April 06 Parents #75

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

#51 mumto4monkeys

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:19 PM

Soryy, been MIA, so i havnt had a chance to read everyones posts... but i did read this:
Congratulations Tracy!

and from me thats it... gotta go and help my sister knit now...

#52 Quack Quack

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:13 PM

hi!!! im just ducking in on the way to do the school run... to say a big THANKYOU!!!! for malakai's secret birthday pressie!!!! sory i didnt take any pics of him opening it my camera has flat batteries  sad.gif  but it was a beautiful pewter photo frame with babys 1st birthday on it!! it will be a lovely reminder of his EB friend .... thanks again.. you know who you are  happy.gif  will seeyou all later  xxxx

#53 mummagoobs

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:10 PM

Ok this is a seriously short post, and I need to go back and catch up on the thread, but I just saw your post Shelldar and I can't believe you were in Bowral...we move there next Friday!!! WOOHOO!!!  wink.gif

#54 Freyja

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:14 PM

I had a bit of catching up to do!

Tracy
- Congrats on the upcoming wedding! My sister is getting married the week before on Friday, 21st September and both my girls are flower girls  biggrin.gif Wow - 6 steps - go Willow!

Congrats to the first steps = Alex and Willow- hope I didn't miss anyone there  wink.gif

Blueynat - yeah, needles are not fun. I have Rose's and DD1's 4 year ones next month. I am really dreading DD1's as she wil know what is happening...

Kirsten - Well done to your SIL and your new niece  biggrin.gif I bet it;s hard to believe you had one that little about a year ago!

Sharyn - I'm glad you and your DH had a talk and got the TTC thing sorted for now. Fingers crossed for early next year for you!

Kaz
- I was shocked when I saw catie's haircut! She looks so grown up. Amazing. I am sure the party will go beautifully on Sunday - have fun with all the preparations!

Scuttlebug - Oh, such sad news about your friend's little girl. It's simply devastating.

Mel - Enjoy your weekend away this week! I can understand exactly what you're saying and we have less kids than you! The saying that you have to 'work' on your marriage is so true with kids, huh!

Dee
- Sounds like you and DH have some good things in place to get your issues sorted. Is there a good chance you can get moved to a 'no flying' area? Yay to Eyelee pulling to stand!

Rose is doing something new! It's just adorable. She waves good bye (her whole arm flaps up and down with no bend in the elbow) while she calls out " ba!" (bye) I love it. I consider it her first real word. She babbles "dadada" when whingy "mamama" but I'm not 100% she is associating those sounds with us, iykwim. It's all very exciting, lol.  

Ange - good luck with the move! That seems sudden - what's happened???? I'm such a sticky beak, hehe.

#55 scuttlebutt

Posted 21 March 2007 - 04:00 PM

I was feeling nostalgic about the fact that our babies are starting to turn one, so I went looking at our old due in threads, and look at this thread that I found, from a year ago tomorrow...

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....dpost&p=2266689

#56 My3kiddies

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:34 PM

Just ETA my post to say that Chris just came home and  gave me a hugh hug and said I was beautiful so I think its his way of saying sorry. I still hate the fact that he is still going to look at that stuff on the internet but I can't stop him, as long as he just looks and not touches I suppose I can be ok with that.

Ok I better go and bath these girls, I am pretty organised surprisingly.

I will be back tmorrow to do personals.
Bye
Tracy original.gif

Edited by ***My2Girls***, 21 March 2007 - 06:26 PM.

#57 scuttlebutt

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:08 PM

Gosh Tracy, sorry, I skipped through the last few posts.

hugs to you sweets.  Chat with Chris about it, I tend to agree that it is a male thing, but he should be open enough to talk to you about it.  I am sure that you can work through it though, he really does love you, or he wouldn't be marrying you!!!

#58 blueynat

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:27 PM

evening ladies,

Well i have just finished Yolanda's cake I hope it looks ok.

Kate that is scary looking at when we were all still due.

It makes me sad realising now my baby is growing up.

I best go as i know i'm going to have an early morning.

Take care all

I think this is the link to the cake i have done:

I hope the cake turned out in the pic ok

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c243/blueynat/DSC00088.jpg

Edited by blueynat, 21 March 2007 - 07:34 PM.

#59 natw

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:38 PM

Evening girls,

I'm just being cheeky and posting this now (cause I'm not sure if I'll be on tomorrow).

Let the first birhtdays begin.... biggrin.gif

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY YOLANDA!!! I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow!! Blueynat The cake looks great! You're very talented!

Tracy (((hugs))) to you. Sounds like Chris' way of saying sorry  wub.gif I know it's different for everyone, but I don't think it is something that is acceptable for all males to do  <_< Like the others said, keep communicating.

Kate Thanks for posting the old thread. Wow 12 months really goes fast, doesn't it!!

Kristy Awwww Rose is such a clever girl! Had a great time the other day, thanks  original.gif

Ange Ooooh, how exciting!! Do tell us more, hehe. I hope the move goes well. Bowral is beautiful.

