HELP! Glitter Paint for walls

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 The Cat

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:57 AM

I have hit a dead end and thought I'd put it to EB to help me. Surely somebody here could help me?

Does anybody know of a glitter paint for walls?

I want to do a feature wall in Crystal's bedroom that is glittery.

Ideally it would be a clear paint with silver glitter in it.

This has turned into a quest for me, I have rang a few places and I have had no luck yet.

One place suggested to get a clear matte finish and to put glitter in it, but I don't know. I do not want to do that only for the glitter to break down in the paint, iykwim?

*sigh* I *will* not give up hope on my envisioned pretty room for my babe!

#2 Nut

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:06 PM

I can't help with getting it...

But I have seen someone who used it... It looked terrible... It was all patchy, glitter really thick in some areas and non existant in others... Absolutely nothing like what they advertise...

Probably doesn't help much but I thought I should let you know anyway... I will try to find out where they got it from if you like, though it was a while ago.

#3 bad-kitty-bella

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:15 PM

You can get it at Bunnings in the Paint section. I *think* it's made by Dulux - "colour effects" range.

#4 nev

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:18 PM

Can't say for certain but I am sure I have seen some in big w, but it may have been the chalkboard range??  Not sure how long ago though. I am with the other pp that I think dulux has one too

xx

#5 The Cat

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:24 PM

Thanks for the answers so far.

I have been to Bunnings, they say they have no glitter paints.

There used to be a Disney range but that was discontinued. (I think this was the chalkboard range in Big W too).

Dulux had 'Wonderwalls Fairydust' but that is also discontinued.

Keep the answers coming girls. Surely someone can have the magic answer? *fingers crossed*.

Edited by HappyCat, 16 March 2007 - 12:25 PM.

#6 bad-kitty-bella

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:36 PM

Yes, that was it. Ring Dulux and see if you can track down some old stock?

#7 ~mimo~

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:45 PM

Magnetmart has it. DH bought some but it doesn't seem to be too "Glittery" iykwim

#8 -Kit-

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:04 PM

My local Big W has the Dulux had Wonderwalls Fairydust, I saw it there last week. Perhaps trying to ring around a few stores, you never know who may just have it in stock still.

#9 Lee~XOX

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:52 PM

Good luck!  My local Big W had the Disney tubes just a couple of weeks ago.  Not sure if the tubes are enough though!  There was glitter, glow in the dark etc available.

Lee

#10 Chelsea

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:28 PM

We used the Dulux one for Madi a few years ago, it was a bit patchy like Nut described but I did it myself  blush.gif  Our friends has a painter do theirs & it looked much better!

I can tell you its an absolute pain if you want to re-paint the room, Its Sam's room now & we didn't think he would want a bright pink glittery room & boy did it take some sanding to get off.

xx Chels

#11 The Cat

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:14 PM

Thanks again.

After going to another Bunnings shop today I have found out more.

Dulux DO still make the Fairy Dust.

BUT they do not stock it in South Australia and it is not possible to order one to come to an SA shop.  cry1.gif

You know, this should just be water off a ducks back and I should just forget about it. But the thing is, is that I am not a creative person, I never get 'inspired' to create something....... and now that I have this idea in my head, it is just about all I can think about.

**kicks foot in dirt** This is s'not fair!  cry1.gif

Hmm, I am going to ring Dulux Head Office in Australia on Monday morning and make a complaint and beg them to send me a tin. *fingers, toes and everything crossed* .

Crystal will have a pretty bedroom!

Edited by HappyCat, 16 March 2007 - 06:16 PM.

#12 tiga

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:49 PM

I have done a few walls and cubby house with both the Dulux one and also one from Lindcraft. Lind craft one is with the Poster Paints and is in a big clear bottle and pretty cheap. they both looked just as good as each other.

#13 The Cat

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:01 PM

Lind craft one is with the Poster Paints and is in a big clear bottle and pretty cheap. they both looked just as good as each other.

Oooooooh, thank you! I will have to go check that out.

I swear I will murder the sales assistant there if they say they have discontinued the line! ROFL!

#14 To The Moon..

Posted 17 March 2007 - 06:10 AM

I saw some cans of glitter spray paint in Bunnings yesterday, think it was about 10 bucks a can?

Might go on more evenly than with a brush??

Anyway, hope you find what youre looking for, good luck  original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ek-houseofmagic-thumb

Win a House of Magic prize pack

To celebrate the release of the new movie House of Magic, we have 10 double passes and magic sets to give away just in time for these school holidays. Enter Now for a chance to win!

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.