May 06 Parents #97

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
128 replies to this topic

#126 ***jules***

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:25 PM

Erin - enjoy your YOU time!  I also sensor myself on here when I post to a degree.  I'm not normally this polite!  Just jokes!!  tongue.gif

#127 ~ZiggyStardust~

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:00 PM

Hellllooo

What am I still doing up at this time of the night you ask LOL, well, DH just got to sleep and I'm having me time LOL...

I've just been giving him Us time IYKWIM  blush.gif  Tounge1.gif  so it's my time now! Tounge1.gif

Erin - I love the piccys of Cooper, she looks very cute!!  Bugger about no AF, mabye it's your cycle going AWOL cause of breastfeeding blink.gif  original.gif

Steph  original.gif - thanks for the tips on MCN.  I think I will be addicted. I read that whole darn thread last night about ppl trying cloth and going back to sposies so I think I'll try and perservere with it for six months, and go from there.   I can't wait to build up a stash!

Jules - LOL at your boozy husband, don't they say the silliest things when they've been drinking... I can't remember the amt of times I've said to Luke 'We'll talk about it in the morning' and it's totally forgotten LOL Tounge1.gif

#128 Nephnie

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:11 AM

Chels- I'm in the court that every less 'sposie the better, BUT if you HAVE to use a 'sposie, I'm not going to hassle you about it, IYKWIM?  Some girls out there are like Nazi's, but I feel that if someone feels comfortable having 'sposies as back up, that's better than no cloth at all!  Don't expect to go cold turkey on 'sposies overnight.  FWIW, it took me until Miky was 6 months to build up our stash enough to be confident to use cloth 100% of the time.  I've got about 30+ nappies and know that if I do a wash every second day, I "should" have some spare.

Good on you for having a go at least.  I personally feel it's the one little thing I CAN do.  Geraldton has a p!ss poor recycling program, so when I throw the rubbish out, I feel terrible.  At least I'm not adding anything extra to it.

Erin and Jules- I sometimes censor myself.  Other times I let rip.  DH is back in the good books again.  He's just helped clean up the kitchen. I did my top earlier coz I wanted the kitchen clean and if he had helped me, it would have been done in 10 minutes.  BUT he wanted to go play in the shed...

So we had another blasted "talk".  I raved about feeling like a slave on weekends and if we worked together on weekends we could BOTH have some leisure time to ourselves.

Oh this is the funniest bit though...  Yesterday he cracked it coz I asked him to come home early to look after Miky while I got ready for TW.  "Apparently" he wasn't expecting to be on duty until 7.30pm... I rang at 4.30pm coz I needed to go to the shops and buy some pens etc.  I had tried all bloody day to get out, but I just couldn't get to the shops!!  

So anyway, he cracks it about being not appreciated for what he does with Mikyala blah blah blah... My reply... Umm... YOUR HER FATHER!!  I EXPECT you to help regardless!! You're not a bloody babysitter!! You're doing your parental JOB you silly t*at!!!  

He reckons he should have a friggin ticker tape parade for looking after her for a night... Hmm... WHERE THE HELLS MY PARADE???  

I think he caught the drift that he just has to do what he did last night with out the parade.  I told him that I ALWAYS appreciate it when he takes Miky off my hands.  I just don't have to say it EVERY time!!

Hee hee... Looking back, he must have felt like a total card.  He's been helping out a bit more now.  I'd fed Miky by the time he came in and I think he was feeling guilty coz he was upset I had fed her.

All's good again which is FANTASTIC!!  We're going to visit my mate with the newborn tomorrow.  I can't wait to see the little fella again!! I haven't called lately coz I don't want to smother her too much.  She'll have plenty of callers and visitors without me adding to it all.

Anyway.  I'd better go service the horse.  GIDDY UP!!
Steph.

#129 ~ZiggyStardust~

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:43 AM

Steph - thanks for the MCN tips... I hope to make a good go of it, that's for sure. biggrin.gif

Grrrrh about DH's thinking they are 'babysitting'...  rolleyes.gif  What do they think?  We are full time and they are only employed on a casual basis wacko.gif

Have fun seeing your gf and her new bubba boy! original.gif

ETA - 1st post of the day!

Edited by Chels13, 11 February 2007 - 12:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.