May 06 Parents #96

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#26 adum

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:49 PM

QOTD
Zane’s had cream cheese (Philadephia spreadable), vegemite and avocado blended with cottage cheese.  I have to admit I give him peanut butter too – naughty, naughty.

#27 ***jules***

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:03 PM

Jackie - bugger that you are in pain.  Try and take it easy - as much as you can at work anyway!

Kath - I put cream cheese or Kraft Cheese spread or butter.  Sometimes I put a tiniest bit of vegemite with the cream cheese.  Also like Adum said - avocado is a good one.  I just find it easy to always keep a jar of cheese spread in the fridge.

#28 ellacy

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:04 PM

QOTD - Ella has vegemite, i know its salty but its not much.. every kid has to have vegemite i reckon! She has also had avocado, banana, cream cheese on bread.

#29 ~ZiggyStardust~

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:09 PM

QOTD - SPREADS

What Kristie said LOL, biggrin.gif  Jack has em too, and I also give him cheese slices, I think his fav is vegimite though!

BBL for personals

cool.gif

#30 ribenaberrie

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:23 PM

Dani - I see you down there! How is Oliver enjoying FDC?

#31 Guest_DBear_*

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:28 PM

Erin
Glad to read that everything's ok. I was hoping that you were just having some time out.

Rhiannon
Can't wait to see a pic of the new you. Your haircut sounds fabulous. You step sister on the other hand doesn't. She sounds like she's quite spoilt. You are right. You just don't need her drama. Glad to read you could get some more daycare for the girls.

Chels
I don't imagine Oliver will give me lots of cuddles after daycare. On his first day at the childcare centre when I came to get him he just looked at me and didn't even smile. I felt a little sad. It was almost like you left me here and now I'm going to make you pay. I hope he is a bit more excited to see me today. I am glad that he wasn't overly anxious but it would be nice if he was even a tad excited to see me. IYKWIM.

Kristie
LOL as I said to Chels last week Oliver wasn't excited to see me when I went to pick him up.  sad.gif  Great that Ella is having some good sleeps today. How is Ella when you pick her up from your Mum's? I got Oliver an Elmo Backpack from Kmart. They had 30% off them a couple of weeks ago.  Are you the only one in Melbourne? That's a pity. You should move up to Queensland. There would be heaps of us to keep you company.

Britt
That sounds like a great idea about doing the weigh in on Fridays. It means we could be a little bit bad on the weekend. LOL That's evil  wink.gif Great work on your loss.

Jules
I hope it doesn't turn out that it's the chicken pox. Fingers crossed for you.

Kath
You lucky thing with having Josh sleep for two hours. I haven't given Oliver sandwiches yet due to his gag reflex. Maybe you could try avocado. I've heard that's a good thing. My sister gives that to my nephew. He's 6 months older than our boys but has been giving it to him since he was 8 months old.

Jackie
LOL about you wanting to take off your pants.

Me
Off to get Oliver from daycare. Feel like I got hardly anything done.

Dani

#32 Guest_**Slappy**_*

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:39 PM

Forgot to say that I gained 600 grams this week  blush.gif

And I put vegemite, philly cheese, avocado and that new roasted vegetable spread on sandwiches for Bridget original.gif

And here are the photos of my new haircut... I took them myself so it doesnt do me OR the haircut a whole lot of justice (yep, I will keep telling myself that  unsure.gif ). And now I am feeling embarrased of posting photos of myself, so am going to run away from the computer as soon as they are posted  blush.gif

#33 ellacy

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:15 PM

Rhiannon -I Love the new do!! Very flattering. Definately no need to run and hide... id be out showing off to everyone..lol

Dani - Ella doesnt give two hoots when i leave her at mums. I put her down as soon as i get there and she's off! I try to give her a kiss goodbye and she tries to push me away!!lol.. nice to feel wanted. DH picks her up of an evening and says she's the same. I think they're too young to understand, i thought maybe it was just cause she was with family but sounds like she'll prob be the same when she starts childcare next month.

Off to cook some dinner (or tea - whateva you prefer..lol)

#34 wca

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:37 PM

HI GIRLS!!!!!

This is going to be super quick, I have had NO time at all to myself the last week and a bit which has been majorly stressful! I've missed you all big time!

