Vita-Weat with butter and Vegemite!!!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 2littlefairies*

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:07 PM

YUMMO - nuff said really!!!!!

Haven't had these for years and I have some tonight, soooooo yummy, don't know why I have deprived myself for so long.

2LF xxxx

#2 MellissaD

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:08 PM

Good one, I'm going to have to go out and buy some Vita Weats now!

Did you make little wormies?  biggrin.gif

Mellissa

#3 TeamBlue

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:08 PM

doesnt sound very appealing to me sick.gif  laughing2.gif

#4 Nicky*Nacky*Nocky*Nu

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:15 PM

I bought some the other week for that reason - been years and love them with vegemite wub.gif

I use to squeeze them together to get all the wormy squiggly vegemite butter up.  Didn't happen when I tried recently - maybe because I use less butter now?

Got one gripe about them though  glare.gif they need to be bigger.

#5 2littlefairies*

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:17 PM

Of course I made the wormies, it doesn't taste the same if you don't. grin.gif

2LF xxxx

#6 ~ZiggyStardust~

Yummo, I loved making worms out of em when I was younger... still do now  blush.gif  they are so tasty, hmmm, I'm hungry now lol  cry1.gif

BTW - Hi Haylez

#7 ~PURPLE~FAIRY~

i used to have it also here.

will have to make it for my kiddies.

#8 Bloomer

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:43 PM

I must buy some I also like them with peanut butter

#9 jactela

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:16 PM

i was telling ash the other day that we used to have Weetbix with butter and sugar on them so he tried it and loved it as well.

Dont you love introducing kids to the things that you loved as a child, especially when they like them too.

#10 Jubilant

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:22 PM

Yum!  Yes they are nice.  Now I have to go and buy some!   original.gif

#11 jaydee

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:20 AM

Yum - must put vitaweats on my shopping list.  My personal fave is spread with Philli cream cheese and top with tomato.  mmmmmmmmmm
Got one gripe about them though  they need to be bigger.

Haylez, you can buy bigger ones - I think they're called "sandwich size"  original.gif

Jo

#12 vonnegutesque

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:42 AM

To get the wormies happening right you need to have the flat sides together or it doesnt work.

I figured this out a month or so ago when i was craving them and nearly in tears cause I couldn't get wormies (i'm pregnant, ok?  laughing2.gif  )

#13 wittle*star*

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:48 AM

Yummm - I love them with butter and vegemite too! and always make the wormies lol, when my DH saw me doing that for the first time he thought I was mad - guess who makes wormies and eats them ALL now  laughing2.gif

#14 Nieuw mij

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:01 AM

Mmmmmmm...

We got some vegemite the other day and had a sandwich
I had also forgotten how good vegemite is

Toast time hehe

#15 Lees75

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:22 AM

We ran out of the milk the other day, and DS wanted Weetbix for breakfast.  So I gave him 2 weektbix with butter and vegemite.  DH was horrified, but DS loved it.

Excuse my ignorance, but what on earth is a wormie? blush.gif

#16 ♥NicsMummyShaz♥

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:16 AM

I agree.
I love this. It's sooooooo good!
Damn your making me want some now!

Shaz

#17 **Maroon6**

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:22 AM

Can't believe this thread. I actually had one for the first time in years tonight. Wow.

#18 Colleer

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:23 AM

Dammit - now I am going to have to make a trip to woollies JUST to get vitawheats wub.gif .  Who started this thread laughing2.gif
Its been years...........

#19 Ange

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:49 PM

YUMMO!!!  tongue.gif

#20 Jen1

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:50 PM

I use to love having them when I came home from school, and there definately had to be worms  grin.gif  laughing2.gif  grin.gif

#21 Nicky*Nacky*Nocky*Nu

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:44 PM

Got one gripe about them though they need to be bigger.

Haylez, you can buy bigger ones - I think they're called "sandwich size"  original.gif

I didn't know they did "sandwich size" lol Will have to go check it out next shop!  Gripe over now  cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.