May 06 Parents #122

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
135 replies to this topic

#51 ~MaidenWarrior~

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:31 AM

jackie - I was looking for you on the weekend, lol, Dh, Hunter and I went shopping and out for lunch in Coffs on Sunday and I told Dh I was looking out for you. I saw this woman who was pg, and she looked like you, but she was very pregnant, lol. I'm glad you had a great time. I thought about the Big Banana too, and thought maybe you would go there. I've never been there, and I only live 25 minutes away from it. I loved the diary entry, PMSL at your Dh's mittens/minky comment.

Hi Everyone else, bbl to catch up.

#52 -Screamapillar-

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:31 AM

Aww, your tummy is so cute Jackie! Joey is gorgeous as usual, wow she has a lot of hair. Preston is till practically bald sad.gif

Shari- I'm around, both boys are sick though so I'm in grumpy land here rolleyes.gif

I am loving all the photo's I can 't believe how much our babies are little boys and girls now cry1.gif  (emotional, tired pregnant chick here blush.gif )

Haven't got much time, I can hear a grumpy child crawling my way, may bbl

Edited by stirkykitty, 10 April 2007 - 11:32 AM.

#53 ZachandPaigesMum

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:32 AM

rhiannon - dp is on arvo shift this week (3pm-12am) so he has zach otherwise i take him with me and he goes in creche

shari - Im home now back from the gym

#54 ribenaberrie

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:43 AM

Britt - I went to the shops on Saturday but not Sunday. I think its called Pacific Plaza? I can't remember. I was wondering if I would see you. I can't believe you've never been to the big banana and you live so close! I guess its a novelty for us cos we live so far. LOL!  They have very yummy bacon and cheese hot dogs there! biggrin.gif But its $5.20!!  ohmy.gif Rip off!

Rhiannon - Word can be too smart for its own good sometimes.  wink.gif Hope you have better luck in the kitchen.  tongue.gif

Kirsty - Yep Joey has more hair than before but its still so thin. Hope it thickens a bit soon. I can't tie it up still because it all falls back down.  wacko.gif I can't believe you are 10 weeks already! Where did the time go???? Are you having a 12 week scan?

Edited by ribenaberrie, 10 April 2007 - 11:43 AM.

#55 hollybeagle1981

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:47 AM

Just had to come in to say Jackie:  I love your preggie bump!  Isn't it at that gorgeous stage where you look pregnant, not just fat, and it isn't so big that you can't move!  Joey Looks really cute too.. what a beautiful photo

Love Kristi and Vienna

#56 ribenaberrie

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:58 AM

Forgot to add..

MCN - I got my Jaguar Berry Plush today! Looks so gorgeous! Can't wait to try it on Joey.  biggrin.gif  ddance.gif  tthumbs.gif  eexcite.gif

#57 ~ZiggyStardust~

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:00 PM

Hi girls

Jackie - I read your diary entry, wow, sounds like you had a great weekend, and got some good show bags too  tongue.gif  I love the 'bump' you look really good, and Joey is such a doll  wub.gif

Rhiannon - grrrr to Word.... glare.gif

Steph - sounds like you have been so exhausted... nice you can have a nap now and then...

Shari - uuurrrhh  I hate colds, I think I'm getting one too sad.gif DH and Jack had their's last week, guess it's my turn now  cry1.gif

BBL wub.gif

#58 Nephnie

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:00 PM

Oh!!! i just got the phonecall from the bloke about the car.  REVS has cleared it now so there's no money owing on it.  BUT i've told him I've only got $7k cash to spend seeing as there's a few bits and pieces to do on the car.  He's going to call me back.  Oh... Exciting!!

BB with the news!!

#59 HairyMaclary

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:56 PM

Hi girls,

I'm going to apologise in advance for the fact that I'm not going to do many personals today.  I'm feeling really flat.  Josh had a bad night last night (which he had better not do when I start work next week  hands.gif ), I have just been dealing with Centrelink on the phone ( rant.gif ) and I just had a stupid fight with DH.  So....WARNING: LONG VENT AHEAD!!  

The fight with DH was probably my fault but I was already feeling a bit down to begin with.  We were discussing Joshy's birthday weekend.  We're heading down to Brissie for the weekend and were planning to catch up with friends for lunch on the Saturday (all DH's friends because he's the one from Brissie) and have a family dinner that night.  I had organised the lunch because I figured DH would like to catch up with his friends while we are there and we couldn't invite them all to the party.  

