135 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 08 April 2007 - 11:56 PM

New thread time ladies, link to old thread:

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....pic=354870&st=0

#2 ~MaidenWarrior~

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:15 AM

GOLD

Edited by brittlestar, 09 April 2007 - 12:16 AM.

#3 shoofly

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:49 AM

Silver

Edited by geniebottle, 09 April 2007 - 06:50 AM.

#4 Guest_**Slappy**_*

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:43 AM

Bronze! Wow, 2 medals in a row wink.gif

#5 wca

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:10 AM

Morning!

Tayla woke up at 7am this morning so I gave her a bottle and put her straight back to bed. It's now 7:30am and she's gone back to sleep biggrin.gif

RACH> Ouch hope your headache isn't still hanging around!

CHELS> Enjoy your 'you' time with DH, I can understand what your saying about getting snappy with eachother, Chad and I went through a similar patch, it was horrible. We couldn't find anything nice to say to eachother and we were just clashing big time. All is good now though biggrin.gif Have fun! Any ideas on what your going to do?

BRITT> When I was younger I lived in surf brands, I grew up with my dad and my brother suring everyday so they'ed get their clothes from surf shops so I did too (I scuba dived so that was my justification in a weird way LOL). They are sooooo expensive but awsome quality, thats the catch! When I get birthday money I blow it all on surf brands ph34r.gif

We are having a BBQ lunch at FIL's girlfriends house today, she's got a pool so I'm looking forward to putting Tayla in there, it's going to be 30 degress here today ohmy.gif

Im off to get my coffee and cruise the forums for a bit,

Annixx

#6 **LYN**

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:16 AM

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a great Easter and the bunny was good to you.  I have been pretty busy spending lots of quality time with DH and the kids before he leaves for Brisbane on Sunday for 2 weeks  cry1.gif   We have been driving all over the place in our new car and yesterday caught the ferry to Manly which the kids loved.  I think we'll stay closer to home today and get some things done around here we have been putting off for a while. grin.gif

I have only looked at this thread so far so all I can say is I love all the new sigs  wub.gif  I think I am due for one too.

Off to read a little bit while Max is sleeping and Molly is mesmerised by Mickey Mouse on Foxtel.

Lyn

#7 senorita

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:27 AM

goodmorning girls

its 9.30am here and jacob is still asleep!
must be having a growth spurt or something!?!

going to a friends house for a bbq tonight. off for a drive today to go pick up some packing boxes a lady is selling, gotta get started- we have so much stuff in this house!

have a good easter monday everyone, bbl
renee xo

#8 ***jules***

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:38 AM

Morning girls

I am very happy thismorning.  Ella slept from 7pm until 7.30am again.  Was so nice to get some decent sleep!

Off to in laws this arvo but pretty cruisey day ahead for us.

Hard to believe but I didn't eat any chocolate yesterday!!!

Renee - happy packing!  I have moved so many times so I know how yucky it is.

Lyn - hi Lyn!  Nice to hear from you.

Anni - have fun at the BBQ today.

BBL no doubt!

#9 wca

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:40 AM

Far out it's quiet in here! What's everyone doing? I've had a boring morning, same old same old.

Tayla took forever to go to sleep for her morning nap, then Chad started jackhammering outside her window (reno's) and she went to sleep! He's stopped the hammering and she's still asleep ohmy.gif WOW, so when we tiptoe round the house she doesn't sleep, but crashes when there's a jackhammer only feet away rolleyes.gif

We are about to head off to the BBQ, I've brought my bathers but am in no mood to be bearing skin. Even wearing shorts and a Tshirt is freaking me out, having a massive frumpy  'I feel yuk' day. BIL's girlfriend just sent me an sms saying "I'm bringing champers, dont forget your togs for the spa". Sounds good hey! I just don't think I can get into shorts!!

Can't believe it's 30 today, but there's some cranking northerly winds happening so it's reeeeeally windy, but it's hot dry wind, ikky!

Annixx

#10 ~MaidenWarrior~

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:56 AM

Hi girls,

wow sure is quiet. Love the new sigs everyone is getting.

I'm off to my SIL's house (the nice one) to do some scrapbooking, she came over last night until 11.30pm looking at scrap websites.

