March 06 Parents #73

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
135 replies to this topic

#51 spinifex

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:19 AM

Hi everyone,

back on to answer those three questions, when I dashed off yesterday we had a lovely afternoon of eating watermelon in the shade of this big old tree in our front yard, Liv just loves its leaves and looked like such a big girls yesterday - refuused to eat the nice soft rindless watermelon I;d cut for here and headed straight for the big bits, seeds and all. Followed by a chaser of grass. At least she's eating her greens.

Anyway, questions ...
TTC - no way jose! I am exhausted by three, don;t know how my mum did it with seven, or you with six Kerry (or 5, Gayle), I'm so impressed but also terrified of the very thought. And my GP advised against any more as another ceasar and last time apparently the uterus was the thickness of paper (on the scar maybe?) so not great. So definitely not planning anymore, just decided to revel in my three little girls.

getting around - Still commando crawling, trying to pull herself up.

Weight - not sure, have stopped weighing her since it finally became obvious that she was putting on weight but she inhales her food and has gone in and straight out again of a size 0 in the past two weeks! So yep, she'd doing okay weight wise.

Bye,
Carol

Edited by spinifex, 02 April 2007 - 11:22 AM.

#52 Jane01

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:34 AM

Phew, I made the list .  Just joking.  Seriously, good idea Kaylah's mum.  It does seem to make it more manageable and you have a very polite message down the bottom that no one could be offended by (surely).  

Oakey - I was thinking about you over the weekend.  Yes, how sad am I?  I just really felt for you and your little family.  I hope the sleepy juice is working and you are feeling more human now.  You are doing a great job with Joseph - the absolute best anyone could do.  Babies can't tell us what is wrong and it can be really hard for doctors and parents to work it out.  It does get easier as it gets older.  He is certainly doing well to be 12kgs when he has been so sick.  What a robust little man you have !  

Jerry67 - welcome back.  That can't possibly be Molly in your sig, she looks too grown up .  

Ellie41 - love the new photo of Ryan, what a cutie.  Hope you are well in sunny Perth.  I miss it.  We won't be down until November this year, seem so long away .  We will look forward to seeing our Perth friends when we get there .  

Adaze - cute new sig of the spaghetti girl.  Sarah LOVES pasta too.  It is about the only food she doesn't throw all over the floor.  But she can't really manage spaghetti, she's more a penne girl.  

Lexalotti - good luck with the house.  When we were looking for our flat in HK, we missed out on a lot of flats before we bought this one.  The prices of the ones we wanted kept going up.  Our RE agent took us to look at the one we ended up buying and we really didn't like it at all.  I don't know why, but I talked DH into buying it and now we LOVE it.  We prefer it to the ones we originally liked.  

Hadenough@6 - you're going to have to change your user name if you're going to have another bub, lol.  I am in awe of your abilities.  Two is absolutely my limit.  

Chook3 - glad to hear that your DH is ok.  

Alchemy - glad to hear you are getting some sleep.  Makes all the difference doesn't it !  

Now, back to the 'my brain doesn't work' department.  Who posted the video of their bub dancing?  That was sooooooooo cute.  Thank you for posting it, I really enjoyed it.  

Catie is on kindy holidays for 2 weeks.  It is nice not having to rush her out the door in the morning.  She is not very well at the moment - just lethargic and a slight cough, which isn't like her.  Hopefully it will clear up soon.  

Sarah is biting at the moment .  Mummy is not happy.  I speak to her in a cross voice and put her down when she does it.  She throws a wobbly.  Hopefully the message will sink in soon.  

Easter soon, yayy.  Sarah is having her first chocolate at Easter (she doesn't have any allergies).  I suspect she will love it.  

We are going to my brother's wedding the week after Easter.  It is in Thredbo .  We have to fly HK-SYD-CBR then drive 3 hours to Thredbo, then return, all in 5 days.  Ahhh, wish me luck.  

OK, back to work.  I have to get some budgets finished today and I have a lot of work to do on them.

#53 Ethie and Lottie's Mum

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:12 PM

Hi Everyone,

Well I am still about, just reading mostly as I have been feeling too tired to post. Actually I have been feeling pretty lousy since my op 5 weeks ago. They thought they were going to need to give me a blood transfusion but then later on in the afternoon I started to  feel fantastic and my BP had gone up (it was way low and my pulse was way high) and my blood test came back ok, but I'm now starting to think that maybe they should have. I have got a Dr's appointment next Thursday with my GP so hopefully he can work out why I am feeling like this. It's not just the tiredness I have been really moody lately as well. I go and see the gyno again on the 16th April.

Now to answer the questions.
1. We are done TTC. Have given up on our dream of having #3  cry1.gif since my second ectopic pregnancy seeing as they took the right tube and my left tube was damaged (although the surgeon said it looked healthy) from the fist one. Just cannot go through that or put my family through that again. If this ectopic had been in my left tube again I don't think I would be this afraid to try for #3.

2. Charlotte is walking everywhere and trying to run. She is so quick you can't turn your back for one moment with her.

3. She weighs 10kg and has so for the last couple of months.

Anyway I better go as I'm at work. Have a good day everyone.

