Fourty Plus Babes #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

#26 Lizzicat

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:21 PM

lamagenta, IMO you have to do what feels right for you. If you feel you can look after, care for and most important love another baby, then what are you waiting for? tongue.gif  
So you might be the oldest parent at school etc, and you may need a helping hand if nature does not take it's course.
BUT LEAVE NO REGRETS.
Now get DP and off you go tongue.gif (I want to see a BFP soon)

#27 Lavenda

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:18 AM

Yes I have 3 boys 20, 17, 13, He has 3 boys 27,16,13 and 1 girl 21, And 1 granddaughter 2mths

#28 frazzled

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:17 PM

Fantastic...babysitters all ready to go!!!

#29 Bloomer

Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:48 PM

And a ready made playmate.. laughing2.gif

#30 linnieloo62

Posted 04 April 2007 - 10:22 PM

You may well be pushing the statistical age boundaries - but you can have a lot of fun trying to test them if you choose tongue.gif

I wish you all the best  original.gif

I agree TOTALLY with Lizzicat "leave no regrets"

#31 Figmoon

Posted 06 April 2007 - 06:34 PM

Hi ,i'm Kate and i'm 40. I had my first DS two yrs ago at 38 yrs.I have been married eighteen yrs but we could never make our minds up about kids and the yrs rolled by.
DS was concieved after six months of 'trying' and we got pregnant last Dec with our second boy after one month of trying.Sadly we lost him at thirteen weeks .He had Trisomy 10.We will be TTC again soon.
I agreed with the saying 'leave no regrets' having my DS has been my greatest achievement.I just wish i had known this as i strived to climb that pointless work hierarchy.!!!!your priorities change as you mature.Bring on the babies.kate.  laugh.gif

#32 I'MAMUM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 02:18 AM

Oh WOW - people my age!!!!!  This is just wonderful.

Hi Everyone

I'm Michelle and I am 42.  I met and married my DH in 1995.  He has two children DSD 26 and DSS 24 from his previous marriage.  However shortly after his son was born he had an accident at work where very highly concentrated weed killer spilt over his lower abdomen and male bits, since that time he has had a nil sperm count.  

Just after we were married, we went to a gyno to have a sperm count done and have me checked over who told us that we would never have a child naturally and that our only hope was by using a sperm donor.  I really wasn't ready for that - I wanted a child with my DH.  Finally, I got to the point that I would just about grab a child off the street if it meant I could have a baby LOL original.gif  So discussed sperm donorship with DH and of course he was all for it.  Went to an FS and WOW things had changed since 1995 - they did tests and DH was still producing the hormones that make sperm.  I did a fully medicated ICSI cycle and while they were doing the egg pick-up on me, they were also doing a procedure to try and get sperm from my DH.  The doc said "you could father an army with this amount of sperm".  We had a sperm donor picked out just in case there was nothing there but luckily DH is just blocked and they just have to get the sperm via needle aspiration.

Anyway the ICSI worked first go and in July 2005, we received the news that we were pregnant.  Rieley was born in March 2006 when I was 41.

We went to do a Frozen Embryo Transfer last September with 2 of our 4 frozen embryos but none of the 4 survived the thawing process, so we now have to do another fully medicated procedure which we are in the process of saving up for.  I so badly want to have another baby - I will be extremely disappointed if I can't go through another pregnancy, birth and baby.  I just adore my little man and absolutely love (well almost) every moment I spend with him.  

I found that the best thing about being an older mum for the first time was that I've had so much experience with kids through family that not too much has stressed me out regarding a new baby - I've just loved the whole journey - even the night feeds and even when he still occasionally wakes during the night.  I felt pretty confident from the first day home.

Anyway sorry about the life story.  Oh and we have 3 grandchildren from DH's kids.  My DSD is a great babysitter on the odd occasion that we go out and my DSGD aged 4 is a great playmate for Rieley.

Better go before this winds up being a novel.  It's great to meet you ALL.

Oh I also meant to add that for those women who are trying to naturally get pregnant and have a bit of trouble determining when 'O' is, you can buy Ovulation Kits that tell you when your body is ovulating.  I haven't used one but I've heard that they can make a big difference.

