I was going to give my children the CP needle, and giving an explanation  biggrin.gif

#29 jacybelle

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:30 PM

Kim - I was just agreeing with you!! I said everyone has the right to immunise or not, as its a personal choice. I was not having a go at anyone. Sorry if I offended you or anyone here.

#30 ~Danni~

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:30 PM

Can I ask a very TMI question about CM???? blush.gif  Okay, Ive had copius amounts of CM this cycle and this morning I had EWCM but this arvo Im not feeling anything like that. blush.gif  Does that mean Ive missed my O???? I dunno, Im baffled! Syl, Meliss, youre our experts can you shed some light for me? I dont wanna post in the TTC forum cos I feel like an egg head laugh.gif

#31 Annabel05

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:32 PM

what about the MMR jab Kim, did you do that?

Just out of interest, not trying to stir.

#32 SimplySweet

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:45 PM

Man you are hard to keep up with and I dont have time now as I have cricket in 20mins and its a 4 hr game  wacko.gif

Wont be home until at least 9.30pm and after starting at 8am not really in mood, hehe

Had Thomas's app today too so will fill you in

Syl, Yes he has to wait for a place and the moment he has one I will change him.

CP immunisation, No Alyssa or any of mine will not be having it, I may consider Brett as he is entering teen years. I will have his blood checked first.

Danni,   I know friends with kids who havent walked until 16-18mths. I know its hard but you cant compare her, you have to stop doing that as hard as it is as she isnt the same and she will never be sweety. Be proud of what she has and is achieving. She is doing so well. My friends son took yrs to do things that she wished he did earlier but its not to be so you cant concentrate on what they aren't doing bur more on what they are doing. He is finally speaking a bit more clearer now. They came to visit last friday and he is 10. But man is she proud of him. You have to be of Paige, the photos you share, you have one gorgeous happy little girl who will walk when she is good and ready!!!
But remember she will walk!!!

Gotta go

#33 Tam76

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:45 PM

Danni, I'm no expert on CM but I had a huge amount the month that we conceived this time.  Lol I didn't know that had anything to do with it at the time.  blush.gif   We BDed that night though and look at the result we got.  wink.gif

#34 Purple_Gecko

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:05 PM

I will have the CP needle and yes it is free Mel.
After bens reaction to the chicken pox I dont ever want to go through that again.
He had green scabs the size of 5c pieces and they took weeks to heal so he missed heaps of school.
If he had suffered like the others did i wouldnt care but he has nasty scars and was a very very sick little boy.

Danni
If there is no CM anymore it means you probably have ovulated but get that BD in today just in case woman.

#35 Annabel05

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:07 PM

Danni I think all the girls have answered for you, nothing I can really add. They all do things at different times anyway, and like Syls chart shows, Paige may do things a lttle later, but shes doing great and you should be proud of her and yourself. I have no idea about the CM question, sorry can't help there.

Kristy Hello, sorry you didn't have a good start to the day.

CP vaccine  yes I probably will do. I got Chloe done while I was pg. There were a few kids at her DC that had it and thought it would be safer for bubs inside. Saw too many horrible pics on eb I think it was.

Ok my neck is very sore now. Think I have been at the laptop too long today!!!

#36 zia

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:16 PM

Annabel - She hasn't had the MMR one *yet*, I decided to postpone most of Claire's vax's until she got a bit bigger (she'll probably be getting some jabs soon though!)

I had ambitions of doing heaps of housework this afternoon, and it hasn't happened  glare.gif  I've got a lady coming tomorrow to do the bathrooms and vacuum and mop, but the floors will have to be clear first ohmy.gif  The lady comes as part of DH's office cleaning package, so it is handy to have her!!

edited to fix something stupid!

Edited by lovz, 24 January 2007 - 04:24 PM.

#37 Annabel05

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:27 PM

Does anyone remember what date Caroline comes back? I am missing the Yorkshire Lass!!

#38 Milly Molly Mandy

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:43 PM

Danni jump DH bones tonight, sounds like good timing to me.

CP I will definately get Eamon jabbed, I take any needle on offer. I had CP really bad as a baby, mum said there was not a spot on my body that wasn't covered, in my mouth, ears nose. Apparently I was a very very sick little girl. As a result I got shingles very young, I was only 7 and the dr said he had never seen anyone so young get it. Luckily it was only minor though.

I just wanna say I have done NOTHING all day

C

#39 Annabel05

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:45 PM

I would also like to add that

I too have done nothing all day!!

#40 Tam76

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:58 PM

I did a few things earlier but not much in the last hour or two.  blush.gif  
I do want to say that atm all the men in my family are asleep, Yay!!!! biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

#41 mel83

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:58 PM

Ok I third Celeste Tounge1.gif

But I have vacuumed, done washing, dne the dishes and generally tidied up. But I still feel like I have sat here all day laugh.gif

Danni- Sorry hun, I have no idea on all the TTC stuff. All I say is jump his bones the minute he gets home lol.

#42 K~and~A~plus~7

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:05 PM

Thanks for chat last night and today ladies...sorry I had to leave but Jack was being super feral LOL

Cathy, oh no about your Dad...and sorry to hear you are feeling sick.

Chicken Pox - no needle here. My 4 girls had it just before Jack was born and I am more than happy for him to gain natural immunity from it....the girls all had a blood test so I know for sure that they are immune.

Danni, agree with the others...please don't compare her to anyone else. I also know of a little girl who bum shuffled until 19  months and then just got up and walked. It isn't as uncommon as people seem to think for these babies to take a bit longer to walk.

LOL I got lots done today!

#43 Milly Molly Mandy

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:06 PM

OK here is a question for everyone

Is there any room in your house which doesn't have any evidence that children live there. Excluding photots.

Me - NO they seem to infiltrate everything, there are even books and toys by our bed for those early mornings.

C

#44 jacybelle

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:07 PM

Any hints to get belle to eat?? she wont eat anything unless its choc biscuits, ice cream, etc. I have tried since yesterday morning and shes refusing everything. Will she eat when shes hungry??

Celeste - No, we are the same. Toys/books/everywhere they go they leave evidence tongue.gif

Edited by jacybelle, 24 January 2007 - 05:08 PM.

#45 K~and~A~plus~7

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:08 PM

The toilet is free from child stuff LOL

Edited by JackandGirls, 24 January 2007 - 05:09 PM.

#46 mel83

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:11 PM

Nope not even my toilet!! It has toilet seats and potties in it Tounge1.gif

#47 Milly Molly Mandy

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:13 PM

We dont have a separate toilet but even if we did there would be a toilet seat and a potty

C

#48 K~and~A~plus~7

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:14 PM

I am a mean nasty Mum and they went right to the big toilet with no seats or anything

Amanda...see above i am the mean Mum and basically she will eat when she is hungry. My kids know this isnt a restaurant and they either eat what is for our meal or they can go hungry. Funnily enough they never go hungry...

#49 Bloomer

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:16 PM

Annabel I remember thinking Caroline was coming back about now..

I have question those with older kids how much are you paying for Preschool (9 til 3)  I was chatting with a few mums in the area and it is so varied..  Of course I pay the most..  they put it up from $25..to $45 this year I was so disappointed..  the doco says $34 so $11 for some reason, I think there is some money they are waiting for from the government.

#50 jacybelle

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:21 PM

Cathy - We pay $24 a day (full payment) - we provide everything for morning tea/lunch. Also an $11 maintenance fee at beginning of each term. Wow thats a huge jump!! If that happens she wont be going for 2 days anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.