May 06 Parents #97

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
128 replies to this topic

#26 chloeandmaddison

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:52 AM

Jules DH just made a good point... another option is to buy a couple of cheap large necklaces from Red Dot or Kliens etc... You could buy a few different ones for variety. That way if bubs pull on it and it breaks its a not big deal?

I'm going to have a look for some when I go shopping this arvo.

#27 ***jules***

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:57 AM

Lauren - good idea.  I have some bead necklaces but she yanks so hard I am sure they would break.  I thought of making a woolen friendship band necklace maybe?  You know like you used to make as kids?  Just have to remember how!!!

#28 ~ZiggyStardust~

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:04 PM

Hello all

I have heaps of housework to do, but what am I doing, sitting on my a*se on the computer... Grrrhh trying to get in to MSN too and it won't let me <_<

Went swimming after coffees/shopping this morning, and it went really well,  Jack loves it and splashes everywhere!!

Jules - I bought last week some big chunky beaded necklaces from Diva (I think) and they are great for Jack to pull on, cause it doesn't matter if they break.... HTH's

Erin - Wow, Madid of Honour, great stuff!  Sounds like things are going really well with Jedd...  biggrin.gif  

Kristie - I love that it's getting a bit cooler now too, I hate the heat at the best of times.  I think you should just drive and save the hassle of stuffing around with cabs etc, if you're not keen to travel home by yourself... What about staying in the city with a gf?  Is that possible?  And maybe getting DH to come pick you up in the morning?  Just a thought... original.gif

Shari - thanks for the tip on Stop instead of No, I will be trying that next time.... biggrin.gif

Jack is not going down without a fight,  he's so tired, but he don'nt wanna sleep rolleyes.gif

Anyways,  BBL

Chels

#29 hollybeagle1981

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:38 PM

Afternoon girls!

Wrapping:
QOTD - I stopped wrapping Ella when she was 5 months old. She was seriously addicted and would not sleep without it. Trouble was she kept getting out and it was causing her to wake constantly thru the night then i had to fight her to re-wrap her. I decided it was enough when one night she had it around her neck!
  I'm stealing exactly what you wrote Kristie!  Now Vienna just sleeps in PJ's.

Having said that, this morning, for the first time in about 3 months I wrapped Vienna after feeding her at 5.00 a.m.  I was sooooo tired and she would NOT go back to sleep wacko.gif .  So anyway I wake up at 8.15 and I'm meant to be at matt's aunt's house at 8.30 (she lives half an hour away) as we are starting a craft morning this morning! argh!!  Vienna slept until 8.15!!  So I think I may just be re wrapping her in the morning, lol.  (we got to craft on time, and I am going to be doing 'fabric painting'.  I am going to make some cute little singlets/shirts for vienna!  There were about 20 crafts to choose from.  Heaps of grey and blue hair, but it's gonna be fun, lol)

Sarah:  I hope Zach is feeling better today!  Vienna just conked her head on the sliding rail that our side door sits on.. I think she's gonna have a bruise!  No blood, but it was awfully close to her eye.

Jules:  I reckon just any cheap bead necklace.  You could probably get some at vinnies or red cross or something?  Then it really doesn't matter if they break.  I so need to get one too!  You could even buy some beads (from spotlight) and some cord and make it yourself?

Kirsty:  I hope you start feeling better soon!  So how much does Preston/clayton weigh now?

QOTD:  I won't BF Vienna b4 about 4 a.m.  In saying that, if she is having a REALLY bad night of being unsettled i will feed her.  I just go with the flow.  She won't take water at night (or much during the day) anyway.  So it's milk.

QOTD:  How much does bubs weigh now?  Vienna hasn't really put much weight on recently.  I think she's only still just over 8kg.  

Well AF still hasn't arrived, now it's 3 days late.  original.gif   I have tested and BFN.  So I think my first cycle is just going to be a long one.  Pity, cause DH and I didn't really 'try' this month IYKWIM because I thought we would've missed my 'o' date by a few days when I was in Cairns!

