June 06 Parents #83

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#51 Honeyblonde

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:07 PM

Rach you have lost weight so fast, and have such a great metabolism that I think you could eat 20 cookies and it wouldnt matter, you are entitled to a little breakdown every now and then, and if eating choccie or cookies gets you through for now then thats ok! Hope you are feeling happier soon! (and anyway you did type that they were *healthy* ones  tongue.gif )

Emma, freaky!  wacko.gif  I was just thinking of you today and that you were MIA and was going to PM you, and then...here you are!!
Glad you are still around! Poor Amelie, and wow on the 2 teeth, Reeve's are slowly coming,his bottom gum is getting bigger and fatter, so they are getting there!

Okay I have to get ready for tomorrow and do some ironing  <_< as I have to get all 4 kids ready, 2 off to school and then leave straight away to get there in time, DH is coming too I think but dont worry girls I am sending him off to wander around Bunnings and d*ck Smith (he loves electronics) so he wont annoy us  wink.gif

Lara of course we will try for a meet-up when you are down here!  biggrin.gif

Okay Im going! (This must be a record amount of posts in one day for me!)

#52 *~Tinker~*

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:11 PM

Ultra quick while I remember:

Mel:
I don't know how I function either. Alyssa must have passed it onto me, as before I was pg, I would last the day without getting at least a full 8 hours straight!

Susie:
There is a disposable insert called bebes ultra nappy mates.
I picked mine up at woolies, but I have found them online:
http://www.babyneeds.com.au/mystore/viewIt...sp?idProduct=32
They worked brilliantly when DD leaked through her nappies.
Might help?

Ok got a wide awake child needing some attention.

#53 roni29

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:21 PM

Sick/bruised/rashy/vomity babies: Get Well Soon!!

Your poor mummies need a break!

And before I forget, who's in Brisbane? (You'd think I'd know by now but my brain just doesn't seem to work anymore!) Want to meet up next month? Friday 27th April any good for anyone?

biggrin.gif

#54 laraq75

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:26 PM

Roni - hehe, you are so sweet.

Schell - good luck getting Alyssa to sleep

Rach - you can have a break down anytime you want to. You totally deserve a medal.  Eat as many chocolate biscuits as you like.  If DH was here I would come over and bring over the triple chocolate biscuits from PG.

Nicole - poor Tayla.  She is one lucky girl.  It could have been heaps worse.

#55 Xanadu25

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:36 PM

Thanks Schell, I might give them a go. Esp. at night time when he sleeps the longest. Might see if our Safeway has them . I think its your Woolies equiv.

Susie

#56 MRT

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:02 PM

Susie - have you tried a bigger size in Huggies? You probably have but I found that with Zoe I buy the size bigger than what she really needs and then she's not wet through in the morning. Mind you she's not as bad as Jack sounds we haven't done 4 am nappy changes for a very long time.  biggrin.gif

Rach - look on the bright side, they could have been BAD chocolate chip cookies. If it was me I would have probably eaten 10 blocks of chocolate. If it makes you feel any better I usually cry if Zoe spews on me. I don't mean a little spill spew, but if it's a power chuck I cry (and my DH is home imagine how I'd react if he wasn't). It frightens me most times I think. Anyway tomorrow is a new day and as you say you can just start again then. Chin up you are doing a fab job.

#57 Xanadu25

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:19 PM

Mell: I did try a bigger size (also have 4 boxes bought on special he needs to grow into-lol). Gone back to the 10-15kg.
He can wet thru nappies during the day too and I change him fairly often to keep him fresh and comfy anyway. Its here and there, not every night. I just meant when he does it at an odd hour, mummy gets grumpy cos DH wouldnt hear an elephant if it drove a V8 thru the bedroom.Whereas I have slept with one ear switched on ever since he was born.Why is that?Must be mummy instinct  laugh.gif
I just thought an extra insert might be the go to make him last thru the night. Maybe cos he turns over a fair bit, the nappy seems to scrunch down, sometimes creating a gap so it cant handle an extra wee  tongue.gif
Sometimes they are as heavy as my handbag -lol

