Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:24 AM

New thread time

Kim

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=343809

#2 Xanadu25

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:25 AM

biggrin.gif  GOLD   
YAY!!  woo hoo

eta: where did you all come from, 2 pages and I just did an edit-lol. Hot on my heels.

Edited by SUSIE25, 19 March 2007 - 08:29 AM.

#3 ~gemma~

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:26 AM

SILVER
Just changed my ticker again...hehe...funny, the other ticker was 24 weeks and 2 days...this one is 24 weeks and 3 days, lol, coz this one you can put in what timezone i am in!!!

ETA ~ Susie you beat me to it, i was posting in other thread and got a msg back saying my stuff was saved and i thought "quick quick new thread open hurry" LOL

Edited by *~gemma~*, 19 March 2007 - 08:27 AM.

#4 4littlemonkeys

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:27 AM

BIG (.)(.)

Edited by RachieD, 19 March 2007 - 08:28 AM.

#5 *~Tinker~*

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:28 AM

tongue.gif

eta

Oh bugger, the only Monday I am going to be here and I miss out. You know what Rach, you can keep this, not like I'm ever gonna get 'em again  sad.gif

(I made this a month or so ago now...)

(Ok, so not really made it, like I'd be clever enough to make a cake like that!)

Bel: Never thought of yoghurt sandwiches. Maybe I should try that huh? tongue.gif
We have gone back to the old 'fav' apple and mango, but no lumps now. She 'prefers it' smooth again.

Gemma:I think I like the new ticker, big Tigger fan here! Now, you wanted to know where kids find the energy from, well, here's the secret; they run on solar power. Feed the solar power panel food, keep it healthy and it will keep going.  While ever it is daylight (nightime for those kids who have an  extra strong solar panel) and they have enough energy to run the solar panel, they will keep going, kind of like a rechargeable energizer battery!

Shan visiting: I am now working Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, so those days are out for me.
Otherwise I would love to come.

Grinding teeth:
That's a big yes here, all the time  wacko.gif
Ever since she got the top two.

Going now. laugh.gif

Edited by Schell, 19 March 2007 - 08:47 AM.

#6 friendly68

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:35 AM

I think I will have to take a leaf out of Shannon's book and put myself on a strict 9.30pm bedtime too.  I feel so drained lately and am finding it hard to get thru the day sometimes.  I've always been a nightowl and it is just too hard when my boy is up at 6am everyday.  My morning coffee perks me up for the early part of the day, but by the time DH is home at 3.30pm, I'm really petering out.

Thanks for the heads up on the teeth grinding Susie, thought it might be something they just try out.  Seepi, he can only just do it, he has his top 2 teeth and only 1 of his bottom ones so far.

Bel - Glad you have the UTI stuff under control.  I didn't mention to you, but with Caden's UTI, we decided not to go any further with the testing after the U/S showed up all clear for enlargements etc.  There is still a possibility the UTI was caused by renal reflux, but there is also a possibility it wasn't.  So unless he has another one, we decided we are not prepared to put him through the Xray test and just monitor (if he even has a hint of a fever like that again, I have the urine bags ready to get a test done straight away).  Our doctor said if he had the low grade renal reflux they would only monitor anyway, same as we are doing, our U/S doctor thought it was unnecessary at this stage as well given Caden's U/s results.  Thanks for your PM's and help with it.

Edited by friendly68, 19 March 2007 - 04:57 PM.

#7 ~gemma~

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:54 AM

Well i got off my butt and attempted to clean my house, but kept banging my hand and OMG it hurts. For something so small that you can barely notice it bloody hurts!!!

Just got washing to do and have to wash up, have to vac, mop etc but il do that 2moro while Tahlia is at school...

Oh speaking of Tahlia, on Thursday she walked out of school with one of their dolls, i didnt even notice (probably as im used to seeing her with a doll) until we were in the car and gone, so now have to take it back 2moro, Tahlia will not leave this doll alone, its going everywhere with her..She has dolls of her own, but she seems to be attached to this one particular doll. Now i need to teach her that it was wrong of her to take it in the first place, but ive never had to do anything like this before so can someone give me some advice to make it easier for her, but also teach her a lesson. I should have taken the doll off her and put it up somewhere but i didnt think of that at the time

#8 *~Tinker~*

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:03 PM

Gemma: What about if you explain that it is a great doll, but what about the other children at school? How will they enjoy it if you have it at home?
If you leave it at school, everyone can share it, if you take it home, the other children will miss the doll and will get very sad.
Do you like being sad? Like if J takes one of your toys that you like to play with? (If you use something that she is familiar with, like Jordan taking something of hers, or breaking something of hers - it may help her think about what she has done to someone else. Maybe.)

