Work From Home - Customer Service Contractors

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#1 MellissaD

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:40 PM

I applied for this position yesterday, and today I was sent a link to an on-line test which I passed - basic typing, spelling, Internet and Windows questions. Just waiting to hear more now!

Here's the link:

http://careers.salesforce.com.au/jobDetail...AW&sLanguage=en

Mellissa

#2 ~jen~

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:51 PM

I saw this also but haven't gone any further as yet.

Does the link let you in on anything else, like rate of pay, hours you may be expected to put in or hours of operation ie am,pm?

TIA

#3 MellissaD

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:58 PM

You put in your availability in the application, but need to be able to commit to at least 10 hours a week. It sounds as though they are fairly flexible and willing to work around you.

You'd be a contractor rather than an employee for an Australian company, taking calls from customers and confirming order details, but it doesn't mention a rate of pay.

You need to have an ABN, or be willing to get one (very easy), and have a computer with broadband Internet and Windows XP, a corded telephone, and be willing to purchase a hands-free headset. It also sounds as though you need to be familiar with an e-mail program such as Outlook and database such as Access.

Hope that helps! I'll let you know if I hear anything more.

Mellissa

#4 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:32 PM

This sounds interesting..

Is it legit????

sprinkles xx

#5 dolphin31

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:57 PM

Hi MellissaD,

Thanx for the info, I just applied and I got rejected  ph34r.gif as, I don't have ISP broadband.  rant.gif  rant.gif
I hope anyone else who applies for this has more luck than I did.

Good Luck Ladies

Paula.
ME(33)
DH(32)
DS1(11)
DD1(3)
DD2(2)
M/C(6/6/05)
DS2:(7months)

#6 MellissaD

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:15 PM

I can't vouch for the legitimacy, though one thing in its favour is that it is being advertised through a recruitment/outsourcing company. I guess I'll find out, but I though it couldn't hurt to apply. I can always say no if it turns to be dodgy original.gif

Mellissa

#7 ***TheBlendedBunch***

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:20 PM

the link isnt working for me sad.gif can someone help me? it says the page cannot be found

#8 MellissaD

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:27 PM

Try going here: http://www.salesforce.com.au/career.asp

Then clicking on Job Search on the left hand side.

Under "Locations" select "@Home (Work From Home)"

Then click "Search" down the bottom. The job details should come up, then just click on the position title.

Mellissa

#9 Amysha

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:52 PM

Sounds alright but I hate jobs that don't advertise the rate of pay so probably wont apply.

#10 AllMyChildren

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:46 PM

I'm just wondering if I should apply...considering I'll be having a baby in less than three months  huh.gif

#11 MellissaD

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:05 PM

Since it's a contractor position, I'm sure you could stop when the baby arrives  original.gif

Mellissa

#12 Snugglz

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:30 PM

Doh - every time I click on Apply it doesn't do anything!  I can get it to open as a new link, but then it comes up with an existing customer login screen??  The print application link doesn't work either....can anyone help? sad.gif

Suse

#13 AllMyChildren

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:36 PM

Well I bit the bullet, so thanks for that link biggrin.gif

#14 MellissaD

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:40 PM

Suse - The screen that comes up should say "Begin job application
To begin your job application, please enter your e-mail address below:", and underneath is a box to type your e-mail address into.

Under that it says "Existing applicants:
If you have previously applied for a position with us, please use the same e-mail address as your previous application.
This will assist us in processing your application as quickly as possible. You can update your e-mail address upon starting your application." in a yellow box.

Is that what you're getting?

Mellissa

#15 Snugglz

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:46 PM

Mellissa - thanks for replying to me, it's frustrating me senseless! LOL  I can't work out why the button links won't work for me!  cry1.gif   I don't get teh screen as you mentioned, it simply has the Existing Applicant Login box.  Wouldn't it have to be the way though, the one time I actually really want to do something I have an issue!!

#16 MellissaD

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:50 PM

Hmmmm.... try this:

Go to http://www.salesforce.com.au/

Click on the "salesforce.jobs" button

"Job search" in the left menu

Select "@Home" in the "Locations" menu

Click "search" down the bottom

The job details will come up - click on the position title and go from there, see if it makes a difference???

Mellissa

#17 Snugglz

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:59 PM

Already tried that...no different, I think my computer is playing naughty games on me.  Thanks for trying to help though, I will try again tomorrow and if still no luck I will try it on someone else's computer. original.gif

Suse

#18 MellissaD

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:20 PM

You could also try clearing out your Internet history and/or deleting cookies before trying again.

Mellissa

#19 ~mimo~

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:33 AM

Sounds good, but I can't be bothered getting an ABN then all the associated crap that goes with it such as BAS etc.

#20 silne

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:21 AM

Edited by silne, 15 April 2007 - 08:34 AM.

#21 casperhugg

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:22 AM

thanks for the link, I put an application in last night

#22 Amysha

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:31 AM

Sounds good, but I can't be bothered getting an ABN then all the associated crap that goes with it such as BAS etc

If you earn under $50k per year though you don't have to register for GST. You have the ABN and quote it but you dont register for GST or charge it, therefore no BAS or CRAP  laughing2.gif

"You must register for GST if your enterprise has an “annual turnover” of $50,000 or more (or $100,000 if you are a non-profit organisation). Once you do, you will need to charge GST, issue “tax invoices”, and submit GST returns to the Tax Office."

#23 MellissaD

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:33 PM

I had a call about this job this morning, and I can confirm that it is definitely legit. You'd be working for an extremely well-know Australian company. I'm not sure I'm allowed to say who it is, so I won't. But rest assured it's all above-board.

Mellissa

#24 AllMyChildren

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:46 PM

Hey Mellissa, how long did you have to wait before you found out you passed the test?

#25 silne

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:50 PM

Edited by silne, 15 April 2007 - 08:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.