Casual work for mums.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 andieinvic

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:49 PM

I just had this emailed to me in case anyone is interested (I don't actually know anything about the company, just passing on the email)...mods please let me know if I'm out of bounds here.

WE NEED MUMS!
Would you like to try before you buy?
So do we! At First Point Presentations we have a great team of mothers who visit play groups and mothers groups, introducing new products for mums & family - things like nappies, coffee, snacks, cleaning products and holidays - basically giving out free samples while having a chat.  

We are urgently looking to employ staff to help us conduct these Presentations in Melbourne, Sydney (and North Shore), Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. Our Presenters are paid a set fee per Presentation and all Presentations are booked for you by head office. Presentations are held within 20 mins of your home. There is no selling, no party plan or other sales/commission involved (ie there is no catch), just promotion of products. You receive full training and can do as many or few Presentations as you like you simply need to be available at least 2-3 afternoons or mornings per week.

If this is of interest to you please email your CV/Resume to info@firstpointpresentations.com.au

Edited by andieinvic, 14 February 2007 - 02:50 PM.

#2 ***TheBlendedBunch***

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:51 PM

thanx i will email them now
are we able to tkae our kids along? i have a 2.7 yr old thats all, and ive just stopped work due to the fact that i had no childcare.
Cheers bek

#3 andieinvic

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:01 PM

I don't actually know any more details than what is in the description (It came through an email mailing list, but a trusted one). I wouldn't think you could take children to be honest, probably too distracting but can't hurt to ask I guess?

#4 bambaloo-girl

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:11 PM

hi
i have heard of this company before
and have actually had a presentation done at my house by a similar company, for my mothers group.
we got LOADS of samples, got told about all sorts of products, and even got some party pies cooked up original.gif
we were not asked to commit to anything, or buy any products at all.
as PP have said, its just promoting.
better than doing it in shops, if you ask me, becuase you have been invited into someones home, so you would assume they want to hear what you have to say

just my 20c worth LOL

bambaloo

ETA i dont think you would be able to take your own children along - you'd be too busy

Edited by bambaloo-girl, 15 February 2007 - 12:12 PM.

#5 tintoela

Posted 16 February 2007 - 04:06 PM

This sounds like it would suit me to a tee! I have just emailed them.

Thankyou for posting this.

#6 rooney

Posted 17 February 2007 - 08:14 PM

This sounds good.  Thanks andieinvic.  Hopefully it is based in Victoria.  I have emailed them anyway.  I guess I can only wait and see.

#7 tintoela

Posted 19 February 2007 - 09:16 AM

Hi,

Just wanted to say i got an email back saying they will let me know by wednesday 21 february!  Fingers crossed i get an interview at least! My resume was pretty rough though.

Anyone else hear back yet?

#8 jumpnjiggle

Posted 19 February 2007 - 09:40 AM

Hi,

Sounds good!!!

Here's a link to some more info for you all...

http://www.firstpointpresentations.com.au/book-presenter.php

Thanks
Jen

#9 tintoela

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:42 AM

Anyone who sent an email got a reply yet?

#10 bee0406

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:24 AM

Jodi,

I have only sent of my resume this morning, I will let you know if I hear back from them.

Good luck.
Bee

#11 emkjayed

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:08 AM

sounds like a great job. tintoela have you heard back yet?

#12 tintoela

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:40 AM

Hi,

They said they would get back to me by wednesday just gone but i haven't heard anything so am giving them until next tuesday and then i will email again to see what is happening. I would say they got a lot of replies as it is a really great job for mums.

#13 Corrie-Lyn

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:44 AM

Hi

I sent them my resume on Monday and recieved an email this morning asking me to give someone a call to have a phone interview with them.  Hope you all hear back soon and that you get accepted.

Corrie-Lyn

#14 tintoela

Posted 26 February 2007 - 06:49 AM

Hi, I sent an email back after i didn't hear from them by the date they had said and i got another email back saying they are still sorting through applications and will get back to me by monday 5 march. Still in with a chance i guess.

#15 emkjayed

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:40 AM

I sent through an application and received an email asking for a phone interview tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.  Still unsure on alot of the job details so tomorrow I will be excited and anxious.

#16 sooty&sweep

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:32 PM

thanks for this post.  i got a job with them i am so excited!!!!

#17 tintoela

Posted 02 March 2007 - 06:51 AM

Congratulations cooltate23 - hope it works out for you. What state are you in? Can you give us any more details about what the job actually is please?

#18 andieinvic

Posted 03 March 2007 - 06:02 PM

Hey that's great cooltate23, hope it works out really well for you.  And all the best to anyone else who is applying (or waiting to hear back).

#19 emkjayed

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:50 PM

I had my phone interview.  I am from NSW.  The actual job sounds really good.  A presentation takes no more than half an hour and you have an assigned area generally in a 20 minute radius.  Pay was $40 per presentation.  That is all I really know from the phone interview.  Am waiting for a face to face interview.

#20 joshie

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:04 PM

Hi - quick question - do you have to go out and find places/people to give the presentations to or are they given to you by the company??

Thanks
Sherryn

#21 rooney

Posted 09 March 2007 - 08:34 PM

Thanks for posting.  I sent my resume and got a phone call back and attended an interview.  Got the job and was told that they had a huge response because it was also advertised in Melb Child.  Attended my first training session and it sounds great.  Bit scared about doing my first presentation but I will be watching someone else do it before I do it.  I think they are still searching for someone from Northcote area.

#22 andieinvic

Posted 11 March 2007 - 01:53 PM

Great news Rosa, congratulations  biggrin.gif  Hope it works out really well for you.

Edited by andieinvic, 11 March 2007 - 01:53 PM.

#23 tintoela

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:08 AM

Just wondering if anyone got this job and how it's going?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.