Hope that helps.

#33 linnieloo62

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:56 PM

Hi Girls  

Just wanted to say I am really enjoying reading everyones posts and realising I am not all alone.

I think this thread was a great idea original.gif

Hope everyone is going well.

#34 you can do it

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:23 PM

hi all,

i just love reading this thread.  for once i am not the oldest, or youngest, have the most children or longest gap between children.  i love you all already. wub.gif

i have 7 children. i had my 1st at 17 and my last a month before turning 39.  i am now 40 so can join you all.  i hated the fact that i was turning 40 but am fine with it now.

daniel is my last as i have found that my body will just not hold up to another pg and i do find that hard to deal with.

hi helen its great to see you are going well.  the time has gone very quick (for me that is)

#35 bondgal008

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:14 PM

Hi ladies...just happen to come across this thread and think its great and reassuring one original.gif .

Officially im not suppose to be in this thread...as I only turn 39 next month  wink.gif , so 1 more year to go!! But just glad to know many ladies out there are mums and mums to be at this age!!  I for one, certainly am looking forward to turning 40 biggrin.gif

Go ladies....and I will join you next year...tho I will definitely be lurking around ph34r.gif

Caroline

#36 Bloomer

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:31 PM

I just wondered if anyone has had the same problem as I have.  Probably since I was in my 30's I have had times when my hair would fall out and grow back.  Since having Isbella 18 months ago the cycle has repeated.  

I don't think my hair loss is related to the baby anymore I gave up BF almost a year ago. The BP medication I am now on is not know to have any hairloss side effects(which is why I am on it)...I have asked the dr and she was not too worried but that was a few months ago and it is starting to worry me..

#37 charlise

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:15 PM

This is wonderful! Lots and lots and LOTS of Mums in their 40's!!! Now I don't feel so alone... original.gif

I'm 41, happily married to DH who's 35 (...cradlesnatcher me lol). I had DD at 38 (had just only turned 38) - she was naturally conceived, only took 3 months which really surprised me as I thought I might have problems getting pg given my age.

Anyway, we live in the western suburbs of Melbourne and I am a SAHM. Would love to hear from any older Mums in my area - are there any??

Great thread!

#38 peta&chris

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:48 PM

Hi im 40 in August ohmy.gif cant believe it i had my DD at 35 and DS 37 probably going to try for a 3rd
real soon so if all goes to plan will hopefully still be 40 when number 3 comes along.

#39 Iris37

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:25 PM

Hi, I havent posted in this forum before. Im 40 next month. DH and I have an 18yr old DD and now we have DS 3yrs  born when I was 36 and DD 1yr born when I was over 38 1/2. It was a big surprise to learn of my pregnancy with DS.  I had an ectopic pregnancy when DD1 was 2 and there had been no pregnancy's since till DS came along.

We live on the West coast of the South Island NZ.

#40 frazzled

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:42 AM

Yay....happy birthday Lara, and welcome to the old bags club!

#41 Fairytopia

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:14 PM

Hi ladies

Can I join in too ?  My name is Connie and I've just turned 44.  I have a beautiful 4yo DD.  I'm a SAHM with a casual Saturday job but am looking for the right part time job (i.e.  with school holidays off - dream on).  Anyway I would like to ask any "over 40" mums out there who have an only child - is your child asking about brothers or sisters yet ?  Mine keeps asking if I have a baby in my tummy.  In a way, I wish I did.  
I suppose I'm going through a "clucky" stage and also feeling my DD is getting a bit lonely.  Is anyone else in this situation ?

#42 dizzyl

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:37 AM

Hi I'm Liz,

I had my DD at 40 and then 17mths later had DS at 42, he is now a beautiful smiley chubby 7mth old.  Life is great and not a day goes by that i don't thank God for these two beautiful healthy little souls in our lives. I am a late starter purely because i didn't meet Mr Right until iwas 39.