Anyway, DH started saying today that he can't see how we'll be able to fit everything in and how I'll just get stressed out and the day will be a disaster.  He's probably right, but I had organised it for him in the first place.  I got a bit defensive at first (one of my pet hates is being accused of being "stressed" or not handling things when in fact I am being very calm and organised...my mum has always done it to me just because she gets all worked up about things and I HATE it) but then I agreed with him and said that he's right and I would cancel the lunch.  It shouldn't be too hard...I haven't invited anyone, just booked a table at a restaurant, and it would definitely make the day a lot easier.  If he'd left it at that, it would have been a perfectly civil conversation and I'd actually just be feeling relieved right now.

But he wouldn't stop going on and on about it "I can just see what would have happened..." and how my parents would refuse to hire a car and make us pick them up (which is totally ridiculous...they're not like that at all), and we'd be rushing everywhere (probably true), and I'd end up getting all worked up and wouldn't be able to handle it (a bit unfair I think!), etc.  At that point I just snapped at him, something along the lines of "Fine!! So it was a stupid idea! I shouldn't have arranged it in the first place...but I'm quite happy to cancel it so can we stop talking about it!".  Then he practically hung up on me and left me feeling even more down than I already was.  I know I shouldn't have snapped like that but seriously!!!  Does he want me to hire a skywriter to say "You were right! I was wrong!".  Just let it go DH...you won!!  rant.gif

I probably snapped so easily because I was already annoyed after my conversation with Centrelink about the CCB.  I won't go into detail...I'm sure anyone who has had anything to do with them will know what I'm talking about  glare.gif

Sorry that was so long.  I just needed to talk to somebody and you girls were the first ones I thought of.  I hate it when DH and I fight.  I feel a bit better now that I've got that off my chest and I'm actually quite relieved that the lunch is cancelled.  

Steph - I hope you get the car  hands.gif  Did your DH hear back from your SIL about the email yet?

#60 ellacy

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:17 PM

Hi everyone

I am another one who just doesnt have time to keep up at the moment. Mainly because DH is home so we;ve been really busy, and when we are at home, i dont really want to spend too much time on the computer cause he'll sook that im not spending time with him when he hardly ever takes holidays..blah blah... We've been getting so much done around the house which is good cause it was really starting to give me the sh*ts. Today dh and a mate are doing the concrete slab for our new shed and the path to my clothes line, so finally after 8 months living here, i will have a clotheline.. right in time for winter..yey - not..

Kath - Sorry to hear you're not feeling too well. Are you nervous about going back to work? Or just the leadup trying to get organised? Doesnt help if Josh had a bad night. I hope you and your DH dont fight for too long.

Jackie - Love your bump! Its so cute. As someone said its at that perfect size, not too big yet.

Steph - Hope you got the car

Shari - Hope you're feeling better soon.

Heres some pics:

Trying on her new PP clothes:

Making the funniest face. Her hair is all staticky from her blow up ball pit. I PMSL every time i see this one:

In her new PJ's she got for Easter:

Ok hopefully from now on I will be able to keep up. Wishful thinking cause Dh doesnt go back to work till next week. May have to sneak on when he's in bed (only joking he's not that bad!)
BBL

#61 TheyCallMeRach

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:34 PM

Hi,
Jackie-love the pic, i want a preggie belly too. grin.gif
Kristie-thats great your DH is on holidays and getting stuff done in your yard etc. Nice pics, i love the PP outift, i thought when  i had a girl i would be in PP all the time but i only ever bought 1 thing in there for Holly, i guess cuz i have a big w near me i always just shop there plus i get hand me downs from all my neices. Lots of PP and David Jones stuff which is great, especially when its free. tongue.gif
Steph-so which car did you buy?
Kath-sorry to hear  you had a fight, ive been in a really depressed mood lately and have been taking it out on DH, he doesnt want to come near me incase i snap. I mainly get the sh!ts cuz i feel like the hired help. All i ever seem to do these days is cook, clean and take care of the kids.  sad.gif
Kirsty-sorry to hear your place is grumpy land at the moment. How you feeling anyway, any sickness?