OK, so tired, V is yelling out to me in her cot, as soon as she goes to sleep I am too!

Love Kristi and Vienna

#30 Nephnie

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:26 PM

Hey girls. Still alive.

Just organising bits and pieces for TW.  Will TRY and get on tonight.  DH has a course he's going to so I'll be HOME ALONE!! woohoo!!  EB time ALL evening... I'll do a big catch up then.

Steph.

#31 ***jules***

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:55 PM

Hi girls

Just got back from Gymbaroo where I ended up in tears with the teacher cos everyone kept saying "oh isn't she crawling yet!".  Ella is basically the same age as the rest of the bubs in the class but she is so much taller she looks older than them  She towers over them all!!!  Anyway right at the end of the class she got up on all fours and did two small crawls towards the teacher! Yey!!  Hopefully she'll get the hang of it soon.  I can't beleive I cried!!  How embarrasing!!

QOTD - Ella was 8.9kgs two weeks ago but I'm sure she has put on more weight since then!!!  She's getting so heavy to carry now!!

#32 ellacy

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:12 PM

QOTD - Ella is a chubba at 9.25kg, although the CHN said her weight should slow right down - maybe even not a gain in the next month cause she's now crawling flat out!!

#33 Guest_DBear_*

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:07 PM

Good Afternoon

Just picked Oliver up from FDC. He started crying when he saw me. The FDC mum said he had been happy all day. When I picked him up he stop crying and got really excited and started giggling so I think maybe he is missing me after all. Maybe he realised when he saw me how much he missed me.

Kristi
Maybe it's a good sign AF hasn't arrived. You should test again in a couple of days.

Kylie
I wonder why groceries are heaps more expensive in Canberra. Since returning from overseas I can't get over how expensive Brisbane groceries are compared to 4 years ago when we first left. Our weekly shop used to be maximum $140 and that was a really big shop. Yesterday when I bought groceries for 5 days worth. It was $240. That didn't even include any nappies. I almost fell over.

Jules
That is fabulous that Ella got up and crawled on all fours. How exciting. biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
PFT!!! to the teacher and everyone else that was saying "oh she isn't crawling yet".  They can just shove their words where the sun doesn't shine!!!! IMO

QOTD - Weight
The last time I weighed Oliver was about 2 weeks ago. He was 9.1kg. I am sure he is heaps more now as he seems heavier. I should check him at the clinic soon.

Dani

Edited by DBear, 08 February 2007 - 05:08 PM.

#34 ~Rebekah~

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:33 PM

Jules I agree with Dani, tell them to shove it.  How exciting that she crawled though.  I bet your DH will be excited when he gets home.

Dani I got all teary reading your post about Oliver crying when you went to pick him up.  I am not coping with this day care thing LOL original.gif  And I only started ringing around today LOL!!

QOTD Cooper was 8.9kg last time he was weighed but that was about 3 weeks ago now.  Must go and get him weighed again soon.  I don't think he has put alot of weight on though because last time he had put hardly any on and he has been more active since then so it will be interesting to see.

I got alot of housework done this afternoon and DH came home and took Cooper off my hands and feed and bathed him, so that was a huge help.

So I actually made a couple of sigs this afternoon for the 1st time in ages.

#35 *~hotchocolate~*

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:51 PM

HI smile1.gif

Had a bad,bad night with Izzy last night sad.gif From 8-9pm she was just screaming so i gave her teething gel and panadol.9-10pm still screaming.From then till about 10:30 it was just sobbs, and around 11 she finally weny to sleep.12:30 up again, fed and then back asleep. She did that 2 more times before starting the day at 7:35 wacko.gif .
I was lucky enough to go back to sleep with her at 10am and didnt get uo till lunchtime. I soooo hope she is not like that tonight but im not sure of my chances because she has just gone to sleep again now rolleyes.gif

Kristie&vienna-My first cycle back was 9 days longer than normal and i think some of the other mums had a longer first cycle too.

Bubs weight-Im taking Izzy to the nurse tomorrow but last time she was only 7.8kg.

Dani-See, he does miss you original.gif . He was just waiting for the right time to show you.LOL.

