October 05 Parents #207

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

#151 1girl1boy

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:54 AM

Mel Emma looks so cute, Does Zach start next year???

Amanda yep the mother needed a severe talking to as she thought it was funny, she encouraged him to bite at home as she used to laugh when he did it, she isn't laughing now that all the other paretnts are angry with her.   We aren't meant to know what child it is due to privacy stuff but she left the notes all round the place and laughed about it so we all knew, if it was me I would be so embarrassed and apologetic to the other parents.

Tammy dont' get scared off CC cause of this, it's an extreme case.

Syl do you think he will come through on his own???? I know mine won't so will give him a huge list of what I want to do and would like as  a gift and see what happens, didn't work for xmas though, didn't get me anything off my list adn I made it sooo easy for him.

think I might go home soon, have done my 8 hours for the day

#152 mel83

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:04 PM

Thankyou, even with hat hair she looked cute  Tounge1.gif Yeah Zach will go to kindy next year. He can't wait and was certain he was going with her today lol.

Amanda- Not sure how she went, she was fine when I left, will be leaving in about 30 minutes to go get her.

#153 Tam76

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:05 PM

Kylie, Nope, won't scare me off cc.  Corey went through a biting stage a couple of months after Nicholas was born and it was horrible!  I can't believe a mother would find it funny.  I was horrified and we didn't go anywhere for quite some time.  I even re-introduced the dummy as if he had that in his mouth he couldn't bite.  blush.gif   Thankfully for us it only happened a handful of times and I was so glad when he was past it.  I guess for him it was a way of getting attention.

#154 My Four Boys

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:31 PM

Meliss- She is a pure bred but we aren't opting for papers as we don't want to breed and she will be desexed as soon as she is old enough. We will be paying $300 for her if we decide to go with the border collie ( which i really think we will after reading the comments from you guys). I do have a photo from last week when we went and picked her. She was 6 weeks in this photo but we won't get her till this weekend so she will be over 7 weeks then. She has been vet checked and wormed and vaccinated. Is there anything else we should do?

Edited to add photos

These were taken last friday when we went to have a look. This is the pup the boys fell in love with.

Edited by My Four Boys, 31 January 2007 - 12:45 PM.

#155 ~Danni~

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:05 PM

Meliss/Celeste/Tam~ thanks for your opinions. Am not gonna jump the gun here and Im not testing until AF is due or late, Im not gonna cave in to testing early as its a waste of money and tests IMO...easy does it laugh.gif I really dont see the point in testing so early, but thats just me original.gif

Mel~ What gorgeous pics of the kids in their uniforms happy.gif

Fiona~ What a gorgeous puppy happy.gif

Ill back later as I gotta prep tea

#156 My Four Boys

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:13 PM

Mel- Emma looks so grown up in her school uniform. You must be so proud.

Danni- my fingers are crossed for you.

#157 Milly Molly Mandy

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:19 PM

Oh Mel she is soooo cute, and her hair looks fine.

Fiona what a lovely little puppy, I want him (and I'm not a dog person)

Swimming went really well. Eamon just loved it, was laughing the whole time. Sean was perfect, he sat on the step in the water and the teacher used him to show what we should do with the babies and then he would swim back to the step. At the end he swam with us and it was so nice. All the other mums were commenting on how well behaved he was. They obviously havent heard about the devil child.

I'm going to change to an earlier class, this one was at 12.30 so right in the middle of sleep time, and all the bubs were 10 months old. I'm changing to 8.30 which means I will have Sean with us for all the lessons then will take him to preschool afterwards. We will see how it goes next week

C

#158 jacybelle

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:20 PM

mel - forgot the time diff.  rolleyes.gif

fiona - oh what a cutie!! cool.gif

#159 MeLFunKTioN

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:25 PM

Fiona:
She is beautiful ! So the parents have papers ?? i'm just interested in the bloodlines thats all.. Amanda and I are both Border Collie people and can tell which lines to stay away from (health problems). I know you don't want to breed etc.. but it is important that you at least get a dog that has good health. A vet check wouldn't pick up the genetic health problems they can have that's all... there are certain lines to avoid. If you want some reassurance see if they can tell you what the SIRE (dad) and DAM (mum)'s registered names are. Do you know the name of the people breeding ? or their kennel name (ie: Mine is MIOCANE). She has nice markings although not traditional original.gif

#160 My Four Boys

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:25 PM

Oh Amanda.. I see you are moving up our way! Cool... We haven't been to Mackay for about a year but it's a lovely place. I have heard that it is expensive to live there though and there is an extreme housing shortage.

It will be great as maybe next time Cathy comes up we can all get together.

Meliss- I'll see what I can find out on the weekend.Yeah I know they aren't the traditional markings.. most of the pups did have the markings and I think thats why the boys fell in love with her

Edited by My Four Boys, 31 January 2007 - 01:29 PM.

#161 jacybelle

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:30 PM

Thanks Fiona, a meetup would be great! tongue.gif

Yep not sure what area, may even be out of Mackay but will be around there. Yes houses are $$$ but the rent is amazing if you are buying as investment, which is what will happen once we have finished.

ETA - We are not a big fan of a lot of white in the face, but she is cute. All ours have traditional marklings except 1 puppy we still have, he's black with a white diamond on his face - above the nose.

Edited by jacybelle, 31 January 2007 - 01:32 PM.

#162 MeLFunKTioN

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:34 PM

Fiona:
You'll have to come up in March when Danni comes to visit Tounge1.gif By the way... Maybe you need 2 dogs !! hahahah get the 2nd from me Tounge1.gif Yup i like the pups that are a bit different. We actually had a pup from when mum and dads dog had a litter that looked VERY similar to that one ! Was a boy .. named him 'Checker' as he almost looked like a chess board with white and black patches around his collar.

#163 Bloomer

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:40 PM

We hope to be in Tville July august must find out graces holiday times..looks like beginning of July but we will see, have to leave everything until last minute with us.  To see where DH is, If he is away I might go for longer, but he loves it up there and hate missing out.

Fiona cute puppy, yes not an animal person but nearly convinces me.

I suppose I should get my act together and find some swimming classes. The one I rang was 16 weeks that sounds like such a long time.

#164 My Four Boys

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:40 PM

Meliss- When is she coming? I'd love to come up..Lol on a pup from you. I don't think the boys can wait that long for one. I'd love 2 but I don't think DH will agree  sad.gif .

Cathy- It will be great to see you again.

Edited by My Four Boys, 31 January 2007 - 01:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.