April 06 Parents #81

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#51 2forSuz

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:18 AM

Oh Kate, how scary for you and poor little Austin  ohmy.gif  So glad he is snoozing happily now.  Wow what a night!  Big hugs to both of you hhugs.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSE!!!!  Have a wonderful day, little one.

Back later.  Kaz - hope the party goes well and the rain stays away.

#52 blueynat

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:31 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSE

Kate~I hope Austin is feeling better today.I know what it's like being by yourself and your baby takes a turn like that.I was a single mum for nearly 5yrs b4 DH came along.It's always good to have someone there to call.Just think DH is back today to help out again.Try and relax today original.gif

Ok better go.

Hello to everyone else sorry for no personals.

edited because there is no point posting it.Ppl have more important things to worry about than reading my winge.Not in a good mood sorry

Edited by blueynat, 22 April 2007 - 12:08 PM.

#53 scuttlebutt

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:51 AM

Happy first birthday Rose!!!

Thanks guys, DF is home now, I am shattered though as I get hardly any sleep, at least I should be able to have an early night though!

#54 mummagoobs

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:58 AM

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY ROSE  wub.gif  biggrin.gif

#55 ~Kirsten~

Posted 22 April 2007 - 11:14 AM

Kate, I hope Austin is feeling better.

Happy Birthday to Rose.
Must dash..Lily awake..

#56 Marsbars

Posted 22 April 2007 - 01:18 PM

Wow what a weekend.  The last of our visitors have left and Im absolutely shattered.  Connors bday was two weeks ago on Easter weekend and weve had visitors for the last 3 weekends, so Im tired, pregnant and exhausted!!!  I feel hungover but I didnt have a drink lol.

Thankyou so much for all Brodie's birthday wishes even though Ive been MIA for so long, it made me feel very special.

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY ROSE!!

Some quick personals as the boys are demanding lunch already and house is a sty!

Mel- Congrats on DH being made captain, bet you are very proud!!!  Enjoy the footy today with the boys!!

Kate- Poor Austin and POOR YOU!  It would have been stressful and Im glad Karen was there on hand to give you some advice.  Enjoy having DH home.

Kaz- Re weaning hope it can be done on your terms, I was over feeding Brodes as I was pregnant but when I got so sick for that week he went off it and I never got that last feed I wanted, so know how it feels!  Re BB Housemates I always hope that none have the same name as my kids and one is called Brodie this year- spewing!!!!  Hope hes not an idiot!

Boys are being painful so Ill BBL tonight.

#57 LittleDCJ

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:13 PM

Hi girls

Marns - Great to hear from you.  Sounds as if you have had a busy few weeks.  Put your feet up and relax now it is all over.  

Nat - Come in here at anytime to have a whinge, that is what we are here for.  You will feel much better afterwards.  I hope that everything is okay and you are in a better mood and smiling.  Not all our posts need to be happy and cheery, we are a great support group and here whenever you need us.

Karen - Have fun at your nephew's party.  I hope that the weather improves a little.  I am glad you could be there to support Kate when she was scared and worried about Austin.

Mel - Have fun at the footy with the boys.  Congrats to your DH being appointed Captain.

Kate - So sorry to hear Austin hasn't been well.  You must have felt so alone and scared since your DF wasn't home.   I am so glad to hear that he is doing better now.  Did you get my PM the other day?

Natw - How many B&C's did you have?  I hope you enjoyed them, sometimes we need a drink or two just to help us chill out.  Well done on completing Joel's invites, I'll keep an eye out for our postie to deliver ours.

A big hello to everyone.  I hope that all the parties are going well and that the sun is shining.

Us - It has been just Carter and I since last night.  Deakin spent the night at the ILs and we'll pick him up tonight when we go there for dinner.  DH had corporate box tickets to see the crows so had a boys night out with some friends.  They went to a pub afterwards and he didn't get home until 1.30am, he then got up at 9 and went to work.  It's been nice just the 2 of us.

I think C is getting another tooth.  Why do they have to be so painful cutting through?

We had a great time at the picnic yesterday.  Deakin loved playing with his mates and watching the trains go past.  Carter slept for a while in the stroller and then loved crawing everywhere and being pushed on the swing.  We really should do them more often.

Enjoy what is left of your lazy Sunday.

Tina

#58 kirstyandkai

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:57 PM

Hi Ladies,

Kai's party went really well yesterday and I have some pic's of the cake for you to see. Didn't turn out too bad in the end.