#9 ~gemma~

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:12 PM

Thanx Schell, will give it a go, but usually if she takes something of Jordans and then i do similar and say "so can i give Jordan your toy then?" she will say yes and have no problems with that lol

#10 ~gemma~

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

Where is the echo emoticon??? LOL

Im sitting here trying to figure out Jordans birthday, we are going to have a roast lamb and chooks cooked on the rotisarie(sp??) with roasted veges and just some nibblies i think! 14 adults invited and 12 kids so far. Im pretty sure that will be it so it wont be expensive. Oops hang on forgot DP's dopey brother and his "family" so make that 16 adults and 13 kids... Spose i better ask DP if there is anyone else he wants to come. We will have Jordans birthday lunch and then afters for adults biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Same as we did for Tahlia as it was a combined 1st birthday for her, and DP's birthday after dark.

Oh and the good part about dropping a so called friend is the fact i wont have her feral family here, and yes im happy to use the term feral for these people because thats what they are. Every time they would be at my house i would be stressing, and then to top it all off i would find their kids in my fridge eating my chocolate ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

bla bla bla...im bored LOL

Edited by *~gemma~*, 19 March 2007 - 02:49 PM.

#11 TheyCallMeRach

Posted 19 March 2007 - 05:18 PM

hi girls, i hope you dont mind me hijacking your thread. Im from the May 06 group and we are trying to organise our 1st birthday bash and have seen that you guys seem to have yours organised. We need some ideas on what to do. So what are you guys doing? If someone wants to Pm so i can get some inspiration it would much appreciated.
Thanks again.

#12 MotherClucker

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:22 PM

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

#13 laraq75

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:00 PM

Oh how funny, good luck may girls.  It has been a bit of a process and we are still doing it but we got all our ideas of the September 05 girls.  I will forward you the PM's that they sent me.

Hi to everybody else.  I am back from the coast.  It is so quiet in here at the moment.

Char - sorry to hear that Chayse is so sick.

Rach - If I was around I would have dropped some nappy rash stuff off to you.  I hope it has cleared up now.

Leah - you hot mumma, those photos are amazing.

Anyway just a quick one tonight.  Will be back tomorrow full steam ahead.

hugs

Lara

#14 Guest_*jodie*_*

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:41 PM

Hi girlies,

Just wanted to pop in and ask a question...

I had an email notification that our MSN group will be deleted unless we want it still...so, do we?  And if we do, does anyone want to take over being manager?  There's nothing you have to do except pretend to be the boss  tongue.gif

Let me know what you girls think!

#15 Honeyblonde

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:51 PM

Hey girls

I cant remember who posted the link but I have ordered my first MCN, a Cushie Tushie, biggrin.gif  its yellow ducks on blue waves soooo cute, so I will give it a try and order more if it goes well, also gonna check out the Bubblebubs ones too, as I saw they are good in another thread (I think you posted in it Nat!)
I think I would prefer the AIO's with just some boosters if needed, rather than separate nappies, liners, covers etc.
Another idea I had is I do have heaps of terry towelling and also some flannel, (as baby #1 and #2 were in cloth nappies originally, then I got too busy/lazy/exhausted to keep up with it LOL) so could I just do liners/boosters with them and then PUL covers or something? Would that be cheaper?
C'mon cloth girls give me some advice
I dont think Reeve is a *heavy wetter* in that he never leaks at night (or day) so don't think he needs the super dooper MCN's for heavy wetters but I will see how we go.
If can get a MCN stash going and it should fit Reeve and Jack (he should be TT soon) and then use it for the new bub too.

We worked out we are spending about $3500-$4000 over 3 years for nappies for Reeve and Jack, so a stash worth $700 or even a bit more is still cheaper, I have been reading the Ozcloth site too.

