April 06 Parents #78

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
132 replies to this topic

#126 LittleDCJ

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:20 PM

Kelly, great to hear from you.  Don't feel bad that you haven't posted for ages, we would love to hear about you all at any chance you get 5 minutes to yourself.  Have a fantastic trip to Melbourne with DH, you deserve a break and the boys will be fine with their gran.

#127 Cookies

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:56 PM

Hi girls,

Have been meaning to come in and do a big catch up post, but something always pops up instead.  Will try tomorrow to do personals and post some updates about Eden.

Just didn't want Nat to get forgotten about as these posts move so quickly and no-one has seemed to pick up on her post saying her little boy broke both his arms.  I hope Shaun is doing okay and that he recovers quickly.  bbighug.gif

DEB - CONGRATS!!! Very cheeky of you - lucky that Tina noticed your ticker!

Be back tomorrow.

#128 ~cackleberry~

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:25 PM

Blueynat, sorry I missed your post, hope your DS heals quickly, how on earth did that happen?  You must be so exhausted.  Big hugs. xx

Kelly, good to see you.  Glad you could pop in and say hello.  original.gif  Have fun in Melbourne and try to relax and take it easy.  I know it's hard not to madly miss your boys though....but i'm sure the boys will love being with your mum.   biggrin.gif

Edited by ~~Kaz~~, 11 April 2007 - 07:36 PM.

#129 tomkatsmum

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:00 PM

okay I'm Back! finally. The kids aren't coping all that well with Justin being away.  Especially Tom.  I have just had to pull one of his Dad's pillows off our bed for tom to sleep with because it "smells like daddy".  so cute.  Can't wait till midnight tomorrow. I don't know how those of you who are home alone a lot do it!  my hats off to you for sure.

okay, personals first and then - Just for KAZ wink.gif camping pics.  ddance.gif

Cookies HI. Hope you and Eden are both well.  look forward to hearing what you have been up to.

Tina Hi.  Hope you got your snooze today while you had a moment.  Sounds like you enjoyed your "date" with Dh.  give your gorgeous boys hugs for me.

Mel Love the photos of the play at the park.  taya and Caitie just loooove those  bbighug.gif don't they?

Kelly Great to hear form you and to hear that the boys are doing well. Hope you have a great few days away kid free.  I'm sure they'll be fine.  Angels in fact!

Nat Ohhh, hugs to your little man!  two broken arms.  Poor darling.  I hope he is okay. Sorry it has not been a good day at the hospital!

Okay, thats the last ten, because a few people showed up more than once, and i will have to go back and read the last bit of the thread to find out what people have been up to.  I will come back maybe tonight or tomorrow morning and post the rest.

BUT A BIG  grin.gif HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE!  

Okay, here come the photo links, i hope they work.  Let me know if they don't.  

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/sha.../april07095.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/sha.../april07067.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/sha.../april07082.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/sha.../april07058.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/sha.../april07047.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/sha.../april07038.jpg

Okay, i'm not sure how to change the link so that you click on the title.  I ahev all of a sudden gone all computer illiterate again (i'm sure i used to know how to do this.)

okay, have a great night everyone.  Love to all...Sharyn

#130 ~cackleberry~

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:23 PM

Sharyn - Thanks for sharing camping pics.   grin.gif  Oh, they make me want to go camping soooooo bad.  I love camping.  Love the one of Tom looking in the cot at Katie, very cute!   happy.gif  Oh, love your new sig as well, toooo cute!

Edited by ~~Kaz~~, 11 April 2007 - 08:24 PM.

#131 ~shell~

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:28 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONNOR!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KALISHA!!!

CONGRATULATIONS DEB!!! - cheeky thing

BUGGER NAT!!!
Oh Nat, that is so bad.  How is your little munchkin coping?

#132 Polaris

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:47 PM

Well I said that I would be back for personals so here is my attempt.

Kate - I got my secert 1st birthday parcel today, and I sent mine off yesterday.

Deb - Once again fantastic news, I was almost jumping up and down when I read your sms.  I am so happy for(read jealous of) you.  Even though DH and I have been going through these problems we have been discussing of late how much we still want to try for another bub at the end off the year.

Cookies - we totally understand that life can get busy so just come in whenever you can.

Kelly - You could not post in months and come back in to post, you are always welcome here!  It is always nice to catch up on how everyone is going besides circumstances change and it is often hard to find time to get on and do anything but read what everyone is up to.  Good to hear that Angus is doing great.  Nothing wrong with being cheeky!