Me-got my housework done this morning then went for a walk cuz DH finally fixed my pram tyre which was punctured, i took the kids for a play at the park up the road after lunch, they had fun but there was lots of foul mouthed kids there since its school holidays, i couldnt believe some of the stuff that was coming out of their mouths and they were only 10 years old (i was listening in on some of them), a group of young boys even had a nudie magazine  ohmy.gif  I wonder where their parents thought they were and what they were doing!!!!

#62 -Screamapillar-

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:41 PM

Just got a call from the people who are buying my car and they will be getting the check to us either today or tomorrow eexcite.gif
I'm a little sad (may be pg hormones though) it's my first car that I got when I first started driving, brand spanking new even though DP and I hve 2.5 kidlets it's kinda like the last little piece of just me leaving IYKWIM sad.gif  It's going to a young girl who is about the age I was when I got it so I am happy it's going to a good home.

Jackie- I have to go to the drs some time this week for a referal to have a dating scan, she said she'd do it at 12 weeks because we would get a better estimate of the due date than if I went at like 5 weeks (we went a 5 weeks with Preston and all there was, was a sac and DP thought there was no baby,very confusing for him wink.gif )

Kath- I can relate to centrelink calls say no more rant.gif  Sorry to hear you had a fight with your DH, those "hang-up" fights make you feel the worst hey.

Kristie- Ella looks so beautiful, Preston gets static hair when we put him on the trampoline with us except his hair is only about 1cm long, it looks and feels like chicken fluff.

Rach- No morning sickness, which is a bit odd, almost chucked the other morning but it was from a full night nappy and an empty stomach sick.gif  Don't you just love school holidays rolleyes.gif  There's not much of Beaudesert and there's heaps of bored kids out this way up to whatever they like.

All these pictures of pink babies are making me clucky for a girl!! You naughtyt ladies for making such beautiful girls!!!

Edited by stirkykitty, 10 April 2007 - 02:45 PM.

#63 ellacy

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:51 PM

QOTD - Ella has had diarreha (sp)since Friday. Im putting it down to her teeth cause it looks like the ones either side of her top 2 our coming down at once. Is there anything I should be giving her to help? Ive been making sure she drinks plenty of water and putting heaps of cream on her bum so she doesnt get a rash but thats it. Its really been upsetting her though cause she's only been having 2 x 30 minutes naps as everytime she wakes its because of a big pooey nappy (which is the same with nearly every nappy of the day) The poor thing is sooo tired. I try to get her back to sleep when she wakes after a nappy change but it just doesnt happen.
lol... sorry that turned from a QOTD to a mini essay..hehe

#64 HairyMaclary

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:59 PM

Note to self...stay out of controversial BF vs FF threads!!!  I can't stop crying now.  I just read the most b$tchy, nasty comments that I have ever read on EB about FFing and it really hit a nerve with me.  And now the BFers are smirking about how "guilty" I must be feeling because I obviously made the wrong choice.  Of course I feel guilty!  I know I did my best but it doesn't change the fact that I still feel like I failed Josh in some way.  Why do these women get so much pleasure from gloating about their success and making others feel like sh$t??  Now I really am a mess!

#65 TazzieD

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:02 PM

Oh Kath *hugs* Don't beat yourself up for being the best Mum you could be. I've been there too. Josh loves you no matter what - FF babies are just as bright, happy and healthy as BF babies. And take heart in the fact that you are above all the b!tching, and don't go back into that thread!

#66 Guest_**Slappy**_*

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:14 PM

I seem to have missed the BF vs FF thread. Probably a good thing, Im sure I have read it all before here on EB. It always turnes into a b**chfight  rant.gif

Kath - try not to let them get to you. I dont doubt there are many mums around who DONT agree with the benefits of B/Fing, but there are plenty of extinuating sp? circumstances that people just have no control over and it doesnt mean you dont care or are selfish or that someone who BF's is better, or anything else I have heard people say  rolleyes.gif Does that make sense?  unsure.gif
bbighug.gif

#67 TazzieD

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:14 PM

Kristie, is there anything different in Ella's diet? Perhaps cut back on the acidy foods (fruit etc) while her bottom is so raw. Poor little munchkin. Sorry, not much help here on nappy rash as we have only experienced it once (touch wood).