Well I should be off while Hunter is asleep, Dh is going to look after him cause I explained scrapbooking + children = impossible mission.

bbl

#11 senorita

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:16 PM

sounds like everyones busy busy today original.gif

Britt: i totally understand your scrapbooking + children statement! i dont even attempt to scrap unless DH has the kids far away from me....have fun & come back and show us what u did original.gif

anni: funny bout tayla sleeping thru all that noise!
have fun at the bbq, get in the spa and enjoy yaself!

i woke jacob up 9.45am, i started to get worried- what a whopper sleep! hehe

ETA:
For anyone who was after the Fisher Price Lift n Lock Swing, Target has it on sale starting tues for $35.95 (save $25), just got the catalogue...

renee xo

Edited by mumoftwoboys, 09 April 2007 - 12:16 PM.

#12 ***jules***

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:24 PM

Poor Ella just slipped as she was attempting to climb up the desk and whacked her face on the metal leg on the way down.  Her poor little cheek is all purple and that is only after half an hour.  She's going to have a nice shiner I think.  Guess it is the start of all the bumps and bruises to come hey?

#13 TheyCallMeRach

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:45 PM

Afternoon ladies,
Well my chocolate induced headache has finally gone.....yay.
Jules-ouch, poor Ella, yes definitely the start of things to come, Holly constantly has bruises on her face and body from falls. She is a little climber too.
Erin-HOw you feeling today, wow you didnt eat any choc either, you girls and your will power,  send some my way please......love your new sig too.
Renee-what a great sleep in. Jake wanted a night in our bed last night, well he tossed and turned and kicked us all night long. Wont be letting him sleep over in our bed again for a long time.
Britt-have fun scrapbooking, yes children and scrapbooking are definitely a bad combo, Jake would be using all my stickers and stuff before i had a chance to touch them.
Anni-enjoy the bbq.

Me-had a few hours to myself this morning, I wanted to go to Penrith to Kmart to get a newborn cabbage patch doll for Holly for her birthday from my mum as  they were advertised at %45 off $24.97, then mum rings me this morning and says she saw them in the big W catalogue for $14.96, so i met her up there and yes they were the exact same ones so we bought one for Holly and mum also got Jake the next level up of leap pads, its called a My first Leap Pad (he has already got a little touch leap pad) it was reduced from $68.84 to $34.42 so she is gonna give  him that for his birthday. Bargain. I had a hot chocolate with mum and dad at Gloria Jeans and dad is going to New Zealand next month and i was telling him how lovely it looks cuz its been on the biggest loser this week and dad said i should go with him, i told  him i wouldnt leave the kids and mum piped up and said she would have them for me but i dont want to leave them for that long. Maybe when they are older.

#14 Guest_oli-bear_*

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:49 PM

Hey there!!

Busy morning for us. We just got back from Ikea. I absolutely LOVE going there. It's such a myth that you can save money by shopping there as I always end up buying heaps of stuff that I didn't  intend to get. I am already planning my next trip there.

Rach
Maybe you had a chocolately hangover LOL. I am trying to get rid of all the choc in our house ATM so that I can join WW on Wednesday with no temptation.

New Sigs
Loving all the new sigs that everyone has - they are so lovely.

Anni
That email your MIL sent was pretty funny. Hope you had a nice time at the BBQ.

Lyn
Last time I went to Sydney, which was years ago, we spent a day in Manly. It was great. I really loved it.

Renee
Don't envy you with all that packing to do. Have fun at the BBQ.

Jules
You are so so good not eating any chocolate. I hope it pays off on the scales. Yay for you. I haven't been so good. Poor Ella's face. Give her a big hug for me.

Britt
Have fun scrapbooking. I think I may be the only person on the planet who has never scrapbooked.

Erin
Cute sig. Didn't you just get a new one made for you? Quick turnover!! LOL. I haven't changed my sig for awhile now but I quite like the one I have ATM so may not change it for awhile yet.

I best get off this EB site and do some uni work. I want to get ahead and have a couple of things due this week. DH and FIL are going to take Oliver for a walk. MIL is relaxing and I have taken my laptop into the bedroom - supposed to be studying. It's so nice to just have some me time alone. My MIL is ok enough but she is just so tiring as she never shuts up. I think she is trying to get in a years worth of conversation in 3.5 weeks.  roll2.gif

Dani

#15 Guest_oli-bear_*

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:50 PM

ETA
Rach
Glad to hear your headache is gone. Now you can have more choccie!!! dev (6).gif

Edited by oli-bear, 09 April 2007 - 02:51 PM.