Oh. My brain is still not working very well. I might be back on late tonight.
Bye for now.

#36 ~ZiggyStardust~

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:04 PM

Hi all

This is just a quick personals cause Jack is in his cot, sposed to be sleeping, but crying now, I'm gonna let him cry for a while and see if he falls asleep - could be wishful thinking....

Beck - Yay on Cooper saying Dadda, that is so sweet biggrin.gif

Jules - ya poor bugger, you shouldn't have to put up with other mums/parents/teachers critising Ella cause of what she is or is not doing... Yay on her doing her crawl though biggrin.gif

Erin - gotta post a few of those pics you get from Gotcha - bet they'll be great!

Steph - I love when Luke's out so I can catch up on EB...  It's great to spend all night on here  blush.gif

Dani - aaawww How sweet Oliver cried when he saw you, he must've missed you so much - bet he was happy to be back in mummies arms....  original.gif

Kristi - I love fabric painting - it comes up so well on singlets too!!  It was my favourite craft when I was younger!

QOTD - Weight - Jack was 8.9kg about two weeks ago, haven't had him weighed since though...

Cloth Nappie users:  I have just ordered eight AIO's from Cushie Tushie, and a gf who has her own website is sending me one of her designs to try out, not sure what to do next, just waiting for em, but I'm getting a bit excited about it, (has anyone heard good things about Cushies? LOL) I'm also gonna get a Mandymac next week (Thanks for recommending Steph!)

Anyways, bubba is still crying, better go sought that out and get started on tea!

BBL

Chels

Jean - I hope you get a much better sleep tonight, and Izzy does too... original.gif

Edited by Chels13, 08 February 2007 - 06:01 PM.

#37 strawberry*shortcake

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:07 PM

OH MY GOD GIRLS!

We just sold our house! I am so HAPPY!  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  Tounge1.gif  biggrin.gif

BBL when the kids are in bed for some more personals and more EB...  original.gif  biggrin.gif  original.gif  smile1.gif  tongue.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Leanne xo

ETA smilies

Edited by leamacka, 08 February 2007 - 06:09 PM.

#38 shoofly

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:09 PM

Hi, Reading but no time for personals. Dhs sister is over tommorrow. She wants to spend her birthday with Lola, as she hardly ever sees her. There is also a rumour that she is getting engaged on the weekend. This sounds bad, but im sooo not looking forward to it. Happy for her, but not looking forward to the (ordeal) of preparing for her engagement party and the wedding. SIL and I are VVV different. She and her boyfriend are very 'showy' if that makes sense. Where as me and DH are more 'sensible' and 'comfortable'. Eg, DH and I originally planned a backyard wedding, SIL wants all the bells and whistles (she already has planned a flamenco theme!?!?). So, back to the point, i have to get the house all nice and presentable for her and her boyfriend.
QOTD - Lola weighs 10.4kg (think thats the heaviest so far  ohmy.gif )
Ok off to clean, only one more day at work - YAY
Jeannie

#39 ZachandPaigesMum

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:23 PM

hey girls

coming in to let you all know zach is back to his normal self thanks to every ones concerns for him.

bubs weight - 0n the 23rd january zach was 9.8kilo he had only put on 200grams in a month.

ok QOTD- what has every one planned to do for bubs 1st bday?

bbl to answer my own qotd

#40 ***jules***

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:29 PM

Hi girls

DH rang and I got all emotional again and was telling him about Gymbaroo.  Anyway while we were on the phone Ella did another few crawl steps or whatever you call them!!  Can't wait for DH to get home and hope she does it again.  She usually shows off heaps when he gets home - little dag!!!

Seems like lots of our bubs weighed 8.9kgs at their last weigh in!!!  

Leanne - congrats!!!  That is so exciting!  Hope you got what you wanted.

Thanks girls for letting me have my vent and being sympathetic - I can always count on you girls to make me feel better.

Jean - hope you have a better night tonight!

Ella is up down up down.  Two nights ago she slept through from 7pm to 7.30am.  Last night she cried ever hour from midnight???  What the??