#59 My3kiddies

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:36 PM

Hi,
  We had a great day for Willow's party today. The weather was perfect.  biggrin.gif . Willow was buggered by mid-day and she slept until 4pm  ohmy.gif Here are some pics of her party today. Some of them are a bit blurry  sad.gif

Cow Cake....
Skye and Willow.
Willow enjoying her bbq lunch....
Willow with her new toy!!!

Chris is going to maker her a toybox next weekend for her proper birthday so I will post a pic of that when he finishes it. Ok gotta go, got heaps of cleaning up and gotta think about baths soon too.  I will be back tmorrow arvo, I got to do a grocery shop. But my lovely mum offered to come and help look after the girls tmorrow. How nice is that.  wub.gif

I will also try and post a video on here tmorrow too, time permitting  laughing2.gif

Bye
Tracy original.gif

#60 LittleDCJ

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:08 PM

Kirsty - The cake turned out really well, great job.  '

Tracy - Great photos, looks like Willow had a great time.

Forgot to say in my last post:

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY ROSE!!!
  I hope you have a fantastic day.

Carter has been a pain in the butt today.  He just does not want to sleep.  I tried for 2h to get him to sleep this afternoon, ended up giving him an extra bottle and some panadol and he finally slept but only for 40 min.  He was then really clingy and only wanted to be held and still really tired.  I was fed up so I chucked him in the car and drove around for an hour and he finally slept for 45 min.  Once I stopped at home the little bugger woke up again.  Luckily my mum dropped in but he wouldn't let her hold him or play on the floor so she pushed him on the swing so I could get some stuff done.  DH can deal with him tonight, I need a break!!

We're off to the ILs now for dinner and to pick up Deakin.

Seeya tomorrow....Tina

#61 Mumtotrampolinists

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:51 PM

Happy Birthday ROSE... wub.gif I know I'm late at posting blush.gif ...had a fowl ole day.But kids are quiet watching TV daniel gone to work, IM watching the rest of Biggest Loser and then getting ready for BB07 yahooooooo. Theres a morman in BB07 that will be V interesting.....
On the birthday list there was a 3 day gap between babies born what on earth did we cope being baby-less for 3 days hahaha.... laugh.gif  bbaby.gif  roll2.gif

hello to everyone and hope you are all well. And I will come back and chat prolly tomorrow.

Kate good to hear Austin is fine now and Ben is home yippee.

Chris or Marty to win Fat Loser.

hugs and Loves to you all.

ETA I made BB07 a yr earlier haha

Edited by Mavericks Mummy, 22 April 2007 - 06:53 PM.

#62 natw

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:34 PM

Deb Looks like you've got a big night of TV ahead of you  biggrin.gif I hope the kids are all tucked in bed so you can relax after your awful day  grin.gif

Tina I only had 2 drinks - that's enough for me, hehe. I hate it when they refuse to sleep and then just get more and more tired and cranky, and fight it even more  wacko.gif Joel does that often. Today I took him for a nice walk in the stroller to get him to sleep (we were at my Mum's), only to have him wake up 10 minutes after we got home glare.gif I hope Carter is a good boy for you tonight.

Tracy Awwwww looks like Willow had a great time at her party  happy.gif Thanks for posting the pics. Is Chris going to make her another cake next week?

Kirsty Wow! You did a fantastic job on Kai's cake  cclap.gif Glad his party went well! HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY KAI FOR TOMORROW!!!
Are you going to do anything special, or just have a quiet day with your birthday boy (playing with his new presents)?? I guess that is special, hey?  happy.gif

Marns Whhooaaaa, 3 weekends of visitors is just too much for anyone  blink.gif I hope you can have a bit of a break now  wink.gif How's your pregnancy going? Quickly, I bet! Everytime I see your sig around I can't believe how far you are!

Nat  bbighug.gif Whinge anytime you want to, mate - we're here to listen. Sorry that you're not in a good mood atm  sad.gif  I hope everything is okay.

Kaz I had a couple of drinks, and Joel is still breastfeeding  blush.gif It was a one off though. I hope that Caitie weans okay for you and you can capture those last moments  happy.gif Are you a bit sad about her being your last, or completely relieved, hehe?