Nat - oh you poor thing with having such a terrible night.  And your poor little boy - I hope that he is okay.  How did he break both of his arms? (Tell me to mind my own business if you like).

Kaz - I haven't weighed Eylee for ages but I think that she is going to be a bit of a mini one too.  She is not as chubby as a lot of babies that I see around the traps.  Sounds like you have a busy house, but no doubt you are handling it like a trooper.

Sharyn - it certainly sucks having your other half away....I guess that is why they are called the 'other half'.  Not only must it be hard on the kids but you must be missing him too.  Hopefully Friday comes around real fast for you.

Ange - good to see that you are still with us.  Sorry that the move was a bit painful - they never seem to be easy.  Bummer on the job but hey as you said at least it is a start, your foot is in the door and hopefully something a bit better pops up for you.  Wow G is walking, talking, dancing, clapping and singing - I guess that is not really a suprise she was such a mover and a shaker when I met her - you got a real smart one on your hands there.

Mel - great to hear that everything is going well with bub number two.  Consider this your butt kicking *Pack your bags chick* tongue.gif

Nat - sounds like your little Hannah is growing up, she sounds gorgeous with her 'okay mummy's'.  Ohhh and eating dirt and sand is one of Eylee's favourite pastimes too.  Eylee also chucks tanties too, she really likes throwing her dummy or if you try and give her something she will grab it off you and throw it as well.  Cute now but it is hard not to laugh.

Shell - mmmmm financial reports blink.gif sounds like great fun.  Oh well you are right it is a good thing that it is a short week - they are my favourite kind.

Chelle - IL's will be leaving Friday, they are going to an 18th on the weekend (a cousin).  It is great having them around but I do get quite frustrated with FIL.  He is very traditional, know it all, and argumentative.
Oh to be sitting around wondering what to do with myself - hope you enjoy it.  Thanks for the hugs I am feeling good!

Michelle - Oh I have all my apendages crossed (so much so that I will be walking funny all night).  You are such a great person I think that you would be a special doula.  All the best.  Hehehe where are those cameras when you need them.

Carolyn - ohhh how are things going?  Yeah it gets hard to get on here sometimes to post.

Mel - oh yeah that would be annoying, if you are going to volunteer to help then HELP.  I would give them jobs to do like 'oh do you mind just running the bath while I .....' no excuse to be sitting around.  My DH had a tanty a couple of weeks ago because we both got homme and he was 'so tired' and I said well I will go down to the shops if he fed Eylee, he just said 'but I am tired'.....well buster we both work full time and we both do stuff around the house (me probably more than hime) so deal with it.  He just kicked at the junk mail on the floor which I cacked up at laughing2.gif
Love the pic of Taya!  Gee she has such lovely hair!

Tina - Hope that your secret birthday pressie comes soon!

Sue - Looking forward to the before and after pics of Amelie.  How did she go today?  Did you have to go pick her up?

Linda - Yeah on the pressie.  Go girl getting on at work!  The sneaky posts are the best tongue.gif

Tracy - you know you could clog up your toilet if you keep on puting toy tea-set bowls in it laughing2.gif .  How is Willow going now.  Eylee was a bit grumpy today but I think that was as a result of a full on weekend.

Karla - good on Alex for being such a brave boy with his needles.  That is something that I am going to have to do this week (book Eylee in that is).

Okay I am very sorry if I have missed out on anyone, I will be amazed if this thread isn't closed by the time I hit the little button down the bottom.

I didn't really get much done today (waiting around at medical made anything impossible).  But tomorrow I will be getting another ultrasound to see if there is any cause to the pain that I got a couple of weeks ago (I basically got like another gallstone attack - kinda impossible when I don't have a gallbladder).  Anyway I have to fast from 0500 hours until after my 1100 hours appointment.  I still have heaps to teach these studens and DH might be getting out of hospital tomorrow.  He is even considering going to uni (well if he thinks more seriously about it I might have to just slip it to the docs so that they make him stay in longer).  If he goes I just know that he will be the worse for it, that isn't being too over protective?  Oh well.  

Okay I think that is a monster enough post, will get back on tomorrow.

Nite all
Dee

#133 LittleDCJ

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:26 PM

Blueynat - Sorry, I totally missed the bit in your post about Shaun breaking both his arms.  Give him a big cuddle from me.  I hope that he is doing okay and in not too much pain.  I hope that you are doing okay as well, it is so hard having a sick child and spending so much time in hospital.  Look after yourself.

Tina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.