Work From Home - Customer Service Contractors

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#51 singleton

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:29 PM

Can I please have a pm with the name of the company too, thankyou.. wink.gif

#52 *~Kellie~*

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:49 PM

I will go so far as to say if successful you would be a self employed contractor taking customer service calls for a reputable telecommunications company.

You can earn on average $18 per hour taking between 6 - 8 calls per hour.

HTH

Cheers

Kellie

#53 bunbaked

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:02 PM

Hi all,

sorry, new to group but I wanted to say I have been lurking a bit lately, and applied for this position. I got a phone call today and it sounds FABULOUS! The lady was really nice, said that I am well on my way to getting this position, and to expect my next phone interview within the next day or so.

As you all have a hint to who the company is, I wont tell you who it is. If you still cant figure it out, there is another hint in the actual application.

The Lady that rang does this position herself, and says its really good. In between phone calls, you can put dinner on, do some washing etc, just dont tick the box until you are ready to take your next call. Sounds really easy as there is a set script involved, she said and I quote, "anyone that can read can do this job"!

If you are still dubious, just give it a go, what harm can it do??

#54 nod4

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:07 PM

I did the test today and it came back saying I would be receiving a call.
The ladies that have already had the call, do they tell you how it is set up, as in how do you receive the calls (I know on the phone) wink.gif  but do they set it all up from the office or do they come out to your house to  set it up?
After hearing what you girls have said about your calls, I looking forward to getting mine.

Michelle

#55 bunbaked

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:14 PM

Hi Michelle,

its really simple, all they do is divert calls to your home phone number... so all you have to do is pick up the phone!!   biggrin.gif

#56 kryz

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:57 PM

Does anyone know whether they put the applicants through any training etc.? If so for how long?
I know I'm getting ahead of myself here but just wondering if I need to organise someone to care for my son during that time.
Thanks very much.

#57 nicki-b

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:11 PM

I had my phone interview today too.  DS had the whole neighbourhood in and they decided to play band in the middle of it Doh, still, think it went ok.
After another interview there is an online course takes 8 hours but you have a 3 day period in which to do it.
Hope this helps
Nicki

Edited by nicki-b, 17 April 2007 - 07:12 PM.

#58 nod4

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:12 PM

Thanks ladies

Sounds really good.
I really hope I get my call soon

#59 AstralMoon

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:18 PM

well I've gone a bit further into the app and now need to touch up the ol' resume!
thought it was 'who' it is too, lol

Edited by squeezy, 17 April 2007 - 09:19 PM.

#60 *~Kellie~*

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:04 AM

They have an 8 hour 'accreditation' program which is done online and can be completed over 3 days.

It can't be called 'training' as you're not paid for it.

Essentially, customer service calls are redirected through their switch to your home phone, nobody has your number except the company.  You receive the call, tick and flick the webforms (which is why you need broadband as you need to be on the phone and on the net simultaneously) and send the info at the end.  When you are ready to take your next call, tick the box and the program will send you another call.  No cold cavassing at all.  So the more calls you take, the more money you make.

You choose your hours and you are rostered on, there is a forum and a web for other work at home contractors where you can swap and share hours that don't work for you as rosters are done 3 weeks in advance.

Holidays?  No problems, just let them know you are unavailable.  They like a minimum of 10 hours just to remain familiar with current products etc.

HTH

Cheers

Kellie

#61 wittle*star*

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:18 AM

Is this still opened to apply as the link wont work for me? And can I also have a pm with the company name please?
Thanks.

Edited by wittle*star*, 18 April 2007 - 08:18 AM.

#62 **Kaz**

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:55 AM

I just applied for the job, waiting to see now hands.gif

I think I know who it may be now to now that someone said there is a clue in the application process.  Easy peasy to guess!!

#63 illusion

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:31 AM

Hi,

Quick Question............I have also applied last night but reading the OP it mentioned that there is an online test too I have only completed the application form, was there a test I missed? can someone let me know.

TIA
illusion

#64 *~Kellie~*

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:37 AM

They'll send you a link with an online test to complete, password etc.  It's not hard - 15 minutes worth of Q's and includes a basic typing test.

Cheers

Kellie

#65 illusion

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:59 AM

Tops,

Thanks for that.

#66 Guest_dearnne_*

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:34 AM

Could someone please pm the name of the company also?!!

#67 nazza.online

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:00 PM

I'm only guessing but I'd say it would begin with T and end in A!!!!!  ring ring

#68 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:04 PM

I have just applied. Can someone please pm me the company.

Thanks

Sprinkles xx

#69 JESSJODE

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:53 PM

I worked in the Telstra call centre for a little while here in Cairns.  I can't imagine them contracting from people's homes??
There is sooooo much to learn!!! Its really full on!

Most stressful job I've had in my life.  Well actually thats incorrect, being a mother is. lol.

Who is the employer?

Rach.

#70 ElizabethIAm

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:31 PM

I worked in the Telstra call centre for a little while here in Cairns. I can't imagine them contracting from people's homes??
There is sooooo much to learn!!! Its really full on!

Well I guess you learn something new every day as they do in fact do this now, and yes that is what the job is. It does appear like this job would be extremely difficult whatsoever.

Just say you have your phone service connected with Optus and a door to door sales person knocks at your door. You listen to what they have to say and decide that you will switch over to their company (for example lets say it is telstra). The sales rep then contacts someone at telstra who then talks to the customer just to confirm that they have in fact agreed to switch over. This person just confirms name details with the customer as well as ready some kind of terms and conditions etc.

The person who is going through this information with the customer would be yourself if sucessful with the job. IYKWIM

Edited by Betty Bo, 18 April 2007 - 03:32 PM.

#71 louisek

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:44 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have also applied and had my first phone interview on Monday but have not heard anything since? Has anyone else made it through the first phone interview and onto the next stage? Im just curious and am wondering if they have forgotten about me??? blush.gif

Lou

#72 JESSJODE

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:38 PM

If only I could get broadband in this suburb I'd apply.  Sounds pretty cruisy Betty.  I was in bill enquiries, so you could imagine the abuse I was copping!

Rach.

#73 illusion

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:30 PM

Just to be painful, how long did it take for you to get a response regarding your application? I applied last night and nothing has come over today, just curious is all.

TIA
illusion

#74 ElizabethIAm

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:54 PM

I think I got a response the next day and he questionaire was sent later that day. I also had my phone interview on Monday and have not yet received a call for my other one. I am a little concerned as the lady said they prefer to call home phones and that she would leave a message although I have just realised our answer machine isn't working properly. I may give her a call tomorrow just in case (fingers crossed) they have tried to call me.

Liz

#75 -river-

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:49 PM

I am going to apply for this also and just wanted to know what you were you asked in the phone interview?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.