5 days until I GET MARRIED ohmy.gif  blink.gif  biggrin.gif  I am so excited, nervous, anxious etc etc. Picked up the bridesmaids dresses today and they are stunning to say the least, the girls look hot in them! The rest of this week is jam packed with last minute things and final meetings with people. It feels so surreal.
Still dont know where Im going for our honey moon, but have been told to buy new clothes and bikinis for a warm climate. Im so excited!!
TAyla is wonderful, crusing along, she;s just started properly crawling and is pulling herself up on all the furniature. She's a handful!

Ok I better run, have snuck off to write this. Hopefully I will BBL before the wedding to post again.

Love to you all,
Anni xoxoxoxoxoxox

#35 Guest_DBear_*

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:49 PM

Just picked Oliver up from family daycare. He wasn't excited in the least to see but at least he had a good day and didn't cry once. I thought he'd be like that.

Rhiannon
You look beautiful in those photos. I love your new hair. Such a great cut.

Kristie
LOL Oliver and Ella being the same. I think it might just be their personalities. My friends bub who is only 7 weeks old hates being left. When she left him with me for a day over a month ago he cried the whole time she was gone almost and then when she returned he got so excited. I guess different bubs do different things. I think Oliver is just an independent and busy baby.

Anni
Great to hear from you. Wow how exciting that the wedding's only five days away.

Dani

#36 ***jules***

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:34 PM

Dani - great news that Oliver had a good first day with no crying!  What a good little man!

Anni - great to hear from you.  Hope you have a wonderful day and a lovely honey moon.  It is so exciting that you don't know where you are going!!!!!  smile1.gif

Rhiannon - your hair looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!  Very flattering and very funky!  I love it!!

Kristie - dinner or tea!  LOL!!

No more spots for Ella so fingers crossed it stays that way.

#37 ZachandPaigesMum

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:48 PM

Sandwiches- I put cream cheese or vegemite on Zach’s.

Rhiannon -  I love your new hair style its great!!!

dani - thats great news that oliver went good at fdc.

erin - glad you posted we have all been worried!!!

anni - how exciting once its all over you will have to post some piccies for us

well we had a break through tonight , zach let me feed him dinner so hopefully it stays like this for a while longer and he is happy enough to just feed himself his lunch.

both my boys are asleep zach went to bed early tonight (6.15) and rod is buggered from work and just layed on the bed and passed out lol

#38 senorita

Posted 05 February 2007 - 06:55 PM

hi girls

ok ive missed the last of the last thread and most of this one hehe, been SO busy hey.
had a drunken weekend and suffered most of sunday, and sun & today we have been out looking at houses. we r thinking of selling, & got the house valued today.
we can sell this house and move & have no mortgage, so we r going! just gotta find something we like now...its very exciting but tiring too.

theres fires very close to us at the moment, the roads r all blocked and ppl near us have been evacuated. so if u dont hear from me tomorrow u know ive packed up & left. just hoping it doesnt burn down, so we can sell it hehe. should be ok, but the town is on standby to evacuate. im going to pack up my photos and valuables just in case i think..

not much more to report on, i have to go back over & read what ive missed!
bbl
renee xo

#39 4lildarlins

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:00 PM

Hi ladies .. well here I am .. only to officially say goodbye  cry1.gif

While I love you all and can find time to check Eb on the odd occasion, I have not time to follow threads at all ... at the very least, even this one.

So I really do not think you will see me posting here anymore and whilst I am sad, I am happy as my little family is growing up and we are doing so many new things as they grow and I am loving it. The girls are now both at school 5 days per week and Callum at kindy 2 days so I use those days to run around and catch up with friends .. something I have not done in such a long time!!  As a result of school the girls now do activities after school 3 days per week and then the boys swim on Thursdays ... weekends dh has been home and we have been trying out new stuff like bowling and rollerskating and put put with the the older three .. loving it !!!

Josh is Ok .. we weaned him of the zoton and we thought he was fine but he had a MAJOR relapse and we are now back on it until 13 months, then wean and if unsuccessful again he has a scope  sad.gif  he is crawling, cruising, taking steps towards us, has 4 teeth and eating mostly finger foods and a lot of what we eat which makes meals easier  biggrin.gif !! I cannot believe in only 9 short weeks he will be one  unsure.gif

Take care of all your little cherubs and enjoy it as they grow so very fast ....

Thank you for all your love support, guidance and friendship since August 2005 .. it means so much.

Ok off to go put 3 kids to bed and then start packing bags, lunches and getting uniforms ready .....