Tanya
Me 28
DH 30
DS 5 (14/02/02)
EP#1 Dec 04 (left tube saved)
DD 1 (5/3/06)
EP #2 Feb 07 (right tube removed)

#54 nowsinglewith1

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:03 PM

Am "doing work" at the moment- not to many calls, maybe people have left the area for Easter.

We are heading to Sydney for Easter to see my dad and we may Chook3 and family.

Tanya- hope you are feeling better and Doc says you are ok. In the end my moodiness, lethargy and hair loss were put down to an overactive thyroid.

Ok will maybe do some work now (also don't want my internet allocation to run out on Monday).

#55 Ethie and Lottie's Mum

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:15 PM

Kaylah's Mum - that's another reason why I need to see my Dr as well because my hair is still falling out and I thought that it would have stopped seeing as I finished bf 5 weeks ago.

#56 Chook3

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:49 PM

Anyone free on Sunday? Its still not confirmed yet but I might be having a Sydney meet at my house. Shelly (Kaylah's Mum) and Mimo are coming to Sydney so we might be catching up. I havent heard back from Mimo yet so will keep everyone posted. Let me know if anyone else would like to come. It will be a casual afair with some nibbles and a chance to meet and let the kids play. DH's & DP's are also welcome. Sorry if its late notice for anyone.

#57 ~mimo~

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:43 PM

Chook, sounds good at this stage, will let you know what our plans are a bit later.

Do we get to meet your hubby? ph34r.gif

#58 Chook3

Posted 02 April 2007 - 04:25 PM

Mimo - Yes you get to meet my hubby. If your lucky you might even get an autographed picture that he gives out to his fans.

So what time is good for you al on Sunday?

I will PM you my address and phone number when you guys give me the OK and just let me know how many is coming just so I can have enough food.

Shelly (Kaylahs mum)?
Mimo?

Anymore?

#59 torito

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:14 PM

Hi everyone, after me telling you that we are going to take a break from TTC, well, I'm pregnant!! ddance.gif  I got 2 BFP yesterday, I was just doing it for something to do and they were very clear. I am still in shock, and am not telling anyone for ages, other than you guys of course....so do I wean DD or just let it happen naturally, do we find a bigger place, how will we afford it? Ah all the questions.....It'll work out I'm sure.....

Kate

#60 haventhadenoughat6

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:29 PM

wub.gif  CONGRATULATIONS Torito,

You dont have to wean unless you want to. Some babies wean cause of the different taste in your milk my DD4 didnt wean i ended up tandem feeding. I asked the midwives and docs and they said it was fine and the new baby would still get the colostrum when it was born.

CHOOK:: I wish i could make it would love to catch up with you all  cry1.gif  

Kerry

#61 Chook3

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:49 PM

WOW CONGRATULATIONS TORITO!
So that means a December baby hey?

#62 nowsinglewith1

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:58 PM

Congratulations Torito.

Kerry- next time when we're up for longer we maybe able to have a day trip down your way. How are you all?

Tanya- ask them to do the blood test to test your thyroid. I would never have thought about it, I just thought I was tired, still loosing hair etc from being a mu, then they did tests when I was in hospital and they called me 3 days later. Have you also had weight loss? That's another symptom, also (possibly TMI here) problems with bowel movements- mine keep changing what's happening. Can;t remember more signs but worth asking them to test for.

Edited to add-
Chook please let me know what we can bring along.

Edited by Kaylah's Mum, 02 April 2007 - 05:58 PM.

#63 tinkster23

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:40 PM

Congratulations torito!

wub.gif

#64 OneMore?

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:54 PM

Congrats to Karina and family- Leo is gorgeous, love the photos of Ava checking him out, how did the party go and how are YOU going ??

Congrats Torito ! Very exciting, here's wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy.

I'll answer the questions:

1. ToTTC - I change my mind on a daily basis  tongue.gif but I would say the end of the year we will start to TTC, if not early 2008. I found an 18 month gap (with 2 very busy boisterous boys) full on  laughing2.gif

2. Still cruising the furniture and crawling, but oh my he can climb !! So far Max has climbed into the bath (in his PJ's - whilst Oscar was having a bath), onto our outdoor setting (the chair and then the table) and also our main dining room table (onto the chair and then the table), onto the lounges every five minutes, any toy he can climb onto -  really he tries to throw his leg over everything and climb, it is pretty funny to watch (pretty dangerous too  ohmy.gif ) he is VERY proud of his climbing ability. Oscar was EXACTLY the same.

3. 9.8kg (Oscar was 10.75kg at 1, so lighter than his big brother, but Max shorter as well). We now have 8 teeth - 4 up and 4 down.

Not sure if I updated in here that Max is lactose intolerant and also has mild asthma. Thanks to everyone that answered my poo question, we seem to now have a range of firmness - at least it isn't burning his bottom anymore.

Seems to be a lot of clucky ones out there, who will be next.............Kerry and Jacqui - you could have knocked me over with a feather, I thought both of you were DONE. Before you know it Jane will be announcing a little surprise  dev (6).gif , just stirring, LOL !