God Gemma you are organised, I havent even thought of organising Reeve's birthday, won't do it till May I think, one things for sure I wont be inviting anyone from DH's side, the sh*t they stir up over every family function is not worth the stress, so they can go jump.  mad.gif

Lara how did Audrey go while you were away? Did she sleep well?

Melb girls quick reminder...meetup is this Wednesday, 21st March, 10 am Lollipops playcentre, F'Gate.
The fabulous famous Danielle (remember her, girls?) will be there also for us to meet YAY!! and the gorgeous Lachlan too! biggrin.gif

Take care

Edited by Honeyblonde, 19 March 2007 - 07:51 PM.

#16 MotherClucker

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:10 PM

ok im gonna rant at yas... cause i know you all love me

rant.gif  rant.gif  rant.gif

so decide it would be easier to go to my old doc and get the refferal letter rather than p*ss around with a new one. so i get an appointment for 11 with a female doc from an indian speaking country. .. i said im here for a refferal letter for docmcf..
why? because i want my iud out
are you having problems with it? no
why do you want it out? i just do
so no bleeding issues? any pain? no
i just want it out
but why? because i dont like it inside me
oh ok
well what sort of birth control will you be going on
um i dont know?
you have had 4 pregnancies? no 3
ok so u have twins, yes 10 months old, a almost 2 year old and a 3 1/2 year old
well have u thought about implannon, the one that goes in your arm
im just here for a letter
ok which bc have u tried?  
*getting massivly p*ssed off* depo vera, and bc pills
did you want a script now
no i just want my letter
--------
and it went on and on and on. i made the mistake of telling her id moved and now live 40 minutes away and will not be returning to the surgery, so she wanted my new address and ph # to update her system. which took another 10 minutes because she didnt understand my accent

she ended up writing the refferal letter that said something like "please see this patient who wants her iud out but has had no complications with it. she will discuss her birth control with you" or some crap

so a 2 minute appointment/letter took over half an hour, plus the 20 minutes i sat there in the germ infested waiting room. some old lady brought her yappy little dog into the surgery too and it kept jumping on everyone.  urrrrrrrrg  wacko.gif

ok thats my whinge for today! bring on thursday lmao

#17 friendly68

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:07 PM

Shannon - what a pain in the a!  With ya on the waiting room, I hate being in them, my well baby got sick from waiting there for his first well baby check at 9 days old.  Can't believe someone took a dog into the surgery - ugghh.

#18 seepi

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:11 PM

Oh Shannon - and you know - if you had a medical issue you were really concerned about you would have got short shrift and been in and out in 2 minutes flat.

Something needs to be done about medical services in this country.

Anyway - at least she wrote the letter, so that is all you need. Ignore what it says.

And HB - something you're not telling us????

cass

Edited by seepi, 19 March 2007 - 09:12 PM.

#19 Honeyblonde

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:34 PM

Hey Shan you should have just told her, nah we are gonna bonk like mad and TTC #5, is that a problem with you Dr?? blink.gif  wacko.gif  wink.gif  tongue.gif
What a rude woman, it would have p*ssed me off too.

#20 *~Tinker~*

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:45 PM

Kylie (HB): Is there something you would like to share?
OH and before I forget *TAG* tongue.gif

Shan:
That is horrible hun, your accent isn't that thick and besides, how hard is it to understand "I want to remove my IUD" and "I want it removed is the reason"? And she should mind her own buisness regarding your BC. If you want more children, that is your choice! (A crazy one, but still up to you and DH alone)
I'd line up a letter stating that you plan to take this matter further about the treatment of this woman and especially that this surgery will allow a yappy dog in, unless ofcourse if it was one of those special, medical needs dogs. (I have seen on TV one that barks when the owner gets low insulin levels.)

Jodie:What MSN group??? wink.gif

Gemma:
You queen of organisation! I have only just put some presents on layby for Alyssa. I have had a slight thought on the party,
(for the Canberra ladies, here's a handy link:)
http://www.canberrakids.com.au/category/55
I'm thinking Kidzone, it is a nice place, they can hold private functions there, with the cost, they cover the kids play, nibbles, drinks and cake. Not bad prices, and less stress. I'm unsure really.

