Trinature

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cheekymonkey

Posted 01 April 2007 - 05:18 PM

Not sure if this is the right place for it but anyway...

Is anyone here a member, if so which sort? I'm going to join as I like the products of theirs I've tried so far. I'm just not sure whether to become a full member or not.

If you're a full member, how hard was it to find people to sell the stuff to or do you buy enough just for your family's use to make it worth it?

Crying baby, may be back with more ?s later.

#2 ~kylie~

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:19 PM

I use some of Trinature.

Some of it isn't that great, make sure you thoroughly check ingredients!! Some of it is great though.

#3 cheekymonkey

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:50 PM

http://www.trinature.com/

Basically, it's more environmentally friendly products for those that still like to use 'chemicals' for cleaning with. They have no phosphates, nitrates or animal by products and use renewable resources in the manufacture of them. They are mostly concentrates so you need to use far less to get the same result as other products.

The other thing I like is that they work out as cheap or cheaper than the brands I was using anyway.

Kylie - which products are the ones which are no good. I'm just new to this whole reducing environmental impact thing and still need lots of help with knowing what is actually good and what just seems to be.

#4 ~kylie~

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:18 PM

They still use Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate which isn't that great if you're after gentler ingredients.

I like things that are natural as well as good for the environment, I guess it just depends what you want for your family.

I have found Envirocare to be suitable for my needs.

http://www.envirocare.biz/Envirocare_aus/index_au.html

#5 Banksia

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:20 PM

I use the washing powder, i think it's great i use 1/4 of the very small scoop that comes with it for nappies. and they come up very good clean and smell fresh! i also use the general cleaner supre, basically spray and wipe without the breath gasping stench! it is a concentrate and i find it works well. i trialled their socker but didn't like it, it ate away at a zip on DH jacket as i forgot about it and it got left too long, would napisan do the same? hard to say...

#6 cheekymonkey

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:44 PM

Kylie - thank you. I had read somewhere on their site that some of their products do still contain that, but in much lower levels so the product is still effective. They are working on getting rid of it entirely. Looks like Envirocare is no good for me as there's no suppliers anywhere near me.

Banksia - was it a metal zip or plastic? It says on napisan instructions that items with metal fastenings shouldn't be soaked.

#7 ~kylie~

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:06 PM

CM - There are non near me either listed on the site, but my local health foods shop sell it. original.gif I use their bubble bath for my girls.

#8 Banksia

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:56 PM

cheekymonkey it was a metal zip, so yes napisan could have dissovled it too, but i have been known to leave jeans soaking too long in napisan and they have been ok, oh well  tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.