October 05 Parents #207

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

#51 Bloomer

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:24 PM

yes Mel usual for me, I have trouble sleeping when DH is away and because he is away if my mind wanders I can just get up.. Last night Grace found her way into my bed as she had sore legs again.  I am not sure if she is real or not..  I probably should take note and take her to the doctor to see if it is anything other than growing pains.

Need to clean the floors and go to bed.. night all

#52 KylieToo

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:26 PM

Ok what about now!!!!

Still havent heard anything from the real estate so I dont quite know what to think. I dont know if it is different as they have gone broke or what the go is. I dont want to hound them incase it works against us!!!
This is all too hard.

#53 SummerIsMe

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:52 PM

CONGRATULATIONS ALI AND BEN!

WELCOME BACK CAROLINE, ALEX & OSCAR!

Sometimes it gets overwhelming when you have soooo many posts to catch up on.  No-one in their right minds could remember everything to reply to and quite frankly I am so tired now I don't think I'll try.

Sitting here in an almost comatose state I saw something move on the tiles in front of me - we have a mouse in the house.  Hopefully only one.  Will set a trap before I go to bed.

Celeste I got another call from the recruiter who sweetened the prospect a little more so after long discussions with DH we decided it was too good an opportunity to pass up - so have officially applied last Friday.  They are flying me down for an i/view on Thurs, first of many I am sure.  AM NOT getting any hopes up cos I don't know if I will handle the disappointment very well at all.

Um to whoever asked, (Nat??) #5 def on hold - indefinitely.

Sam starts highschool tomorrow and I think I am more nervous than she is!  She looks so grown up with her uniform on.  Covered the last of her books today so she is all ready.  Syl I like covering too but then after doing one lot of Year 10 books you don't wanna do any more (last year).  

Adam started his apprenticeship today - getting himself up at 5.30am and making his own lunch and having breakfast before being picked up at 6.05am - seems so grown up but then is still very immature.  Hope this job and commitment helps him to grow up a bit.

Danni, sometimes lowering expectations of men and accepting them for the creatures that they are makes for a lot less disappointment and angst ... this is my 17th year of marriage (2 different men, bahahahahahaha - 1st = 10 yrs, current = in 7th year, next = ?? lol).

Tammy, 14th August is a great due date (MY birthday, ner ner Cathy), so you'd better have this one then!  Hey who wants to take bets on the delivery date?  They did that for me at work from the beginning AND I WON!! I predicted 21 days early and bingo, to the day!  I won about $80

Oh, almost forgot, Tammy you are lucky the boys were being watched!  Gave me a wake up call tho - these things happen so innocently and quickly it is really scary.  Will be going through Riley's toys tomorrow.  Hope your nerves have settled.

I have picked up about 4 weeks f/t work (majority from home) so forgive me for sporadic posting.

We went to our property on the river over the weekend and boy oh boy what a weekend.  Took some video footage of the place to show you so when I get a chance in the near future I will put it on PB and post the link.

Hello to everyone and will catch up soon.

Let's organise another Syd girls night out - Korrine will you be up to it?  Celeste, will you travel again?  Central coast girls, you could both come together maybe? Sorry all non-Syd girls, wish you could come too.

C

#54 henno

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:41 AM

Syl - what is your MSN dooby???

Deb

#55 jacybelle

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:50 AM

Morning,

Carol - Good Luck on Thursday with your job interview!!Hope Sam has a great day at High School.

Annabel - Good on you for joining WW - hope those kilos fall off  tongue.gif

mel - Oh No!! Hope Lachie and yourself feel better today  sad.gif

Sam - Rest up!! These l;ast few weeks will fly, but are also tiring.

Danni - I will agree to diagree on the cows milk.  original.gif Its the only thing that has changed. Good Luck with the genetic counselling/testing. Hope you get the result you are after. Hows the TTC going??

Sorry if I have missed you, so many to go through. That was off the top of my head  wacko.gif

Jacynda is back to preschool today YAY!!  biggrin.gif A little bit of peace.  tongue.gif

#56 Purple_Gecko

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:01 AM

Deb
My MSN dooby is purple_gecko76@hotmail.com

Carol
Hope you can be around a little more for a little while.