Jane - My DH just got home from Honkers and is back there again on the 10-18th ! I asked him if he would consider moving there (just out of interest) but he said too polluted  sad.gif . I would be keen to give it a go.

I wish I was the one that got to have a mini break and stay in a 5 star hotel and have room service and all meals provided (I know, I know jealousy is a curse !). It's been a hard few weeks with Max being unwell and we have no family close by and DH has been away a lot. DH came home on Saturday and said it's so nice and relaxing being able to sleep in until 8.30am  cry1.gif (he could have kept it to himself).

Well, DH has done the boys bedtime (I did dinner and bath) so I think I can resurface now.

Have a lovely Easter everyone.

#65 Chook3

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:19 PM

Shelly - No need to bring anything. You guys are my guests. What time would be good for you? Lunch time or arvo?

#66 nowsinglewith1

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:42 PM

Maybe arvo if that suits mimo.

Would be me, DH and Kaylah, so 2.5

#67 Guest_Willambian_*

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:03 PM

Hi,  biggrin.gif

Shouldn't still be here ( laughing2.gif ) but wanted to say a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Torito!  biggrin.gif   I wish you a boringly easy pregnancy that you can relax and enjoy! grin.gif

Shelley - have sent you a PM re the list... it looks good

Gotta go, enjoy your night ladies,
Amber biggrin.gif

#68 Dee_xx

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:09 PM

Congratulations Torito! What wonderful news  biggrin.gif

#69 .Jerry.

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:27 PM

Hi all  biggrin.gif

Wow!  Things happen fast around here!

Gizboo - huge congrats on the birth of Leo.  Wonderful news!

Torito - Congratulations on your pregnancy, how exciting!

The questions....

1.  TTC - I guess I wish I could.  I've given myself until JUne to make a decision.  I would like to, but my chances of PE again are 30%.  Not sure how I would do bedrest in hospital again.  Not sure I could take the fear of NICU again.  If I had a crystal ball, and I could get to 32 weeks, I would do it in a flash.  BUt I am also getting too old.  That's why the 67 part of my name is gone.  Too old, too old, too old.  ph34r.gif

2.  Moving around - Molly is a speed crawler, cruiser around everything and a climber.  She can stand alone but is too much of a wuss to take more than one step.

3.  Weight.  No idea.  PRobably about 8.3kg.  We go to Paed and Growth and development clinic in two weeks.  I get too depressed thinking about her weight as she is a worse eater than before.  ONly bottles.  Very few "solids".  I chuck a sookly-la-la everytime I think about her eating habits and what 'normal' babies her corrected age eat.  *sigh*  cry1.gif

I will try to catch up on threads.  SOunds like the babies are doing SUPER well!

#70 lajenza

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:19 PM

Congrats Torito  original.gif Wishing you a easy breezy pregnancy

#71 Jane01

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:21 PM

Congratulations Torito !  What wonderful news.  Does that mean we now have three MMMs back for round 2 ?  We are a quick bunch.   biggrin.gif

#72 GIO

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:38 PM

Oh, congrats Kate - insert envious smilie here - Hope all goes well.

Cheers
A

#73 ~mimo~

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:48 PM

Congrats Kate! What wonderful news! wub.gif We really will have to organise a catch up soon.

So there is Giz, Kate and who else is PG/just had bub?

#74 *Meg*

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:35 PM

Hi girls,

Congratulations Torito!!! You lucky girl original.gif

Kaylahsmum - funny you should talk about overactive thyroid. I was diagnosed today with Hyperthyroidism and the doc has sent away for more tests to see if I have Graves disease or the other german sounding disease that can go with it. The ironic part about it is that the doc diagnosed me with PND a few months ago and it turns out to be my thyroid! I had absolutely no idea. Lucky I decided to go back to the doc.  
I'm feeling quite sorry for myself tonight. And the sad part is that I was reading that it can cause problems conceiving, miscarriages, and birth defects.  So its my fault for winging and b*tching about not wanting to be pregnant for a long time  cry1.gif  

I went out for an hour this evening and apparently Hayley cried the whole time I was gone!! DH said she cried so much she had hiccups  sad.gif He said he cuddled her the whole time but she was so upset.  She knew I was going out I think.  Its nice to be loved and missed but I feel so sad that she was so upset.  She is too little to understand that I am coming back!!  original.gif

#75 spinifex

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:28 PM

Just came in to see Torito's news, congratulations! Best wishes for a boring pregnancy!

Jerry, I read your post tonight with a bit of sadness, have pmed you because I got a bit tangled, but just wanted to wish yo well with whatever you end up doing, in terms of ttc. And I hope Amanda's contact can give you some suggestions or support for Miss MOlly and her eating patterns.

Better go to bed, childcare tomorrow, I'm not good at two days in a row, it's so rushed after the first one ... get home, feed girls, bath girls, bed girls, do jobs, go to bed, pack bags ... in about that order! I am always lying in bed thinking abouut what needs to be done in the morning and end up getting up to make a start!

'Night all
Carol

Edited by spinifex, 02 April 2007 - 11:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.