Jackie, glad you had a good break. Nice belly original.gif

Rach, LOL at 10 year olds having a nudie magazine! I bet there parents had absolutely No idea!

Steph, did you get the car???

#68 TheyCallMeRach

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:18 PM

Kath-i was reading that thread too, dont beat yourself up over their stupid comments. You have a beautiful baby and you did what you had to do, i wouldnt be bothered reading it anymore if i was you. Jake was combined breast and formula fed from 6 weeks  til almost 4 months when my milk dried up and Holly went to formula at 4 months. Nothing wrong with my kids.  original.gif  I agree with Shari, they are just b!tching and should be ignored.
Kristie-Holly just got her 3rd tooth over easter...yay...but she had nasty bum rash from it, every nappy change was runny poo. I just smothered her bum in sudocrem and thats all i could do for her,  just make sure you change her bum as soon as you know she has done another poo. I dont think there is anything else you can do.

#69 -Screamapillar-

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:22 PM

Kath- I remember reading the threads when you were having all the trouble with bfing, you tried your absolute best hun, I don't think anyone that has known what you went through would judge you. Some of the b**ches on eb prefer to type before thinking glare.gif

Edited by stirkykitty, 10 April 2007 - 03:23 PM.

#70 Nephnie

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:25 PM

kath- Oh sounds like you're having a cracker day... They always hit at once don't they??  bbighug.gif  things will look up.  I'm sure your DH will work out he was a little insensitive.  Oh and NO we haven't heard from SIL.   ph34r.gif  dev (6).gif  I'm tossing up whether to let her babysit tomorrow night or not.  I'm thinking NOT!!  i'll let Dh sort that one out.  i'm over his family...

WE GOT THE CAR!!! WOOHOO!!! tthumbs.gif

I was JUUUUUUSTT about to ring him when he rang back and said he accepts our offer.  I'm picking up the car at 6pm.  Dad's going to go with me as I don't like the idea of walking around with $7 in my purse.  mind you... I already have been...  rolleyes.gif  I kinda forgot it was in my bag...  Oh well.  It'll be a relief to get rid of it.

Am feeling REALLY crappy right now... Am heading off to the couch for a zizz...
Steph.

#71 TazzieD

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:34 PM

Kath, I had to go and peek at that thread - OMG!! How much did that thread go off the rail??? Seriously, you are FAR ABOVE those EB'ers.

Steph, glad you got the car!

#72 HairyMaclary

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:38 PM

Steph - Yay on getting the car  biggrin.gif  That's awesome!!  I talked to DH again and everything is OK.  I apologised and he apologised and we've let it go.  Yep, having a great day  rolleyes.gif Sometimes I think it's good that all the cr@p happens on the one day...if you're going to be upset anyway, what difference does it make if you're upset about one thing or five?  At least it's not spread out over the whole week (I hope!).

Thanks for all your support girls.  I think I'll just stay in here in future.  At least it's safe here.  I guess if you swim outside the flags you risk being attacked by the sharks  glare.gif

ETA - My day has just been brightened.  Josh has woken up in such a good mood and keeps giving me cuddles.  It's as if he knows I'm having a bad day.  He was sitting on my lap a few minutes ago and just started grinning for no reason.  I look to see what he was grinning at and he'd spotted a photo of his daddy on the desk  wub.gif What a little sweetheart!

Edited by Kath14, 10 April 2007 - 04:04 PM.

#73 4lildarlins

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:59 PM

Hi girls .. my hcg is up to 2700 .. doubled in 56 hours .. not perfect ... I cannot believe this is ongoing. I now have to wait 2 weeks for a scan .. this is torture and emotionally tearing me apart  cry1.gif

#74 HairyMaclary

Posted 10 April 2007 - 04:02 PM

Chris - So sorry to hear that you are still having problems  sad.gif .  It must be so hard to grieve while things are still ongoing.   bbighug.gif

#75 Guest_**Slappy**_*

Posted 10 April 2007 - 04:22 PM

Chris - I have been thinking of you ALL day, waiting for you to get your results. Im sorry this is dragging out for you, it would be nice to just be given a definate yes or no with no grey area hey? I hope you manage to get through the next 2 weeks and you never know, maybe this little bub is a fighter  hands.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.