Dani - I got teary too reading your post.  Isn't it nice to miss and be missed!!!  

I sometimes wish I had a bit more Ella free time to miss her and have her miss me.  We are going away for a night in two weeks for a wedding so will have plenty of time to be missed then.  I'm already stressing about leaving her though - I'll just have to drink a lot of scotch!!! I'll have a trial run at the hens night next week!!  biggrin.gif

#41 ~ZiggyStardust~

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:03 PM

Hi all

Well, Jack is still not asleep grrrhhh <_<  DH is putting his canopy back on his ute, and I can't wait till he gets inside, to try and settle Jack....

Leanne - CONGRATULATIONS on the house!!  Great news...

Jules - Yay on Ella starting to crawl, she won't stop now!

Jeannie - sounds like your SIL is a bit of a pain, hope she doesn't give you and DH too much grief over the weekend... rolleyes.gif

Sarah - glad to hear Zach is back to his old self!

QOTD - 1st Birthdays

We are taking Jack to Blackbutt Reserve which is where I took him, my neice and nephew a few Saturday nights ago for the wildlife tours, it's great, lots of shade, bbq's, duck ponds, animals, etc, and it's hassle free, cause I only have to clean up our mess, and not have to worry about making sure the house is spick and span... biggrin.gif

LOL DH just got in and commented that Jack looks so much like me as a baby, he was worried Jack'd get his ears which are sticky outy as he calls it, but now he thinks he's got my 'normal' ears LOL biggrin.gif

BBL

#42 mummy~2~two

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:05 PM

Hi Girly's,

GO ELLA GO!!!

My DH hardly crawled at all. "He pretty much went from not moving to walking" so my MIL says. Repeatedly..... All the time..... Whenever we talk to her....
Don't we just love MIL's!!  rant.gif

Congratualtions Leanne on selling your house.

QOTD- We wrapped Chelsea until Boxing Day so until she was 7 months old. Then we went cold turkey for 2 nights (which was hell) cause she kept rolling over and getting stuck on her tummy as her hands were wrapped down. Then KAritane suggested half wrapping her, so basically just her legs and body but leaving her arms out. This worked a treat and I think we did this for about 3 weeks then she didn't need any wrapping any more.

QOTD- At 8 months I think Chelsea was 8.2kgs.

QOTD- For Chelsea's 1st Birthday we will have a party at home with family and friends.

Are we still planning a May Bubs 1st Birthday meet??

Off to spend some time with DH.

Mers

#43 ~Rebekah~

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:04 PM

YAY Leanne - Congratultions, that is such wonderful news.  I hope you got what you needed!!  So do you want me to send the Gold Coast Real Estate book your way PMSL  tongue.gif

QOTD We are having a party for Cooper either here or at Mum & Dad's depending on how many people end up coming.  We are combining his 1st Birthday Party and his naming day so it will be a bit of do, so to speak.  I hope all you SEQ Girls can come ???  But I just realised that their birthdays will all be around the same time!!  Just to give you the heads up, it will either be Sat 26th or Sun 27th May, not 100% sure yet original.gif

BBL original.gif

#44 strawberry*shortcake

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:08 PM

We did get what we wanted for it. Which is excellent. Yes Beck send me that book. I am so excited I could burst... laugh.gif

I am going to go and have a shower and relax...RELAX. Or I wont sleep.... laugh.gif

***Happy Dance*** hehe  cool.gif

Love to you all

Leanne xo

#45 ZachandPaigesMum

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:13 PM

i made this today
we r having thomas the tank engine theme.

seems like my heffa was 1 kilo heavier then all other bubs lol but i will give him this he is tall

#46 ~ZiggyStardust~

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:16 PM

Sarah - The invite is just great!!!

I ordered two different types of Birthday invites I personalised on Vistaprint.com before Chrissy so can't wait to use em now!!!

BTW - Thomas the Tank Engine is a great theme for 1st Birthday!!!