Kerri Hi! I'm looking forward to hearing what pressies are being sent, cause I've got no idea what to buy for my bub, lol.

acmte Hi!

Kaz Loved the picture of Caitie, she looks so cute with her haircut  happy.gif Hope her party preparations are going well.

Shelldar Your party sounds like it's going to be sooo much fun!! Poor Riley, I hope he gets some relief from his teething soon.

Reenie Joel has a few curls too! I'm dead straight, as is DD (and DH is bald, hehe). I'm hoping it stays curly.

Sharyn Sounds like the play was great, and very relevant to you atm. Good luck with finding your birth mother. I can't believe you are contemplating building again  ohmy.gif

Kirsten Yaaayyyy Congratulations on becoming an Aunty!! I bet Juliet is just gorgeous  happy.gif

Chelle Hi! It's nice to hear an update on you and gorgeous Mia. What a great idea for Mia's invitations! We went a bit over the top for Hannah's 1st b/day, but don't stress, it will be worth it  wink.gif and you'll all have a great day.

Dee Hope things are well. It was nice to see you post again. I hope the changes at work come about, and some changes at home too  wink.gif

Us I went to the dentist yesterday, and he put me on antibiotics because of an abscess  sad.gif and I'm going back next week to start root canal therapy  cry1.gif Those tears are not because of the pain, or because I'm scared, but because it will cost me about $1000! That is just with a filling at the end of it  ohmy.gif If I was getting my tooth crowned it would be an extra $1200  ohmy.gif Anyway, my tooth is killing me atm, so it needs to be done.

Joel is going okay. He slept a total of 45 minutes today ggrrrrr. That was better than yesterday when he did 20 minutes in the car  blink.gif I'm starting to wonder why I bother trying to put him to sleep - he just will not sleep! (Now that I've said that, he'll probably do two huge sleeps tomorrow  rolleyes.gif ) The good thing is that he is good and ready for bed by 6 - 6.30pm.

It just took me ages cutting down the amount of emoticons I was using, lol.

Night all..

#60 reenie_78

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:07 PM

Good evening all

I should be in bed as im going back to work tomorrow but DH isnt getting home till about 11pm and i havent seen him today  sad.gif, hopefully not too much longer!!
Will had a bad day today but I think he's teething, he's still cheeky all the time laugh.gif

Natw - Me too i love curls... tongue.gif I have a dentist appt on the 5th of april and am not looking forward to it.

blueynat - Your cake looks fantastic, I hope mine turns out ok..

~~Kaz~~ Yup got the kidney u/s results and they were clear, so finally he's back to his cute, cheeky self, except for some teeth coming through

thinkerbell - thankyou, at least I get a break this weekend, I am doing a massage course...Yay!! laugh.gif

Hope you all have a great rest of the week, and weekend, I will try and come on here over the weekend...

#61 ~shell~

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:21 PM

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY YOLANDA!!!

#62 2forSuz

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:11 PM

Not long to go now until the 1st birthdays begin:

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY YOLANDA!!!!   Hope you all have a wonderful day - enjoy that wonderful cake mummy made for you original.gif  Great job blueynat.

#63 blueynat

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:31 AM

Happy Birthday Yolanda.I want my baby back  cry1.gif

Thanks for the compliments on the cake.

Hope everyone enjoys their day.
will try and post more later as i have so much to do.

Better go my birthday girl just woke up and i gotta give her some pressies.

Take care

#64 ~Kirsten~

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:44 AM

Happy First Birthday To Yolanda!

Thanks to everyone for their congratulations on my first niece.  It's lovely being an auntie for the first time.  A beautiful newborn to hold without being preggo or having to give birth.

Baby is Juliet Ellen.  Ellen from our nana who passed away in 2006.  14 hour labour.  7pd13oz.  Born at 3.37am.  Poor sis-in-law was badly torn, lots of stitches and may need surgery to repair the damage.  She is on top of the world though.  I guess today might be a different matter once all the pain sets in down below.  The hospital were really good and banned visitors yesterday, I thought that was great, wish they had done that for me after Noah.  So we only got to go in at 7pm last night.

I'll pop in a piccie...Hang on a sec!
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Kir...303a_resize.jpg

Unfortunately seeing her made me a bit emotional and made me realize just how much I want another baby.  We'll see how DH goes when he meets her tonight!  Hopefully he'll get a bit clucky too.

Edited by Lily-Lolly, 22 March 2007 - 06:16 AM.

#65 Freyja

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:53 AM

Happy birthday Yolanda!

Nat - Thanks, We had a lovely time too  original.gif Oh no - 1K is a lot to fork out! Glad to hear you're getting it fixed though.

Reenie_78 - I hope your day today is better than yesterday

Gotta run, it's a work day.

#66 RachaelD

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:53 AM

Just popping my head in to say

[size=3]HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY YOLANDA!![/size]

Enjoy your special day and hope you get spoilt rotten (I know you will).

Nat - great job on the cake!

#67 scuttlebutt

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:14 AM

Happy 1st Birthday Yolanda!!!