Mel I hope you enjoyed the footy today, and WELL DONE to Shaun on his captaincy  tthumbs.gif

Kate  ohmy.gif How scary for you. I'm glad Austin is okay. I hope you're having a rest now and enjoying your DF being home  happy.gif

Freyja I hope ROSE'S party went well  happy.gif

Today we went to my Mum and Dad's to pick up tables and chairs for next week, and ended up staying for dinner. Of course I went out without a bib for Joel, or a change of clothes  rolleyes.gif so he ended up with a pair of Hannah's mauve tracksuit pants on, hehe. He looked very cute. He is really good at going to bed at night when we come home from being out all day. I just lay him down and walk out, and I don't hear a peep  happy.gif (of course he still doesn't regularly stay there yet  rolleyes.gif )

Talk to you all tomorrow..

#63 ~shell~

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:40 PM

]ROSE LOUISE - I hope your birthday has been fantastic.  Happy Birthday little one.

Edited by ~shell~, 22 April 2007 - 09:40 PM.

#64 mummy2bailey

Posted 22 April 2007 - 10:34 PM

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY ROSE LOUISE
bIG hugs AND KISSES FROM CONNOR AND BAILEY, HOPE YOUR DAY WAS SPECIAL wub.gif

THANKS NAT FOR THE hugs THE OTHER DAY I REALLY NEEDED THEM wub.gif
NIGHT ALL SULEE

#65 ~Kirsten~

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:32 AM

Happy Birthday to Kai

Morning all, Thought I'd get a quick post done while Lily is still relaxing in bed and Noah is watching our video from the Monster Truck for the 4th time!!!  He loves it.

Natw - Sounds like you had a big day.  Glad Joel went to sleep well - hope he stayed that way!

Deb - Hope you enjoyed your TV viewing.  How are you feeling with this pregnancy?

Tina - Sorry to hear that Carter has been a pain for oyu.  Yeah to your mum coming over to help out.  Gotta love mums!

Tracy - Great photos from Willow's party,  Love the cake!

Kirsty - You did a great job with the cake.  Hope the day went well for you all.

Marsbars - You have done well to cope with your busy weekends and being pregnant.  Try and take it easy.  The sound of morning sickness make me literally feel ill, the thought of being so ill with two kids is almost enough to put me off a third.

Already loving BB07.  DH and I are suckers for the 7pm reality TV programs!

#66 shelldar

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:41 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSE FOR YESTERDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAI

Didn't get on at all yesterday, had to teach all day, then got home and had dinner, then had to run out to a kinder committee meeting.  Don't know why I do this to myself wacko.gif

Might try to get back later for some personals.  Have a heap of emails to sort through, have some new enquries though, so thats good.

#67 scuttlebutt

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:05 AM

Happy first birthday Kai!!!

#68 LittleDCJ

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:31 AM

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY KAI!!  I hope you have a fantastic day.

#69 princesstaya

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:09 AM

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY KAI!!
  Have a great day little man. Kisses & cuddles from Taya Joy.

Must dash But thanks to all that sent their congrats to my DH on his captaincy it was compleatly out of the blue for us both.
Bit worried now about the extra demands of it as training both night as he was only going once. Oh well will see how it goes. shrug.gif  smile1.gif

Have a great day!!

#70 ~cackleberry~

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:17 AM

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY KAI!  Hope you have a wonderful day!  By the way, Kirsty, the cake looked great, just like the picture you showed earlier.  original.gif

#71 Marsbars

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:34 PM

Happy 1st Birthday Kai!

#72 Guest_~Karla~_*

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:48 PM

Happy Birthday Rose for yesterday!!
and
Happy Birthday Kai!!

Sorry I haven't been for a few days - we've had a very busy weekend.....  Spent $200 on the cats at the vets on Saturday (vacc's etc) and back again today as the dog bit one of the cats and ripped all the hair off the back of her neck. sad.gif  So now we have to make a decision about the dog, and it's not looking good.  sad.gif  I'm a bit sad, so I'll leave it there before I bring everyone else down. wink.gif

#73 natw

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:25 PM

Hi girls,

I've been at the shops all morning, and now the kids are asleep  happy.gif Have mailed Joel's invites, bought some pass the parcel pressies etc, got a fantastic (cheap) belt and pair of earrings to complete the outfit that I'm wearing to the wedding on Saturday  tthumbs.gif Ran into my cousin and her kids and then some old friends that I haven't seen for aaaages (they didn't even know we'd had Joel, and they have another bub as well!) So now we'll endeavor to catch up, which will be great. I did all of this with Joel in the stroller and Hannah walking beside  ohmy.gif I won't say it was easy (we had a few minor meltdowns  wacko.gif ), but we did it  cclap.gif

Karla Sorry to hear of your pet problems - it doesn't sound good, hey?  sad.gif Sending you (((BIG hugs)))

Mel What grade does your DH play in?? I should ask what code too, hehe  rolleyes.gif It must be hard to stay excited and supportive of him when you realise it means more nights at home with the kids on your own, hey?