#57 Purple_Gecko

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:17 AM

My MSN wont turn on..
I didnt realise it had turned off last night either. freaking thing.
So the people I needed to talk to I sent you PM's except for you Fiona as you havent posted on this thread...hahahaha

#58 Bloomer

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:41 AM

Ok I feel like I am 100 TMI but coughing all morning to clear the phlegm(Isabella tries to copy me). Now waiting for the washing machine man/woman to come..   It is 8:30 and Grace is still asleep(makes up for being awake for 2 hours last night) blink.gif

Tam you must be worried with a Baby so close to Carol and My birthday!

Carol Good luck with the interview..

Sam - relax as much as you can, though I remember thinking lets just get this show on the road.

Mel - hope you are all going alright,they finally took my nieces tonsils out when she was 13, the best thing that happened to her. She was just like a new kid.

Amanda - maybe she had something with the formula

Danni - enjoy the visit today sounds interesting.(or at least pretend you love it)
Had to post before Grace woke up to make it real, Isabella sitting on couch yelling out for her.. oops she just woke up Bella is happy ( yelling gracie gracie)

Edited by cathy44, 30 January 2007 - 07:42 AM.

#59 Annabel05

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:55 AM

Good morning,

I am off to meet some fellow EBers this morning, at a park. Really should get ready!!

Carol  Good luck for Thursday, glad you are going for it, we will have to have a get together soon as you may not be around for much longer!

Danni Good luck for today. Hope it all goes well for you. Is your WW weigh in tonight?

Cathy Hope you don't have to wait all day for the washing machine to get fixed.

Have a great Day everyone. I am not sure if I will b e around for chat tonight. 24 starts tonight. Back later

#60 mel83

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:36 AM

Morning all,

Woken up all crappy again. Took the zoloft tablet last night and once again I am all shakey and very nauseous. Did it to me the last couple of times I have taken them so not sure if its something I have to ride out or if I have to change tablets sad.gif Throat is a little better today but my neck is really sore.

I apply for my course today!!!

#61 Tam76

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:52 AM

Well I have been slack the last few days and haven't posted.  Nothing much to report here except that I am 12 weeks today! Woohoo, first milestone down.  Nausea has disappeared but the tiredness hasn't.  sad.gif   I could have killed Corey yesterday, he is really testing his boundaries atm, arghh he had better be good today.
Mel, How many mg zoloft are you taking?  When my gp put me on them she made me slowly increase my dosage, I started taking 25mg for 3 days then 50mg for 3 days then 75mg for 3 days before staying on 100mg.  I never had any side effects doing it this way.  Also I was told to take it first thing in the morning or I had trouble sleeping.
Syl, I didn't get a pm, did you still want to ask me something?  I should be around a bit today.
Carol & Cathy, Yay for bubs being due around the time of your birthdays.  Nobody in my family is even in August.  Corey came on his due date and Nic was 3 days over so will be interesting to see when this bubs makes his/her appearance.

#62 My Four Boys

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:15 AM

Hi everyone. I am here. I've been reading, just not posting. I've had a lot on my mind.

Well I've no hope of catching up at all  sad.gif , so I'll just do a few

Tam- congrats on your first milestone!  Only 2 more to go

Mel- I really hope you feel better soon

Annabel- Have a great time.

Cathy- Hope you feel better too

Syl- Lol.. As I said I have been reading just not posting. I haven't felt up to it lately.

Carol- Good luck to Sam for high school. Its a big step. Hope you catch your mouse (and that its only 1 lol)

Nat- Yep its great the kids are all back at school now. Peace and quiet here now ahhh

Amanda- Hope Jacynda has a great day at preschool

Kristy- Wow you wear me out!! Hope your kids are enjoying being back at school

Danni- Good luck with the WW

Meliss- I am still interested in the information(no hurry though). I'm so sorry you lost 2 pups.. I'd love to see pictures of the rest.

Us- Well all the kids are at school and I'm loving the peace and quiet.I have been very worried for the last few days, so I am sorry for not posting.  I found a lump where it shouldn't be and I can't get into my DR till friday  sad.gif (damn doctors being booked out 2 weeks in advance). I don't think its anything to worry about but it always seems to be in the back of my mind. Sorry to be on a downer.

Well better go put Dylan to sleep. I'll be back at some stage but I will be reading.

Edited by My Four Boys, 30 January 2007 - 09:21 AM.

#63 Mouth

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:30 AM

Oh no Fiona, I'm sure it will be nothing to worry about...but best to get it checked of course, good luck on Friday.

Cathy - he is a Pisces (sp?)!

Kristy - was it you who wanted to borrow him for 6 months? Ummm - NO WAY! He's too valuable obviously!