Will miss you  cry1.gif

Edited by 4lildarlins, 05 February 2007 - 07:01 PM.

#40 Guest_**Slappy**_*

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:19 PM

Chris - Im very sad you are saying goodbye. We dont care if you post every day or once a month! If you get time come in and say hello original.gif

#41 ~ZiggyStardust~

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:22 PM

Evening May mummies!

Yay, Jack's asleep, just got home from mum's about half an hour ago, gave Jack his bottle and now he's crashed... So nice and quiet LOL, DH is over the road having a beer, I'm sure he'll be back soon for tea, so I thought I'd take advantage of the quiet...

Amber - LOL Kobe now has an ally!  We played all the traditional baby shower games, it was lots of fun, but I didn't win any of them sad.gif  biggrin.gif   I felt really bad for Jack though, cause he was the eldest bubba out of a four month old, five, and six month old, they weren't moving around, but I put Jack down and he was making his way very quickly toward the other bubba's and anything he could get his hands on, I had to keep him distracted most of the time, but it was hard, cause he wanted to be down, but there were about 20 women around, and I thought they might step on him LOL Tounge1.gif

Kristie - I do get on EB a lot at work ph34r.gif  It's easy cause I'm there by myself, but I make sure I get all my work done (most of the time LOL laugh.gif )  Kristie, I'm forever trying to pick out dried up snottys out of Jack's nose, I hate em too original.gif  Glad she's feeling better now...

Enjoy your day at work tomorrow!

Britt - I love when Luke's home to lug groceries inside, I hate it, but I never let him put em away, cause I end up with cold stuff in the cupboard and cupboard stuff in the fridge IYKWIM LOL Tounge1.gif

Jules - maybe Ella has a viral infection and it's just a reaction?  Hope they get if figured out soon for you!

Dani - sounds like Oliver is really letting you feel guilty about sending him to FDC!  Wonder how long till he cracks... Tounge1.gif  

If it's any consolation, Jack doesn't get all worked up when I pick him up from mums, I think he's used to it now... I might get a smile every now and then, then it's back to exploring and playing LOL rolleyes.gif

Rhiannon - Don't be silly, the pics are great -very flattering. I like it!

Anni - great to hear from you... can't wait to see the pics!!!  Yay on Tayla crawling!  Maybe you're going somewhere exotic like The Maldives or Mauritius??? OOOhhh - so jealous LOL

Renee - sounds like you had a great weekend.  How great that when you sell, you won't have a mortgage on the next house - good on you!  Hope those fires don't get too close mellow.gif

Oh Chris - sorry to hear we won't be hearing from you anymore sad.gif   Sounds like things are super busy, sorry to hear about Josh having to go back onto the Zoton glare.gif  Glad you are having fun playing putt putt, ten pin bowling etc with the kids, sounds great...  Hopefully we'll see you lurking now and again!

Maybe BBL, DH has just got back...

Chels biggrin.gif

#42 HairyMaclary

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:56 PM

Noooo....Chris, don't leave us!!!  cry1.gif  I can understand that you must be so busy with 4 kids...some days I feel overwhelmed with only one!  You're welcome back to lurk or say hello anytime.  We will miss you lots and lots!!!

Kath

PS. Josh asked me to say bye-bye to Josh  biggrin.gif

#43 hollybeagle1981

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:05 PM

Hi girls!

Just uploading some pics of v's bath from our NEW camera! yay..

I'll BBL!

Love Kristi and Vienna

#44 ~ZiggyStardust~

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:09 PM

Aaawww Kristi - Vienna looks like she's really enjoying herself  biggrin.gif

#45 **LYN**

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:16 PM

Hi MMMs,

Once again I have to apologise for a lack of personals as I have only just skimmed this thread and missed most of the last one.  I just can't keep up now that I am working 3 days and have no access to EB at work  cry1.gif  

I lost 800g this week for a total of 3.6kg.  I'm pretty happy with that because I haven't been very strict with myself.  I have lost my chocolate cravings now so that makes it easier.  I have also resisted the temptation to have takeaway for dinner too so I'm not doing too badly.

Max is getting more serious about crawling and thinking seriously about pulling himself to stand.  His favourite place to do it is in the bath  ohmy.gif

Molly's toilet training is going well but she is having quite a few poos in her pants the last few days after over a week of being accident free so I'm not sure what is happening there.

