Work From Home - Customer Service Contractors

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#26 AllMyChildren

Posted 13 April 2007 - 03:36 PM

Well I met their requirements so now I'm just waiting on a call biggrin.gif

#27 Amysha

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:11 PM

I meet the requirements, I just want to know the pay before I decide if I want to apply. Anyone been told details of that side of things yet?

#28 dolphin31

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:32 PM

Hi,

Well I applied for this job yesterday and got a reply straight away and got rejected for not having ISP broadband. I went Late night shopping last night and I went into a Telstra shop and asked them what broadband ISP was and they told me it was just a name (ie:Dodo,Optus ect). I was also asked what sort of job I had applied for  and I explained to them, they then asked me if this company was legit?

I can see that a lot of you ladies have had more luck than I did, do you all have dial up broadband or do you have something else?

Paula

#29 ElizabethIAm

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:35 PM

I just applied for this job so I will see how it goes. It did say the hours of operation was Mon - fri 4pm - 7pm however and I would think that those times could be quite difficult (5pm or so) with a child.

Anyway i will wait and see if I hear from them.

I don't have a corded phone however i said I did. Its not to difficult to get a phone with a cord if required.

Liz

#30 Chocolate Addict

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:48 PM

I went to apply but those hours arent really good for me. My son loves being around when i am on the phone so that wouldnt work! lol

Has anyone found out the pay rate?? I know someone said they know the company, can they name it?? Cos those work from home type jobs always sound dodgey to me. YOu know the old saying "if it sounds to good to be true... " tongue.gif

#31 MellissaD

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:01 PM

babyone1 - I received an e-mail later the same day to say I'd passed the test, and a phone call the next day. Since today is Friday, maybe you'll hear something early next week if you don't today?

dolphin31 - ISP = Internet Service Provider, ie whoever supplies your Internet access. Dial-up and broadband are different services. Dial-up means you dial into the Interner through your phone line; with broadband you use the phone line to transmit data but don't dial up, meaning the Internet is always on and you can use your telephone at the same time. That's why they need you to have Broadband Internet - so you can take calls and input information into the computer simultaneously.

Betty Bo - I actually didn't read the bit about hours of operation! But it wouldn't be suitable if you had children at home anyway as you need to have uninterrupted quiet.

redgirlshell - I didn't find out the rate of pay, but during the phone call I received today I did find out the name of the company. I honestly don't feel comfortable revealing it because I'm not sure I'm supposed/allowed to, but it is a VERY well known Australian company, one which the majority of you would have dealt with at some time!

Mellissa

#32 AllMyChildren

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:13 PM

Where does it mention the hours of operation??  It asks you the days/times you are available so I assumed you could work your own hours (also since it's contractual work).

#33 Chocolate Addict

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:21 PM

Fair enough Mellissa  original.gif  I hope it works out for you.

The hours of operation were listed as 4pm -9.30pm mon - friday and 11.30am - 7pm saturday. (i think - correct me if i am wrong!)

#34 dolphin31

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:30 PM

Thanks for your reply Mellissa, thanks also for clarifying ISP (I'm still suffering from placenta brain LOL).

Our ISP is Telstra and we are able to recieve and make phone calls whilst on the net and our computer is on 24/7. ph34r.gif
Maybe I should just quit while I'm ahead, also as other PP have said I thought we got to choose our own hours and days we were available to work. That's the way I thought work from contractors would operate. Oh well back to the drawing board for me, so to speak.

Thanks
Paula

#35 MellissaD

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:34 PM

dolphin31 - It sounds as though you DO have broadband then! And I just went and looked at the ad again, and it says "working hours that suit you" - I couldn't see where it said any hours of operation.

Mellissa

#36 ElizabethIAm

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:59 PM

Well I applied for this job this afternoon and have just completed the online test. Just waiting now to see how I went.

Betty Bo - I actually didn't read the bit about hours of operation! But it wouldn't be suitable if you had children at home anyway as you need to have uninterrupted quiet.