Tam - congrats on 12 weeks. Boy time is FLYING PAST. Whhoooooosshhh

#64 mel83

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:35 AM

Tam- I did start with 25mg, I have always started with the 25mg. Everytime I feel like this. Its horrible, and honestly I think its worse than morning sickness sad.gif I took it last night so couldn't sleep all night, then when I did sleep I kept waking. Once I woke up this morning the nausea, the vomiting and the shainess hit in sad.gif

Oh Fiona, I only just read your post. Sorry to hear that. I speak from experience that it could be nothing. I have got at least 5 lumps and 1 is supposed to be getting removed. If you ever want to chat you have my MSN happy.gif

#65 jacybelle

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:48 AM

Fiona - I do hope it is nothing, that would be o worrying!! Try and stay positive  original.gif

Mel - Good Luck today!! biggrin.gif

Tam - Wow!! 12 weeks already that went so quick

#66 Annabel05

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:29 AM

Fiona  I am sure it is nothing but its good that you are geting it checked out. keep us posted.

Just got back from my meet in the park, it was a quiet one, only one other lady turned up, but the girls had agreat time running around and playing on the swings.

Imogen is now asleep and Chloe is watching a barbie movie. Quite hot today.

#67 Milly Molly Mandy

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:03 PM

Fiona hopefully the doctor gives you the all clear on Friday. I'm thinking of you.

I had tennis this morning, it all went well (apart from Sean hiding under the table and doing a poo in his undies) until it was time to go. Sean did a runner towards where the playground is. I put Eamon down and ran after him but he was faster than I thought. By the time I caught him I realised Eamon wasn't standing where I left him. By the time I got back to him he was on the road, there were no cars as it is the end of a cul de sac. But it still gave me a fright.

Great, I have two runners. Looks like I will be housebound for the next 20 years ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif  Tounge1.gif  blink.gif  wink.gif  wacko.gif

#68 Mouth

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:53 PM

Oh No Celeste you poor thing....that's gotta suck

#69 My Four Boys

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:16 PM

Thanks guys. I'm sure it's nothing but better to check.

Celeste- that would have been scary

#70 Annabel05

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:34 PM

OMG Celeste That is so scary. Yep looks like you will be housebound!!!!!

#71 Purple_Gecko

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:54 PM

Fiona
I have had 2 lumps checked. The first I was so freaked out but the second I wasnt. I hope you have the same result. My lumps are blocked ducts filled with milk...go figure considering I had so much trouble feeding.  blink.gif

Celeste
OH no...how scary

#72 henno

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:07 PM

Afternoon,

The house is looking spick and span and now i wait for Charlotte to wake up and the photographer from a local paper to arrive to do an editorial on our place.

Fiona - my thoughts will be with you on Friday, as the others said it is best to get it checked early rather than later.

Celeste - either you have to stay at home or set up a dog run for the boys around your backyard??? Can you somehow harness this endless supply of energy, like a mouse wheel thingy? Must have given you a fright and poor Eamon wouldn't understand why.

Tam - yay on 12 weeks.

Cathy - how did the washing machine repair go?

Mel - we are hoping to get an investor and stay here but if not then rent in the area for at least 12months while we build. How are you and Lachlan feeling today? On the mend i hope.

Carol - good luck for Thursday. How did Sam like high school today? Was she all excited? How was Adam after his first day?

Amanda - did you get to relax at all with Jacynda at pre-school today??

Nat - you just have to decide how much you will rent him out for and start your own busines!!!

Hi everyone else and all the anonymous users!!!!!

Wont be on chat tonight, have a dressage meeting for the comp coming up. Have a great chat and if anyone talks to Caroline ask her if she has tested again or not!!!! Or did i miss that at the end of the last thread?? Just read the last thread, ignore that, sorry Caroline.

Tam - how is Nic today?

ETA - i am back at work tomorrow, a bit scared as it is three days a week now, not two and i have my own classes again so responsibility.

Deb

Edited by henno, 30 January 2007 - 02:18 PM.

#73 jacybelle

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:23 PM

Celeste - Scary!! I agree with Deb - get a dog run, leave em there for a few hours peace LOL  tongue.gif

Deb - No rest here. Its the only chance I get to do some odd jobs  tongue.gif Belle did sleep for 2 hrs though!!

Its slow in here today . . .

Danni - Are you back yet?? How'd you go??

#74 Annabel05

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:30 PM

I am around

#75 jacybelle

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:35 PM

Hey Annabel !!  original.gif

I am so bored today. House looks tidy but plenty more to do LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.