May 06 Parents #100

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#126 TheyCallMeRach

Posted 17 February 2007 - 07:55 PM

Hi,
Erin-love the vid footage, her walker is soooo cute. PMSL at your dream.  I had a dream about you a while back. You and Jedd were at Centrelink and i was there too and i recognised you from EB and i was calling out to you but you didnt want to talk to me.....by the way you looked like Paul Robinsons daughter on neighbours. Tounge1.gif   Cooper looks very cute with her pigtails, they are so long too.
Beck-I bought 2 lily pads from Weewuns, thought i would only get 2 to try before i fork out too much money. They were quite cheap. Glad you had a fun night out. Our friends called their baby girl Eadie and the other friends called their boy Laker, unusual name.
Shari-no our friends arent in the same hospital, one lot live here but the other lot are interstate.
Kristi-glad you got your dogs back safe and sound.
Lyn-Max looks so grown   up on his bike.
Jules-your hens night sounded  like a blast. I have one to plan and not sure what sort of games to organise considering we will be at a restuarant.
Kristie-Holly went through a stage of refusing food for a while so i dropped her down to 3 bottles and only gave bottles after solids. She got her appetite back quickly, i think she was just overful on formula and wasnt wanting solids. I give her bottles before sleep at 9.30am 1.30pm and 6.30pm.
Chels-One of my first cloth buys was a beaut bots. Its a pretty good nappy. Mine is just a plain hemp one with a polar fleece cover in a natural colour. Holly is just about grown out of it and i dont think she makes  bigger ones. I hate it when people ring or drop in when the kids are napping, thats MY time.
Kath-oh no,  sorry to hear about  the fight. I think we all have a similar conversation with our dH at some stage of  parenthood, i know i have.

Me-went to my nans birthday lunch today. She was so suprised, especially that two of her sons came up from Victoria. So she had 5 of her 6 children there today. The only one who couldnt make  it lives in England but they all gave her a plane ticket to go over there as her birthday gift. The food at the Rsl was yuk. There menu was cr@p and nothing really appealed to me so i had fish and chips and have felt yuk all arvo. The kids were very well behaved and Holly only cried whenever i left her sight. Something terrible happened at the rsl.... my brother ordered a medium rare steak and my uncle ordered a well done steak, the waitress came over with a steak and yelled out well done so my uncle grabbed it off her and started eating it. WE all got our meals but my brothers steak didnt show up then finally it came out and the waitress says well done steak and my brother said no medium rare. She pointed to my uncle and said thats the medium rare (my uncle had commented that it wasnt well cooked like he had ordered)Anyway my brother was sh!tty cuz he likes a raw steak and told her no he wanted a medium rare not a well done cuz thats what he paid $21 for. She just stood there confused and then walked off and kept bringing it back saying he should eat it and he said no just give me my money back because everyone  else had finished their meals now and thats not what i asked for. She went back to the kitchen,  came back and handed my brother  his money back and said "theres your money and i just lost my job because of this" ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  We couldnt believe she lost  her job over  something so trivial. My brother felt very bad.

Edited by rachandbub, 17 February 2007 - 07:57 PM.

#127 Guest_**Slappy**_*

Posted 17 February 2007 - 08:02 PM

Wow what a sh*tty workplace if you lose your job over one wrong order. Maybe there was more to the story than she let on...

Kath - I meant to say before that Im sorry to hear you are fighting with your DH. It sucks! I hope you get things sorted out soon, seems to me that mums never get a break when they NEED one!

#128 ZachandPaigesMum

Posted 17 February 2007 - 08:19 PM

Food for breakie – I usually give Zach weetbix or toast with cream cheese or veggie I sometimes give him fruit to.

Erin – lol at your dream that’s a classic!! Love coppers little piggy tales.

Fruit – Zach has grapes if I don’t peel them he does any way he bites down breaks it and eats the insides out and spits the skin out lol, I cut his peach’s into 4’s and skin them same as nectarine, cut strawberries/melons into chunks , he eats a banana normal and I cut his kiwi into 4. He has nothing mashed/purred any more he refuses. His fav is grapes though.