#16 TheyCallMeRach

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:54 PM

Dani-oh i never want to hear the word chocolate ever again.... sick.gif  sick.gif  sick.gif  sick.gif  tongue.gif

#17 Guest_oli-bear_*

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:55 PM

Maybe next week you'll feel differently smile1.gif

#18 ***jules***

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:07 PM

Hi girls

Thanks for the congrats on not eating any choccie yesterday but I just wanted to get somethig straight.  We didn't have any chocolate in the house yesterday which is why I didn't eat any!  Had there been chocolate here I would have eaten it.   smile1.gif

#19 ***jules***

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:18 PM

MCN users - I have just posted on Nappycino but wanted to know from you guys too which boosters you prefer b4 I go and buy some more?

#20 TheyCallMeRach

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:30 PM

Jules-i generally only use the boosters that come with the nappies. I have a couple of babybeehinds boosters 2 x  bamboo and a hemp one but only use them in my super cr@p nappies that i bought off ebay without knowing anything about MCN. When i start using cloth overnight (still use sposies overnight) i will  prob use the bamboo trifold booster from BBH.

#21 wca

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:58 PM

Hi Chickies!

Well we are back from the BBQ, was a ball of fun biggrin.gif It was just me, Chad, Tayla, SIL and her two kids, BIL and his girlfriend, and FIL's girlfriend (FIL is away working). So a really nice family atmosphere. Tayla was reeeaallly grissly, just whingy and wouldn't eat or drink and yelled alot rolleyes.gif She had a dip in the pool and although it was 30 degrees her lips went blue she was so cold! So Chad took her into the spa. Don't worry it wasn't a boiling hot spa, just bath tempp and she loved it! I had a few Strongbows and am now home having a beer...or two.  

Here's some piccies for you!! wub.gif  biggrin.gif

Chad, Tayla, SIL and her two munchkins
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l73/Anni...17/P4090379.jpg

Chad and Tayla
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l73/Anni...17/P4090362.jpg

Tayla with her cousins and Chad's sort of step sister
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l73/Anni...17/P4090371.jpg

Don't worry I got your back kid (Tayla and her cousin)
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l73/Anni...17/P4090377.jpg

Having a ball with Daddy!
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l73/Anni...17/P4090361.jpg

Annixx

#22 Guest_oli-bear_*

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:29 PM

Anni
Aww those photos of Tayla are adorable.

#23 Guest_**Slappy**_*

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:30 PM

Hi Girls,

I just got back, we had an afternoon lunch at my mums house so have been there all afternoon. I love these things, as my stepdads mum (Oma) is slovenian and makes all this gorgeous food. Im going to gain weight this week I just know it!

Anni - love the photos!

Dani - well done on wanting to catch up. Im about 3 weeks behind  unsure.gif This week is a huge catch up week for me!

Lyn - nice to hear from you! My MSN isnt working thats why I am never on there...

Rach - I was thinking of going into BigW and getting one of those cabbage patch dolls for Bridget too...The leap pad thingy sounds good.

Anyway... Im feeling a bit  sick.gif over chocolate... pity we have a freezer full of it now!  laughing2.gif

#24 Guest_oli-bear_*

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:32 PM

Rhiannon
How are you going on your studies? I hope well. I have been thinking of you.

I have just finished another mini essay. I have a ridiculous subject that I keep having to make online posts once a week with referencing etc. It is oh so tiresome. I will be so glad when that subject is over.

Dani

#25 hollybeagle1981

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:55 PM

Thanks for my birthday wishes!  I had a good day.  It was a bit weird having it on Easter, but I still felt special original.gif.

Here are some photos from the weekend

Vienna's first easter egg.. a Kinder Surprise

sharing her egg..
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/holl...981/sharing.jpg
her other easter pressie: peter rabbit book (we must think alike kristie!)
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/holl...peterrabbit.jpg
matt shopping with V in our mei tai
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/holl.../mattmeitai.jpg
Vienna out at the Sunday night easter service.  It was COLD!!
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/holl...closeuphood.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/holl...1/beaniesky.jpg

I'll BBL.. just having a couple of Mercury's.. mmm.. yummy.  

Anni I hope you're still enjoying your beers! The piccies of Tayla are beautiful.  She looks like such a little cheeky girl original.gif

Love Kristi and Vienna

p.s. Dani:  i can't believe you went to Ikea without me  tongue.gif  And I don't really feel old.. and I don't think your ancient either! LOL..

Edited by hollybeagle1981, 09 April 2007 - 06:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.