March 06 Parents #73

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
135 replies to this topic

#126 dehalan

Posted 04 April 2007 - 04:30 PM

Jerry – not sure about bedrest…will see Ob later this month. Last time it all happened in a mad panic at 22weeks.  This time I will get my suture at 14 weeks, hopefully that will prevent the early funneling.  No idea though.  For now..DP is still at home with his back…yes… I hear you say… it has indeed been 6 months.  Who knows how much longer he is here.  If he is back at work I will make my daybed in the lounge.. Harry proof it and have all the toys and activities limited there so we can do a lot together but limit my movements.  We don’t have family here…we’ll make do.

Babies throwing food -  My GP, bless her, informs me this is called “casting” and an important part of development.  *hmmppff*

Kerry – they have to be kidding with their criteria re centrelink grant.

Deehelen/Danielle
– I used to have to read twice, but was getting used to having an “almost” twin.

Chook – how’s hubby’s head?  Ohh 3h’s

Torito – yep, hanging around the due in group but wont join until it has been made super official after GP appointment.  Have an early OB appointment later this month to make sure January doesn’t get repeated.  

Tinkster – in that case… happy trying

List – sure..chop away   anything to be able to keep track better

Twins – shhhhhhhhhhhh  no mention of multiples.  DP and I both, independently of each other (and for different reasons)..have had the twin feeling.  Neither of us have twins in the family so it is highly unlikely… just freaky.

GIO – have you had a 21day blood test to see if you are ovulating? Or are you guessing?

Alchemy – hello stranger  good to have you back.

HA!! Jane… I wondered the same about Kerry’s foot!! Nor do I know what Spinifex was doing under a tree. Must have missed something somewhere….  

Milk/Formula
– Harry still gets the newborn formula.  Never did go up to the follow on formula..and now I am mixing it with cows milk again anyway.  Right now his favourite food in the world is Hot CRoss buns (not the glazed ones).

Time for Antiques Roadshow and Harry to wake....

Dehalan

#127 *astro*

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:13 PM

everyone's been so active posting lately, its been great.
I've got pizza in the oven, so this is a quickie.

PLEASE NOTE: I've changed my username from astromumma to *astro*, everyone calls me that anyway!

Edited by *astro*, 04 April 2007 - 05:14 PM.

#128 haventhadenoughat6

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:18 PM

HA!! Jane… I wondered the same about Kerry’s foot!!

laughing2.gif   blush.gif  I found the drop of water on the floor in the shopping centre and decided to take a closer look at it  blush.gif   Have a suspected broken/chipped bone in my foot and 2 very bruised knees (still).

Will be back later for more have to get dinner.

Kerry

#129 Chook3

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:25 PM

Big Waves to Amelliesmummy, I see you down there.

#130 *astro*

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:41 PM

Kerry - i've been thinking of you, how hard it must be

Meg77 - i'm sorry to hear about the end of the bf for you. have you investigated bf friendly medicine? I did grieve after DS weaned. Grieve all you like here. Its interesting how society thinks 12 months is time to stop bf. I got a comment today while i was feeding Eve.

Alchemy - this is for you  hands.gif  Did you know, most 'gods/goddesses' seem to be about fertility/procreation, and the first Commandment God gave was to 'Go forth and have lots of sex and babies', so i dunno if your prayers will work.

My aim for the next thread is to do better personals, maybe even as good as Torito did this thread, i'm impressed (or was it someone else... mind fogging)

Anyways, its been a good read.

#131 atua

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:52 PM

Twins – shhhhhhhhhhhh no mention of multiples. DP and I both, independently of each other (and for different reasons)..have had the twin feeling. Neither of us have twins in the family so it is highly unlikely… just freaky.

funny you say that - adrian had the 'vibe' as well, even after the first u/s where there was only one laughing2.gif ID twins are spontaneous ........

meg - vent away hun - you have done so bloody well, i'm in awe of anyone that can bf as i couldn't - power to you hun getting so far and i know how i felt after 8w, let alone this time sad.gif

we had a mini 'performance' tonight from isabelle - she decided milk didn't come from cups afterall so after half an hour of perservering she's in bed, no milk - she'll be sweet though - she'll wake up if she's hungry and honestly the amt that child eats i'm not stressed.

ahhhh the silence original.gif

#132 Yankiegirl

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:03 PM

Torito and Jane01 - thank you so much, what you said to me meant a lot, I feel I'm doing the best I can!

And Torito and Dehelan congratulations, believe it or not, no matter how challenging my last year has been, I'm terribly jealous!

just a note about the speech thing, I was really worried about this, more because of Joseph's ear infections etc and the fact that he can't seem to make any sounds other than an 'a' or 'ah' sound, like Dah, Mah, Pa, Nah etc.  I was worried he couldn't make sounds like "oh" as in pop. (not necessarily saying pop but the o sound.

Anyway ramble ramble, my BIL is a speech pathologist, more with kids a bit older, however he and asked if Joseph understood things, and that it doesn't matter what they call things, as long as they are able to start to recognise certain things have certain names, am I making sense?

So your baby might know what a bottle is, or what a book is, apparantly that is almost more important than actually saying the word right now.  Associating a word with an object.

So I've been testing Joseph and was pleasantly surprised, I asked him today to get a book, and opened my hands like a book, and he got me one.  I asked where the dog was and he gazed outside, which was more than enough for me.

Joseph's speech is not very clear at all, but at least he's starting to understand things, I just wish he'd understand NO! LOL!

off to Pt Turton for easter so have a great break everyone!

#133 *astro*

Posted 04 April 2007 - 10:03 PM

ner ner ni ner ner

LOL

Just kidding for all those hair-deprived out there...

time for bed. just had to adjust my sig before EB bans it

#134 atua

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:08 PM

but ava has those beautiful eyes wub.gif

well we did wake up - surprise - and she took the cup of milk - evil mummy is in the house now, too many bottles i have cleaned and made it is time to say goodbye.

oakey - have fun biggrin.gif i would be going away but the car we bought has had a hiccup (thank god for warranty hey?) so staying in fabulous sydney....and thanks for the re-assurance re speech, thought that might be the case.

#135 dehalan

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:49 AM

POV !!  

Dont make me come over there young lady!!

Dehalan
who thinks it's time for a new thread

hahahaha...and who cant type for sh!t ..even managed to get my own name wrong (edited and evidence hidden original.gif )

Edited by dehalan, 05 April 2007 - 06:50 AM.

#136 nowsinglewith1

Posted 05 April 2007 - 07:55 AM

This would have to be our longest wouldn't it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.