Routines –

6-7am - he wakes has breaky then a bottle

8.30-9.30 – goes down

10-11 – wakes has water/juice and a snack

12.30-1.30 – has lunch and a bottle

2.00- go down for a sleep

4.00- wakes has water.

5.00 – has dinner then a bath

6.00 – has a bottle

7-7.30 – goes to bed.

Chels – love the photos, he looks soo cute in those nappies

Us – well swimming today and we found out our instructor will not be doing Saturdays anymore, the girl taking over was with her and Zach didn’t like her at all, so we have moved to Friday instead to have the same instructor.

I was very good today and followed my eating plan exactly, I even done the 2 liters of water.

Now for the crap news dp mum rang today saying she was coming down / up what ever it is in a couple of weeks and he offered our place to stay.  Grrrr not happy he didn’t even talk to me about it first now I will be stuck putting up with her while he is working having to watch what I do get out of my pjs early ect ect (as most of u may remember I have issues with mil)

Well im off to finish watching Polly.

#129 ^Mandy^

Posted 17 February 2007 - 08:41 PM

Wow girls - your babies sure do eat well  ohmy.gif   Lily hardly eats anything solid - she mainly has booby juice still  laugh.gif  At most she might have two small meals of rice cereal or mixed cereal a day - and she's not very interested in that.  A couple of teaspoons and she starts blowing it on me  tongue.gif  She does bf a LOT though, still just demand feeding, rather than feeding to a routine.  She is no lightweight, so I figure she is doing fine with mainly breastmilk for now.

Cloth pads - if I ever get a cycle back, I'm going to make myself some with my nappy making offcuts - mmm, bamboo velour.  Haven't had af since July 2005 - yikes!

Well, my honeyboy pattern arrived yesterday, so hopefully I'll be able to get some sewing done this week.  Will come back to read more later.

Oh, and regarding cows milk - Lily doesn't have any yet - the one time she had a cows milk based bottle of formula (during bf problems) she came out in a bad rash, so she may be sensitive to cows milk - I have no problem expressing enough for cereal, so don't see any need for cows milk yet original.gif

#130 ~ZiggyStardust~

Posted 17 February 2007 - 09:06 PM

Hi girls

How is everyone tonight?

I was so good tonight and went for my walk, honestly I really couldn't have been bothered but I thought it for the best LOL. Jack crashed out in the pram and I've kept him in the pram for the last hour or so cause he was so comfy... Only just put him in to bed now...

DH is still awake believe it or not LOL, he's usually crashed long before now, but he's been at work for twelve hours today and is having a beer... Just about to put on a dvd so I'll get some EB time Yay!

Mandy - I don't know how you feel about it but I'd be happy not to have had a period for that long LOL original.gif

Sarah - Oh no about the MIL staying grrrh, why do men do these things without asking us first.... How long is she staying?  Hope she doesn't cause you too much greif....

Rach - great to hear good things about Beaut bots, I think she still only makes the one size, I've got it and my Pugglebunz washed, and on the line tonight ready to go again for tomorrow... It feels so good... biggrin.gif  Strange how that chicky lost her job over the steak, sounds weird, but your brother was right to ask for his money back or have it re done... Shame about the menu... I hate going somewhere and the food sounds real sh*tty  <_<

Lynn - we don't have an official computer area in our house, the printer is on the dining table too, and all our cords Jack is constantly trying to get at, we have to keep telling him No and trying to get him to avoid em... Also cause we have a Notebook, I keep it next to the lounge in it's case so that it's easily accessible... We need a computer area too... Bugger about DH starting so late in the day though...

Nothing wrong with procrastinating LOL

Jack has been bumping his head/face/every part of him body so much lately, I feel terrible for him, but he cracks it, and I think he's gonna be screaming, but it's one cry and that's it sometimes, other times, he doesn't stop poor little bugger....

BBL Trying very hard to listen to DH while he sits next to me talking about the DVD he's put on - V8 supercars from times past, his fav thing in the whole world - cars grr LOL, I am trying hard to sound interested....

Chels
BBL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.