I must say after always being a very fit,healthy energetic woman all my life i can't believe how having two babies has left me feeling so tired and old right now but still, you can't wipe the smile off my face. I was confident i would breeze through pregnancy but even invincable me will have to admit that some things are better doing when you're younger if you have the opportunity.  I guess we were very lucky concieving so easily and we are blessed. But given the chance i wish i'd met my beautiful man earlier in life. Then we would be having 2 MORE.  But at 42 i am extremely satisfied with my lot and say don't let your 40s scare you off starting a family coz if you find yourself already knocking on this door. I can say the room behind is full of toast and jam smiles with milky kisses and finger marks over everything. "a magical wonderland."   grin.gif

#43 ponky

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:51 AM

Hi Everyone
Wondering if I can join in? My name is Felicity and I am 42 with a wonderful DH who is 41 and a gorgeous DS 2yrs.
I did not meet my DH until we were 35 and then were married 2yrs later. We started TTC straight away but nothing we found our after seeing a FS we had MF factors and also I have only one ovary due to a terratoma cyst. We conceived DS thru IVF(ICSI) on our second cycle with only one egg and we are now ttc for nbr 2 which is not going as well. We are just to start our 3rd full stim cycle using a new protocol and a drug called luveris. But if this doesn't work we may just bite the bullet and call it a day.
I also work part-time 3 days a week whilst DS does share care between daycare and his grandparents. We live in Perth.
I love reading everyone stories and even though we have hit 40 we are still yummy mummies.

Felicity

#44 karma65

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:34 PM

Hi everyone,

Hope I can join in to, My name is Lisa and I'm 41, very happily married to the most wonderful man, I have 3 grown up kids to a previous marriage, 4 grandsons and now another gorgous son who is 2 and half that I had at 39, now we are ttc just one more. biggrin.gif

#45 Guest_~caroline~_*

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:01 AM

Hi My name is Eileen and I have an adorable 3yo DD I had her when I was 49

This gives me so much hope!! Thank you.

My husband really wants 2 children and I feel such a failure that it may not happen. He is 6 years younger than me, so that makes it worse.

I don't know whether I should start to investigate clomid or something, I never had any difficulty in the past.

Edited by ~caroline~, 27 May 2007 - 08:18 AM.

#46 Bloomer

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:13 AM

Caroline why don't you go along to your GP and talk about it.  I was 41 when I spoke to her about it and she sent me off for tests to confirm I was ovulating, which I was.  See if there is anything else you can do.  

When DH was given the all clear from his Vasextomy reversal and it was a bit later so I asked for a referal to an IVF clinic.  I am not sure I wanted an IVF baby but definitely to have preliminary tests to see why it wasn't happening.  I had a HSG?? the one where they put the dye through your tubes to confirm they are clear.  DH had more extensive Sperm testing.  The sunday before our Monday appointment I did a pregnancy test and it was positive.  I found taking my mind off it helped a heap.

#47 cuddlepie

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:19 PM

original.gif hello fellow over 40 mums. any room for me? expecting number one bubby at age 41( 42 when bubby arrives) and my gorgeous DH is almost 54. any advice?? only in our tenth week, and a little nervous. hoping and hands.gif thing continue to go well. havent read all the posts yet, but feel im in grat company. i laughed when i read the "old bags club" comment by frazzled. love the photos of the gorgeous little darlings. who said our eggs are too old and shrivelled up?

#48 sophiaanne

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:16 PM

Hi over fourty plus i hope to join in to!i'm 41 and have a 4 month old baby girl, my 1st!I had a perfect pregancy not 1 day sick and the birth went well. i know my eggs aren't too old! biggrin.gif

#49 mumwithallboys

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:35 AM

Hi everyone can I join? I am 43 my DP is 34. I m/c last month and we will be ttc again in August. (have to wait due to having Rubella shot)

hands.gif for a BFP before xmas as this is when our baby was due (early December) This will be my fourth and my DP's third.

#50 Gracie

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:08 AM

Hi there.

I am 41 and my DH is 44. We had DS1 when we were in our 20's and then tried but no more. Then when our son started High School we decided as a family to give it one last shot and try IVF.....DS1 finally has his little brothers - twin boys 26 months original.gif We have thought about trying one more time, but we have twice as much as we ever hoped for so our family is now complete.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.