The cake looks fantastic!

And Hi Rachael, hope everything is going well with you!

Bugger, I got up early in the hope that I could have some quiet time while Austin has his morning sleep, but it sounds like he is awake  glare.gif

#68 Guest_~Karla~_*

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:43 AM

Happy 1st Birthday Yolanda!!!
Enjoy your special day....

Edited by ~Karla~, 22 March 2007 - 07:43 AM.

#69 tomkatsmum

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:47 AM

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY YOLANDA!!  HAVE A GREAT DAY!

HI EVERYONE.  No work again today.  Agghhhh... was hoping for the cash this week.  Oh well.  I was going to work, but then the year 9 camp that was on got called home because of the massive rain up near mt baw baw etc.  they were camping and got flooded! so the kids and teachers are back so they don't need me. sad.gif

We finally had a great day with Tom yesterday.  I took them down the street to grab some things and go to the library and I didn't eve put him n the pram and he was an angel!  even went straight to sleep last night!  a different kid.  It was such a nice change.

I have so much to do here today and i just can't be bothered.  It's supposed to be hot today, although there is still thick fog atm.  Once the grass dries i have to mow that.  I am going to do up the garden so we can put this house on the market.

okay, i will back later for personals but just wanted to say KATE - thanks for posting the link to our DIA thread.  It was bizarre to read...especially when we are talking about our bubs who hadn't arrived yet but they are all there in our udated sigs!  

have a great day everyone.  

love to all, Sharyn

#70 ~cackleberry~

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:27 AM

Happy 1st Birthday, Yolanda  Getting a little emotional here.   cry1.gif  Our babies!  Blueynat, the cake looks wonderful, well done!!  Have a great day today.

#71 princesstaya

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:30 AM

And so it begins:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOLANDA!!!

Enjoy you special day little one .

Love the cake! blueynat biggrin.gif

Have a great day everyone, i will try and get back later had a bad night with lil' miss she just wanted to play for 2.5 hrs in the middle of the night cry1.gif .  This is just not on glare.gif

BBL

#72 Polaris

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:49 AM

I didn't want to get on and not post.  I am at home today with my little girl who is sick.  Poor thing is sleeping at the moment.

Well work hasn't come to the party with stopping me flying so I am going to see a counseller (provided by work) and see if I can get any further.  Things at home still aren't normal but I am trying.  Hopefully things will get better.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOLANDA.  OMG, our first of the first birthdays gee it is going too quick.

Sharyn - gee it does sound like a busy day for you.  I am in the same boat, I think why wast a day at home, might as well get some stuff done around the house.  Very hard to do with a whingy baby though.

Kate - no rest for the wicked hey!  Eylee had us up at about 0500 hours but with the amount of snot she had coming out of her nose who could blame her.

Rach - Hi there hope everything is well with you and your family.

Freyja - Have fun at work (that doesn't sound right).

Kirsten - wow what a beautiful little girl, congrats on being an aunt and all the best with convincing you DH.

Gonna have to cut short there, missy missy snot snot is needing me.

Dee

#73 scuttlebutt

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:00 AM

Dee, I have been thinking about you, I really hope that things can be sorted out really soon for you guys.

#74 Sweetchild

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:21 AM

Happy 1st Birthday Yolanda!!! Have a beautiful day little girl!!! The cake looks great Blueynat  original.gif I'm making an ice cream cake too and hope it turns out as good.

Kirsten - Congratulations on becoming an Aunt! Juliet is so cute - thanks for posting a pic. I was all choked up looking at her - newborns are just so special  wub.gif

Sorry to hear that work's not helping Dee. I hope the counsellor can help your situation. Keep you head up. Oh, and i hope little Eylee is feeling better soon.

Edited by Sweetchild, 22 March 2007 - 09:21 AM.

#75 LittleDCJ

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:44 AM

Happy Birthday Yolanda!!   I hope you have a fantastic birthday.  Enjoy the yummy cake that mummy made for you.  

Kirsten - Thanks for posting the gorgeous photo of your neice.  

Dee
- Sorry to hear that work is being difficult.  I hope that things at home get a little easier for you.  We are all here for you at anytime.  I hope that Eylee is feeling better very soon.

Mel - Sorry to hear that Taya thought that it would be okay to play in the middle of the night.  I hope she lets you get some rest today and sleeps all night tonight.

Sharyn - Glad to hear that Tom is being an angel child again.  It is so hard to predict how they are going to be.  Have fun mowing the lawn.

Hi to everyone else

Us - Carter was a pain in the butt at the supermarket this morning.  I had him sitting in the trolley with the strap holding him in and 3x I found him standing up on the seat and holding onto the trolley dancing.  I had him strapped as tight as I could but he managed to keep escaping.  He thought it was so funny, squatting up and down laughing.

He starts childcare in 2 weeks and will be going every Wednesday.  I am going to take him for his 1st orientation this afternoon before I pick Deakin up from cc.  I am sure he will settle in fine.  

Off to buy some more stuff for his party.

Tina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.