Rach: Jack had an Excorcist like spew once a few months ago that scared the life out of me. We had just introduced chicken, probably a bit too much.Anyway, I think more come out then went in.And boy did it come out. sick.gif
Poor thing, straight to the bath to hose him down.Thought his head was going to spin. He didnt seem to phased though. he didnt have chicken for another couple of months cos we were to scared to give it to him.He stayed vegetarian a bit longer.

MMmmmm...choc chip cookies. Though I like the unhealthy ones.
How come everything good is bad for you? With the exception of BDing -  laugh.gif

Nite all,
Susie

#58 4littlemonkeys

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:24 PM

Susie - LOL at BDing.  I honestly forget what its all about. When DF gets back i will have to learn all over again.  I think i'm a born again virgin.  Here is a link to my recipe girls for the choc chip biccies. They are honest to god divine.  

Choc chip cookies
http://www.calorieking.com.au/recipes/Baki...nJpZD00NzA.html

Gotta have a shower and get to bed.

#59 Xanadu25

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:52 PM

Leah: I use Aldis on him too. I think he's just a big wetter some of the time. The reason I dont out a bigger nappy on him is that they are gappy around the legs so I'm guessing an escape for #1 and #2 -lol. Maybe some rubber fishing waders -haha. Wonder if they have them in size 0-1.

Rach: that recipe sounds quick and easy. might give it a shot but not tell DH they are lite. he wouldnt know anyway, he'll gulp them down while they are warm.

Just caught up on Desperate Housewives that I taped from Monday. The shooting episode.Was pretty good.Still have Brothers and Sisters to watch but will leave that for 2moro.Must attn span only lasts an hour at most now since Jack.
I usually catch up when he goes to bed.

Okay, off to bed for me to.
Nite all (take 2)
Susie

#60 Xanadu25

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:42 AM

Morning all,
2 messages in a row. You lot are gonna accuse me of not sleeping again.  wink.gif

Ahhh, jinxed myself. he woke at 4am. not wet thru, so thats something. Thankyou Aldi-lol.
Up again at 6.30am, he must have set his internal alarm cos Bear in the big Blue House is on.

Susie

#61 4littlemonkeys

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:23 AM

unsure.gif  unsure.gif  unsure.gif  unsure.gif

OMG Guess who slept from 7.30pm-7.00am.  ISABEL!!!!!  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

I of course woke about 4 times just hearing her change breathing etc.  She is sitting here chatting to me and is happy - so hopefully she is all better.

I feel a bit sick this morning so hope its the choc chip biscuits making me feel this way and not the gastro bug.  I am making myself eat breakfast as we are off to the gym in 1 1/2 hours.  

Susie - We use the Aldi nappies and we rarely have issues with them which is good. Now i use them at night time and try to put the kids in cloth of a day time.  I have tried so many other nappies - babylove, snugglers etc and now i only use huggies when on special or Aldi.

Okey better go -

Rach wink.gif

Edited by RachieD, 21 March 2007 - 06:38 AM.

#62 laraq75

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:03 AM

Susie - I think you keep similiar hours to me. It is just that I don't post when I am still awake at night and early in the morning.  But I do tend to eat my breakfast in front of eb.

Rach - woohoo on Izzy sleeping through.  That is great. Now she just needs to keep doing it.  Apparently I woke up 4 times last night.  I don't remember it but apparently I did. You might be feeling sick because you got too much sleep. original.gif

Leah - what happened to you last night?  You suddenly disappeared.  I wanted to let you know that I put Audrey is those little blue dungarees that both the girls have yesterday.  I was surprised she still fit in them.  But she does.  Don't you just love all the stuff in the new PP catalogue. original.gif

hugs

Lara

#63 4littlemonkeys

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:33 AM

WEll no gym for us today.  Keenan just  sick.gif  sick.gif  sick.gif  sick.gif again. So that was lovely!