Right this has taken me forever to finish here, after the night I have had, I should go to bed (Got Alyssa finally off to sleep around 10pm!!! wacko.gif  In the words of Kim (Of Kath and Kim) "This child is the baayne mareee of moi lyf."
But I love her...

#21 Honeyblonde

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:54 PM

Errr, sorry girls, I'm not following...?  huh.gif  wacko.gif
What do I have to *spill*?
(okay I must be thick, hey I've had 4 kids so I have baby brain x 4, but yes spell it out for me?)  blush.gif

Take care

#22 friendly68

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:57 PM

If can get a MCN stash going and it should fit Reeve and Jack (he should be TT soon) and then use it for the new bub too.

huh.gif

I thought ah no, maybe I've missed a recent post, but the other girls picked up on it too.

Edited by friendly68, 19 March 2007 - 09:58 PM.

#23 ~gemma~

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:29 AM

Duno bout organisation girls, i havent even thought about the presents yet. I have no idea what to get him either! And im making invites, with a Cars theme, well at least trying to anyway.

Just a quick one from me, waiting for kids to wake up for brekky, then i have to drop Tahlia at school, then come home and finish off cleaning. We have an inspection this arvo so have to make a good impression!!! Oh and Kevin informed me a few weeks ago that we may have to move again soon. The owners are selling this place, hopefully new buyers just want an investment  unsure.gif . Oh and guess when they plan on putting it up for sale....JULY!!!

Shannon ~ You should have just took the prescription for the Pill so she would shut up LOL. Ive done that before and didnt get it filled  ph34r.gif

Im glad i have a good doctor that i can understand! Pity it takes forever just to get in to see him!

Jordy had a bad night last night, i think a tooth is coming, but he went to bed as normal, went to sleep, then around 11 he woke crying so i go in to him, put blanket on him, go to walk out and he screams!!! So i pick him up and take him to bed with me, and he just wanted to lie with me. 1:45 i get him back to bed coz i couldnt hold him anymore the way he wanted, he was asleep, as soon as i put him down he cried and i just thought to myself "no im not going to get you into the habit of sleeping in our bed" so left him and he fell asleep in about 5 mins!

Anyway im off now, might pop in at lunch break   tongue.gif

Kylie - Let me know what the Cushie Tushies are like, they look so cute, and im tossing up between getting a few of them with their deals or a BBH trial pack.

#24 laraq75

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:33 AM

Leah - aww thanks, but i am sure that you were all just busy with lives.

Secret Birthday presents, here is the list of people joining in so far, please let me know by the end of the month if you would like to join in:

KylieHB
Rach
BecAngel
Julia
Cass
Kirsten
Schell
Leah
Susie
Mel
Me

I am sure there is more of you who want to join in but I have been slack and haven't written you names down.

I tried to contact the birthday bash venue last week but we both missed each other.  So I am going to get onto that this week, plus my bank account for anybody who is keen and wants to pay there money.

HB - Audrey slept ok the second night we were down the coast.  The first night she woke at 2am and wouldn't settle and ended up in bed with us until 6am.  Yes, do you have some news?

Shan - that is shocking.  The doctor shouldn't care why you want it removed.  It is your body and your decision.

I will be around a fair bit today.

hugs

Lara

Edited by laraq75, 20 March 2007 - 08:52 AM.

#25 *~Tinker~*

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:39 AM

Lara: Life? What's a life?
Count me in for the secret birthday thingy, I did mention it to you when I saw you, but it must be easier to remember if it is written down  wink.gif

Gemma:
Oh no unsure.gif  Maybe the new owners will be like ours, willing to keep the current tennants.
Our house got sold 'beneath us' about two years ago. Luckily they were after an investment property and allowed us to stay on.
Fingers crossed for you hun.

Us: Me:
Can someone please teach this very crazy child of mine that sleep is good? Not only did she finally go to sleep at 10pm, (she was so full of jumping beans, I tried many times to get her to sleep) she woke at 1230, 140, 220, 430 and 6. wacko.gif  So one very sleep deprived mummy here. Hopefully I will get her to sleep this morning so I can get in a nap before work.

Edited by Schell, 20 March 2007 - 07:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.