June 06 Parents #83

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#126 danicol

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:25 AM

hi ladies..
thanks so much for making me feel like a silly duffa tongue.gif  wub.gif will reply to the pm's when i have a bit more time..
forgot to mention in previous post that AF has also returned.. making the emotional rollercoaster a hormonal one too! wacko.gif

Kylie and Susie, i had a lovely morning yesterday, Alexandra enjoyed playing with Jackson! smile1.gif and i was so proud i resisted.. god only knows how.. but i didn't pinch Jack's cheecks.. they are just so gorgeous though..
Julia- it was a shame you couldn't make it.. but Olivia would have had 3 boys fighting over.. smile1.gif

Cass- yes i think Lachlan and Adele could be twins! (it'ds the ears!) DH genes are very strong  cool.gif i remarked that the Collins genes are very strong, and Alexandra said 'Where are Colin's Jeans?" and began looking in a draw! it was so funny.. (we know a Colin.. which is why she took it so literally!

Schell and Lara.. glad to hear that you and the girls are okay.. but oh my goodness about the stupis woman's car.. loks like Golf are pretty sturdy cars though!

anyway.. the good news is tomorrow our container arrives.. so i will finally have my computer... and everything else.. so my life will eventually get back to where i want it.. even what i cook for dinner is dictated by the lack of utensils i have which is frustrating... wacko.gif  okay..
big hello's to everyone.. and once again.. thanks for making me feel part of the grp..
hugs

#127 *~Tinker~*

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:35 AM

Hey all, the four of us are going to the doctor's today.
Lara and I both feel like we have been hit by a train. I really wonder how the girls are. As you all know, Alyssa had a rough night, I think Audrey did too.
So sorry, I don't feel up to personals atm.
I can't believe the cow, moron 'other' driver sounds like she wants to blame us!

eta: I also wanted to say thankyou all for your concerns and advice.

also eta, on the preservative 220, I spoke to DH about this. (He works for Food Safety standards Australia.)
He said that the amount of sulfur is very tiny, so small that it won't cause any effect. He mentioned that there are actually some products that contain naturally occurring arsenic.

Edited by Schell, 22 March 2007 - 09:55 AM.

#128 friendly68

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:50 AM

Schell - poor girls, hope you gals and they kidlets are all feeling better soon.  Don't worry about who or what the old cow thinks she is going to blame - she'll never be in the right, she's in the wrong and she knows it - tough titties to her.

#129 *~Tinker~*

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:58 AM

Oh yes, big suck eggs to her, we know we were stopped at an intersection, waiting to turn, and she never even applied the brakes (so witnesses said - as I asked as soon as I saw her car "was she speeding?")
Such a shame there were two lots of witnesses, huh?
Plus the police said "Yup, her fault, no doubt about it."

#130 seepi

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:33 AM

Pffft! to the crash woman. If she ran up the back of you how could it possibly be your fault. She is probably just trying to justify to herself how she could do something so stupid. I was impressed with how well the Golf seems to have stood up to it too.

Years ago a silly old man ran up the back of me as I waited to turn left, the first time I ever drove my new car, and tried to say I was giving way for too long. Sorry buster - if you ram up the back of someone it is your fault. My insurance didn't even bother interviewing witnesses etc, it is clearcut if you are stationary at an intersection and they ram into you.

Char - YAY that it isn't rotavirus - it can be really nasty they say. Roni's Damien had it and wasn't too bad tho (I think - Roni??) We had Adele vaccinated, cos she was seeing a paediatrician early on, who recommended it. It cost a fortune (something like $140 x 3 for the vaccinations and a couple of dr appts at 50.00) but I'm glad we did it now. It has to be done before they are 7 months. And as of this year all babies get vaccinated for free, so our lot just missed out.

I'm a bit frightened of all this gastro going around. Adele has only just become happy after her cold/teeth etc for the last few weeks. She didn't eat well while she was sick, so that could be why she hasn't put on much weight. She might've even lost some - her nappies fit on the tightest setting again... I must try to organise myself to get to the drop in day at the health centre at the crack of dawn on Friday to get her weighed.

Dani - I'm glad you can see the resemblance too. I can't wait to see Lachlan in person at the birthday meet! DP has strong genes too - Adele doesn't resemble me in the slightest. It isn't just the ears - they have similar delicate features I think - and a cheeky little grin. I'm going to try to find a piccie where she looks like Kylie's pic of Lachlan now. (That will keep me busy while I should be tidying my house....)

YAY that you have got all your stuff (or very soon). You are bound to feel better then. Also I really do think AF has something to answer for. I was so cranky and depressed last week, and even had a spack and told DP he was on baby duty all weekend. Sure enough AF arrived this week and I feel much more normal. It was still worth it though - it was great having him look after Adele all weekend (a three day weekend and all), and I think it did give him a bit of insight, even if he didn't say so.

Bel - I'm flexible on the dinner - happy to bring DP and Adele if most partners are coming, but also happy to fly solo - DP never minds not coming out, and Adele may be asleep with any luck. I'm getting quite interested in numbers on food too - 220 is in my favourite lemon squash...so sad. Still - finances are driving me to drink lemon cordial instead anyway.

Niclole - poor Tayla! Keep an eye on her and go back to the dr if you think she is still unwell. It could be time to start changing her on the floor if she is getting so active.

Ok - that is enough from me for today!

Have a good one everyone - can you believe our little munchkins are 9 months old now!!! (or close to it).

Cass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.