#47 ZachandPaigesMum

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:20 PM

chels - i just made it on photo shop.

yea he loves thomas he has a big thomas pop up tent and is always in there, he has thomas boxers set and now flannels too he even has thomas trains lol

#48 ~ZiggyStardust~

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:22 PM

Sarah - I think I'll have to check out photoshop!

biggrin.gif

#49 ~MaidenWarrior~

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:38 PM

Hi girls,

Leanne - Congrats, so happy for you.

Jules - yay for Ella, clever girl, tell the others to get stuffed.

Dani - I have absolutely no doubt that Oliver misses you very much original.gif It is good that he showed you just how much!!

I'm being very quick, there is a new reality series on Austar that I want to watch, dh has just been called out, we've pulled our room apart in prep for wooden flooring on the weekend, so our house is chaotic, add one whinging boy to it and oh where is the wine bottle, lol, nah I'm having a heaps better day than yesterday, Hunter slept from 10pm til 5am last night. Only one call out, and i just patted him twice and he went back to sleep.

Hunter was 11.5kg last time i weighed him, when he was 7 months i think. So he is definately a chubba, but he is also getting so tall now.

love Britt xx

#50 Nephnie

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:05 PM

OH I soooo need a break right now... DHs at TAFE doing a course for his work.  It runs from 5.30pm until 9.30pm!! eeek!! Poor thing will be starving by the time he gets home.  I made him a sanger before he left.

Leanne- WOOHOO!!! Congratulations!! I hope settlement is nice and smooth for you.  That's brilliant you got what you wanted for it.  Are your families supportive of your prospective move?

Sarah- very cute invite.  Not sure what we're going to do for Miky's bday.

Jules- WOOHOO TO YOU TOO!! Well done Ella!!! She will get the hang of crawling in NO TIME!! It took Miky a few days of shakey, wobbly crawls and then suddenly she was off!! That was the end of the blob.  Sigh... 10 months really isn't late to crawl though.  It honestly sh!ts me to tears when people comment about development.  If only they knew how far Ella has come since she was born, they would eat their words!!  For goodness sakes... I was a late crawler, walker.. I was a lazy git!! Not much has changed... LOL!!  I can't wait to see Ella in action!

Dani- Oh isn't it sooo cute when they get excited to see you??!!  Last Saturday, when I got home from a TW party, Miky was practically jumping all over me!!It felt soo nice... I FEEL LOVED!!!  I was lovely to have some time away from her though.  I feel norty saying that, but I think it's healthy to have time away from bubs every now and then.  That really good to hear Oliver is liking FDC.

Hello everyone else!!!

Me- Well I went and visited one of the girls who was roped into having a party through her mum.  Her sister had a party but she couldn't make it.  So her mum dobbed her in and TOLD her she was having a party.  She's a really nice girl.  She's studying at TAFE and coz she spends a lot of her nights at the local Theatre company, she can't work then.  So I am trying to recruit her to do some TW!! WICKED!!  It means I might get a DVD player which we DESPERATELY need seeing as ours cacked it the other day... Hee hee...

I'm finding it hard bogging through all the stuff I've got to read, but I am so excited to actually be using my mind!  I'm looking forward to the challenge and making some extra money.  It will be nice.

Anyhoo.  Miky's grizzled herself to  sleep.  She was motoring along like you wouldn't believe earlier.  i dragged out this single foam mattress we have.  WELL!  She LOVES IT!!  She jumps on it, throws stuff on it, throws herself on it, jumps on me on it... You got the visual?  Hmmm... My poor hair keeps getting pulled out though. OUCH!!

QOTD- Brithdays.  yes well...  It's DHs 30th this year and seeing as his Bday is only a month before Miky's I think we might combine them.  For mother's group we've decided to have a BBQ on Anzac Day for ALL the bubs' birthday.  We will chuck all the kids name in the hat and choose one and then only buy that one kid a gift.  Saves spending heaps for all 5 etc... We're going to limit it to $30 too.

I think I might go poor myself a glass of wine.  I think I need it after dealing with the frog on speed...
Steph.

MIMI!!! So good to see you chicken!! Can't wait to read how your course is going!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.