May 06 Parents #110

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#126 ~Rebekah~

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:23 AM

I am about to walk out the door for Mothers Group.  We are going to a tavern near me that has a great kids playgroud so us Mummy's can chat and eat in peace and the kids can kill each other in the playground  tongue.gif

Rhiannon Sounds like a good compromise with your DH.  Looks like things are becoming more civil which is great original.gif  Good luck with studying today, I bet EB will be distracting though  tongue.gif

Erin Oh Hun I don't think you were forgotten sweets.  I am sure Kylie will be calling you  smile1.gif   I hope you can make it amongst all your moving!!

Dani Are you coming on Sunday ??  I hope things aren't too hectic for you with Uni and Oliver!!  Can't wait to catch up with you and your gorgeous little man again  smile1.gif

Shari Darn I wish I had of cottoned on earlier that you were going to Sydney.  I would have got you to get Luke some crispy creme donuts from the airport!!  Oh well, maybe next time!  MMMmmm I wonder if they have them in NZ ???  Can't wait to see you Sunday  smile1.gif

Steph Did you manage to get any flights yet ??  I do hope that you get here before your uncle passes sad.gif

BBL this afternoon  smile1.gif

Have a great day everyone  smile1.gif

#127 Nephnie

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:31 AM

Ok.  Now I'm feeling a little lost... Mum's relaly sick at the moment as well.  She's got this mastitis thingy that really knocks her about.  She gets it every year without fail.  It's exactly LIKE mastitis, but obviously she doesn't have the milk in her boobs.  Poor thing has to get straight on to antibiotics or she ends up in hospital from dehydration.

I think it's happened because she's worried about her brother.  THAT and having to tell her mum her son's going ot die soon... I sure as hell wouldn't wanna tell my mum that.

I'm also trying to work out how the hell to get across the country and when I can actually do it.  For us, the best time would be in about 2 weeks.  But they're not sure how long my uncle will last.  Gosh...  It's tough.

I'm ok with it all.  I'm sad moreso for his family.  I've only really met my uncle a handful of times, but he's always been special to me coz he would hang out with me and talk to me.  

Anyway.  NOw I'm babbling.  I want to ring mum again, but she's probably feeling like crap and I don't want to hound her.  I just want to know when they are thinking of going across.  Then I can organise it too.

Anyhoo.  I'm sure things will sort themselves out.

Steph.

Beck- THere are flights there.  I just don't know when to go.  I'm waiting for mum's lead, but she can't make any decisions yet while being sick herself.  It should be within the next couple of weeks.

#128 ***jules***

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:34 AM

Steph - thinking of you and your family matey.  Hope you can arrange to get to Brissie soon.

#129 Guest_DBear_*

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:56 AM

Good Morning Everyone.

It feels like it's been ages since I posted. Probably the longest time between posts for me. I have been really busy with uni. Also we were all sick. Oliver had a vomitting and diarrhea bug and then kindly passed it on to DH and me. I was bedridden. I haven't been that sick in so so long. Then Oliver got a cold and cough with heaps of phlegm. He has completely gone off his solids and I think he's lost heaps of weight. His legs have lost a lot of their fat rolls. He's also had really dry nappies so I'm taking him to the doctor this afternoon. I could be overreacting but figure I'd better check it out. I'll also drop into the clinic and weigh him on the scales I usually weigh him on to check his exact weight.

Uni has been extremely full on and I am worried about getting everything done on time. I am trying to grab every spare moment I have but there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day. I am just dreaming of the end of the year when I finish. On a positive note I met a couple of nice women in my course who also have kids so it's nice to be able to chat with people in the same situation as me who understand.

I dont' have time for many personals. Sorry. I hate getting on hear and not be able to acknowledge everyone.

Steph
Really sorry to hear about your uncle. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Well best be off.

Dani

#130 strawberry*shortcake

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:30 AM

Steph - I am thinking of you and your family!

Love Leanne xo

#131 HairyMaclary

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:33 AM

Hi girls,

I had no intention of getting on here this morning because I was supposed to be going out but Josh has been asleep for nearly 2 hours  ohmy.gif .  He NEVER sleeps that long in the morning.  I think he's just catching up on some of the sleep he missed in Sydney.  I've had such a productive morning, though.  Cleaned both bathrooms, hung out 2 loads of washing and have a third in the machine, changed our sheets, emptied the dishwasher, changed the towels, and watered the plants.  And he's still asleep!

Steph - So sorry to hear about your uncle  sad.gif .  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Dani - Sounds like Uni is keeping you very busy.   sick.gif about the vomiting bug.

Beck - Mmmmmm....Krispy Kremes  wub.gif .  I had one at the airport yesterday and it was soooo yummy  cool.gif

Rhiannon - I hope your DH lives up to his end of the bargain and actually takes the girls for those 90 days.  

Jackie - Good luck with the work/pg situation.  

Us - Josh still isn't sleeping through again yet.  He does occasionally, but most nights he is still waking at least once.  On Monday night he woke just before midnight and was soooo upset.  It was awful.  At least mum and dad heard him and how distressed he was and dad will stop making comments about just leaving him to cry.  

Last night wasn't as bad.  He woke at 11pm but I think he might have been cold.  The house was so hot when I got home yesterday that we may have gone a bit far in trying to cool it down  blush.gif .  After I reset the aircon and turned his fan off and gave him a cuddle he went back to sleep.  Woke again at 4am but he was only grizzling and just needed the dummy and a quick pat, then I left him to go back to sleep on his own.  I don't mind leaving him to grizzle but I won't let him cry when he's sounding distressed.  I'm sick of comments from people about how I'm spoiling him or pandering to him or creating bad habits.  If only they could hear him...it's heartbreaking  sad.gif .  But he's so happy during the day and goes down to bed easily, so I'm not sure what's going on.  I would have thought that teething would affect him during the day too and separation anxiety would affect him when I first put him to bed.  Maybe he's having bad dreams???  Any ideas?

Anyway, the boy is finally awake so I must go.  Hope everyone has a great day.  I'll try to BBL to post some photos of the lovebirds  tongue.gif .

Kath

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.