Shelldar Geez you sound busy! That's great about having some more enquirers  happy.gif I hope they turn into jobs  original.gif

Kirsten I like reality TV too, but I just can't do BB, hehe (I miss The Biggest Loser already). DH is complaining about the BB ads already  rolleyes.gif

Sulee No probs on the hugs  original.gif I hope you're feeling a bit better about everything. Has Connor weaned completely, or is he still feeding??

Hi Marns, Kaz, Tina, Kate and everyone else  original.gif

Signs that out babies aren't babies anymore...
Joel woke around 4am this morning, so I quickly brought him in with us and fed him, and we both went to sleep (usually I put him straight back in his cot). A little while later, he rolled on top of me, and I woke up thinking 'sh*t! When did Hannah come in here....and WHERE is Joel  unsure.gif ' only to turn the light on and realise that it WAS my baby laying beside me  cry1.gif

Bye for now..

#74 Freyja

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:48 PM

Happy Birthday Kai!

A big thankyou to for all the love sent to Rose yesterday  original.gif . She had a great day and here are some pics:

In the morning with big sister and her birthday bear:

Why is everyone singing? (plus the cake)

Yum! Cake.

Everyones gone home, DH and DD1 have gone to the neighbours to return something, all is quiet and I am clearing the coffee table while Rose watches one of her new DVD's. Hmm. Where is Rose? I look behind the coffee table and this is what I find!

Obviously one stolen biscuit wasn't enough! Ah- you only turn one once, lol.

natw- thanks for thinking of us yesterday. Wow about your cousin! You certainly have a lot to catch up on. That is definitely a sign your baby is getting big, rofl.

karla - Oh no! That is awful. How are you feeling now?

kirsten- yeah, I like my reality tv too!  tongue.gif What was the BB secret though? I fell asleep and missed the last 20 mins or so. I woke up at 8.57pm and had missed half of Grey's Anatomy as well  sad.gif

Gee, the rest of the last ten are all birthday wishes.

Just have to add:

Kate
- Poor Austin - how scary! I'm glad all is okay and they fixed it quickly. Just when you thought you were done...gee.  ohmy.gif

#75 2forSuz

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:05 PM

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY KAI !!
Kirsty - that is an amazing cake, well done!!

Natw - you've certainly had a busy morning, congrats on getting it all done with the 2 kiddos in tow original.gif

Karla - sorry to hear about the cat & dog problems sad.gif It's a difficult decision to make unsure.gif

Marsbars - bet you can't wait for a commitment-free weekend!  Rest up as much as you can.

Kaz - hi  biggrin.gif How was your weekend?

Mel - YAY for your DH being appointed Captain cclap.gif

Tina - how's Carter been sleeping today??  Days when they don't feel the need to sleep are EXHAUSTING for us mummies wacko.gif  It's so frustrating when you can see how obviously tired they are!

Kate - how's Austin today?  Bet Ben was pleased to see both of you.

Shelldar - that's great that the new enquiries are rolling in happy.gif

Kirsten - I try not to watch BB07 but usually get sucked in  tongue.gif   I loved Biggest Loser, they were all so inspiring.

Sulee - how's that cute little man of yours?  And you too of course?

Tracy - such cute pics of Willow's party.  I love the cow cake -Chris is so clever biggrin.gif  

Hi to everyone else.
I've been at a training course all morning and I have another all day tomorrow.  Finance stuff - thrilling, I know wacko.gif  tongue.gif DH is home with Amelie today, actually he SHOULD be doing the school run about now!

Amelie stirred 2-3 times last night which, combined with a Finance course, makes me very sleepy yyawn.gif  She has 2 molars coming thru at the same time, poor baby.

Does your baby have a favourite ad on TV?? biggrin.gif   Amelie adores the ABC Childcare one 'All you need is love', stops whatever she's doing and crawls so fast over to the TV to sit and stare.  She also loves the sights and sounds of Deal or No Deal laughing2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.