I know they say the hours of operation are Mon-Fri 4pm - 9pm however it still gives you the option of hours available. The only times I would really struggle is between 4pm - 5:30pm just before DP comes home from work.

#37 Amysha

Posted 14 April 2007 - 05:13 PM

In the application area it says

"The hours of operation for this work are between 4pm and 9.30pm Monday to Friday, and between 11am and 7.30pm on Saturdays. You will be able to select work periods between these hours, according to your availability.

Please list the breakdown of hours you are available to work*

#38 ~Moya~

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:27 PM

Hi Guys,
I'm in the middle of applying, would somone that knows who the company is mind pm'ing me and letting me know if you don't mind.
Cheers
Moya

#39 AllMyChildren

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:46 PM

Well, I don't think I would like working during those hours as that is the time I'm catching up with hubby and relaxing.  sad.gif

#40 ElizabethIAm

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:46 AM

Well they just sent me an email saying:

Thank you for taking the time to sit our online skills assessment.  We are pleased to advise you that your results meet our requirements.

We look forward to speaking to you shortly regarding our Contractor opportunities.

So I guess now i will wait and see what happends when/if they call.

#41 ElizabethIAm

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:22 PM

Just wanted to add that I have just finished a phone call in regards to this job and I think I have been sucessful. It is for a very well known company (although I don't feel I should state the name). There is no "cold calling" involved as the job purely involves you receiving calls. You are on a contract and get paid per call and the lady i spoke to said depending on how quite and accurate you are at the job you could expect about 6-8 calls per hour.

I also questioned the hours as in a PP I mentioned how I was a little concerned being that between 5pm - 6.30pm things were quite busy with DD. She said that you can choose the hours you work and if you do have to go to the loo or you do have small children who require your time you just tick a box on the computer which lets the company know that you are unavailable.

I don't think you would expect to make a fortune but I think it could be a nice little bit of extra cash.

Liz

#42 Natasha

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:29 PM

I have also just got off the phone and I think I may have been successful as well, just waiting on a confirmation call.  It all sounds great and it is for a reputable company and like Liz said it will be some extra money in my pocket.  I love that there isnt any cold calling involved and I was also told about 6-8 calls an hour just depending on how quick you do your bit and how many people signing up.

I am looking forward to hearing back now!

Nat

#43 kryz

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:55 PM

Hi
I am planning to give this a go as well - I was wondering if anyone who knows which company it is could please PM me to let me know.
Thanks very much.

#44 AstralMoon

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:40 PM

hmmm,
so you can choose to work OUTSIDE of their nominated hrs?? hoping someone knows what I mean?  blush.gif

#45 casperhugg

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:49 PM

Had a phone call from them today. All was good, but I won't change one thing for them, so they aer keeping me on their list in case something else comes up

#46 MellissaD

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:54 PM

Same here Cheryl!

Mellissa

#47 ElizabethIAm

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:04 PM

so you can choose to work OUTSIDE of their nominated hrs?? hoping someone knows what I mean?

There hours are Mon - Fri 4pm - 9pm and Saturdays 11am - 4pm. You have to work within these hours although you have the chance to be flexible within those hours. I could say for example that I am available to work from 4pm - 5pm and then start up again from 6:30pm - 9pm. IYKWIM

#48 -river-

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:47 PM

I was thinking about applying for this job and was wondering if anyone knew how much you get per phone call?

and if someone could PM me the name of the company, i'd appreciate it original.gif

also what questions were you asked when you got the phone call?

#49 Tasha~

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:03 PM

I also just recieved my first phone interview (with one more to go).  It sounds great but I have no idea how the kids will cope LOL

I'm going to give it a go (if I'm successful) and see what happens.  You can always tell them it is too hard and to take you off the roster.

#50 AstralMoon

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:06 PM

Thanks Liz !!  blush.gif

could someone please pm me the name of the company and what you get per call please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.