Rach wink.gif

#64 laraq75

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:07 AM

Leah - I think the PP blue overalls are 3-6 months.  Says alot about how small Audrey is.  I am going to go and get her weighed next week for her monthly weigh in and see is she has grown. My mum bought Audrey those new red overalls in the PP catalogue.  All that red stuff is just gorgeous.

#65 MotherClucker

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:27 AM

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif leah yah it might be on the cards. its raining again today so not much else to do  wink.gif

aww rach yukky spew!! i hope everyone is better soon. i hate vomit and usually end up vomiting myself when i clean it up. same with poo. there have been a few times ive just placed the kids in the shower, had a plastic bag ready and taken the nappy off because it was so liquid.

make sure ya do you PC excersizes too Rach. lol dh will get the shock of his life, ya might even squeeze it off.

grr sarahs hassling me for breakfast! the nerve!! bbs for more personals

actually i want to send get well soon vibes out to all our little sickies. there are so many to mention but i will go back soon and mention them all in my next post.

and dani i keep starin at your msn name which says "3 days til we leave"  happy.gif   we miss u in chat you know  cry1.gif

ok m yarm is being pulled outta its socket so i better go feed her before she yanks it completly off and starts eating it

#66 *~Tinker~*

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:29 AM

Argh, just lost a huge post!!! wacko.gif
I will have to come back with it later.

I almost feel human, Alyssa only woke up at 1am and 4am, now I need to merge them together and get her to wake the once and I will be me again!!!!

BBL

#67 ~gemma~

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:47 AM

Good morning all.

Well kids have eaten, i have the stew in the slow cooker, lets hope it turns out ok....  unsure.gif  I hope it was ok to put some beef stock in it  ph34r.gif ...otherwise its ruined LOL.

Just gota wash up and then i can relax for the rest of the day!

To all the sick people...

GET WELL SOON!!!

Ok BBL

#68 ~gemma~

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:08 AM

Lisa ~ You will be fine...I hate being alone, i get scared at night time LOL. How long will R be away for?

#69 laraq75

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:13 AM

Lisa - just put Jess to work.  I am sure she will be able to help.  I have only done with with one child.  I think those of you with more are brave.

Off to swimming in two secs.  I am taking my dad with us.  He really wants to see Audrey swimming.  It is so sweet.

hugs

Lara

#70 ~NatB~

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:24 AM

Thanks Veronica biggrin.gif  wub.gif

#71 *~Tinker~*

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:30 AM

wub.gif  Gorgeous sig Nat! Hope your family is feeling better.

Lisa: Good luck, although you should be fine, as Lara said, put Jess to work. wink.gif

Lara: Have fun at swimming with a nutty baby!

I dunno what I said in my post that I lost... I think it is gone for good!  blink.gif

Argh, gotta go, Alyssa is having fur for breaky

#72 ~gemma~

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:49 AM

a little game to play:

5 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 5 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

guess the anon users

#73 *~Tinker~*

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:51 AM

Can I play too?
I guess you are one of them Gem, and maybe Lisa and possibly Shan.

4 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 3 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Schell

eta:
Can you all guess that I am home to play today??
also, someone wants to type something:

'.;/;.,.,  jjijkjkkhkjmmjkmg k,fml;
-\y/l;0--32'4frdcc`5 uihnnhjmn v  ,c

Edited by Schell, 21 March 2007 - 09:56 AM.

#74 *~Tinker~*

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:57 AM

Oh the serial lurker Leah, I forgot about you. tongue.gif

3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Schell

eta: Did you all miss my presence over the past week wink.gif

Edited by Schell, 21 March 2007 - 09:59 AM.

#75 ~gemma~

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:05 AM

Yip i was 1 of them, i figured Lisa and Leah too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.