My milk supply seems to be dwindling the last few days. I am hoping it is just AF being due and that it will pick up again.  Max woke up at 3am today and would not settle without a feed.  he hasn't done that in almost a month.  I might go to the doctor about it if it doesn't pick up in a few days.  I don't want to try out formulas just yet with Max's milk allergy.  He seems to be eating close to his own body weight in solids to make up for it LOL  blink.gif

Off to bed after a wakeful night last night.  Hopefully I can keep up with this thread a little better.  You will all have to promise not to talk so much!

Lyn

#46 TheyCallMeRach

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:41 PM

Evening Ladies,
Wow we are losing 2 members in one day.  cry1.gif
Chris-sorry to hear that you cant make it on here anymore. Hope you can drop in once in a while and keep us updated on your little man.
Erin-wow i never thought id see you leaving us too.
Kristie-thats sounds so cute about Ella clapping to the song. That scrunched up face thing you described sounds like someting that Holly does.
Kath-i put butter on sandwiches or vegemite, cheese spread and have tried her with some jam yesterday.
Dani-glad Oliver enjoyed  FDC.  When i picked Holly and Jake up from mums yesterday after they slept the night there neither of them could have cared less to see me.
Rhiannon-wow love the hair do. It really suits you.
Renee-sounds  like you had a good drunken weekend (as i did too). good luck with the house hunting.
Kristi-Vienna looks like she loves the bath. Hows your nappy hunting going, im up to 40.

Me-Jake has got a grazed nose. We have nicknamed him Rudolph. I was on the phone to my mum today and he climbed onto the coffee table, i told him to get down and he said that he was trying to reach a dvd and i said no get down and he stepped forward and fell face first onto the mat. I think his hands might have broken the fall but he did graze his nose. He was quite upset but after a few lollies he came good. He did his first poo on the big toilet this evening, he was so proud of himself. I rang one of my uncles tonight and we are now going to my nans birthday lunch. I am thinking about taking Jake to a new playgroup in the morning to see if its any better than the one we went to last year. Its on the base where DH works so we can meet him for lunch too.
Night all.

#47 ***jules***

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:54 PM

Oh no!  Chris and Erin - we are going to miss you so much!!!  Make sure you pop in even if only to say hi every now and then!   cry1.gif

Well I didn't lose any weight!!!!  cry1.gif  I am exactly what I was last Monday night - and I have been walking my ass off!  Oh well - just have to try harder this week.

My night training at WW was good but stressful - so much to do!!  Will BB tomorrow to talk more but am off ot eat my subway and then bed for now.

#48 ~Rebekah~

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:20 PM

OMG Chris and Erin  cry1.gif  cry1.gif   Make sure you pop back in from time to time to keep us updated.  Erin, can you please SMS me again so that I can save your mobile no and I will be sure to let you know when we meet up again!!

I like most of you are so far behind, so I won't attempt to catch up tonight.  Just waiting for my show to start (Vanished) if only it wasn't on so late.

Here are some pics of Cooper in his soaker, this one I bought from Possum Pouches but it is similar to the one that Mum and I are knitting!!

The colours are just gorgeous and the quality is amazing!!

Kylie I just realised that you asked what a soaker is LOL!  It's a woollen cover to go over night nappies so that the nappy doesn't leak!!  Also the baby monitor we have is the Roger Armstrong Sleep Easy.  We haven't had any problems with it so far, it's great original.gif  I think we got it from Target for around the $100 mark, I think  tongue.gif

Have a great night girls original.gif

#49 hollybeagle1981

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:30 PM

Beck:  that possum pouch is awesome! so pretty! (i mean very manly 'pretty' for cooper  Tounge1.gif ) the colours are awesome.

RAch:  I'm not sure how many i have, definately not 40!!! you mght have to give me some tips when it's getting to the end of the month, lol.

QOTD:  I only gave v a sandwich for the first time today seeing as so many of you do it.  She had one quarter, lol.  And most of it ended up on her/highchair/nappy...

Us;  time for bed i think! nappycino in the morning.

Love Kristi and Vienna

#50 ~Rebekah~

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:40 PM

Kristi Those photos of Vienna are gorgeous!  I can't believe how much she looks like Matt in them original.gif

OK shows on  smile1.gif

ETA - Rhiannon - Your hair looks amazing.  That's a great cut, it really suits you and is very flattering.  Good on you for spoiling yourself like that.  You deserve it original.gif

Edited by ~coopersmum~, 05 February 2007 - 11:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.